Wal-Mart Tradein 50% Bonus toward Madden 15

tdn327

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
50% Bonus on game to apply for Madden 15 / Destiny.

Offer start Aug. 31 to Sept. 6

http://weeklyads.walmart.com/hosted_services/walmart

NOW REQUIRES MINIMUM 2 GAMES TO QUALIFY 50% Bonus

Pre-Order Destiny

Get the Destiny Reserve Card (PS3/PS4) and ask the CS to enter the first 11 digit from the barcode.

Max 2 per same title per transaction per format. Ex. 2 x Watch Dog PS4 2 x Watch Dog PS3 is valid

If your gift card does not have a bar code use the last 16 digit to use at register.

Disclaimer: Wal-Mart Tradein is sometimes time consuming and possible fail due to untrain CS

Last edited by a moderator:
Where on the website?
Sorry had to go back and double check,

Search "weekly ad" in the search bar for walmart, filter by catergory -> electronics, scroll to the last page and there you will see it.

Im sure there is an easier way to find this, but dont stress the technique.

My question is, how do we use the preorder cards to activate the 50%? Jesus, I just went to two WalMarts and despite showing them their own ad they were like "well on the computer it says is the customer purchasing destiny, has nothing to do with a preorder, so there's nothing I can do" ... Frustrating, hopefully the values hold and I can figure out what to do by tomorrow. After some prodding I had the woman try to type some numbers into the computer from the card and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?
Couldnt you simply purchase Madden to actiavate the 50%, then return it on ur way out, this is what i did on last week, which also helps put most of the credit on a hard giftcard and not that paper BS with no barcode.

Of course this way assumes you are using the credit of the traded games to purchase madden.

My question is, how do we use the preorder cards to activate the 50%? Jesus, I just went to two WalMarts and despite showing them their own ad they were like "well on the computer it says is the customer purchasing destiny, has nothing to do with a preorder, so there's nothing I can do" ... Frustrating, hopefully the values hold and I can figure out what to do by tomorrow. After some prodding I had the woman try to type some numbers into the computer from the card and that didn't work either. What am I doing wrong?
Where it says activation Barcode have them type in the first 11 digits likely before the triple zeros start

Where it says activation Barcode have them type in the first 11 digits likely before the triple zeros start
I'll have to try this after class later. Not sure what you mean by "before the triple zeroes start" though, but I don't have one in front of me to figure it out. Thanks for the heads up.

How fast of a turn around is the online Walmart trade in? And do they restrict quantity? Also can I find out which stores do trade in somewhere on the website?

So my local Walmart doesn't do trade ins but I'm a little reserved about sending in a bunch of games through the mail, anyone ever have problems with it before?

Just remember first 11 digits on the activation barcode line
Does the computer cut it off automatically? I seemed to notice when she was typing it in it wouldn't let her type in anything else at one point, but if the cut off on the computer is 15 then that's probably what the problem was. Again, I appreciate the help

Anybody??
I've only used the preorder cards on the self checkouts.

You peel off the yellow sticker from the bottom barcode and select "Walmart Shopping Card" as your payment option on the screen. It will ask you to swipe the card, but if you just scan the barcode with the self check it will work as well. No need to enter the pin or anything.

I think this is the same way the e-giftcards work, but I've only used those in the Sam's Club self check out.

I've only used the preorder cards on the self checkouts.

You peel off the yellow sticker from the bottom barcode and select "Walmart Shopping Card" as your payment option on the screen. It will ask you to swipe the card, but if you just scan the barcode with the self check it will work as well. No need to enter the pin or anything.

I think this is the same way the e-giftcards work, but I've only used those in the Sam's Club self check out.
Thanks for the reply that's kind of what I figured, but just wanted to make sure

I can't seem to get to the online trade, is it down, or do I have an old link? Anyone know if in-store trades are still up, or are they down too?

Edit: back online, and in-store worked fine (but slow).

