W: Nintendoland (Wii U-Digital Download) H: Paypal/Amazon GC

emjaymj, thanks for the bid. I put a little note to make it more clear about the Service Charge thing only being for our cut and not the item cost. Thanks for the suggestion.

* $05.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $1
* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $2
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $3
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $4

for fun

[quote name='evantrees']* $05.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $1
* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $2
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $3
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $4

for fun[/QUOTE]

* $05.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $2.75
* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $4.50
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $5.25
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $8.50

for kicks

Maigoyume, I think you missed the part in the rules that said all increments had to be $0.50 increments so I'm going to round up your $0.25 ones for now. Thanks :)

Anyone interested in one of the BlazBlue Fight Sticks? They are limited to only 1500 copies each and are extremely limited. They are $200 and will likely cost around $35-$40 to ship. A hefty investment but a small price to pay for being a loyal BlazBlue collector/fanatic. Here's some lovely photos:

cimg2129.jpg

cimg2130.jpg

[quote name='goomba478']Maigoyume, I think you missed the part in the rules that said all increments had to be $0.50 increments so I'm going to round up your $0.25 ones for now. Thanks :)[/QUOTE]Oops my bad :lol: I saw that too, anyways lets throw another one up too

* $25.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $10

Wow those are nice Blazblu TE fightsticks!!!

Soo tempted but I've got car repairs to pay for. :cry:

* Halo Legends Anime: Exclusive Best Buy Steelbook Edition + Mini Halo Encyclopedia [Blu-Ray/Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $10 (I can use a sealed copy)

penetratingpincer, the list of items is on the first page, first post of this thread :) I will be adding new items all week during the sale (at least 5 items a day). I'm going to have a ton of things so keep checking back.

Ooo you want a war?

* $05.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $3.50
* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $5.00
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $6.00
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $9.00
* $25.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $10.50

Yes I'm petty

[quote name='maigoyume']I don't mind, it helps goomba anyways ;)[/QUOTE]

I thought of just paying 100% for some or all of them (god knows i order enough), but then realized that these aren't exactly a limited resource and Goomba would probably just throw up another batch of credits and make my efforts pointless :)

* $05.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $4.00
* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $6.00
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $9.00
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $11.00
* $25.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - $15.00

REAL TALK

haha you caught me emjay, if they reach near the limit then yes I'll consider posting new ones :) As you said the credit is good. I'm not going anywhere =P GFC forever!

GFC is a store and a service I run for non-American gamers. Essentially it's a package forwarding service where we buy games at good deals (not just games, but we do focus on them quite a bit being CAGs) and ship them to Canada (and all other countries). It's not very useful to USA members as they can buy items themselves, but for people in other countries we can buy items on sale and ship them for less then they'd pay in their home countries. We also allow customers to buy their own items, ship them to us and have them forwarded around the world. For this we charge very minimal service fees (Typically $2.00 for the first item and $1.00 for each additional item).

You can check out more if you're interested here: http://www.gamesforcanada.com

Thanks ^_^

There will be a TON of stuff. Mark my words. I wasn't planning on starting the sale until Sunday but a few people told me they'd like me to start listing as I went along so I did :) This way it's a bit more fun and suspenseful as new items are added each day. I have to work tomorrow but I'll be home all day Sunday and while I'm cleaning my office and gaming room I will be adding a bunch of items.

Thanks PuppetYuber!

Awesome, definitely looking forward to this! I made my bid early to tag this thread. Also I updated my post with Demon Soul's bid. Somehow I missed that on my first quick scan through.

Demon Soul - $23

I am off to bed now guys. Lots more to do tomorrow and I have to get up really early (unfortunately). I will keep adding items all throughout the week. No worries ^_^ Cya soon. Feel free to bid, I will update as we go along once I get back from work. Cya later and happy lowballing!

** BID LIST UPDATED UP UNTIL THIS POST **

These auctions seem a bit looooong to me, obviously the ones first unveiled the most so, but I find the only real iffy thing to be the "random time" ending seems almost like a conflict of interest when it can be easily chosen by the person making the sales on the last day of the auction rather than beforehand (as far as we know anyways), but I understand your need to milk this particular one for everything you can lol... and sometimes your fees feel too cheap, so I don't mind participating in this particular one, though I don't know if I would to nearly the same degree otherwise, especially because of the above reasons.

Not saying you're a dishonest person, I've dealt with you enough to know you're remarkably honest, but especially the "random" ending has so many issues with it that I have a hard time feeling comfortable about it.

Either way, like I said, I want to help out for this one where I can so...

