VIDEOGAME SELLERS TARGETED FRAUD info on half.com / ebay/ amazon

Wow this thread made me really depressed, I usually just sell on amazon, didn't realize DC wasn't proof enough for them...thats going to change how I do business on there for sure. I usually attempt to find solid details on a person before I ship, this day and age most people have some sort of digital footprint. If nothing else I use people finder sites to make sure that the address and name match to a degree.

Guess I've always been paranoid with selling online. But oye this just really upsets me.

I feel no shame in finding the facebook page for people who purchase from me. :)

does this look like fraud to anyone? (Split second for $25 on ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ategory=139973&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

Great Price on a new game, free shipping, but seller just joined and created an Ebay account 15 days ago, and has a 0 rating. And also claims to have 20 items on sale for $25 each. If I was to purchase this, what type of protection would i have from Paypal? would they refund me back $25 if my item is never recieved.

[quote name='pinballwiz2002d']does this look like fraud to anyone? (Split second for $25 on ebay)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ategory=139973&_trkparms=algo=LVI&its=I&otn=2

Great Price on a new game, free shipping, but seller just joined and created an Ebay account 15 days ago, and has a 0 rating. And also claims to have 20 items on sale for $25 each. If I was to purchase this, what type of protection would i have from Paypal? would they refund me back $25 if my item is never recieved.[/QUOTE]
This is a common scam we see all the time. Best not to bother.

[quote name='Guerrilla']This is a common scam we see all the time. Best not to bother.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I hate temptation like this on such a great game. Dang, I really wanted this game for around this20 to 30ish dollars.

Looks like 6 people are taking there chances. I also noticed today, he just got his first negative review, so a -1 for him, but on a different product that "he did not honor to sell." So I guess I won't bother. :):):).

I'm adding this here just because it seems fishy, though it may not be a scam. I've never had it happen in all my years of using half.com though:

username : lavendarstar
Address:
CHRISTINA ADKINS
11800 N BRIARPATCH DRIVE
MIDLOTHIAN, VA 23113

This lady has a ton of feedback (196872 total, incl. 5600 for this month - all positive). I mailed the game and after 2 weeks I got a half.com message that simply said "item not received yet." Unfortunately, I did not put a tracking number on the package because it was worth under $10 - usually I never sell things if it's that low. Anyway, I promptly refunded the money and sent a message. No response. Within a week, the package comes back to me as "unclaimed" with 3 attempted delivery dates stamped on it and postage due. I sent another message, giving the buyer a heads up - so she would know her post office made an error - still no response. It seems like most people would have sent some kind of reply - either a thanks for letting me know, or sorry I didn't pick it up - something?

I got the game back, so no biggie, but it was still odd. I think she just decided she didn't want it and so refused to pick it up at the p.o. and said it was never delivered to get a refund. More annoyed by the waste of my time than anything else.

I can vouch for lavendarstar, i've bought repeatedly from her on ebay. As a seller, at least, she's been great; quick responses, items arrive fast in usually better than advertised.

[quote name='Tourista']I can vouch for lavendarstar, i've bought repeatedly from her on ebay. As a seller, at least, she's been great; quick responses, items arrive fast in usually better than advertised.[/QUOTE]

okay, thanks. I deleted my above post then. But I'll never buy or sell anything from/to her again. :whistle2:/

[quote name='imacjenn']okay, thanks. I deleted my above post then. But I'll never buy or sell anything from/to her again. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had a bad experience with her :/

I'd mail you popsicles or something to make you feel better, but in this heat you'd end up getting tiny individually bagged juices :( You could still build a fort out of the sticks if you've got glue though!

Wow! thank you for the info on Sarah Allen! :applause:
It appears she is doing the same thing as deal-dude (Shawn Cowger)
Damn, what are the chances with my couple dozen listings, both of these scammers choose me to buy from? lol

AMAZON

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donut']Wow! thank you for the info on Sarah Allen! :applause:
It appears she is doing the same thing as deal-dude (Shawn Cowger)
Damn, what are the chances with my couple dozen listings, both of these scammers choose me to buy from? lol :bomb:[/QUOTE] Through which site did they try to hit you?

Shoot, I'm hoping Slowdive can update the OP with the last year's worth of scammers/problem buyers/sellers.

