VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

[quote name='ovareez']Here's another one that I got today. I looked at the feedback and they have bought a lot of games in the last few weeks. The account was idle for a year until recently.

Buyer:
dhua4976
Shipping Address:
Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
USA​
[/QUOTE]I'm just letting you know that I got scammed by this guy too. I also let Half.com know about this thread, and your post in particular, when responding to their email.

[quote name='ovareez']Here's another one that I got today. I looked at the feedback and they have bought a lot of games in the last few weeks. The account was idle for a year until recently.

Buyer:
dhua4976
Shipping Address:
Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, gCA 91344
USA​
[/QUOTE]

Damn. I just got charged back by this same exact guy for two PS3 games. I responded to the email with all the required information including the DC#. Are there any other measures I can take now or do I just have to wait for the outcome?

I can't think of anything to do but await the outcome. I have used Half/eBay for a long time and have never had this problem before, so I failed to buy DC or insurance, unless specifically asked by the buyer. I added him to the block buyer list, just in case Half doesn't do anything to him. Honestly, what he is doing is considered fraud, right? Some type of credit card/postal fraud? I doubt his credit card company would like the bad press of being an accomplice to this. Too bad I have no idea how to find out who his card is with. I don't even know who all he ripped off either or I'd contact all of them. Pooling our resources together would better prove that he is purposely committing fraud (assuming he wasn't a victim of a stolen credit card---we'd know that if his shipping address was the same as his billing address, but that info is only known to Half).

Has anyone ever shipped to this person who apparently uses 2 different user IDs on half.com :

buyer
zdongtracz22 (0)
wildcat33t (132)

Same address ship info
Theresa A. Cano
9001 N. 39th Dr.
Phoenix, AZ, 85051

One account seems fairly legit, but the 2nd account is newly made and still not registered. Is there cause for concern? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

I personally would not trust that FatBoyInside. The scammer that tried getting me had 60+ reviews which were all positive. It could very well be that they hacked into inactive accounts as some people above have suggested.

Thanks for the advice...I will refund both accounts and relist the items. Unfortunately, I was also a victim of several chargebacks, so better just be cautious. It would be cool if the OP can be updated with all these scammer IDs. Take care, guys.

EDIT: I scanned the whole thread and compiled this list. Hopefully, this can be useful. Cheers.

Confirmed SCAMMERS on Half.com / eBay (sellers beware!)

Buyer ID: dhua4976
Shipping Address:
Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
or
2004 14TH STREET CT W
PALMETTO, FL 34221

Buyer ID(s): Many aliases & hacked accts...just DON'T SHIP to
Shipping Address:
Crystal Turner / C Turner / C Y Turner
13554 Cantlay St APT 4
Van Nuys, CA 91405
or
14728 Gilmore St #7
Van Nuys, CA 91411

Buyer IDs: skeller968 / tinblessing8 / aznbruin / creep86er / turbotalonpsi / ctgeorge99 / alvaa01 / carlachicago / dyh888 / starpumaa
Shipping Address:
Tammy Roy / T Edwards / Jeck Main / Jen Peace
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
or
K Webb
6277 4th Street
Benton, IL 62812

Buyer ID: suprafly01
Shipping Address:
J Garcia
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

Buyer ID:cynbar768849
Shipping Address:
Cynthia Barnett
9401 S. Van Ness Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90305

Oneal Hamilton
1050 n summit Ave #4
Pasadena, CA 91103

AUTUMN NEWTON
7934 WOODMAN AVE #15
PANORAMA CITY, CA 91402

MILUSKA PEREZ
7122 MAMMOTH AVE
VAN NUYS, CA 91405

These were also reported, but they may have been isolated cases:

Buyer ID: tonybestbuy
Shipping Address:
Anthony Vecchio
P.O. Box 1643
La Fayette GA 30728
United States

Buyer ID: 94-sup
Shipping Address:
Bryan Morris
1570 Fourth street
Lewisport, KY 42351
USA