* Demon's Souls [Complete / Near Mint] - $25

FFXIII 360 faceplate $5

I read what happened to ya, sucks that you lost your hard earned cash. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to submit it to Lost and found.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony (Premium Edition) Includes Soundtrack & Exclusive Collector Character Cards [Brand New/Factory Sealed] - damn you and your constant of adding fuck i want $11

emjaymj, nothing iffy about it. I had an automated system that told everyone the ending times and had a rolling ending where every bid would add 5 minutes to the auction time, but people didn't bid as much as they do on these standard CAG thread ones. Also, the time isn't technically random. I know the ending time. The reason it's not posted is that if I post it, you get a LOT of snipers bidding at the last minute and then they complain when their bids didn't get in. Leaving the ending time not specifically listed means people are more likely to honestly bid beforehand. Trust me :)

Sharp Katana, thanks for the support buddy :) Things are getting better. Once this Lowball sale ends I'm just going to keep pushing my own small business and working at my two day jobs so I'll earn the money back. It definitely could have been worse, but it was really hard to go from a super high of getting that much money to finding out it was gone in 20 minutes. Talk about disappointing. We're on the road to recovery though. Thanks again.

emjaymj, no the Fringe set is entirely Blu-Ray. Great show :)

VideoGamesIzFun, lots more where that came from ^_^

emjaymj, if you click the names of the items you will get the pictures for them. Here's the Fringe set:

IMG_2763.JPG

I will be adding photos for all items, just haven't made it there for some. Thanks!

[quote name='goomba478']emjaymj, nothing iffy about it. I had an automated system that told everyone the ending times and had a rolling ending where every bid would add 5 minutes to the auction time, but people didn't bid as much as they do on these standard CAG thread ones. Also, the time isn't technically random. I know the ending time. The reason it's not posted is that if I post it, you get a LOT of snipers bidding at the last minute and then they complain when their bids didn't get in. Leaving the ending time not specifically listed means people are more likely to honestly bid beforehand. Trust me :)[/QUOTE]

I agree that bid snipers are annoying, and if you honestly do have a time 100% set in stone to end it, then yeah it's fine. We have no real way of knowing that though, and while I believe you, if I hadn't dealt with you so many times in the past, I'd have a harder time just having faith about it, that's all I'm saying. There may or may not be some people new to you who hestitate to big because of it, especially the Americans who aren't all too aware of GFC :)

Even then, even the most honest people might extend it just a few... more... minutes... if a big ticket item is having some momentum :)

Emjaymj, I will be giving a time range but not an exact minute it ends. It's safe to say it's always better as a seller to have the sale go longer, so no worries. I don't play favorites. You will all have a very good idea when the auctions end :)

Don't worry, I've done business with emjaymj before but I do think he must be new to lowballs...it's all good :) I'm just following the genius system dv8mad came up with originally. Many sellers have tweaked and tried new things, but his original system is still golden in my book.

Oh and VideoGamesIzFun, shadow_nine bid $6 on the faceplate already. Feel free to bid $6.50 :) Thanks.

[quote name='buckythekat']* Fringe (Season 1 Complete Box Set) [Blu-Ray/Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $5.50

emjaymj - are you new to lowballs or something? goomba has a ton of great feedback and dv8 himself has bid on stuff[/QUOTE]

Uuhhh what? I've bid on a few things myself so far, like I said, I trust Goomba and have dealt with him multiple times, I have like $750 worth of stuff being mailed to him as it is, and have both given and received feedback on prior deals with him, and you'd probably know at least half this stuff if you bothered to read whole posts (and if you did and it all still somehow went over your head, I apologize for the sarcasm, that's not how I typically treat the mentally challenged). Instead, like some comical sort of superhero, buckythekat puts on his cape and tights and attempts to come to the rescue oblivious to the fact that it's clearly not needed. I also really couldn't care less if this dv8 guy I've never heard of (I'm guessing at least a demi-god, as supposedly his endorsement is supposed to automatically mean something) has made bids on Goomba's stuf or not. Again, I've made bids, i DO in fact trust Goomba.

I have no doubts Goomba is an honest guy, even to a degree that's quite unusual these days. What I'm trying to get at though is that this particular practice is something I'd be horribly uncomfortable with IF Goomba wasn't somebody I already trusted. So some sweeping appeal to the fact he has good feedback and can be trusted to send items out actually has absolutely nothing to do with my concern, it has more to do with the fact that somebody could technically have the highest bid when the auction is supposed to end, but since nobody knows when this is except for the person running the contest, he could just decide right then to let it run a little longer (especially if, as I said, a big ticket item has some momentum going), essentially making it possible for the people who would have otherwise won to get screwed over.

