Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome, after seeing your guys success at repre-ordering with customer service, i had a go with them and not only got it pre-ordered, but got it at 26.30, even though i originally pre-ordered it at 29.41, that piece of me that died when cancelled is back to life now...for the time being

I got a response from Udon that makes it sound like this was purely on Amazon's end and there wasn't some kind of supply issue like Amazon's email suggested. Frustrating. They say it's still scheduled for late July, though.

[quote name='technicalstylez']http://www.amazon.com/Monster-Hunter-Illustrations-Capcom/dp/1926778170/ref=pd_sim_b_5

the japanese version is 2 books in a slipcase, so based on the page count it just seems udon is combining the 2 books into 1 book.
amz cs just changed my price to 26 even. huzzah.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That looks fantastic and it's a total steal price again. Looking forward to my order getting canceled sometime next spring.

[quote name='wquach']Dig through your old emails for the order confirmation email that you originally got with the $26 price. It also has the order number that you can reference to the rep when you talk with them, seeing that canceled orders no longer appear in your account.

I just chatted with a rep just now and the adjustment was done hassle-free. I even got it at $26.30, which is lower than what I originally ordered it at ($26.98).[/QUOTE]

That's the thing I said, I didn't get it at 26 dollars, I got it at 29.xx and then it dropped a few dollars. We'll see what they say, maybe I'll talk to them tomorrow. God I hate talking to CS reps for anyone about anything.

My February order was canceled as well, sent a message to amazon and they just got back to me. The rep said I could re-order it at the current price and if it hasn't dropped below 26.30 by the time it ships they'd adjust it. Kind of a roundabout way of getting my previous order's price, especially since amazon is usually much more helpful in these situations.

called a rep (or rather, had them call me) and within 5 minutes basically was told i'd get it back to my 26 and change price if it ships out at a higher one. simple enough there really. but yes, do have the emails of both the order itself and when they canceled it.

[quote name='Vortextk']That's the thing I said, I didn't get it at 26 dollars, I got it at 29.xx and then it dropped a few dollars. We'll see what they say, maybe I'll talk to them tomorrow. God I hate talking to CS reps for anyone about anything.[/QUOTE]

Got the same problem here. I ordered it when it was about $28.xx, but I'm positive it dropped to $26.xx at one point thanks to the pre-order price guarantee, but I don't know how to explain that to the CSR without any evidence as she's only letting me buy it back at the price I had originally gotten it had ($28.xx).

Sigh, didn't expect Amazon to let me down on this. :(

[quote name='62t']I dont think it ever drop it $26. Some people got it for $26 since it was in their gold box[/QUOTE]

No. It dropped to $26.30 at some point. That's why so many of us are quoting that price. We had open preorders that auto-adjusted.

Oh man, did anybody NOT have their preorder canceled? This thread is making me so freaking nervous.

So far, so good. My order hasn't been canceled yet. Strangely enough though, my order total is USD26.24 not USD26.30 like everybody else...

Amazon, you and me, we've had a great relationship so far. Don't let this come between us! Don't let this come betweeennnn usssss! Taking screenshot of my order details just in case.

Got mine re-instated too! Did it through online chat. Didn't get any "we'll issue a 5 dollar credit" workaround or "just this one time" sassy dialogue. They very courteously just had me re-place the order and updated it to $26.30 even though when I ordered it, it hadn't yet reached that price and was only at $28.xx. They didn't force me to prove that it had dropped that low or any nonsense like that. I must be living right, or something.

Good for you, I guess.

Camelcamelcamel shows that it had dropped to $26.98 sometime in April, so if you ordered anytime before then, that would be a reasonable price to expect.

[quote name='lilliful']Got mine re-instated too! Did it through online chat. Didn't get any "we'll issue a 5 dollar credit" workaround or "just this one time" sassy dialogue. They very courteously just had me re-place the order and updated it to $26.30 even though when I ordered it, it hadn't yet reached that price and was only at $28.xx. They didn't force me to prove that it had dropped that low or any nonsense like that. I must be living right, or something.[/QUOTE]

Did you say that number or did they? Like "oh, and this was at one time 26.30 so I'd like to get it back at that price" or did they realize what the low price was? Regardless if you technically deserve it or not =P Wondering which side is giving the price info.

