Valkyria Chronicles: Design Archive (English Art Book) $28.41

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So I was looking on Amazon to see if they were going to have a guide for Valkyria Chronicles 2, but they had a Valkyria Chronicles artbook listed instead at $17 off the list price!

It's listed as having 400 pages, so it's probably the same thing as the Valkyria: Development Artworks (Japanese) book except a lot cheaper and in English.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1926778162/

Publisher: Udon Entertainment (January 15, 2011)

Udon is the same company that released all of those Capcom artbooks and I have a few of them and they're really cool.

[quote name='enemyofusall']I emailed them and got a very quick response here it is:

"We should be doing a press release about the book in the next 2 weeks or so. But basically it is a localization of the 400 page Japanese book “Gallian Chronicles: Development Artworks”. Contents should be pretty much exactly the same as the Japanese version, only in English."

:)[/QUOTE]

Edit: New Lower Price: $31.49! :bouncy:

Barnes and Nobel: $33.74
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781926778167/?itm=3&USRI=valkyria+chronicles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vortextk']I'm saying it's not a majority of people because anyone who regularly shops amazon will probably not do it, price drops are automatic, why waste my time cancelling and re-ordering every single price drop when I know it'll happen and it always has. You can lol it all you want, but you act as if 100% of people did it since that's nearly the amount of books that were cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm just making small talk. The thread is full of posts where people casually cx'd and rebought because they didn't trust the price adjustment. So no need to preach that to me--I let my order sit just like you.

And no, I never claimed that would somehow cause all the order cancellations. I was just joking that I was one of the first people to buy this (placed my order about 2 hours after the thread started) and for some crazy reason my order is still valid. It could be dumb luck, or it could be that Amazon thought they were getting shorted and started canceling the newest orders first. If they truly were shorted, then the people who cx'd/rebought would have screwed themselves out of a cheap price.

I honestly don't know. But it's something to think about the next time CAGs get impatient and cx/rebuy something like this. Is "First Come, First Served" really such a radical idea for some folks that they have to argue about it? :argue: I'm only trying to help while passing the time.

Looks like it got delayed again. I just updated my CC on the order (old one's been canceled) and the shipping estimate got pushed from July to August 15-19th

^ Udon already mentioned that the book will be revealed at Comic-con in july. From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense for them to release the book to the general public before an event like comic-con because people will already have bought it from places like amazon, which means they won't make any money selling the books at comic-con. If they truly "reveal" the book at comic-con, attendees will have first crack at the "new" book and will happily pay retail cover price to receive the book in person. For those of us who preordered, we get the book several weeks later but for almost 1/2 off. If you really needed the book right away and wanted to pay $50+ for it, I recommend you just buy it at Kinokuniya.

[quote name='yokofox33']This is exciting. Hopefully they'll publish the VC2 art book as well.[/QUOTE]

Coming February 2016!

This is great news. I took a look at the actual book (JP ver.) at Anime Expo a few weeks ago. Damn is this thing massive, can't wait to read through it very soon.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Hooooooooly fucking moses it's about time.[/QUOTE]

About time? You're making it sound like we've been waiting a year for this or something... it's only been 11 months. :lol:

So when the hell is amazon getting this? Went to a comic book store and saw it on the shelf under "New this week" so why hasn't amazon shipped yet? It was the English version I'm sure because I was flipping through it and it was all English.

Would have bought it but it was $49.99 which is way more than the $26 I'm paying.

Soon I hope.. it's been way too long. I don't get how they can keep coming up with excuses to delay this any further.

wtf... ya i checked and mines still not shipped. Just listed as a 'delay' i heard some people lost their orders a while back but i think im fine since its still listed

btw any other new artbooks for sale over the past several months i may have missed?

[quote name='Kenshindono']wtf... ya i checked and mines still not shipped. Just listed as a 'delay' i heard some people lost their orders a while back but i think im fine since its still listed

btw any other new artbooks for sale over the past several months i may have missed?[/QUOTE]

Orders weren't lost really... Amazon cancels orders that have not been fulfilled within 1 year of placement. But as far as I know, Amazon PM'd all orders to whatever price was on the canceled if people emailed them. Luckily for me, when they canceled my order, it showed up in my Goldbox the next day so I ordered it and they PM'd the price- saving me 5% extra. Haha...

The bad thing is that I paid with a GC and the price is lower than when I ordered it but they won't refund me my $2 until the order is fulfilled.:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']Amazon cancels orders that have not been fulfilled within 1 year of placement.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen this happen, and I often have items ordered over a year in advance.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']for whatever reason, the amazon page still says august 9, so i'm assuming it won't be until then[/QUOTE]

Still says that on when you search it, but clicking it says they'll ship it when it gets released. A poster on the Amazon discussion of the page says they just got a shipping confirmation, so hopefully Amazon is finally sending these out.

Edit: And the 1 year cancellation doesn't seem right, 'cause I've had Last Guardian on pre-order since it showed up in my gold box.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order just shipped!