Buyer ID (s) : zdongtracz22 (0) / wildcat33t (132)
Shipping Address:
Theresa A. Cano
9001 N. 39th Dr.
Phoenix, AZ, 85051

Neil Gordon
14 Bailey Dr. SW
Lilburn, GA 30047

Buyer ID: bestthings772
Shipping Address:
Michael Currie
424 Pine Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33409

Nick V Fleming
2320 Bank St
Bakersfield, CA 93304

Jermane Pinson

Buyer ID: jifferz
Shipping Address: in CT

???????
147-29-182nd Street
Springfield Gardens, New York 11413

Bonnie Williams
108 Quinn Dr.
Mount Olive, NC 28365

Rachelle Heaton
11590 SW Lomita ave
Tigard, OR 97223

Caster Troy
114 bavarian dr aprt D
middletown, OH 45044

Buyer ID: graphicbreakdown ([email protected])
Shipping Address:
Timothy Wapner
5545 Pine Ave
Palmdale, CA 93551 United States

Buyer ID: jebus101
Shipping Address:
Tonia Cassella
608 Route 9W
Glenmont, NY 12077

Last edited by a moderator:
lol damn. I randomly look up the guys address in google, and I find this thread.

So will half.com listen to the dude if I used Paypal to print the label and marked the item as ship w/ the tracking number paypal gave me.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']
EDIT: I scanned the whole thread and compiled this list. Hopefully, this can be useful. Cheers. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for updating the list! I updated the OP and gave credit.

So what's up with the multiple addresses across the US?

How do they pickup something sent to Florida and California , if they're on opposite sides sides of the country? lol

And they're probably reselling their stolen games with some huge power seller account on ebay, no? :p

[quote name='ryuzx']I'm just letting you know that I got scammed by this guy too. I also let Half.com know about this thread, and your post in particular, when responding to their email.[/QUOTE]

Also a victim... I heading to this address myself to see what's going on...

[quote name='dntranceaddict']Damn. I just got charged back by this same exact guy for two PS3 games. I responded to the email with all the required information including the DC#. Are there any other measures I can take now or do I just have to wait for the outcome?[/QUOTE]

I got the same chargeback.

Well, he stole another account as he bought the same game they flagged before this morning:

taivang5s1j (25Feedback is 10 to 49)
Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
USA

The other 3 previously reported (Including Castor Troy) appear to be legit and me just being overly cautious.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I got hit with 3 sales today with no feedback (why? I do not know). They were not spaced out. 0 feedback concerns me so I'm in no rush to send:

Bonnie Williams
108 Quinn Dr.
Mount Olive, NC 28365
USA

Rachelle Heaton
11590 SW Lomita ave
Tigard, OR 97223
USA

caster troy
114 bavarian dr aprt D
middletown, OH 45044
USA

The flag is two games went the SAME day when I hadn't sold ANY in of that game in a long time. The "Caster Troy" name also doesn't help.

Further research shows that one joined today, one joined 2 weeks ago, and one joined February 2008. Random.[/QUOTE]

It currently appears all three of these are legit.

My e-mail to eBay:

"
I have recently received a number of fraudulent purchases through Half.com.

On August 30th, 2009 I sold a copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum for the Xbox 360 Transaction #44147326101 to Ebay Member dhua4976. The address listed was:
"Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
USA"

During Labor Day Weekend, I received an e-mail from Half.com Chargebacks that the item was reported as not received from the buyer's credit card company. There is no record of this communication between the seller and Half/Ebay located anywhere on the site. There is not even a notation on the listing itself.

Half/Ebay then, despite storing tracking information, requires the seller to provide additional information without a true alert when a chargeback occurs. The time limit given for response is also insufficient, given that the e-mail was sent during a weekend. What if I was on vacation or out of town?

I provided proof of Delivery with Delivery Confirmation (which is stored on Half’s own site under SHIPPING INFORMATION: 9101785091401171699342 ). The issue is still awaiting resolution.

Today, the same item (I had multiple copies listed) was sold to Member taivang5s1j, Transaction #45218462101. The buyer's address?