I'm always trying to "vett" people via this thread, along with google. But what do you all usually search for - just their name, or name + address? I search this thread for the zip code, street name, and the name usually...

The stories on here make me not want to sell on Amazon ever. Of course, I bought something through one of their resellers and complained that it wasn't the version I ordered, and instead of sending me the right version Amazon gave me a refund and let me keep it for free! I felt really bad about it until I found out on CAG that this seller likes to sell used items as new.

In all my years of selling on Half and eBay, for the longest time I never used delivery confirmation or anything like that, and have never had a problem. Only one person person gave me negative feedback for not receiving his item, but he never contacted me about it and I wonder if someone stole it or the post office lost it.

I might've been scammed by one lady who bought a cheap NES game from me and left me feedback without having received the game. So I sent her another game but she didn't claim that one to be lost.

One person who bought an item from Half from me claimed to have never received the item, but when I mentioned the delivery confirmation number to her and asked if she wanted the USPS to look into it, I never heard back.

[quote name='Tourista']I can vouch for lavendarstar, i've bought repeatedly from her on ebay. As a seller, at least, she's been great; quick responses, items arrive fast in usually better than advertised.[/QUOTE]

I've never bought from lavendarstar, but that account has bought from me a few times, all to different names and addresses. I'm guessing it's sort of like an eBay broker site for people who don't know how to use the internet?

To echo previous statements, selling on amazon is a very risky proposal. I've sold quite a few game via ebay/half/craigslist, and never had a problem of orders not received. Ever. Within the first month I ran into Denise. Here is his/her shipping address, and I would advise any seller on amazon to NEVER accept her orders.

Denise Shacht
19 BRIGHTON AVE APT D
BELLEVILLE, NEW JERSEY 07109-4205

Basically, I sold her a game and didn't use delivery confirmation. At the time, I didn't think it was necessary because of my experiences on other sites. Wrong. She claimed she didn't receive the game, and I'm out $15. She had made this same claim three times within one month against three separate sellers, and I figured that amazon would do something to mitigate fraud. Wrong again. Though I had a receipt, messages from the other two sellers, and her own track record, the a-z claim lasted 2 days before they ruled against me, and I gave my first refund in over 100 video game sales. Since then, out of 7 feedback left, 5 is negative, and her account is still active - ripping people off all the while.

Side note: Though I do use delivery confirmation now, I've still never had another claim of orders not received through ebay or any other online marketplace.

[quote name='Rozz']Amazon requires signature confirmation, which is way too expensive to purchase for every package. This is especially after the huge amount of fees that Amazon eats up from your profit.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly true, as I have confirmed with amazon's customer service department. A buyer can claim someone stole the package from their door/mailbox and you are still liable for the cost of the item(s) sold. You end up with $2.35 you'll spend on signature confirmation (not able to be factored into your shipping rates) and 2.34 you'll pay in closing fees and per-item fees, AND 15% commission (with no ceiling where the commission lowers in percentage). How you can consistently make decent money on amazon is beyond me.

Also, it is against policy to sell a disc only/no manual/non-complete game under the normal listing of the game. No one pays attention to it, but someone could easily file claims against those sellers, win and get a refund, and never send the game back to the seller.

[quote name='Ichabodplain']
Also, it is against policy to sell a disc only/no manual/non-complete game under the normal listing of the game. No one pays attention to it, but someone could easily file claims against those sellers, win and get a refund, and never send the game back to the seller.[/QUOTE]

Where did you read this? According to the item condition guidelines:
Video Games
The sale of some items in our Computer & Video Games store is restricted to pre-approved sellers only. Learn more about pre-approved selling.

• New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.
  • Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift.
  • Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged.
  • Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
  • Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item.
  • Unacceptable: Video games that are not playable or are incomplete, including shareware and freeware versions, are unacceptable, as are games not published by the original manufacturer, including recopied media in any form. Promotional media is prohibited for sale through Amazon Marketplace as well. Additionally, video games in which essential accompanying material is missing (this does not necessarily include the box or instructions) are not permitted.

If it's missing stuff, it must be listed as "Acceptable," and it must be noted in the description.

Hi folks. I found this thread when I googled Denise Schacht's address. Just wanted to add my confirmation -- fraud all the way. She got me a few weeks ago. I am an Amazon seller.