Since it's Goomba, I have a lot more faith that he'll be doing things honestly, but there's many different possibilities left open due to this. For instance, especially since this is a forum-based auction, if he logs on 10 minutes after he intended the auction to end, and see's there's been a much bigger bid for something in the time between, not many people would be able to resist just slightly tweaking the auction end-time in order to take advantage of something that just sort of fell on their lap. If it was a total stranger running this, this slight technicality could be as severe as the seller playing favorites and telling certain people when the auction is going to end, allowing them to bid-snipe without much competition, but even though I can't ever really know who is capable of this, I still pretty much KNOW Goomba wouldn't just violate his principles like that, so I'm not worried about anything so extreme. Still, having a 3rd party who won't be bidding to either choose or (if the seller wants some strategic control over the when the end is set), simply tell them on the outset when the auction will end, but while I suppose this leaves a little wiggle room for shady practices, even though it would be less, it would almost undoubtedly be somebody I don't trust as much as Goomba. I trust very few people as much as I trust Goomba... lol. Some variation of this might be a good practice for auctions with a "secret end-time" in general. I think some of the various twitters apps or whatever that let you schedule messages for the future would help keep honest people in check, but I suppose not entirely useful against anybody intentionally deceitful. I suppose an even better way to do it would be to add slowly, one by one, characters that compose an encrypted string containing the time in one form or another, releasing the last character of the hash at the end of the auction for verification. Technically, such a hash code could even be generated now, it doesn't HAVE to be at the beginning of the auction..

What would be REALLY neat I think is an online tool for lowball auctions and such that generates a secret time within a given range (perhaps a 12 hour minimum or something), where even the seller isn't aware of the exact time, until it becomes publicly displayed either when the time is reached, or preferably at the very the end of the given range. I think something like that could make the auctions really fun - there could be a lot of bidding go on during the last day and the suspense would be crazy as the highest bid at the end of the last day isn't necessarily the winner. I know that sounds like a bad thing for the seller, but something like this would encourage people to put their maximum bids earlier on, because baby steps could make them lose the whole auction, and so the seller has the potential to get an even better prince in addition to what I believe would be a fun and very fair way of conducting such an auction.

And as much as I trust Goomba, I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't have any sort of history with him, so there's a possibility it might actually affect somebody's decision to bid. But in general I'm not intending any of this to be taken as seriously as it's been taken. I enjoyed thinking about some of the ideas I came up with. The time-capsule sort of solution would probably take a fair bit of work as I don't know if such a thing already exists, but md5 hash generators and other simple encryption tools are easily found all over the web.

(BTW, as far as being safe to say it's always best for the seller to go longer... not necessarily true! lol... if you end them early pretty much all the time people will start to take notice and bid accordingly. Then all of a sudden you let it run really late and you'll probably have your best auction ever!)

* Fringe (Season 1 Complete Box Set) [Blu-Ray/Brand New/Factory Sealed] - $6.50

* $10.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - evantrees - $8.50
* $15.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - jeffx - $10.00
* $20.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - jeffx - $12.50
* $25.00 Worth of GFC Service Charge Credit * - jeffx - $18.00

emjaymj, it's all good. We're all friends :) buckythekat is a good guy and didn't mean to insult you so please don't take it that way.

I like the idea of the ending time hash (though not sure all people could figure it out) but let's just say this: I have tried strict ending times and everyone sniped at the end and it was a mess. I tried rolling endings where each time someone bid I tacked 5 minutes to the ending time, and that worked well though there was some confusion over the timestamps of CAG being accurate and finally I went with a fully automated web version (which will appear more on the GFC website very soon) but a lot of CAGs didn't want to register for GFC just to bid (especially Americans who wouldn't use the GFC site) so our pool of bidders was laughably small.

In conclusion, dv8mad is treated like a demi-god because he was the one person that created the CAG Lowball system :) the reason we look for his approval is that he has a huge influence over the legitimacy of sales. So anything that is dv8mad-system-approved or dv8mad approved directly is a sign of gold approval. You don't need to know him personally, but know this, the guy really lives up to his name and reputation :)

So with that said. I will look into future upgrades to the Lowball system (I love tinkering, trust me) but for this particular sale I'm going to just keep it simple and to the point. I will reveal the ending time (exact time) the last day of the sale...so no worries. Nobody will have an advantage or disadvantage. That's just how I roll :)

Instead of flooding this thread with useless information, why not just pm goomba with your ideas and thus avoid any sort of bickering between one and other, just a thought.

also emjaymj, when you copied your most recent bids you left the other previous highest bidders' names on there :) so I'm going to change them to yours. Thanks!

bread's done
Back