"Dennis Dwyer
11024 balboa blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
USA"

Not only does this prove the buyer previously received an item from me sold August 30th, 2009. It also seems to indicate that the accounts used to purchase these games are hacked accounts.

Ebay now prevents negative feedback on Sales through Half.com. There is no way for me to warn others selling on Half.com of these buyers who are out to cause harm to my ability to make a living.

Ebay's nonchalant attitude towards this fraud and their inability to protect sellers from cases like this is reckless. In over 3 weeks multiple chargebacks were created for items sent to the SAME address. Not only is the name and the case of the type the same, the fraud was committed by a person with a physical, non-PO Box address. Ebay’s sole source of income depends on sellers, like myself, to move items on their site. If the items are not sold, especially through Half, there is no money in the transaction for Ebay.

Mr. Dwyer is not the only known buyer who appears to be hacking inactive accounts. Over the course of the last several months I have been notified by Half.com on 5 separate occasions (all through covert e-mail with limited to no record on the site) to “not ship an item if (I) have not already”. Given the feedback system, the lack of seller support, and this recent occurrence I am seriously reconsidering my use of your site going forward.

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Concerned seller,
-Michael M. Langan II"

Just randomly noticed this thread, I can confirm that one of the "isolated" scammers isn't isolated.

Buyer ID: 94-sup
Shipping Address:
Bryan Morris
1570 Fourth street
Lewisport, KY 42351
USA

This guy bought something from me, I shipped (luckily with delivery confirmation), he received the item, and then did a chargeback.

Great.

Got screwed this morning by Dennis Dwyer of Granada Hills, CA. How can this clown keep getting away with this.

New ID is suprattmike with 265 pristine feedback.

What happens if I provide proof of shipping? I'll probably send half.com a long email like the user above that will fall on deaf ears.

ebay user: dhua4976

MILUSKA PEREZ
7122 MAMMOTH AVE
VAN NUYS, CA 91405
USA

hit my account last month for a purchase. Didn't see this thread until after it was too late and i had already sent off the package. Taking a glance though at the tracking i did purchase it with signature confirmation which oddly i don't remember doing. Gotten scammed before but on a much larger purchase so i hope it doesn't happen again here. But yeah anyhow just seen this person surfaced again their comments don't look too promising.

Count me in! I was scammed by dennis dwyer (suprattmike) as I received charge back today. I was also perplexed by all the positive feedback, yet the unorthodox charge back, and so quickly too as pkg. was sent on the 8th and half.com shipping guidelines provide a windows of delivery through the 26th of Sept.

I'm confused as to the method behind these crooks. if it's not suprattmike (or dennis per se) committing these acts and someone who changed the address, then how could it go on for so long? I mean... certainly, suprattmike or mr. dwyer knows what's going on by now right? and how many 'chargebacks' can a person do with a legitimate credit card? and if it's not a legitimate credit card, why are charges going through at all? shouldn't charge back be more immediate if the card has a fraud alert....

I saw some mention of contacting authorities... anybody live near granada hills, go to balboa blvd and make a visit? i'm inclined to call the local P.O. there as they are delivering a lot of pkgs (if feedback is any inclination) and it's obviously fraudulent... wonder what good that will do. I didn't do delivery conf. but after reading this thread today, I don't see how that really matter i.e. it's moot. half/ebay, who brokered this deal is responsible in terms of the financial transactional and it's obviously not question of whether a pkg. was delivered... in fact, the chargeback substantiates the pkg. was delivered, IMO.

So breach of contract on half/ebay's part, if they were inclined to take it to that level (hope not, but I'm full prepared to file a law suit). However, I really want these crooks to get nabbed!

By the way, P.O. number there is 818-838-0693. I've been unable to get someone on the phone there, but the postal delivery person should be cognizant of something suspicious going on by now. Best to call there I think and explain the suspicious activity from this address. Pkgs could be delivered improperly and the perp is just picking up the box off a doorstep or from an unlocked mail box.

I haven't received my dispute for this payment yet but judging by how often that address was mention here i figured I'd better be prepared for whats to come.