I also recently got a non-arrival inquiry from from a second New Jersey address, just a few miles from hers. Not sure if they are connected, but I thought it would be worth posting just in case. Early detection helps future sellers.

Adrienne Denese
26 CAROL DR
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ 07632-2326

My advice - if possible make people file a claim. It is my understanding that Amazon only allows 5 per account. And they have ways of linking fraudulent accounts. So if enough of us complain and leave a trail instead of just refunding, she and others like her will be stopped.

I have never used DC -- over 2000 orders and only one other non-delivery claim (I think that one was legit). That's $1400 in my pocket (I won't use paypal, hate it on principle). Even if I have to eat a couple a year I still come out ahead. I have had a pretty good amazon experience until this pain in the ass found me...

Good luck in your sales and in dealing with crap like this. Very helpful thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I don't know. I just decided to jump into Amazon awhile ago, and have done pretty well. Had about 45 sales in the last few weeks, but got the dreaded account review notice from them about 2 weeks ago. Therefore, I have not been able to withdraw one cent of my sales income (over $1600, and that's minus all of their 'fees').

I just did a bunch of research today, and have found so many sites and message boards, it's almost scared me off of Amazon all together. I was enticed by the fast sales compared to eBay, but now I have no cash to show for it.

I have had either delivery confirmation or sig. confirmation on every package, and have not had any negative's or chargebacks, but I still haven't seen one dollar; keep in mind that means that I've had to pony up for the shipping on nearly 50 packages.

This, combined with the knowledge of all the scammer buyers, and how Amazon really caters to them has totally got me spooked. All I'm waiting for now is the even more-dreaded 90 day hold on my funds.

Say what you want about eBay, but they give you the money you are paid right up front. It's your responsibility as an honest vendor to get the item out in a timely fashion. Don't get me wrong, I know there are scam buyers on eBay as well, but at least they have to pony up some money first. The Scammers on Amazon can get you without speding a penny!

[quote name='sgaldis']Wow, I don't know. I just decided to jump into Amazon awhile ago, and have done pretty well. Had about 45 sales in the last few weeks, but got the dreaded account review notice from them about 2 weeks ago. Therefore, I have not been able to withdraw one cent of my sales income (over $1600, and that's minus all of their 'fees').

I just did a bunch of research today, and have found so many sites and message boards, it's almost scared me off of Amazon all together. I was enticed by the fast sales compared to eBay, but now I have no cash to show for it.

I have had either delivery confirmation or sig. confirmation on every package, and have not had any negative's or chargebacks, but I still haven't seen one dollar; keep in mind that means that I've had to pony up for the shipping on nearly 50 packages.

This, combined with the knowledge of all the scammer buyers, and how Amazon really caters to them has totally got me spooked. All I'm waiting for now is the even more-dreaded 90 day hold on my funds.

Say what you want about eBay, but they give you the money you are paid right up front. It's your responsibility as an honest vendor to get the item out in a timely fashion. Don't get me wrong, I know there are scam buyers on eBay as well, but at least they have to pony up some money first. The Scammers on Amazon can get you without speding a penny![/QUOTE]

That's a good chunk of change to have in limbo. It sort of sucks that places like amazon and ebay have ways of punishing successful sellers; I've heard those stories too about funds getting locked down so I make sure to get the money in my bank account from paypal or amazon before it becomes anything too substantial. If they do hit you with a 90 day hold it's almost worthwhile threatening them with small claims court; that might change their tune.

This isn't video game related, but is there any course of action that you can take against someone who flat out lies and says what you sold him/her is a bootleg? You don't have the item anymore, it's in their hands now. For all I know, they also have a bootleg copy and will claim that's what was sold to them.

This isn't video game related, but is there any course of action that you can take against someone who flat out lies and says what you sold him/her is a bootleg? You don't have the item anymore, it's in their hands now. For all I know, they also have a bootleg copy and will claim that's what was sold to them. Or he's such an idiot he doesn't understand when titles get re-released in thinner cases.

This isn't video game related, but is there any course of action that you can take against someone who flat out lies and says what you sold him/her is a bootleg? You don't have the item anymore, it's in their hands now. For all I know, he has a bootleg copy and will claim that's what was sold to him. Or he's such an idiot he doesn't understand when titles get re-released in thinner cases.

