VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

[quote name='thagr81_us']Yeah, it definitely blows a big one... But the sad thing is, I have done all I can to protect the sellers, so I'm happy about that. Hopefully they listen to my warning and take my advice before the items are delivered. I didn't total everything up that was bought, but they went WAY over the max on my credit card and would have just about drained my checking account if they were to have used my information for these purchases, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect. But seriously, if you guys find out something about this or the perps, hit me up and I am BEYOND pissed about this... Thanks again.

-Calton Sparks (not Autumn...)[/QUOTE]

Did you check to see where the other packages were supposed to be sent to? I'd definitely alert local authorities. I even contemplated doing it myself, but they'd probably want to hear from the victim and not me, heh.

Unfortunately, I did not check on that and just deleted all the information on my account completely. Can someone check and see if my account was cancelled completely or not... I can no longer log in as my new password does not work. I want to call eBay again to confirm, but I need their damn 6 digit pin for my account and I have to log in to generate it. And yes, this still sucks...

[quote name='thagr81_us']Unfortunately, I did not check on that and just deleted all the information on my account completely. Can someone check and see if my account was cancelled completely or not... I can no longer log in as my new password does not work. I want to call eBay again to confirm, but I need their damn 6 digit pin for my account and I have to log in to generate it. And yes, this still sucks...[/QUOTE]

I can still view your feedback and everything, so it looks like it still exists. Also, I have yet to get an email from Half.com telling me not to ship the item (though I did get yours), which means they haven't acted on their end yet. Maybe you can ask some of the other sellers that replied to you once you told them not to ship if they could give you the name and address of who they shipped to/were supposed to ship to? I guess that's the only other way to find out at this point.

Yeah... The crappy thing is that I can't log in to contact them anymore. Called eBay and went to get transferred and the server hangs up on me. This is bullshit!!! Anyone know a number I can call for eBay to get a Live call?

[quote name='thagr81_us']Yeah... The crappy thing is that I can't log in to contact them anymore.[/QUOTE]

If they replied to your email directly, you should have their real email address to respond to. If they replied to you through Half.com instead, yeah, you might be hosed.

In any case, there's still the Langcaster, CA address from my order. Identity theft is pretty serious business, I would hope the police there would treat it as such.

Very true... I will give them a call tomorrow while I'm at work with the address posted in the first page of this thread from my eBay account so they can take action on this...

Holy crap! Thanks for the heads up on this. For those of you it's happened to, I hope you're able to get your money back. That is seriously bulls*@t on the part of half.com. Unauthorized funds should be the responsibility of the place collecting the funds. I mean, what the f%@k are their commissions for???

Personally, I always get delivery confirmation. I'm just too paranoid in general and it's worth the extra money for my sanity.

Just wanted to update the status of these that were bought under my account name. I called the Lancaster, CA post office and requested a stop on all packages being sent to the address that was listed in the first post of this thread. After being on hold for like 8 minutes the manager told me that "You have perfect timing. We just received an message from our national headquarters to put a stop on all packages going to this address." So if your item has not been delivered yet, it will be stopped and sent back to the shipper. However, if it has been delivered, there is not much that they can do about that fact unfortunately. Sucks on all sides, but at least my actions are getting results for all of the people wronged in these fraudulent purchases.

I got a charge back from
C Turner
14728 Gilmore St #7
Van Nuys, CA 91411
United States

Probably the same scammer that has been hitting everyone out of CA. My guess is this scammer is either part of a hacking group or is buying hacked account from a hacking group. Then he/she is just buying as many games/movies from the account as possible before the real cc owner files a claim with the cc company. The cc company then contacts half demanding money back. This is the real shady part; half knows full well the cc company is doing the chargeback based on fraud and NOT failure to ship. But, half knows their privacy policy states that a chargeback for any reason requires the seller to provide dc and tracking or eat the chargeback. Even if it is not related to a failure to ship the item. That is totally unacceptable. You would think half (not to mention the cc company) would want to tip off authorities to investigate the addresses used with the hacked accounts. Instead they just go after the seller. :cry: I had delivery confirmation on my sale, but I'm guessing half is just going to make me eat the chargeback anyway saying their dispute on my behalf failed. Don't really know what to do from here.