Got 2 questions for you all:

1) First off after selling the item, How long would you say it took you to finally get a filed chargeback ?

2) Since this is infact a dispute with half.com which uses my cc and not my paypal account. Who would i take this up with. Last time i got scammed it was through paypal so i handled it with them.

Funny thing you mention Dennis that was the name of the last person i got scammed from on a video game.

[quote name='ghofer']
ebay user: dhua4976

MILUSKA PEREZ
7122 MAMMOTH AVE
VAN NUYS, CA 91405
USA

hit my account last month for a purchase. Didn't see this thread until after it was too late and i had already sent off the package. Taking a glance though at the tracking i did purchase it with signature confirmation which oddly i don't remember doing. Gotten scammed before but on a much larger purchase so i hope it doesn't happen again here. But yeah anyhow just seen this person surfaced again their comments don't look too promising.[/QUOTE]

It looks like Dennis and Miluska are the same person. The DHUA4976 name was used by Dennis as well.

As a FYI, Google (yeah) shows that 11024 Balboa Blvd is a business address (it appears more or less like a strip mall). It's a private facility with no marquee. I contacted several of the businesses on the strip to get some further information.

As it turns out, the building changed ownership in the last month or so as well. I will report further information as I get it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']As a FYI, Google (yeah) shows that 11024 Balboa Blvd is a business address (it appears more or less like a strip mall). It's a private facility with no marquee. I contacted several of the businesses on the strip to get some further information.

As it turns out, the building changed ownership in the last month or so as well. I will report further information as I get it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting... I wonder if it's a snatch and grab. I've dealt with these types while working for a private consulting firm. They would simply steal the mail from a legitimate residence that never knew what hit them. OR if there's actually an operation running out of a business there.

Thanks for the info anyway. I look forward to learning what you find out. If I lived anywhere near this area, I'd definitely drive up to see what's going on, particularly when the mail man shows up. :bouncy:

van nuys and granada hills are right around the corner from one another - ~10mi.

Definitely the same person or group.

I encourage everyone to file a complaint here:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I had positive results filing through IC3 in 2004 when scammed by someone in Poland on a video card. They actually found the perp and FBI came by my home to follow up and ask some questions in case I was call upon to testify against the perp.

I think this bunch would be very easy to catch. Go to either of 2 addresses; wait for postal carrier w/ the boxes, :) Call 9-11.

[quote name='hakujins']van nuys and granada hills are right around the corner from one another - ~10mi.

Definitely the same person or group.[/QUOTE]

Correct. The Van Nuys address is also a business address. For the jeweler Joyeria Ela.

[quote name='hakujins']van nuys and granada hills are right around the corner from one another - ~10mi.

Definitely the same person or group.

I encourage everyone to file a complaint here:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I had positive results filing through IC3 in 2004 when scammed by someone in Poland on a video card. They actually found the perp and FBI came by my home to follow up and ask some questions in case I was call upon to testify against the perp.

Forget about half or eBay as they'll have likely have their heads up their butts for at least another few months and aren't interested in finding anyone, only keeping costs downa and net profit up.

I think this bunch would be very easy to catch. Go to either of 2 addresses; wait for postal carrier w/ the boxes, and bring a stun gun/handcuffs. :) Call 9-11.[/QUOTE]

This group would actually be far easier to catch than you'd think.

Miluska Perez appears to be using her real name. The address on record (7122 Mammoth Ave) also served tenants--- of which, Miluska Perez was one through June or July. Miluska is still in contact with the owners of Joyeria Ela, the Jewlery Store that apparently occupies the bulk of the building.

The owners/workers have been holding packages for Miluska for the course of the last month. They have already been contacted by FedEX as well as been advised how to refuse mail to a resident no longer at the address. They have been further advised to mark all mail "Refused - Return to sender" sent to Miluska Perez at the address.

