VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

[quote name='Estebon']I just sold a big ticket item on amazon. Any help with how to protect myself from amazon fraud? Which shipping company is perferred. Any help?[/QUOTE]

Fedex with direct signature and insurance is what I used for my PS3. My understanding is that is the best protection fedex offers. I know delivery confirmation is not good enough for amazon and they also require "tracking" (even though DC has tracking, it apparently is not good enough).

Yeah, its the Resident evil elite that came out. Got $500 smackers. The guy is a new account though (it says just launched by his name). So I am worried about him trying to screw me and want to protect myself.

I was thinking about using the USPS cause if he screws me, I can file a charge of mail fraud on his ass. I think he'd be scared to fuck with the government.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else thinks I should do something different or just wants to back up slowdive, I would appreciate it.

I use signature confirmation (or the equivalent for FedEx and UPS) for all items over $50, even if not required by EBay (Paypal requires it only on $250 or more). Too many scammers out there and I have had people say they never got a game when the DC number showed it as delivered. Almost always after they see I have the number, they back off but if I didn't have a number, I'm sure they would open up a claim to get their money back.

If I sold a $500 system, I would insure it and require a signature as slowdive said.

Anything of significant value I put signature confirmation and insurance on. The more "professional" you come off, the more the morons will back off before there is touble, and when you do have an issue, you have got plenty of paper work to back you up.

I also do signature confirmation and insurance on the pricier or rarer things.

A few years ago though, it almost backfired on me. A buyer was supremely pissed off that I included signature confirmation (it was mentioned in the listing and for free, too) as he said no one would be home to sign for it. He was my only buyer ever who actually likes it when the USPS leaves packages on their front porch. Well, someone must've been home because it was signed for and he gave me a positive in the end.

But, I still added him to my blocked bidders/buyers list. :lol:

New CA chargeback name
Eric Toch
1132 E17th st
Long Beach, CA 90813

Order Uncharted 2 expedieted. His ebay account is suspended, got the CB notice today.

I have about 20 items on ebay right now that will end in a few days. I will be sure to see if i can match up any addresses with the ones in this thread. I will also make sure i send it with DC so i can prevent chargebacks....Trust me, if ebay has to keep taking a loss on a transaction, they will do something about that.

I refuse to let ebay charge me back for something i wasn't at fault for.

Humm happening again. Got a TNS notice on this guy. The interesting thing is the user name is H7GRO10 and the guy I posted about 2 posts up was H7GRO7. Humm wanna bet the next name is H7GRO11? Different name and address though.

James Piatek
301 CHESHIRE DR APT 19
KNOXVILLE, TN 37919-5804

username 99turbogs
Greg Williamson 11024 Balboa Blvd # 323
s.gif
Granada hills, CA 91344

bought killzone 2 something about unauthorized charge, but I got proof of shipment, so half.com did not do a charge back.

Hit twice on Amazon:

Nino Chaisin
214 FRANKLIN ST APT 203
BLOOMFIELD, NJ 07003-4888

and

Sarah Allen
6780 RUSSELLVILLE RD
HOPKINSVILLE, KY 42240-8940

And how come this isn't Stickied?

I didn't find anything on the name, but the address is Hitgaming. Maybe this is just me getting fucked over.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WeaponX2099']
Sarah Allen
6780 RUSSELLVILLE RD
[/QUOTE]
what happened with this seller?

this seller actually buys and resells back to amazon since they are usually the ones that are featured.

[quote name='phear3d']what happened with this seller?

this seller actually buys and resells back to amazon since they are usually the ones that are featured.[/QUOTE]

As a buyer, they suck to me. Shipped out Beautiful Katamari to first time with Priority w/DC, claimed they never got it, said okay shipped out another copy same way. Claim they never got it, DC said delivered again. Called the Local PO, they told me if it got to them in KY, it got to them.

This just may be them not being through or someone there (it is a local game store in Kentucky) stealing, and I'm getting fucked over. Buy at your own risk. And thanks Spooge for the Stick.

Edit: Phear3d, are saying that it is Hitgaming?

Edit 2: It is Hitgaming. I think just got fucked over by the store.

Yes, Sarah Allen is HitGaming, or videogamesupply on eBay. I don't think she has any stock on hand, just buys from a different marketplace seller whenever something sells since she is always featured.

That's weird that it didn't arrive though, she has bought multiple items from me and they all arrived.

[quote name='darkslime']Yes, Sarah Allen is HitGaming, or videogamesupply on eBay. I don't think she has any stock on hand, just buys from a different marketplace seller whenever something sells since she is always featured.