[quote name='Sweeetdreams']I got a charge back from
C Turner
14728 Gilmore St #7
Van Nuys, CA 91411
United States

Probably the same scammer that has been hitting everyone out of CA. My guess is this scammer is either part of a hacking group or is buying hacked account from a hacking group. Then he/she is just buying as many games/movies from the account as possible before the real cc owner files a claim with the cc company. The cc company then contacts half demanding money back. This is the real shady part; half knows full well the cc company is doing the chargeback based on fraud and NOT failure to ship. But, half knows their privacy policy states that a chargeback for any reason requires the seller to provide dc and tracking or eat the chargeback. Even if it is not related to a failure to ship the item. That is totally unacceptable. You would think half (not to mention the cc company) would want to tip off authorities to investigate the addresses used with the hacked accounts. Instead they just go after the seller. :cry: I had delivery confirmation on my sale, but I'm guessing half is just going to make me eat the chargeback anyway saying their dispute on my behalf failed. Don't really know what to do from here.[/QUOTE]

If you have the DC number, they let you keep the payment. If they try to weasel out of it, you can contact them at 1-800-545-9857

[quote name='thagr81_us']Just wanted to update the status of these that were bought under my account name. I called the Lancaster, CA post office and requested a stop on all packages being sent to the address that was listed in the first post of this thread. After being on hold for like 8 minutes the manager told me that "You have perfect timing. We just received an message from our national headquarters to put a stop on all packages going to this address." So if your item has not been delivered yet, it will be stopped and sent back to the shipper. However, if it has been delivered, there is not much that they can do about that fact unfortunately. Sucks on all sides, but at least my actions are getting results for all of the people wronged in these fraudulent purchases.[/QUOTE]

That's good, at least. Here's hoping they tracked down the owner of the address as well.

[quote name='slowdive21']If you have the DC number, they let you keep the payment. If they try to weasel out of it, you can contact them at 1-800-545-9857[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that number. Hopefully they won't hassle me. :D

Hey everyone, I created an account just to post this. I'm a victim on the seller's end. I have a eBay account that I've had for almost a decade now with over 3,400 feedback at 100% positive and recently I received an email stating that I had won a PS3 and some games. Seemed like spam (I get these kind of emails regularly even to email addresses that I don't have an eBay account with) so I logged into my Paypal account to make sure that nobody had somehow gotten my account and made payment. Logged in and nothing, all my mula was still there and no unauthorized payments were sent so I disregarded the emails as typical spoof attempts. Fast forward a week or so and suddenly I had an eBay feedback saying 'Thanks for the purchase and your PS3 will be shipped to your alternate address' and now I'm at full attention. I clicked the view item link and it took me to Half.com which I have NEVER set up. I clicked on purchased items and there were 23 items purchased! How in the hell is he doing this w/o my Paypal account I thought to myself. Clicked on the credit card information and there was my answer. Someone had added multiple credit cards of various names and shipping addresses to my Half.com account and were using that to send payment for these items. The jaggoff (what kind of language can we use on this site?) even changed the email address to an address one letter off of my address but at Yahoo instead of Hotmail. Needless to say I changed all my addresses, email addresses and passwords to everything I had.

At this point I began trying to resolve this issue. I contacted eBay chat and after wasting an hour found out I needed to contact Half.com. They person gave me a number but then closed the eBay window immediately before I even said 'buh bye' and the number was gone. After sifting through the Half.com site I finally located a form letter to send off that I was having fraud issues (not even a close option but I sent it using some other topic just to get it sent) and after a few days (no hurry or anything here on their part... it's just people's identity on the line after all) I received a response. It said they couldn't do anything and linked me back to eBay's chat. After days of back and forth telling them they already sent me here I finally went back to eBay chat and wasted another hour (wait times are ridiculous) I was told there was nothing they could do (after the rep talked to a supervisor) and I would need to contact Half.com and she once again closed the window IMMEDIATELY w/o giving me any contact information. eBay REALLY needs to address this issue. They want feedback and so it closes the chat window entirely and there's no way to get back to ask for a number or even write down the number if you were given one. After being sick and effing tired of the run around I started Googling it to fix it myself.