He wants to give me negative feedback but he's not trying to get his money back, so I'm not sure what his game is here. If he gives me negative feedback, I'll post his Ebay account on here.

You could take a picture of the disc before shipping it out, or at least write down a lot of the little details like the serial number, etc. Another thing you could do is "brand" the disc with a small identifying mark in permanent marker. That way if they try reselling it on amazon or ebay there'll be some way for the (secondary) buyer to identify that it came from you.

I've had a few problems on eBay recently...

I.E. Selling a game that I played not even 24 hours before sending out... buyer tells me game is damaged and does not work. I say send back for a replacement/refund. Get the game back and one of 2 things is the case; 1) game is mint and buyer changed mind for no reason or 2) game looks like shit and was obviously broken by buyer or swapped out for a bad copy.

Between this, and the fact that 10% of my sales now are by deadbeat bidders, eBay is looking worse & worse every day.

Sure, the 'bay has it's problems, but to me it's starting to feel like a safe haven after the experience I've had with Amazon. eBay has never done anything close to holding over $1600 of my hard-earned money with no real explanation...

Between the deadbeat/scamming buyers, Fleabay, PayAlot, and Scamazon, where does an honest seller go??

I've never had any issues with Half.com, although since they only ask the buyer for media mail costs, selling the bigger heavy stuff (consoles and large game accessories and whatnot) is a serious gamble since video games technically aren't media mail and the post office has the right to search large shipments to make sure you're not trying to rip them off.

Here goes another on Scamazon:

John T. Bowman
724 Greentree Circle Apt. #202
Chesapeake, VA 23320

Claims the brand new PSP game i sent him with a 1" slit on the side 'contained no disc'. I purchased this came from deep within a display case at Wal Mart. Bought about 10 other copies of the same game from the same place, and no funny business.

As per Amazon's policies, I'm basically fucked right now. He gets to steal the game, and I'm out the money, the end.

When/if I ever get my money back from Scamazon, I am going to pull some of these fast ones on the likes of HitGaming and some of Scamazon's other favorite merchants. I suggest you guys all do the same...at least get something back from the scammers.

If you file an AtoZ claim, Scamazon sides with the buyer, almost blindly.

[quote name='rp71284']I've had a few problems on eBay recently...

I.E. Selling a game that I played not even 24 hours before sending out... buyer tells me game is damaged and does not work. I say send back for a replacement/refund. Get the game back and one of 2 things is the case; 1) game is mint and buyer changed mind for no reason or 2) game looks like shit and was obviously broken by buyer or swapped out for a bad copy.

Between this, and the fact that 10% of my sales now are by deadbeat bidders, eBay is looking worse & worse every day.[/QUOTE]

You insure that shit so that the buyer is essentially claiming that their item was damaged in the mail. That way they're committing fraud against the post office instead of you. :cool:

[quote name='sgaldis']Here goes another on Scamazon:

John T. Bowman
Chesapeake, VA 23320

Claims the brand new PSP game i sent him with a 1" slit on the side 'contained no disc'. I purchased this came from deep within a display case at Wal Mart. Bought about 10 other copies of the same game from the same place, and no funny business.

As per Amazon's policies, I'm basically fucked right now. He gets to steal the game, and I'm out the money, the end.

When/if I ever get my money back from Scamazon, I am going to pull some of these fast ones on the likes of HitGaming and some of Scamazon's other favorite merchants. I suggest you guys all do the same...at least get something back from the scammers.

If you file an AtoZ claim, Scamazon sides with the buyer, almost blindly.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that he really is scamming? I have purchased a factory sealed PS2 game from SEARS before (it had y-folds, Sony seal and everything) and yet it was missing the disc. If it came from the factory that way it doesn't matter how far in the glass case it was at Wal-Mart. Sometimes factory sealed games are missing the discs, as it has happened to me and there have been threads about it from other legit CAGs.

[quote name='slowdive21']Hey all. I have been offline for a week or so. If someone could consolidate the info, I can update the OP. TIA[/QUOTE]

Here you go. Here's a complete overhaul from most frequent offenders to isolated incidents. Hopefully, this info will assist fellow CAGs in the future. Cheers!