That's weird that it didn't arrive though, she has bought multiple items from me and they all arrived.[/QUOTE]

That's why I think now that I just got randomly fucked over for $150 by the universe or just Kentucky.

EDITED (lolcat talk free)

Whoah This fucking bitch. It makes so much sense now. I did not know she was hit gaming / bought and resold shit because she is higher in viewer placement.

Sarah Allen
6780 RUSSELLVILLE RD

I sold this cunt multiple rare sealed/out of print games during the holiday season. Then prices would plummet after XMAS and the cunt returned the games to me after the holiday when I could of got top dollar from a legitimate customer (I am guessing she re-bought them for lower prices)

Yo fellow CAG Bros especially WeaponX2099, after going to the trouble of sending a second time, after their claims of not getting it *cough cough BS*. Get that MF'ing signature confirmation, SO fuckING worth it, scammers cannot lie about that shit. The name of the person has to show ID + sign for it or they have go down to the post office show ID and sign to get it if the postman tries to deliver and they are not present.

Seller homies: Anything that is costly or you have a suspicion of getting jacked make those buyers sign for it and get insurance (pass the cost onto them or take less profit to secure profit and no headaches/theft/scams), it is like $2.00 extra for Signature Conf. but saves u in the long run. They cannot bs not getting it, some fucks have actually filed a claim on me for not getting a package after the DC says they signed for it. :lol:

Good shit CAGs, keep posting shit like this. We need to be kept up on douches like this, I would not of known about Sarah/Hit until seeing this thread I randomly browsed, because I wondered what happened to all of phear3d great blog posts and stumbled on to here. :cool:

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Hit twice on Amazon:

Nino Chaisin
214 FRANKLIN ST APT 203
BLOOMFIELD, NJ 07003-4888

and

Sarah Allen
6780 RUSSELLVILLE RD

And how come this isn't Stickied?

I didn't find anything on the name, but the address is Hitgaming. Maybe this is just me getting fucked over.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phear3d']what happened with this seller?

this seller actually buys and resells back to amazon since they are usually the ones that are featured.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WeaponX2099']As a buyer, they suck to me. Shipped out Beautiful Katamari to first time with Priority w/DC, claimed they never got it, said okay shipped out another copy same way. Claim they never got it, DC said delivered again. Called the Local PO, they told me if it got to them in KY, it got to them.

This just may be them not being through or someone there (it is a local game store in Kentucky) stealing, and I'm getting fucked over. Buy at your own risk. And thanks Spooge for the Stick.

Edit 2: It is Hitgaming. I think just got fucked over by the store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='darkslime']Yes, Sarah Allen is HitGaming, or videogamesupply on eBay. I don't think she has any stock on hand, just buys from a different marketplace seller whenever something sells since she is always featured.

That's weird that it didn't arrive though, she has bought multiple items from me and they all arrived.[/QUOTE]

Humm never had problems with Hitgaming (Although my orders all come from Chris Allen not Sara) In fact I had two more from him today.

[quote name='kklems']Humm never had problems with Hitgaming (Although my orders all come from Chris Allen not Sara) In fact I had two more from him today.[/QUOTE]

I think the problems comes around when they are buying games from you, and then trying to resell them because they did not have it in stock. I do not see why they would mess up selling to regular buyers, they would get charged back if they failed to deliver.

muzras, do you purposefully type "teh" instead of "the?" It makes your posts annoying to read and you sound like a fucktard. Also, lolcats are not funny and never will be.

[quote name='muzras']I think teh problemz comes around when they are buying games from you, and then trying to resell them cuz they did not haz it in stock. I do not see why they would mess up selling cuz they would get charged back if they failed to deliver.[/QUOTE]

Please drop the shtick, especially in this thread. It's a headache to read.

[quote name='darkslime']muzras, do you purposefully type "teh" instead of "the?" It makes your posts annoying to read and you sound like a fucktard. Also, lolcats are not funny and never will be.[/QUOTE]

lol sorry. I cannot help it! Noted will try to tone it down, I am trying to fight mah inner lolcat.

darkslime is not a fan of using of teh, check.

edit: neither is kirin lemon

No more lolcat speak from me in this thread. I went back and edited the posts.

[quote name='thea1ia5']have a question....
went on ebay to look at ps3's and found some seller letting ps3's go on clearance for $199 (new slim model) looked at his profile and it seemed somewhat shady but also to good to be true. heres the auction page
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStatio...d=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item3cacc87a7c

please get back. cause if some of you see it as being totally legit i wanna purchase one. just dont wanna loose 200 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Really? Follow your gut instinct. You'll be thankful you made the right decision. Why would someone legitimately sell 3 brand new PS3s for $100 off?