There does not appear to be a clear dash & grab going on at the Mammoth address, just some really really really lazy follow through by any amount of authority figure.

awesome work MrNEWZ. So do you think Dennis is fictitious or this Miluska character? The jewelry story is Balboa addy I presume. Maybe she worked or knows somebody there or else why would that be holding packages (I'm asking under the presumption that you've already contacted the business)? Unless you're talking about Mammoth, but perp doesn't appear to be using that addy anymore (maybe cuz of the heat). So what do now w/ relation to Dennis aka Miluska at the Granada Hills addy?

PM me if you need help and/or can provide some detailed info and I'll help make calls. I see a bunch of businesses in that strip mall (off Google street map) but no jeweler.

BTW, half already responded and gave me the 'because you are a one time customer we are willing to waive as a courtesy blah-blah routine' - seems like they are lazy and don't care, despite all the additional aministrative overhead and loss these two addresses are likely causing them. I told them this:

On the Dennis front, the closest address I could locate is 321:

thanks, called a left a msg. I'm guessing a management company runs this mid rise. Any luck finding them and inquiring on the tenants of #323? I called two other businesses there; one no answer and another, the guy didn't know the number to the management group that runs the bldg. This mystery company should have the 'key' info to #323 (no pun intended).

This is getting interesting. I feel like Columbo.

strange balboa address on google maps doesn't show any midrise.

edit: don't get it. where's this midrise/multiple floors bldg on the aforementioned website? all I see is a strip mall on both sides and a century 21 a little further south.

The Balboa address is located in the Balboa/San Fernando Mission Shopping Center. Balboa/San Fernando Mission intersect. The building goes along the corner there. Previously, it the location was listed as a San Fernando Mission Blvd Address for the shopping plaza, but this has since changed in the last 2 years (the a local community group's meeting minutes seem to indicate this). The photo is also taken in 2007. I imagine it is all a single floor, but to be clear, the building is around the entire large corner section (the part without roads) seen on the map.

I have no doubt that Miluska Perez and Dennis Dywer are together. Given the names used (and the fact that they're continually used across multiple account and there is no change), I imagine they are both real people.

The address you mentioned in Van Nuys, CA is the one that was a jeweler. They also rented the building out to tenants, including Miluska Perez until June/July. She continued to have packages sent to that address through August. According to the girl working there that I spoke with, there were 5 packages she was still holding for Miluska that came in the last few days. Miluska had told the workers and owner that some packages may be coming after she left the location.

Given the other address information, the closest thing to a "perp" address I could find was for a store called Postal Plus. Postal Plus, like several others in the shopping center (or Plaza as I was told), listed no Suite Number. I gave them a call, hoping to find their suite number. As it turns out, Postal Plus does not have a mailing/suite number (according to the employee I spoke with, Stephanie). The owner of the company is a Mr. Bobby Singh. Bobby was out, but Stephanie expected he would be back within the next hour.

I am generally honest with the places I am calling when asking for information, even though some social engineering would also work.

Postal Plus can be reached at 818-366-0360 if someone wants to call between 7:30-8EST.

Another person worth contacting (and the closest physical address I could find) is:
Norris (Rashe) Dorsey
11024 Balboa Blvd., #328
Granada Hills, CA 91344

Norris runs a consulting firm at the 328 suite in the plaza and is kind enough to have his resume searchable throughout the interwebs. His consulting page does not list contact info, but his resume does:

Business Cell Phone (818) 402-5050
Home Phone (818) 831-9840, Office Fax (818) 363-6761

at what point should someone here contact the authorities and explain what we've found out thus far? i wouldn't want to get all this way, and see these two people (or more) tipped off.

it may seem like overkill but that internet fraud complain center like I posted would probably handle this, w/ the right information. Or the local municipality police.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The Balboa address is located in the Balboa/San Fernando Mission Shopping Center. Balboa/San Fernando Mission intersect. The building goes along the corner there. Previously, it the location was listed as a San Fernando Mission Blvd Address for the shopping plaza, but this has since changed in the last 2 years (the a local community group's meeting minutes seem to indicate this). The photo is also taken in 2007. I imagine it is all a single floor, but to be clear, the building is around the entire large corner section (the part without roads) seen on the map.