The first guy was giving me some BS about I couldn't get the original price because they don't do "price match" when I explictly told them it was a PREORDER. I just shut the guy off and tried a new rep and everything went smooth as butter. My new order is back at 26.30!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Guess that's another Art Book I'm getting.[/QUOTE]

Dammit I don't even know what it's for but I want one now. >

[quote name='Jinque']Here's a new artbook coming out:

Shigenori Soejima Artworks

He worked on the Personas, Trauma Center, Catherine, a few other games[/QUOTE]

Saw the Japanese version a few months ago and glad I passed on it. btw no Catherine stuff since that came out in 2011

Glad I saw this thread as I was also one of the unlucky people to get their order cancelled. I originally placed my order back in January and since then it's just been e-mails from Amazon pushing back the release date, so it did not surprise me to finally see a cancellation e-mail in my inbox.
Walked in here expecting to see people complaining about the book no longer being released and instead get brought up to speed on the situation. Called Amazon, the representaive placed me on hold for 5 minutes and finally admitted that he could not see why my order was canceled and adjusted everything back to normal with free one day shipping. Good day so far.

This one is only 160 pages which is shorter than the ones we've been ordering, but... gotta catch em all? Here's a review of the Japanese release; looks great for Persona fans.

Ah, it's got a P 3 & 4 art! I am in for it then! I am getting quite a nice collection of these now. If only I could find that damn SF20 one >_>

I just called Amazon customer service about my canceled order, and the rep I talked to was incredibly helpful. He just put a promo credit on my account for the difference between the current price and the old $26.30 pre-order price, and I re-ordered, and everything worked out perfectly.

[quote name='Vortextk']Did you say that number or did they? Like "oh, and this was at one time 26.30 so I'd like to get it back at that price" or did they realize what the low price was? Regardless if you technically deserve it or not =P Wondering which side is giving the price info.[/QUOTE]

If the old listing link was up, camelcamelcamel.com would probably have the tracking price up spanning all the way back to its $26.30 low price point. Course, Amazon reps might not take it into consideration but it would at least have a date of when it hit that price.

In any case, the pre-order price guarantee only works if you order it before the dropped price, in which case, I actually didn't (I remember it dropping to $26.30 before I bought it at $26.98) so I lucked out with my rep.

All in all, as others noted, it's a matter of who you get, and trying again, and I too, hate it when I get an incompetent rep.

I got my new order PM'd to my canceled order... and they let me keep the Gold Box discount. Came out $24.xx.

It's too bad that the Catherine stuff isn't in the book. And it's only 160 pages.. a little on the light side compared to Udon's books, especially this 400 page VC behemoth-- assuming it's ever released.

[quote name='Vinny']It's too bad that the Catherine stuff isn't in the book. And it's only 160 pages.. a little on the light side compared to Udon's books, especially this 400 page VC behemoth-- assuming it's ever released.[/QUOTE]

I hope it sells, and we get all three Kaneko Works combined into one MEGAten artbook released here.

I would settle just for Kaneko Works III though.

E-mailed them, if I get some crappy answers I'll contact more directly. I don't know if you can do anything else at like 4 am when I e-mailed, since they have csr's from outside the US I just didn't check.

I'll probably order that last book when this order goes through, I have 20 bucks credit for valkyria and even with this last delay I imagine it'll come out sooner before that one, I want it applied there. Already was before it was cancelled. I have never even played a persona but watched the entire endurance run of p4 on giant bomb earlier this year, feels like I have gone through it now.

*Edit* And done. First e-mail, they responded to order it again, second e-mail fixed my price. Thanks for the quick fix amazon. Amazing new find for me as well, I can use my points on my amazon credit card right on the site now at any amount rather than waiting till I hit a certain point thresh hold and then getting it done through the CC company as whatever I want it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Meeryn']Oh man, did anybody NOT have their preorder canceled? This thread is making me so freaking nervous.[/QUOTE]

My August preorder is still intact. In fact, they just updated my shipping date to July 25th-29th.