On top of that the seller has 3 feedback. If that doesn't scream red flag to you, I'm not sure what else would.

That doesn't seem somewhat shady. It is simply beyond shady. Not only does the account have 3 feedback, but one of them is for buying some cheap piece of shit, an obvious attempt to get some feedback on the account.

Besides that, you only need to employ some common sense. There is absolutely no reason why anyone would sell a brand-new PS3 for $200 with free shipping. Let's just say for argument's sake that some small business or something has PS3s that they needed to "clear" out. They would list them for Craigslist for $200, and they would be gone within the day, without the hassle or further lost profits of dealing with eBay.

Its a scam plain and simple. It wont work though because the money will be placed on hold. And they wont be able to withdraw it before they start getting hit with disputes and negative feedback.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Let's just say for argument's sake that some small business or something has PS3s that they needed to "clear" out. They would list them for Craigslist for $200, and they would be gone within the day, without the hassle or further lost profits of dealing with eBay.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone uses craigslist...I find it to be a waste of time. Too many scammers, chance to get attacked, no recourse for non functioning items, users inability to read a simple posting, search function sucks ass, etc.

He sold 12 of them, 1 feedback as a seller, private listings too...But he is ID verified. That means ebay checked his info with equifax. Ahh Id verify is not showing on all pages, so he verified and then changed his information on ebay's end and they have not removed the icon completely.

[quote name='twicwborn']Its a scam plain and simple. It wont work though because the money will be placed on hold. And they wont be able to withdraw it before they start getting hit with disputes and negative feedback.[/QUOTE]

He would be able to pull some of the money before he got caught. 5-7 business days gives him 9 days on average. Not a good idea for buyer or seller though.

well thanks guys. i kept doing some diggin around to see if maybe i was over reacting, but i was looking at some of his other items he is supposedly selling. just needed a second opinion.

[quote name='slowdive21']Not everyone uses craigslist...I find it to be a waste of time. Too many scammers, chance to get attacked, no recourse for non functioning items, users inability to read a simple posting, search function sucks ass, etc.[/QUOTE]

The point of my post really had little at all to do with Craigslist, but the fact that a person could unload brand-new PS3s in a much quicker and more profitable fashion, if they actually had PS3s to sell.

He would be able to pull some of the money before he got caught. 5-7 business days gives him 9 days on average. Not a good idea for buyer or seller though.
eBay places holds of up to 21 days on certain transactions, including a lot of videogame-related stuff (recently sold a console, and a hold was placed on the transaction). The funds cannot be accessed before the 21 days is through, unless positive feedback is left or the package was delivered with delivery confirmation. Scammers like these will try to get money out by messaging the buyers and saying that if they leave feedback now, the shipment will be processed quicker.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The point of my post really had little at all to do with Craigslist, but the fact that a person could unload brand-new PS3s in a much quicker and more profitable fashion, if they actually had PS3s to sell. [/quote]

The point of my response was some people do not use CL. Basically saying just because an expensive item is sold on ebay (below retail), is not always a scam.

eBay places holds of up to 21 days on certain transactions, including a lot of videogame-related stuff (recently sold a console, and a hold was placed on the transaction). The funds cannot be accessed before the 21 days is through, unless positive feedback is left or the package was delivered with delivery confirmation. Scammers like these will try to get money out by messaging the buyers and saying that if they leave feedback now, the shipment will be processed quicker.

I sold a brand new PS3 a couple months ago and there was no hold on the funds. I transferred them the 1 day after the buyer sent payment.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']As a buyer, they suck to me. Shipped out Beautiful Katamari to first time with Priority w/DC, claimed they never got it, said okay shipped out another copy same way. Claim they never got it, DC said delivered again. Called the Local PO, they told me if it got to them in KY, it got to them.

Edit 2: It is Hitgaming. I think just got fucked over by the store.[/QUOTE]if you think they're selling your game, then you can contact the local law enforcement in their area.

[quote name='slowdive21']The point of my response was some people do not use CL. Basically saying just because an expensive item is sold on ebay (below retail), is not always a scam.[/QUOTE]

And some people don't use eBay. And some people don't use Amazon. Still don't get the point of your post or how it had anything to do with what I was saying. If for some really crazy odd reason, someone had a bunch of PS3s that they JUST had to rid themselves of, there would be much better ways than selling them on eBay for $200 shipped, where you'd end up with like $150 after shipping and fees.