It was with this Google search that I happened upon this site. For starters, thank you for posting the 800# because this is near impossible to find. There appears to be NO option on Half.com to actually reach someone and I even gave the person on the phone an earful about how this needs to be addressed. I explained the situation fully and she said there was nothing she could do. She would forward a ticket and someone would email me within a few days.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Does nobody actually care about this? I could get stuck here anywhere from getting negative eBay feedback to having the feds knocking at my door for identity theft and not to mention everyone else who's info is being used to make these purchases and Half.com & eBay both act like they could give a $h!t. I can't tell you how annoying this is and here's the best part... I can PROMISE you that I've never given out my password or information. I'm not some 70yr old lady who set up an account to sell her rocking chair. I was a Power Seller before such a label even existed. I've taught seminars on internet security with an emphasis on eBay & Paypal so you tell me how I would have allowed this to happen? Simple, I didn't. This means Half.com has a breach in security somewhere and people like myself who normally have nothing to worry about are getting hit and Half.com really doesn't seem to care. I can't believe how much effort this has been on my end and it's quite likely that had I done nothing other than change my passwords and emails I wouldn't have been affected by this. Hell, I've even been getting additional positive feedback so what do I care right? Try to do the right thing though and prepare for an uphill battle. Ugh.

[quote name='OstrichSak']Hey everyone, I created an account just to post this. I'm a victim on the seller's end. I have a eBay account that I've had for almost a decade now with over 3,400 feedback at 100% positive and recently I received an email stating that I had won a PS3 and some games. Seemed like spam (I get these kind of emails regularly even to email addresses that I don't have an eBay account with) so I logged into my Paypal account to make sure that nobody had somehow gotten my account and made payment. Logged in and nothing, all my mula was still there and no unauthorized payments were sent so I disregarded the emails as typical spoof attempts. Fast forward a week or so and suddenly I had an eBay feedback saying 'Thanks for the purchase and your PS3 will be shipped to your alternate address' and now I'm at full attention. I clicked the view item link and it took me to Half.com which I have NEVER set up. I clicked on purchased items and there were 23 items purchased! How in the hell is he doing this w/o my Paypal account I thought to myself. Clicked on the credit card information and there was my answer. Someone had added multiple credit cards of various names and shipping addresses to my Half.com account and were using that to send payment for these items. The jaggoff (what kind of language can we use on this site?) even changed the email address to an address one letter off of my address but at Yahoo instead of Hotmail. Needless to say I changed all my addresses, email addresses and passwords to everything I had.

At this point I began trying to resolve this issue. I contacted eBay chat and after wasting an hour found out I needed to contact Half.com. They person gave me a number but then closed the eBay window immediately before I even said 'buh bye' and the number was gone. After sifting through the Half.com site I finally located a form letter to send off that I was having fraud issues (not even a close option but I sent it using some other topic just to get it sent) and after a few days (no hurry or anything here on their part... it's just people's identity on the line after all) I received a response. It said they couldn't do anything and linked me back to eBay's chat. After days of back and forth telling them they already sent me here I finally went back to eBay chat and wasted another hour (wait times are ridiculous) I was told there was nothing they could do (after the rep talked to a supervisor) and I would need to contact Half.com and she once again closed the window IMMEDIATELY w/o giving me any contact information. eBay REALLY needs to address this issue. They want feedback and so it closes the chat window entirely and there's no way to get back to ask for a number or even write down the number if you were given one. After being sick and effing tired of the run around I started Googling it to fix it myself.