Confirmed SCAM addresses on Half.com / eBay / Amazon (sellers beware!) [ UPDATED 8/23/10 ]

Buyer ID: thagr81_us + other aliases
Shipping Address:
AUTUMN NEWTON
44714 Fenhold St
Lancaster, CA 93535
or
7934 Woodman Ave #15
Panorama City, CA 91402

Buyer ID: dhua4976 / pleasurechest714 / 93.5suprat / 99turbogs + other hacked accts
Shipping Address:
DENNIS DWYER / D DWYER / MILUSKA PEREZ / ANA SMITH / GREG WILLIAMSON
11024 Balboa Blvd #323
Granada Hills, CA 91344
or
7122 Mammoth Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91405
or
2004 14th Street Ct W
Palmetto, FL 34221

Buyer ID(s): Many aliases & hacked accts...just DON'T SHIP to
Shipping Address:
CRYSTAL TURNER / C TURNER / C Y TURNER
13554 Cantlay St APT 4
Van Nuys, CA 91405
or
14728 Gilmore St #7
Van Nuys, CA 91411

Buyer ID: 94-sup
Shipping Address:
BRYAN MORRIS
1570 Fourth street
Lewisport, KY 42351

Buyer ID(s): skeller968 / tinblessing8 / aznbruin / creep86er / turbotalonpsi / ctgeorge99 / alvaa01 / carlachicago / dyh888 / starpumaa
Shipping Address:
TAMMY ROY / T EDWARDS / JECK MAIN / JEN PEACE / K WEBB
618 Pear Street
Carterville, IL 62918
or
6277 4th Street
Benton, IL 62812

Buyer ID: suprafly01 / parkballer54 + other hacked accts
Shipping Address:
J GARCIA / J LEON / JULIO LEON
2565 Ohio Ave
South Gate, CA 90280

Buyer ID: psychox
Shipping Address:
PIPER HOLLOWAY
4413 FM 16 W
Tyler, TX 75706

Buyer ID: HitGaming / videogamesupply
Shipping Address:
SARAH ALLEN
6780 Russellville Rd
Hopskinville, KY 42240-8940

Buyer ID: deal-dude
Shipping Address:
SHAWN COWGER
3051 N Timberfalls PL
Meridian, ID 83646-4508

Buyer ID: cynbar768849
Shipping Address:
CYNTHIA BARNETT
9401 S. Van Ness Avenue
Inglewood, CA 90305

ONEAL HAMILTON
1050 N Summit Ave #4
Pasadena, CA 91103

Buyer ID: tonybestbuy
Shipping Address:
ANTHONY VECCHIO
P.O. Box 1643
La Fayette GA 30728
or
1401 N. Main St.
La Fayette, GA 30728-6435

Buyer ID: Distribution-MM enregistre / bernylesalopard ([email protected])
Shipping Address:
MATHIEU BENOIT
224 Galipeau
Saint-jean-sur-richelieu QC
J3B8K3 Canada

Buyer ID: wwwsebcosebastien ([email protected])
Shipping Address:
SEBASTIEN CORMIER
5940 rte 138 ouest
havre-saint-pierre QC
G0G 1P0 Canada

DENISE SHACHT
19 Brighton Ave APT D
Belleville, NJ 07109-4205

ADRIENNE DENESE
26 Carol Dr
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632-2326

These were also reported, but they may have been isolated cases:

JOHN T. BOWMAN
Chesapeake, VA 23320

NINO CHIASIN
214 Franklin St APT 203
Bloomfield, NJ 07003-4888

Buyer ID: H7GRO10 / H7GRO7
Shipping Address:
JAMES PIATEK
301 Cheshire Dr APT 19
Knoxville, TN 37919-5804
or
ERIC TOCH
1132 E17th St
Long Beach, CA 90813

Buyer ID: vivianne kateregga ([email protected])
Kyle Smetana
1691 Praireview Ln.
Greenfield, IN 46140-7542

Buyer ID(s): zdongtracz22 / wildcat33t
Shipping Address:
THERESA A. CANO
9001 N. 39th Dr.
Phoenix, AZ, 85051

NEIL GORDON
14 Bailey Dr. SW
Lilburn, GA 30047

Buyer ID: bestthings772
Shipping Address:
MICHAEL CURRIE
424 Pine Road
West Palm Beach, FL 33409