Just remember first 11 digits on the activation barcode line
Yeah so that's a huge bitch. So for example the gift card doesn't print right and under where the barcode SHOULD be (it's a empty image symbol, the X in two boxes) there's a long number like 874586227890006096692404533690. The gift card number comes after those 3 zeroes so it would be 6096692404533690. Then the PIN is next to the dollar amount at the top of the card.

Do yourself (and the walmart employees) a favor and buy a physical giftcard from www.walmart.com with that paper one. Or have them make it into a physical one in-store using the information I've provided.

It's not common Walmart employee knowledge unfortunately. I JUST figured it out after remembering something a CSM told me last holiday season when we had a similar issue.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to both of you for these posts, this information was an absolute god send when I went and saved me a lot of time. If anyone else tries to do a trade in the next few days, remember these posts! To summarize: The UPC for the Destiny preorder will be the first 11 digits before "000" in order to get the 50%, and in case the bar code doesn't print out (which it didn't on mine and many CAGs had an issue with it), your gift card is all of the numbers AFTER the "000." Thanks a bunch guys.

I did my deal today it was mostly painless after the waiting. I had Skyward Sword Wii And Super Smash Bros Brawl Wii total trade value after Destiny bonus 79.95 no flipping for me , just enough for the game and two  Wal-Mart prescriptions.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to both of you for these posts, this information was an absolute god send when I went and saved me a lot of time. If anyone else tries to do a trade in the next few days, remember these posts! To summarize: The UPC for the Destiny preorder will be the first 11 digits before "000" in order to get the 50%, and in case the bar code doesn't print out (which it didn't on mine and many CAGs had an issue with it), your gift card is all of the numbers AFTER the "000." Thanks a bunch guys.
Well shit I wish I had internet on the phone. Now I have to go back.

Can you post a picture? Also apparently the $5 preorder thing is a giftcard? Can I just condense them online or something? I've got a lot to trade in and don't really want 50000 giftcards.

I don't know if this is recent but it looks like they took almost all older games out of their catalog for trade in at least online. Even games like Mario Kart 7 no longer have a value and don't turn up in a search result. Same thing with Call of Duty Ghosts for PS3, 360 and Wii U.

I don't know if this is recent but it looks like they took almost all older games out of their catalog for trade in at least online. Even games like Mario Kart 7 no longer have a value and don't turn up in a search result. Same thing with Call of Duty Ghosts for PS3, 360 and Wii U.
This just happened today. They removed about 95% of the games from the trade-in catalog.

Well shit I wish I had internet on the phone. Now I have to go back.

Can you post a picture? Also apparently the $5 preorder thing is a giftcard? Can I just condense them online or something? I've got a lot to trade in and don't really want 50000 giftcards.
Odcst3.jpg

I just noticed that, I was trying to search for some stuff and was wondering where it went. A lot of the bigger, more popular games are still up though. Maybe some nuked values are coming? I noticed GTA dropped to 38.xx after promo. Hope the remaining stuff holds though, still money to be made.

Can you trade in more than two games at the same time or is 2 the limit?
Two copies of a single game per console. If you happen to have two copies of Ghosts for PS4 and two copies for Xbox One (not sure why you would) then you could trade them all in at once.

Nice that after hours of not being able to access the Walmart trade-in site the TIVs are lowered/gone. I was just about ready to stop hating the store too.

Two copies of a single game per console. If you happen to have two copies of Ghosts for PS4 and two copies for Xbox One (not sure why you would) then you could trade them all in at once.
I was told one per system per trade, ie you can only do 1 GTA V for 360 and 1 GTA V PS3 and not 2 360.

Anyone sent in large numbers of a single game to Walmart online tradein? Couldn't unload in-store so looking to online.

I was told one per system per trade, ie you can only do 1 GTA V for 360 and 1 GTA V PS3 and not 2 360.

Anyone sent in large numbers of a single game to Walmart online tradein? Couldn't unload in-store so looking to online.
The employee you were working with was probably misinformed...

And also, same limit of two per game per console for online trade-ins.

GTA is still 38-39 which isnt bad.

COD Ghosts for 360/PS3 shows 0.00, I cant imagine thats correct?
When I search for CoD:G all I see is the game for :ps4: and :xb1:. I just typed ghosts in the search box and hit enter.