It was with this Google search that I happened upon this site. For starters, thank you for posting the 800# because this is near impossible to find. There appears to be NO option on Half.com to actually reach someone and I even gave the person on the phone an earful about how this needs to be addressed. I explained the situation fully and she said there was nothing she could do. She would forward a ticket and someone would email me within a few days.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Does nobody actually care about this? I could get stuck here anywhere from getting negative eBay feedback to having the feds knocking at my door for identity theft and not to mention everyone else who's info is being used to make these purchases and Half.com & eBay both act like they could give a $h!t. I can't tell you how annoying this is and here's the best part... I can PROMISE you that I've never given out my password or information. I'm not some 70yr old lady who set up an account to sell her rocking chair. I was a Power Seller before such a label even existed. I've taught seminars on internet security with an emphasis on eBay & Paypal so you tell me how I would have allowed this to happen? Simple, I didn't. This means Half.com has a breach in security somewhere and people like myself who normally have nothing to worry about are getting hit and Half.com really doesn't seem to care. I can't believe how much effort this has been on my end and it's quite likely that had I done nothing other than change my passwords and emails I wouldn't have been affected by this. Hell, I've even been getting additional positive feedback so what do I care right? Try to do the right thing though and prepare for an uphill battle. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing.

It's incredibly disheartening that ebay and half.com are either too completely unorganized to do anything or simply don't give a $hit. Probably a little of both I'd suspect going by yours and others' experiences.

Any ideas on how your password was acquired? If you give seminars on internet security then I'm sure you have a long ass, unguessable, basically crack proof password. I know all my important passwords are long and ridiculous and all different. Once again, disheartening.

Interestingly, the item that Dennis Dwyer charged back on me, half.com gave me a one time reprieve or whatever and paid me anyways even though I had no tracking information. Even more interesting is the other game I sent to the same buyer at a different address never filed a chargeback, which I was definitely expecting. Not sure what happened but I'm not going to complain about it.

Yeah, I'm still not sure how this is going to end but I can tell you this much... the security breach is on Half.com's end w/o a doubt. I just hope all the sellers get their money, the credit card owners they their charges refunded and this POS gets a long sentence in a federal penitentiary.

[quote name='ghofer']
ebay user: dhua4976

MILUSKA PEREZ
7122 MAMMOTH AVE
VAN NUYS, CA 91405
USA
.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FatBoyInside']
Buyer ID: dhua4976
Shipping Address:
Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
or
2004 14TH STREET CT W
PALMETTO, FL 34221
[/QUOTE]

I just got hit with a chargeback from dhua4976. I found this thread too late. I have a new alias to add to his repertoire though. Ana Smith, and mine was for the Palmetto address. This is the second time it's happened in a few months. If I don't get to keep the money and the chargeback goes through, I'm done with ebay, half & paypal. They can side with the scammers all they want. Looks like dhua4976 is "no longer a registered user" anymore either. I can probably kiss that money goodbye. fuck

Looks like the OP needs to be updated to show that Miluska Perez, Dennis Dwyer and now Ana Smith are all aliases of the same account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by ghofer

ebay user: dhua4976

MILUSKA PEREZ
7122 MAMMOTH AVE
VAN NUYS, CA 91405
USA

Interesting thing happened today. I sent a reply a while back on here stating that i had shipped the item to Miluska Perez. Well upon arrival it was refused for delivery. Thus the item was returned to me. If they dont pick it up within 60 days then it gets sent back so what a relief. dhua4972 didnt succeed here ahah. Looks like one alias is down.

Possible crooked buyer / hacked account on Half.com:

Buyer ID : psychox

Shipping Addy:
PIPER HOLLOWAY
4413 FM 16 W
TYLER, TX 75706
USA

This person has recently (and currently) been buying tons of videogames after a long period of inactivity, all within days. Plus, the mailing address is to a general trailer park area in Texas. Has anyone seen this address or alias before? Looks kinda suspcious, so be cautious.

I think I have a scammer, but I want to make sure before I post his ID. If anyone plays uncharted 2 on the PSN and would like to help me out please PM me (I have not used my PS3 online and I am scared to update the firmware).