NICK V FLEMING
2320 Bank St
Bakersfield, CA 93304

JERMANE PINSON

Buyer ID: jifferz
Shipping Address: in CT

Shipping Address: ????
147-29-182nd Street
Springfield Gardens, New York 11413

Buyer ID: graphicbreakdown ([email protected])
Shipping Address:
TIMOTHY WAPNER
5545 Pine Ave
Palmdale, CA 93551

Buyer ID: jebus101
Shipping Address:
TONIA CASSELLA
608 Route 9W
Glenmont, NY 12077

LAZARO MARTINEZ
3310 10th St
Spearfish, SD 57783

FYI, here is the eBay account name of another one of Hitgaming's video game buyers, justabuyerhg. Surprise, surprise, he has the same address as Ms. Sarah Allen (who I'm sure quite a few of you are familiar with through the River):

Chris William
6780 Russellville Rd
Hopkinsville KY 42240

If you search for that address online, you can easily find that is the location for hitgaming (amazon name)/videogamsupply (eBay name). Now PLEASE understand, I am not saying that either he or Sarah Allen have personally scammed me (yet), heck this guy has 100% feedback (although that doesn't mean too much, since he only buys). I have heard some problems others have reported with Ms. Allen in this thread, but I believe that they didn't have any type of tracking to document the transaction. I just make sure that anything that goes to this address is loaded with signature confirmation, insurance, etc...and I make sure to tell them so, and I've never had a problem. These guys are too big to want to mess with insurance claims, etc..., but I wouldn't put them above swiping a game that showed up with no DC or tracking.

I just wanted you guys to be aware that you might have another company trying to buy out your inventory. It's not such a big deal on eBay, where if you've priced your item properly, you're getting your asking price. They will pay top dollar for colectible stuff sometimes, simply because their increased search exposure on both sites lets them put astronomical prices on things.

Where they will really get you is on Amazon. If you get engaged in one of the 'penny wars' that people get into quite frequently there, these guys will swoop in and buy your stuff when it's value really deflates. I have no doubt that they have smaller account holders who will $$$$le the price of something down to way less than it's worth, then swoop in and buy it when your price lowers.

BEWARE!

It's not such a big deal on eBay, if you have priced your item properly, then they are buying it at your asking price.

Name and address removed by request.

I'd like to shout out a warning to any CAGs who get an order from this chick on Amazon. She left me a neutral feedback which detailed a sequence of events that never happened (customer service contact, me issuing a refund, etc.). I get the vibe that she's one of those types who bullies with bad feedback in order to hook herself free games. Beware.

Edit: It would appear that this was a false alarm.

Last edited:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Susan M. Erlichman
38 Dunkirk Road
Baltimore, MD 21212

I'd like to shout out a warning to any CAGs who get an order from this chick on Amazon. She left me a neutral feedback which detailed a sequence of events that never happened (customer service contact, me issuing a refund, etc.). I get the vibe that she's one of those types who bullies with bad feedback in order to hook herself free games. Beware.[/QUOTE]

The irritating part is that hardly anyone leaves feedback on Amazon and anytime someone is irate over something (or flat out leaves you incorrect feedback as in this case) that's when you'll get feedback left.

I've been left incorrect feedback my accident before, but at least now you can personally request to have them change the feedback at least if it really was an accident.

One of my buyers left me a neutral saying that I took 3 weeks to ship even though I shipped it out the following day and it arrived three days later.

I messaged him and he said that was meant for another seller and he was leaving like 10 feedbacks at the same time, so he got them confused.

I sent him a request to change feedback and problem solved.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but you never know. Sometimes it really is an accident, but unfortunately you can't initiate request to change feedback unless the seller initiates it first.

[quote name='Squarehard']I've been left incorrect feedback my accident before, but at least now you can personally request to have them change the feedback at least if it really was an accident.

One of my buyers left me a neutral saying that I took 3 weeks to ship even though I shipped it out the following day and it arrived three days later.

I messaged him and he said that was meant for another seller and he was leaving like 10 feedbacks at the same time, so he got them confused.

I sent him a request to change feedback and problem solved.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but you never know. Sometimes it really is an accident, but unfortunately you can't initiate request to change feedback unless the seller initiates it first.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I guess there is the slim possibility of an accident, so I might as well try this. Worst case scenario I'll know for sure that they were trying to pull a scam :bomb:

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']
Name and address removed by request.