It was a Manager. I didn't see any word about limits online, where'd you see that?
95% of the people I've dealt with for trade-in's at Walmart give the "deer in headlights" look when I mention it. In fact, the MoD (manager on duty) at a Walmart today was not able to transfer the balance of my e-gift card to a plastic gift card. He and several others literally tried for an hour before they just gave me cash from the register.

I just tried to add three copies of CoD:G :xb1: to an online trade-in and I got this message:

Cannot trade-in more than two games of the same exact title and platform per transaction.
If taken literally though, you could probably submit additional orders without any issues. I can't recommend it myself though because I have very limited experience with submitting online trade-in's at Walmart.

95% of the people I've dealt with for trade-in's at Walmart give the "deer in headlights" look when I mention it. In fact, the MoD (manager on duty) at a Walmart today was not able to transfer the balance of my e-gift card to a plastic gift card. He and several others literally tried for an hour before they just gave me cash from the register.

I just tried to add three copies of CoD:G :xb1: to an online trade-in and I got this message:

If taken literally though, you could probably submit additional orders without any issues. I can't recommend it myself though because I have very limited experience with submitting online trade-in's at Walmart.
Weird, I was able to add 10 copies of GTA V and submit it, but I'm cautious to send that many in and have something go wrong.

Yeah so that's a huge bitch. So for example the gift card doesn't print right and under where the barcode SHOULD be (it's a empty image symbol, the X in two boxes) there's a long number like 874586227890006096692404533690. The gift card number comes after those 3 zeroes so it would be 6096692404533690. Then the PIN is next to the dollar amount at the top of the card.

Do yourself (and the walmart employees) a favor and buy a physical giftcard from www.walmart.com with that paper one. Or have them make it into a physical one in-store using the information I've provided.

It's not common Walmart employee knowledge unfortunately. I JUST figured it out after remembering something a CSM told me last holiday season when we had a similar issue.
When you say "physical giftcard", what does the mean exactly? Is it shipped to your home? How long does that take? Do you do store pickup? Can you print it out at your home?

What is the limit you can put on a giftcard?

Is the Destiny pre-order card a Walmart gift card?

What is the purchase price and the gift card value?

When you say "physical giftcard", what does the mean exactly? Is it shipped to your home? How long does that take? Do you do store pickup? Can you print it out at your home?

What is the limit you can put on a giftcard?
It's a physical gift card. You can even pick out the design. I got the formula 1 race car driver.

The card is shipped to your home. An order I did in April took 7-10 days and I was not given the option to do store pick-up. They email you a code to activate the card if it's over $249 or you order more than 24. limit? Mine was a lot. I think around 750 million Euros or something.

So this is still going till the 6th ? Seems most of the games that disappeared came back . Some values changed as well fifa 14 X1 dropped to 15.xx base , Diablo uea X1 went up to 40.xx.

Is the Destiny pre-order card a Walmart gift card?

What is the purchase price and the gift card value?
It is a cardboard card about 6.5" tall and about 4.25" wide with Destiny artwork on it and can be typically found in the electronics department. Scroll down about 2/3 of the way down this page and that is what it looks like. It can be purchased for $5 (or $5 + tax if it is coded wrong in that Walmart's POS) and the gift card is worth $5.

They didn't have any destiny cards at my Walmart , they might of pulled them already . I got madden which they have to type in manually but you don't actually have to buy it unless they make you . I'm surprised this thread hasn't seen more action today , diablo 3 X1/PS4 is getting 61.80 after bonus .

Ghosts is back up to 30 base. Wow. $45 after bump. If you have Best Buy or Target credit that's an easy way to double your money moving into walmart by PMing Amazon.

Praying to lawd jesus that these values hold until tomorrow. :pray:

Traded in a grand total of 18 games. Was told that I cannot trade in anymore because their lockbox where they store their games was filled and until they come to empty it, they can't take more.

Great timing becauce my fiance just lost her job and I'm scrambling to make whatever cash I can to pay for our bills, so thanks OP!

bread's done
Back