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Possible crooked buyer / hacked account on Half.com:

Buyer ID : psychox

Shipping Addy:
PIPER HOLLOWAY
4413 FM 16 W
TYLER, TX 75706
USA

This person has recently (and currently) been buying tons of videogames after a long period of inactivity, all within days. Plus, the mailing address is to a general trailer park area in Texas. Has anyone seen this address or alias before? Looks kinda suspcious, so be cautious.[/QUOTE]

I had 2 Half.com sales to that name/address. Within about a day, I got the "unauthorized funds email" ... fortunately, I had not yet mailed the games out.

3 days later, I got another order, different userid, same name/address for shipping.

I also have an order now for:
Julio Leon
2565 OHIO AVE
SOUTH GATE, CA 90280-3930

which is an address in the OP.

Just got 2 chargeback emails from half.

user id: taivang5s1j
Shipping Address:
AUTUMN NEWTON
44714 FENHOLD ST
LANCASTER, CA 93535

I'm just sitting and waiting for this to become more prominent on Amazon, since they changed to the "Charge when shipped" method. What's to say that there won't be insufficient funds when they actually charge the customer, after it's already on it's way? This is a quagmire in the works, IMO.

I'm leary of Amazon's change as well sp00ge.

I started putting some of my inventory up in my wife's vintage clothing boutique in hopes to be free of these headaches (and commissions) by year's end.

I'm pretty protected from chargeback hell, but half really scares me with the 3 weeks it takes to get your money out. At least with Amazon I can request disbursement at will.

[quote name='wynams']Just got 2 chargeback emails from half.

user id: taivang5s1j
Shipping Address:
AUTUMN NEWTON
44714 FENHOLD ST
LANCASTER, CA 93535[/QUOTE]

I replied to these charge back emails immediately with delivery confirmation tracking showing DELIVERED on usps.com.

I logged in tonight to see my half.com account is suspended.

MC001 FPA NOTICE B001: Half.com Registration Suspension - User Agreement - username

Hello username,

We're sorry to tell you that your Half.com account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the community.

Unfortunately, during the suspension you won't be able to use Half.com in any way.

Any remaining selling fees are due right away. Amounts that you haven't already disputed will be charged to the billing method you selected.

We need you to take action. For more information about why your account may have been suspended and what steps to take now, please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suspended-accounts.html

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team

H46184

So I go to the http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/suspended-accounts.html link and that doesn't really tell me anything. I have emailed CS asking nicely, wtf?

Anyone have advice on what I should do? Thinking of getting my attorney general involved right now

[quote name='donut']Does this Amazon buyer ring a bad bell?

Kyle Smetana
1691 Praireview Ln.
Greenfield, IN 46140-7542

also this name (buyer) vivianne kateregga

[email protected]

Bought a game, DC shows delivered at noon today.
But wrote this to me this eve -

Hello Seller!
I was ordered this item :

" Items Ordered
[Video Game]
Condition: New
"

But now,i don't receive anything about my order.
Could you let me know that when i can receive my video game??
I think if your service like that,my feedback for you will not good!
Hope to receive your reply soon.
Thanks!

grrrrrrr:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Please add this to the op.
While I actually won the chargeback battle (shipped usps with dc) she/he still tried to scam me. I think the credit card company was unable to contact them after I submitted a rebuttal 3x!

The Oregon Attorney General's office is on the ball, so I went ahead and got that going. Regardless if I get the $213.xx 'Pending' in my half.com, I am done with ebay/half for good.

In fact, they can munch cock for all I care.

[quote name='wynams']The Oregon Attorney General's office is on the ball, so I went ahead and got that going. Regardless if I get the $213.xx 'Pending' in my half.com, I am done with ebay/half for good.

In fact, they can munch cock for all I care.[/QUOTE]

This really sucks for you guys. I've been selling a lot on eBay for the past 7 months and haven't gotten one charge-back yet (knock on wood). I have, however, gotten people who asked me where their item was even though USPS says it was delivered ages ago. I love those people. As soon as I point out the DC#, they never respond to my messages. it seems like some people know a lot about how winning paypal disputes work ;).