I'd like to shout out a warning to any CAGs who get an order from this chick on Amazon. She left me a neutral feedback which detailed a sequence of events that never happened (customer service contact, me issuing a refund, etc.). I get the vibe that she's one of those types who bullies with bad feedback in order to hook herself free games. Beware.[/QUOTE]

Okay, as an update I contacted this lady and she removed the feedback, saying it was intended for a different seller. Good thing some cool-headed CAGs were here or I might still be fuming over some bad feedback.

Last edited:
[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Okay, as an update I contacted this lady and she removed the feedback, saying it was intended for a different seller. Good thing some cool-headed CAGs were here or I might still be fuming over some bad feedback.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear everything worked out.

Although there the eBay/Amazon community seem to have changed since awhile back when I started up on eBay/Amazon, I still do my best to give them the benefit of the doubt, especially if I know nothing went wrong.

There can be a lot of jerks out there, but there are also a lot of people who do make mistakes once in awhile. Nobody's perfect ;P

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Okay, as an update I contacted this lady and she removed the feedback, saying it was intended for a different seller. Good thing some cool-headed CAGs were here or I might still be fuming over some bad feedback.[/QUOTE]

Ok, just gotta say, you gotta remove and delete the name if it's a mistake.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Ok, just gotta say, you gotta remove and delete the name if it's a mistake.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Well I just got scammed on ebay. From a member that just joined. No contact no dispute no nothing straight up chargeback as soon as package was received . Paypal won't let me see her address.

[quote name='sgaldis']FYI, here is the eBay account name of another one of Hitgaming's video game buyers, justabuyerhg. Surprise, surprise, he has the same address as Ms. Sarah Allen (who I'm sure quite a few of you are familiar with through the River):

Chris William
6780 Russellville Rd
Hopkinsville KY 42240

If you search for that address online, you can easily find that is the location for hitgaming (amazon name)/videogamsupply (eBay name). Now PLEASE understand, I am not saying that either he or Sarah Allen have personally scammed me (yet), heck this guy has 100% feedback (although that doesn't mean too much, since he only buys). I have heard some problems others have reported with Ms. Allen in this thread, but I believe that they didn't have any type of tracking to document the transaction. I just make sure that anything that goes to this address is loaded with signature confirmation, insurance, etc...and I make sure to tell them so, and I've never had a problem. These guys are too big to want to mess with insurance claims, etc..., but I wouldn't put them above swiping a game that showed up with no DC or tracking.

I just wanted you guys to be aware that you might have another company trying to buy out your inventory. It's not such a big deal on eBay, where if you've priced your item properly, you're getting your asking price. They will pay top dollar for colectible stuff sometimes, simply because their increased search exposure on both sites lets them put astronomical prices on things.

Where they will really get you is on Amazon. If you get engaged in one of the 'penny wars' that people get into quite frequently there, these guys will swoop in and buy your stuff when it's value really deflates. I have no doubt that they have smaller account holders who will $$$$le the price of something down to way less than it's worth, then swoop in and buy it when your price lowers.

BEWARE!

It's not such a big deal on eBay, if you have priced your item properly, then they are buying it at your asking price.[/QUOTE]

I have had no problems with this buyer. He has bought a lot of rare/oop stuff from me and I have never had a problem. I would not hesitate to ship to him if you are accurately listing your items and pay $.17 for DC or free DC when shipping Priority.

I am so glad you posted this. I was suspicious about an Amazon customer that I have problem swith and found this. I wish I had seen it sooner. I have also been scammed by these same people. 8 orders from Amazon shipped to Val/Mitchell Shacht, 19 Brighton Ave, Belleville, NJ and 13 Municipal Plaze Bloomfield, NJ. The orders that I put tracking, every one got damaged and they wanted a refund. The orders that didn't have tracking-miraculously none were received. I am out a lot of money and I complained to Amazon but they have not responded. And to kick a guy when he's down they leave me negative feedbacks for every order too.