I have no doubt that Miluska Perez and Dennis Dywer are together. Given the names used (and the fact that they're continually used across multiple account and there is no change), I imagine they are both real people.

The address you mentioned in Van Nuys, CA is the one that was a jeweler. They also rented the building out to tenants, including Miluska Perez until June/July. She continued to have packages sent to that address through August. According to the girl working there that I spoke with, there were 5 packages she was still holding for Miluska that came in the last few days. Miluska had told the workers and owner that some packages may be coming after she left the location.

Given the other address information, the closest thing to a "perp" address I could find was for a store called Postal Plus. Postal Plus, like several others in the shopping center (or Plaza as I was told), listed no Suite Number. I gave them a call, hoping to find their suite number. As it turns out, Postal Plus does not have a mailing/suite number (according to the employee I spoke with, Stephanie). The owner of the company is a Mr. Bobby Singh. Bobby was out, but Stephanie expected he would be back within the next hour.

I am generally honest with the places I am calling when asking for information, even though some social engineering would also work.

Postal Plus can be reached at 818-366-0360 if someone wants to call between 7:30-8EST.

Another person worth contacting (and the closest physical address I could find) is:
Norris (Rashe) Dorsey
11024 Balboa Blvd., #328
Granada Hills, CA 91344

Norris runs a consulting firm at the 328 suite in the plaza and is kind enough to have his resume searchable throughout the interwebs. His consulting page does not list contact info, but his resume does:

Business Cell Phone (818) 402-5050
Home Phone (818) 831-9840, Office Fax (818) 363-6761[/QUOTE]

Update:
BINGO! It's a box at that postal store. -- #323 at least I strongly believe. They are the ONLY ones with that specific address. MrNewZ, would you (or anyone else) like to contact the local authorities there?

If any of you would like those who victimized you held responsible:

LAPD
10250 Etiwanda Ave
Northridge, CA 91325-1099
(818) 756-8285

is anyone contacting the police? or I3? Preferably someone in the area of the these people so that if a trip to fill out the report in person is necessary, you are there These a--holes are robbing more people as I type this and half is doing nothing about it and are treating it as a regular case of pkg not delivered/damaged. Absolutely asinine.

[quote name='hakujins']is anyone contacting the police? or I3? Preferably someone in the area of the these people so that if a trip to fill out the report in person is necessary, you are there These a--holes are robbing more people as I type this and half is doing nothing about it and are treating it as a regular case of pkg not delivered/damaged. Absolutely asinine.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the other side of the country.

I got hit again by suprattmike. I was going through my sales and noticed he had bought another of my items early last week. I didn't notice when I shipped it because of course, it was to a different address. Haven't gotten the chargeback yet but I expect to soon. I have delivery confirmation on this one though. About to send a long email to half.

Julio Leon
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

So there seems to possibly be ANOTHER person involved in this. This is of course, in the same area as Granada Hills.

Have you(or anyone) done the I3 thing? How exactly does that work?

As an aside, and after some googling, is this the same Dennis Dwyer arrested for ripping off FEMA in 94 after the earthquake? It's the same area again.

[quote name='hakujins']is anyone contacting the police? or I3? Preferably someone in the area of the these people so that if a trip to fill out the report in person is necessary, you are there These a--holes are robbing more people as I type this and half is doing nothing about it and are treating it as a regular case of pkg not delivered/damaged. Absolutely asinine.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the other side of the country.

I got hit again by suprattmike. I was going through my sales and noticed he had bought another of my items early last week. I didn't notice when I shipped it because of course, it was to a different address. Haven't gotten the chargeback yet but I expect to soon. I have delivery confirmation on this one though. About to send a long email to half.

Julio Leon
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

So there seems to possibly be ANOTHER person involved in this. This is of course, in the same area as Granada Hills.

Have you(or anyone) done the I3 thing? How exactly does that work?

As an aside, and after some googling, is this the same Dennis Dwyer arrested for ripping off FEMA in 94 after the earthquake? It's the same area again.
Well, it won't let me post links for some reason, but if you google "dennis dwyer fema" it's the 2nd result.