I recently just lost a dispute for $110 though. One god damn item that I shipped to France ended up getting "lost." fucking YAY! The best part about it? USPS didn't scan it at all. It was sent priority fucking mail, but USPS was too stupid to scan the little barcode that's on the package. And obviously PayPal sided with the buyer even though well over $10,000 has gone through my account in the past 7 months. Yes, PayPal. I wanted to screw one buyer out of a $110 item, even though I've had over 500+ successful transactions in the past 7 months.

[quote name='DarkRider23']This really sucks for you guys. I've been selling a lot on eBay for the past 7 months and haven't gotten one charge-back yet (knock on wood). I have, however, gotten people who asked me where their item was even though USPS says it was delivered ages ago. I love those people. As soon as I point out the DC#, they never respond to my messages. it seems like some people know a lot about how winning paypal disputes work ;).

I recently just lost a dispute for $110 though. One god damn item that I shipped to France ended up getting "lost." fucking YAY! The best part about it? USPS didn't scan it at all. It was sent priority fucking mail, but USPS was too stupid to scan the little barcode that's on the package. And obviously PayPal sided with the buyer even though well over $10,000 has gone through my account in the past 7 months. Thank you PayPal...[/QUOTE]

The USPS DC# does not track overseas.

[quote name='doughazelwood']The USPS DC# does not track overseas.[/QUOTE]

I know that, but it does track the package until it goes into foreign customs. That's all you need to win an overseas paypal disputed, but USPS is a bunch of idiots and didn't do what they were supposed to do.

[quote name='zY|']Any ideas on how your password was acquired? If you give seminars on internet security then I'm sure you have a long ass, unguessable, basically crack proof password. I know all my important passwords are long and ridiculous and all different. Once again, disheartening.[/QUOTE]

My guess on this is once or twice when I tried to log onto eBay the browser name was not www.ebay.com, but rather cgi.ebay.com. It is my guess that they obtain your username and password from logging into 'eBay' on this site and that information is stored into a database and the scammer uses that information to commit the scams... And yes, eBay/Half does not give a shit about it. Take it from me... I know. I spent 3 days after my initial 'hack' trying to get things sorted out to no avail. They just kept telling me to take the deletion lock off of my account. I told them to blow that out their ass. Hopefully all of this comes to an end with some people going to prison so they can get what they deserve... Buttsex

[quote name='wynams']
Anyone have advice on what I should do? Thinking of getting my attorney general involved right now[/QUOTE]

call them and explain the situation. HALF.com's customer service number: 1-800-545-9857

[quote name='thagr81_us']My guess on this is once or twice when I tried to log onto eBay the browser name was not www.ebay.com, but rather cgi.ebay.com. It is my guess that they obtain your username and password from logging into 'eBay' on this site and that information is stored into a database and the scammer uses that information to commit the scams.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that is a valid ebay web address.

EDIT:

OH and if you guys are shipping overseas, there is a certificate of mailing available for 1.15 at the PO. I am not sure if that is enough for PP, but it shows you mailed the package.

[quote name='slowdive21']call them and explain the situation. HALF.com's customer service number: 1-800-545-9857

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion, but have you called that number recently? It is entirely useless ...

Thank for calling half.com
If you are calling regarding an unauthorized charge on your credit card, please press 1.
For all other calls, press 2.

If you would like to contact us, please do so via email. Thank You! Goodbye!

[quote name='shagwoodtm']Yes I did and he went by a new username on Half... parkbballer54[/QUOTE]

oh, so you are a CAG after all ... :)

sucks to be a seller on half right now.

I have emailed every half.com customer service address a google search finds and half has responded to 0 of them. In addition, on one of the chargebacks that I was asked to provide tracking information and did is now being taken out of my balance. This despite the following email I got from half:

Thank you for your prompt response to our request with the shipping information for the sale order referenced.