There is also a difference between an item being sold below retail and something that is an obvious scam. A brand-new PS3 for $200 shipped, especially multiple units, is beyond an obvious scam. The only way the "seller" could make it more obvious is by putting "SCAM" in big, red letters.

I sold a brand new PS3 a couple months ago and there was no hold on the funds. I transferred them the 1 day after the buyer sent payment.
I am going to assume that you have a good enough history on eBay to avoid getting a hold placed. A newer account or one that hasn't had a lot of activity in the last year will most certainly have the hold put on a transaction like a PS3.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/securitycenter/sell/SaferPayments-outside

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']And some people don't use eBay. And some people don't use Amazon. Still don't get the point of your post or how it had anything to do with what I was saying. If for some really crazy odd reason, someone had a bunch of PS3s that they JUST had to rid themselves of, there would be much better ways than selling them on eBay for $200 shipped, where you'd end up with like $150 after shipping and fees.

There is also a difference between an item being sold below retail and something that is an obvious scam. A brand-new PS3 for $200 shipped, especially multiple units, is beyond an obvious scam. The only way the "seller" could make it more obvious is by putting "SCAM" in big, red letters.

[/QUOTE]
There are multiple venues to sell items. Not everyone knows about CL, amazon, half, etc. Using ebay as the venue does not increase or decrease the chance it will be a scam. Basing the validity of a seller on the venue selected is not a reliable way to detect fraud. I guess I should have written that out in the first place.

im a seller on Ebay and if there is one thing i could tell you.. ALWAYS get tracking numbers for all/every item shipped out.

i don't know what insurance half.com has, but Ebay is very very super cautious and fair when dealing with losses and theft.

but you MUST purchase the tracking numbers !

yes, you may have to eat the 70 cents..but what's 70 cents for insurance and peace of mind ?

[quote name='iwarboY']im a seller on Ebay and if there is one thing i could tell you.. ALWAYS get tracking numbers for all/every item shipped out.

i don't know what insurance half.com has, but Ebay is very very super cautious and fair when dealing with losses and theft.

but you MUST purchase the tracking numbers !

yes, you may have to eat the 70 cents..but what's 70 cents for insurance and peace of mind ?[/QUOTE]

does delivery confirmation count as the same as a tracking number? i heard reports of amazon not acknowledging DC as good enough proof of it being delivered even though it tracks the package through all the sorting facilities and says when the package is delivered.

[quote name='daladezman']does delivery confirmation count as the same as a tracking number? i heard reports of amazon not acknowledging DC as good enough proof of it being delivered even though it tracks the package through all the sorting facilities and says when the package is delivered.[/QUOTE]

Amazon requires signature confirmation, which is way too expensive to purchase for every package. This is especially after the huge amount of fees that Amazon eats up from your profit.

[quote name='daladezman']does delivery confirmation count as the same as a tracking number? i heard reports of amazon not acknowledging DC as good enough proof of it being delivered even though it tracks the package through all the sorting facilities and says when the package is delivered.[/QUOTE]

they are very similar, but ebay loves a tracking number..

they see your tracking number and they have ear to ear smiles lol

they honestly insure every package and any loss is money back, thanks to Paypal. online shopping without Paypal is russian roullette, only with ALOT more bullets.

Beware of deal-dude (Shawn Cowger) on Amazon.

He bought a DS game that I immediately shipped.

He then writes me almost 2 weeks after delivery claiming the game had not been received.
I immediately wrote him with all the delivery info.
He writes back the game was received but had damage to the cartridge and now wants an $8 credit for a $25 game (all aspects of the game were mint)...
or I can pay for return shipping and issue him 100% credit.

I then check his feedback and what do I find? this is a huge game seller with over 3000 current listings (Vs my couple dozen) ... and within those listings of his, guess what?? not ONE, but TWO used copies of the Exact game he bought and now claims has issues.
I call Amazon and they help me compose a response.
Well, I guess he does not like my detailed response and another week later, files an A-Z claim, posts a "1" feedback for me claiming in the feedback he did not receive the game (huh?) and that I never responded (huh?) ....

So Amazon is helping me to sort it out ... a supervisor is involved...

At first, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt at just being disorganized ... but now it feels like he has probably scammed more than one that just give him the undeserved credit he demands ... and the fact he flat out lied in my permanent feedback ...

Think twice before sending him anything.