I guess not giving in to the "cancel and reorder every time the price drops" craze paid off. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='Zippon']My August preorder is still intact. In fact, they just updated my shipping date to July 25th-29th.

I guess not giving in to the "cancel and reorder every time the price drops" craze paid off. :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

I placed my preorder on August 20th, and never cancelled and reordered. Yet for some reason my order was cancelled along with just about everyone else's.

[quote name='Zippon']My August preorder is still intact. In fact, they just updated my shipping date to July 25th-29th.

I guess not giving in to the "cancel and reorder every time the price drops" craze paid off. :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

Almost no one does that, and that's not the reason why anyone's book was cancelled.

[quote name='Vortextk']Almost no one does that, and that's not the reason why anyone's book was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

I agree there's no evidence that that was the reason.

My August order wasn't cancelled, but it was delayed as expected. At this point I will just be glad to see it printed after the scare of all the cancellations.

[quote name='Vortextk']Almost no one does that, and that's not the reason why anyone's book was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying all the people who posted they cx'd and rebought in this thread are lying? :roll:
I'd link to all the replies, but it would cramp my hand. LOL

[quote name='salty tbone']I agree there's no evidence that that was the reason.[/QUOTE]

Too true. But if Amazon thought they were shorted stock, they would cancel the newest orders first, just like any other retailer.

It's not a big deal, I'm just making conversation. I thought it was interesting because I remember cautioning against the cx/rebuy tactic, and the answer I often got was, "What harm could it do?" If this guide actually was shorted (which it probably isn't), there's the harm. Food for thought.

I preordered back when it first showed up - August 2010, I believe it was - and never did the cancel/rebuy tactic. Nevertheless, my order was cancelled. I emailed Amazon and the response I received was that it was cancelled in error and they adjusted a new order to $26.30.

So, theory is confirmed false. :D

[quote name='thelonepig']
So, theory is confirmed false. :D[/QUOTE]

Without knowing the day you placed your order....not really. ;)

At the end of the day, I'm just happy #1) we're still getting it and #2) people are having their orders reinstated (with some added effort).

[quote name='Zippon']So you're saying all the people who posted they cx'd and rebought in this thread are lying? :roll:
I'd link to all the replies, but it would cramp my hand. LOL

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying it's not a majority of people because anyone who regularly shops amazon will probably not do it, price drops are automatic, why waste my time cancelling and re-ordering every single price drop when I know it'll happen and it always has. You can lol it all you want, but you act as if 100% of people did it since that's nearly the amount of books that were cancelled.

[quote name='Serpentor']Just got another e-mail, the VC book is delayed again, it will be shipped in July.[/QUOTE]

After pre-ordering every Udon book that has been released over the past couple of years I have come to the conclusion that anytime Udon announces a new book, add 6-8 months to their predicted release date and that will be when the book is eventually released :lol:

The second CS Rep I chatted to changed my (re-)pre-order price to $26.30 as a "one-time exception".

I'm just glad he changed the price because the first CS Rep I chatted to wasn't able/willing to help me. I find it very annoying that Amazon removes cancelled orders from my order history (as opposed to just marking them as "cancelled" and leaving them visible so I can actually go looking through them in these type of situations). If the CS Rep had just claimed that they didn't see a lower price for my first pre-order, I would have been screwed since I never received an updated invoice from Amazon showing the $26.30 price.

I just realized (or re-realized) that this is a Paperback. :cry: I really wish it were a Hardcover so that it would match the rest of my art books...

That was my concern, being unable to prove the lowest price point since amazon doesn't e-mail you that information until the final "You saved!" e-mail after shipping. Lol I can't remember what it was, but the last one of those I got said I saved 11 cents because of the pre-order guarantee. Mine went through fine and atleast you got yours on the second go around.

I always understand the one time exception wording looking at it from their side, but I really do hate hearing that when it was their site screwing up my order.

bread's done
Back