[quote name='62t']well it could be another person with the same name. Can you post the account?[/QUOTE]

Buyer: thagr81_us
Shipping Address:
AUTUMN NEWTON
44714 FENHOLD ST
LANCASTER, CA 93535
USA

The address is within an hour of all those other fraudulent CA sellers, so I assume this is yet another one of 'em.

Her feedback looks pretty normal to me. I dont see any scammer buying a bunch of cheap dvds. But wait a day or two to see if there is any changes.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Buyer: thagr81_us
Shipping Address:
AUTUMN NEWTON
44714 FENHOLD ST
LANCASTER, CA 93535
USA

The address is within an hour of all those other fraudulent CA sellers, so I assume this is yet another one of 'em.[/QUOTE]

This is a scammer address! Do not send it out. The OP has spoken.

Here is how I can tell:

I googled the username and it shows as a myspace (Male) user from South Carolina.

I then went to ebay and used the "find a member" search which shows the user ID being from "SC,United States".

OP has been updated.

[quote name='slowdive21']This is a scammer address! Do not send it out. The OP has spoken.

Here is how I can tell:

I googled the username and it shows as a myspace (Male) user from South Carolina.

I then went to ebay and used the "find a member" search which shows the user ID being from "SC,United States".

OP has been updated.[/QUOTE]

I, too, rand a Google search on his username last night, and it seems like he's a car buff from South Carolina, since it pulled up numerous forum posts regarding cars from various forums. Anyways, good find on the MySpace. I think I'll send him a message...

Edit: Got in contact with him! It's definitely not his address, and he has no idea who this person is. I told him to log in and check his order history, and of course, contact Half.com. This should be interesting...

Thanks for doing your research on my account and finding this... I have since called every account linked to my eBay account and have cancelled all of them (including my eBay account and contacted them via phone) or gave them a headsup incase they received anything confidential from myself through my account. If you guys find out what is up and who is doing this, let me know via PM as I will go take care of this personally.

Regards,

Calton Sparks

[quote name='thagr81_us']Thanks for doing your research on my account and finding this... I have since called every account linked to my eBay account and have cancelled all of them (including my eBay account and contacted them via phone) or gave them a headsup incase they received anything confidential from myself through my account. If you guys find out what is up and who is doing this, let me know via PM as I will go take care of this personally.

Regards,

Calton Sparks[/QUOTE]

Welcome! :D

I'm happy my apprehension payed off, though it's really unfortunate that this person got ahold of your account somehow in the first place. I wonder if contacting the Lancaster police department, where the package was to be sent, would yield any results? I so~ want to catch this person.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Welcome! :D

I'm happy my apprehension payed off, though it's really unfortunate that this person got ahold of your account somehow in the first place. I wonder if contacting the Lancaster police department, where the package was to be sent, would yield any results? I so~ want to catch this person.[/QUOTE]

Glad you did too. Also glad I wasn't actively buying anything on eBay at the time either. I spent my entire afternoon after my lunch break at work contacting each of the sellers one-by-one. Have stopped a few people to not ship the items, however some have already shipped. I advised them to stop the shipment by contacting their carrier. Hopefully they are able to get it sorted out. Apparently this person hit me for over 200 purchases through Half.com from yesterday to today. I now have my eBay account locked for deletion and have put a hold on my financial assets incase they were compromised in this. Been a SHITTY day to say the least... Thanks again for all of you guys figuring this out and for tracking me down to let me know. I owe you guys big time!

Regards,

Calton Sparks

Yeah, it definitely blows a big one... But the sad thing is, I have done all I can to protect the sellers, so I'm happy about that. Hopefully they listen to my warning and take my advice before the items are delivered. I didn't total everything up that was bought, but they went WAY over the max on my credit card and would have just about drained my checking account if they were to have used my information for these purchases, so I guess I'm lucky in that respect. But seriously, if you guys find out something about this or the perps, hit me up and I am BEYOND pissed about this... Thanks again.

-Calton Sparks (not Autumn...)

bread's done
Back