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com LLC) :

1 Valkyria Chronicles: Desig... $26.30 1 $26.30

Shipped via USPS

Tracking number: Omitted

Item Subtotal: $26.30
Shipping and handling: $3.99
Super Saver Discount: $-3.99
Pre-order Guarantee: $0.00
Sales Tax Collected: $2.33 (curse you NY!)
Total: $28.63
Paid by Visa: $28.63

Pic or it didn't happen! =P no serisouly I'd like to see how the english version looks compared to the japanese one. I really hope that they translate the 2nd Valkyria Chronicles art book.

[quote name='mowmow']Pic or it didn't happen! =P no serisouly I'd like to see how the english version looks compared to the japanese one. I really hope that they translate the 2nd Valkyria Chronicles art book.[/QUOTE]

They've already announced that they're going to publish the 2nd VC book.

[quote name='mowmow']Pic or it didn't happen! =P no serisouly I'd like to see how the english version looks compared to the japanese one. I really hope that they translate the 2nd Valkyria Chronicles art book.[/QUOTE]

The book is hefty. I didn't order one, but I saw it at a local Japanese store. I thought it was imported, but it did say Udon on it.

I regret not ordering it at the $26.xx price. Might still order at the $31.xx price.

Like the poster above me said, it's very hefty. I was flipping through the english one at the comic book store and it's thicker than the Okami book and the Art of Alice Madness Returns. I was honestly surprised by it's size and content. (I saw a pic of Selvaria in a bikini)

[quote name='ssjmichael']My order just shipped![/QUOTE]

Lucky! I got another email from Amazon today saying the release date changed (again), but this time from the August 22 week to the week of August 10th. Oh well, I can wait...
I ordered it on August 23rd, 2010 at the $26.30 price...its been so long! Its crazy!

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ'] (I saw a pic of Selvaria in a bikini)[/QUOTE]
Totally worth the wait. ;)
:bouncy:

I posted a few pictures of the JP version in the Valkyria Chronicles thread in the PS3 forum a year or so ago. If anyone's interested, here you go:

DSC_1272.jpg

DSC_1273.jpg

DSC_1274.jpg

DSC_1275.jpg

DSC_1276.jpg

DSC_1277.jpg

DSC_1278.jpg

DSC_1279.jpg

DSC_1280.jpg

I was looking at the Amazon page for this book and found out that Udon are bringing over the Soejima artbook, too. Definitely picking that one up.

[quote name='elessar123']The book is hefty. I didn't order one, but I saw it at a local Japanese store. I thought it was imported, but it did say Udon on it.

I regret not ordering it at the $26.xx price. Might still order at the $31.xx price.[/QUOTE]

I have the japanese version of the book. I just want to see if it looks the same or not. If its different, I wouldn't mind dropping money to get another vc artbook. Also the ability to actually be able to read it would be a big plus

^its identical to the japanese version, except it has english text. all of udons translated books have been like this (okami, re5, darkstalkers graphic file, etc).
the only difference i can think of would be for the upcoming monster hunter book which actually combines the previous 2 book monster hunter set (b&w sketch book and color book in a slipcase) and squishes the aspect ratio from 2.35:1 to 1.66:1, causing a distortion in the artwork only noticeable if u've seen the japanese version.

soo to answer ur question, theres not gonna be any new artwork, just english text.

On the 29th mine was updated from Aug 22-26 delivery to Aug 11-17.
On the 30th it was shipped with an estimated delivery of Aug 8!

First I've heard of the "1 year old orders are cx'd". A bunch of orders did get cx'd, but nobody really knows why. Best guess was that Amazon got bad info saying they were shorted, so they started canceling the newest orders first. I don't have much evidence except that I was one of the first in this thread to order it, and I never did a cx/re-buy to get a price adjustment, so my order date stayed the same.

I can't wait to check this beauty out!

[quote name='Slermy']I have never seen this happen, and I often have items ordered over a year in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's only if they don't get a fixed date on the order or the date changes too frequently. I forget, they have a unwritten rule about this- it might not be 1 year but if the order is delayed more than x number of times within a year.

[quote name='ssjmichael']My order just shipped![/QUOTE]

Mine was delayed from August 9th to August 11th?:whistle2:? It might be because I no longer have Prime but the order was placed with 2-day shipping still active.

Mine still says Aug 11 and I have prime. Of course mine was one of the reorders placed after amazon cancelled my original order. As long as I get it I will be happy.

My copy got here last night! Looks gorgeous. It came in one of those wraps around the book type of cardboard mailers :cold: hate those things. Has spots on the binding edge where it got banged up a bit. I wanted a mint condition one but since I've waited so long for this I'm going to let it slide. Haven't leafed through it yet, but the binding looks adequate and the weight still supprised me. Wonder how much a hard cover will cost and how much more it can weigh.

Some of you already have yours? Damn, mine's not being shipped until August 7th...:whistle2:(

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Is there any announcement of a hard cover or are you just hoping?[/QUOTE]

Udon makes hardcover guides for some of their books, but they're exclusive to their website store and there's an insane premium on them. There is no VC hardcover that I see listed but you can see what's available here.
http://www.udonstore.com/Udon-Entertainment-Hardcovers-s/12.htm

bread's done
Back