Update 6/1
Man the saga continues... this SOB filed an A-Z claim for 100%! and it was granted but recently reversed (I spent quite a while on the phone with Amazon)
He is being investigated but note 2 other sellers wrote me he did the same thing to them! and he reseals used games and sells them as new!
all the way around ... not good.

To hell with thinking twice ... do not send anything to or buy anything from this guy ... 3051 N Timberfalls PL, Meridian, ID 83646-4508 I'm adding the addy as he does not live alone...

[quote name='donut']Beware of deal-dude (Shawn Cowger) on Amazon.

He then writes me almost 2 weeks after delivery claiming the game had not been received.
He writes back the game was received but had damage to the cartridge and now wants an $8 credit for a $25 game (all aspects of the game were mint)...

I then check his feedback and what do I find? this is a huge game seller with over 3000 current listings (Vs my couple dozen) ... and within those listings of his, guess what?? not ONE, but TWO used copies of the Exact game he bought and now claims has issues.
Well, I guess he does not like my detailed response and another week later, files an A-Z claim, posts a "1" feedback for me claiming in the feedback he did not receive the game (huh?) and that I never responded (huh?) ....

At first, I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt at just being disorganized ... but now it feels like he has probably scammed more than one that just give him the undeserved credit he demands ... and the fact he flat out lied in my permanent feedback ...

Think twice before sending him anything.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome that Amazon is actually showing some interest in the issue. As far as this case goes, the guy may have screwed himself with his inconsistency. First the game never arrived, and then it did but damaged and now it didn't again.

Another thing Amazon should do is compare the Delivery Information to the date/time the game was listed for sale.

That was close. I was planning to go some shopping from ebay and amazon. Somehow I had high faith on them. You did a wonderful job. Thanks.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Here is a portion of one of Deal-Dude's responses to negative feedback:

"...everyone out there please be honest, it does matter".

I just sold two items to the same buyer, but both are being shipping to a different address.

Thats cool and all but each address has this wierd thing after the persons name:

(wid#69247)

The other one is similiar. It has the wid# but a different number all together. So is this a scam or anyone know what the hell it's about?

Has anyone had a case of being scammed after having purchased insurance from the post office? The insurance is supposed to cover loss of package or damage--so if a scammer makes either of these claims wrongfully, does that help build a stronger case against them for mail fraud or what?

This is the kind of stuff that makes a person paranoid, and it's working. :whistle2:#

I don't know what to say to that Esteban, other than I hope you did some research and managed to figure it all out.

I would think so Indigo. If the person or people on the other end damaged the item themselves just to collect on the insurance, that is definitely mail fraud. The money doesn't come out of your pocket though right? It's the USPS who pays the insurance should something happen to the item.

A sad thing is that only a minimum of at least two minds know what happened to the item for sure, and even should anything be gotten away with the perp will still have to answer for it some day.

case+closed+nintendo+wii+game.jpg

Damn this sh*t is crazy. I just got a message from Half saying I just made a sale. Printed the shipping label and everything. Out of curiosity just to see where it was, i searched the address on google.

[quote name='phear3d']wwwsebcosebastien

[email protected]
sebastien cormier
5940 rte 138 ouest
havre-saint-pierre QC G0G 1P0
Canada

Files a claim a day after i shipped the game.[/QUOTE]

No longer a registered user. Looks like they exposed their scam by filing a claim so quickly after shipment.

[quote name='donut']Beware of deal-dude (Shawn Cowger) on Amazon.

Think twice before sending him anything.

Update 6/1
Man the saga continues... this SOB filed an A-Z claim for 100%! and it was granted but recently reversed (I spent quite a while on the phone with Amazon)
He is being investigated but note 2 other sellers wrote me he did the same thing to them! and he reseals used games and sells them as new!
all the way around ... not good.

To hell with thinking twice ... do not send anything to or buy anything from this guy ... 3051 N Timberfalls PL, Meridian, ID 83646-4508 I'm adding the addy as he does not live alone...[/QUOTE]

Shawn Cowger scammed me out of a Wii game in early April. Our stories are almost exactly the same. Amazon hasn't reversed the refund yet, but my complaint is still in the processing stages. If you search phrases like Amazon Buyer Fraud and Scamazon you'll see that this happens all the time. You basically can't cover yourself because Amazon says unless you have a signature from the buyer that they received the item, then you can't prove it was delivered. (yes a roomate, wife, child, etc doesn't count as buyers signature)....and of all things, the buyer chooses the shipping, so why should the seller go out of pocket to spend like $10+ on guaranteed shipping for an item that's around $20.

It's going to catch up to him...believe that.

bread's done
Back