[quote name='Collectorscardsandga']I am so glad you posted this. I was suspicious about an Amazon customer that I have problem swith and found this. I wish I had seen it sooner. I have also been scammed by these same people. 8 orders from Amazon shipped to Val/Mitchell Shacht, 19 Brighton Ave, Belleville, NJ and 13 Municipal Plaze Bloomfield, NJ. The orders that I put tracking, every one got damaged and they wanted a refund. The orders that didn't have tracking-miraculously none were received. I am out a lot of money and I complained to Amazon but they have not responded. And to kick a guy when he's down they leave me negative feedbacks for every order too.[/QUOTE]

If these are Amazon sells, you can leave him negative feedback on each one of the transactions. Do it and explain what he did. I did this on the piece of %^%&% Shawn Cowger and discovered other sellers (who wrote me about the same scam) We all then contacted Amazon.

[quote name='donut']If these are Amazon sells, you can leave him negative feedback on each one of the transactions. Do it and explain what he did. I did this on the piece of %^%&% Shawn Cowger and discovered other sellers (who wrote me about the same scam) We all then contacted Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this scammer is a buyer so leaving feedback isn't particularly helpful. Check out Denise Shacht's buyer feedback here. It's amazing that Amazon sides with the buyer so much that they're allowed to just open multiple accounts, continously file A-Z claims, and get away with it. Also, as a final blow, Denise (and I'm sure the other Shacht's as well) leave negative feedback for everyone they scam. Totally broken system for scamming buyers to take advantage of.

By the way, the scam address provided for 13 Municipal Plaze Bloomfield, NJ is the address of the Bloomfield, NJ post office... If it wasn't a PO Box address then it's the post office directly.

Also, did Amazon rule in your favor on Deal-Dude?

[quote name='Rozz']Unfortunately this scammer is a buyer so leaving feedback isn't particularly helpful. Check out Denise Shacht's buyer feedback here. It's amazing that Amazon sides with the buyer so much that they're allowed to just open multiple accounts, continously file A-Z claims, and get away with it. Also, as a final blow, Denise (and I'm sure the other Shacht's as well) leave negative feedback for everyone they scam. Totally broken system for scamming buyers to take advantage of.

By the way, the scam address provided for 13 Municipal Plaze Bloomfield, NJ is the address of the Bloomfield, NJ post office... If it wasn't a PO Box address then it's the post office directly.

Also, did Amazon rule in your favor on Deal-Dude?[/QUOTE]

Yes they did but damn it was a fight.
I think they gave him his undo funds back AND reimbursed me.
BUT even though they had written proof from HIM that the item was received and I responded within hours to all of his BS, they would not delete his negative feedback to me (he left his first).
At the time this happened (a few months ago) Amazon had taken away the ability of a seller agent to delete unjust feedback and given it to a new department. Even though he lied in the feedback (again proven by what he wrote to me through Amazon) it did not meet the one of only three criteria guidelines the new department was allowed to work under.
I write all this as it is possible to be a pain in the ass and keep asking for a supervisor to resolve some issues, I guess (LOL) I was just worn out fighting for my $$ back that I lost some steam to fight the feedback issue.

I have an interesting one. One of HitGaming's alternate accounts tried buying a game listing of mine. I recognized it and canceled it within an hour of purchase.

Six days later, another buyer bought the same game. I shipped out two days after the purchase. Within an hour and a half, they sent an e-mail saying they gave me the wrong address, and could they change it? They acted apologetic. It may have been a mistake, but they had so long to alert me. I actually shipped the last acceptable day for shipment.

It seems awkward, although, I have had an instance before, where a stupid buyer left me a 2/5, because they were so inconvenienced that I canceled their order within an hour or placement, citing Amazon's policy that you cannot ship to any other address other than the filed address. Anyway, back to the present.

My post office recalled it, I canceled the order, and it should be back in my hands later this week. I will not post the address, but will say the intended destination was Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I will not say it is related to HitGaming, but the whole thing is ridiculous and was fairly close in proximity.

FYI, I contacted Amazon to hear my liability. They gave no support and said I might be able to recall the package, but to give a full refund now. They also refused support in the previous incident, even though the person admitted it was their fault. It's good that buyers have zero liability for their personal actions. I really don't know if the two instances were fraud or idiots. I think it was fraud, because it would just take an A-Z claim for a refund, and they could keep the item that they had "mis-mailed" to themselves, a friend, or relative.

bread's done
Back