• Order number: 44706xx
• Transaction number: 453939xxx

We have disputed the chargeback on your behalf and now must allow the buyer's credit card company 75 days to reply to our dispute. Please be assured that your account will not be debited as a result of this dispute.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Sincerely,

eBay’s Half.com Chargeback Division

I am meeting with an attorney to discuss legal recourse options and will keep this thread abreast of any developments.

If he/she thinks we might have a case I will definitely pitch the class-action around the entirety of the interwebs.

[quote name='zY|']I'm on the other side of the country.

I got hit again by suprattmike. I was going through my sales and noticed he had bought another of my items early last week. I didn't notice when I shipped it because of course, it was to a different address. Haven't gotten the chargeback yet but I expect to soon. I have delivery confirmation on this one though. About to send a long email to half.

Julio Leon
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

So there seems to possibly be ANOTHER person involved in this. This is of course, in the same area as Granada Hills.

Have you(or anyone) done the I3 thing? How exactly does that work?

As an aside, and after some googling, is this the same Dennis Dwyer arrested for ripping off FEMA in 94 after the earthquake? It's the same area again.
Well, it won't let me post links for some reason, but if you google "dennis dwyer fema" it's the 2nd result.[/QUOTE]

Got the chargeback on this item today.

Has been over a month and had actually forgotten about it. Looked it up and somehow 'supramikett' is still somehow alive and well and buying items and scamming people. I do not understand how it's possible for half.com to give so little of a shit. I sent them a long email detailing all that was going on with this as I'm sure many others have over a month ago, and they are so apathetic.

Luckily I have shipping receipt AND delivery confirmation receipt for this item so I hope that makes a difference.

Ridiculous.

The Oregon AG is already giving half.com hell on my behalf, and I expect I will be cut a check in full within 30 days.

Regardless of me getting my $ or not, I will never buy or sell on ebay/half/paypal again.

Will use my wife's retail store, a tiny bit on Amazon, google checkout and enjoy restful bliss.

Half.com is corrupt to the core.

I recently got a chargeback for an item sent to (guess who!)

Julio Leon
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

The order was from user toddheath19, on August 18th.

And now the motherfucker put in another order over the weekend, this time the account he's hacked is `mr2tcacaman'. Makes my blood boil.

Oh GODDAMIT! I was looking through the main list and I sent something to

Dennis Dwyer
11024 Balboa Blvd # 323
Granada hills, CA 91344

On the 2nd (user id pleasurechest714...don't know why that one didn't throw up some warnings) . =( I guess I'll just have to wait for the chargeback. =(

I just got a charge back notification from the same piper holloway person...here are the details
Shipping Method:Media MailBuyer:psychoxShipping Address:PIPER HOLLOWAY
4413 FM 16 W
TYLER, TX 75706
USA

I still have my delivery confirmation and I am replying now to Half also, I am going to send them a link of this thread so that they see how many people are being scammed by these people. I just now got the charge back but the sale took place back in 10/06...what a scammer...I'll keep you all posted

Well, good old Dennis Dwyer is at it again. I got another order from him yesterday, this time he's hacked account `badabing3.0'.

It still blows my mind that these guys can hack accounts and rip so many people off for so long, sending things to the same address and not anything happening to them at all!

Sigh, here we go again. Once again, he's after my copy of Fable II, using the ID "nsxjet" and shipping to one of the addresses in the OP:

Julio Leon
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

Last time this happened, I actually hunted down the real owner of the Half.com account and alerted him to what was going on, but I don't think this one's going to be so easy. What are my options here? Just cancel his order? Alert Half.com to the hijacked account?

There is a way to get your item back if it's still in the mail system, I have done it and it worked but you need to be quick about it. It's called a Mail Recall form and you can get it through USPS.com, I almost got scammed by someone on Mooch. But I used this form and they stopped it before it got delivered to him.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']There is a way to get your item back if it's still in the mail system, I have done it and it worked but you need to be quick about it. It's called a Mail Recall form and you can get it through USPS.com, I almost got scammed by someone on Mooch. But I used this form and they stopped it before it got delivered to him.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, though I haven't shipped him the game. I always check here first when I get a buyer from California.

bread's done
Back