Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

This is the Carol/Daryl filler episode.

They go back & forth about being survivors the entire episode and it gets boring.

I liked it but still the weakest episode this season.

For people who don't watch the episode live, please don't change the thread title to anything that gives away any aspect of the episode. There's no need to try to write any cute titles.
I'll give you until Tuesday then I change the titles.

They go back & forth about being survivors the entire episode and it gets boring.

ARgh...my feelings exactly.

Don't like the idea that the gang is heading BACK to Atlanta.

I don't like the fact that they can go all the way back to Atlanta so easily after all Rick n' company went through and traveled. It makes all the walking they've been doing the last several seasons moot.

Carol is still a Trojan horse for sure. She just needs to wake up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the fact that they can go all the way back to Atlanta so easily after all the went through and traveled. It makes all the walking they've been doing the last several seasons moot.

Carol is still a Trojan horse for sure. She just needs to wake up.
yea makes it look like the farm,. prison, and all the other places are like blocks from one another. Also they would be out of gas long ago by now.

It was slow, but I think last episode was the weakest so far. Hopefully next episode they get back to some more action. I'm looking forward to seeing Carol kick some APD ass.

I also just finished the
Negan
series in the comics. I can't wait to see what they do with that on the show.

edit: I don't know how accurate this is, but here is a map of the camp locations and other areas.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?vpsrc=6&t=h&ll=33.292727,-84.535332&iwloc=0004b1424ec46951c6033&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=0.088245,0.079737&z=14&hl=en&mid=zD38FaCAJQek.k_FDpSYzC2wI

It looks like they were only about an hour away from Atlanta by car.

The finale last night was pretty average until the last 10 minutes or so. After how they've shown what Rick has turned into, I was waiting for him to turn around, walk away, and say "Kill 'em all."

When Dawn and Beth were having that conversation about all the cops, I couldn't really follow because they kept saying names that had no real meaning since they didn't give any of them much time for development.

Mid season finale was okay. Totally expected a main character to get killed off and my money was on
Beth
from the beginning.

I still can't get over how quickly these guys are traveling around now. 

Agreed - it didn't feel tense until the final scenes.  I think Rick is playing the bad ass character pretty well though.  I never liked Farmer Rick.  This one is pretty cool though. 

Regarding Beth, in seasons two and three, she was a forgettable character.  They were building her up since last season so I thought it was kind of fitting how they killed her off.  So although her overall demise wasn't a shocker, the way it went down was a shock to me.  It was so abrupt.  She reacted in such a rash manner.  But when Daryl was carrying her and bawling, I admit that it got me misty eyed.

I still don't get the point of coming back to Atlanta.  The producers said there was a reason they were going back to where it all began and it would all make sense in the end but it still doesn't make sense to me after watching the mid-season finale.  I still don't get how that advances the story?  They're just going backwards now.  wtf?  Also, I watched the Talking Dead episode and they talked about introducing a gay character into the show but iirc Tara is a gay character anyway, isn't she?  Father Gabriel just annoys me now. 

Michone should have smacked the shit out of him for the dumb stunt he pulled. Gabriel needs to die, but probably wont.

As for Eugene I want to see this character grow. And yeah, he's a lying coward but he's at least useful.

Any ideas of what they're going for in next season? I say they continue with the idea of DC being their best chance of some kind of normal society.

I saw that, too bad I didn't see the episode. So way to go giving away the mid season ending before anyone but the people on the east coast seeing said episode. They got a lot of back lash and the pic was pulled.

I didn't know about that from AMC till I saw the posting from them apologizing for it.  Here I thought it was bad enough that Yahoo posted something yesterday.  I don't remember what it was, but the headline said what happened just not who it was.  It was bad enough reading that Norman Reedus spent a week or so crying to get ready.

Hell I had to hear people talk about it at work yesterday and I still had not seen it.  Thankfully all they did was cry about it not being that good of a mid season final and one was just asking if Darryl was killed and then if Rick died.  So nothing spoiled it.  

My self I don't know what they expected at work.  This was the first time watching this show that I was shocked by a death.  The rest felt like they were coming or were symbolic so after looking at it, it was no surprise.  I'm sure if I had read the comics I would have seen this coming so maybe those I work around had read them.  This has been the best season in a long time I think and was the best mid season final in some time.

Looking back at it I guess with this being Beth's story one would have expected it.  Once I new that Norman spent that long crying, and that Carol was in the hospital I thought it would have been her.  I knew something was going to happen that was going to be close to Darryl.  I figured it would probably be a death.  I think the thing that shocked me most was the way it all happened and everyone's reaction.  This was also the first time that the show made me feel like I should give a damn after a character was killed off.

Good mid-season finale. It was the least action filled one, but maybe that was good since it was a surprise. This one kind of reminded me of the mid-season finale with the barn and Sophia.

Good mid-season finale. It was the least action filled one, but maybe that was good since it was a surprise. This one kind of reminded me of the mid-season finale with the barn and Sophia.
yeap seems they are going back to season 2. I guess that means they get attacked by the hoard of walkers in the cornfeild at the end of the season. Did anyone from the hospital go with them.

Wonder what town they are talking about that is 100 miles away is a safe spot?

cousin thought Eugene was dead and was going to come back as a zombie and eat that one army dude :) LOL

So pissed about the spoiler from AMC... and it was a gigantic photo with a big RIP on it... completely impossible to miss on anyone's timeline.

Damn, can't believe AMC did this. I have to DVR it since I don't get home till midnight on Sundays. Good thing I didn't get on FB.

Kinda reminds me of Game of Thrones last season were people were lighting up FB with the big death of that season.

Michone should have smacked the shit out of him for the dumb stunt he pulled. Gabriel needs to die, but probably wont.

As for Eugene I want to see this character grow. And yeah, he's a lying coward but he's at least useful.

Any ideas of what they're going for in next season? I say they continue with the idea of DC being their best chance of some kind of normal society.
My guess is they eventually head towards Washington D.C. Morgan found the map that Abraham left for Rick which gave him directions to go to Washington. Story-wise, the only place that they can meet up then is in Washington. He probably won't be able to join them until season six. At Morgan's current pace, it might not be until season seven though hah.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked by how the
Beth kill scene went down. My wife and I tried to rationalize like did she just not care what happened to herself at that point (remember she did try to kill herself in season 2)...and just wanted to make sure Dawn was wrong about "they always come back" with Noah?

Or, did she honestly just "dun goofed" and thought that stabbing Dawn would easily kill her and she'd magically save the day by rescuing Noah and being a badass like Darryl taught her? It was just so impetuous and rash. It almost came across as a childish outburst by someone who hadn't learned as much as she thought she had.

We both hated it because Beth had become such a likable character (and even Emily Kinney herself seems so damn likable). And seeing her talk about it on Talking Dead was gut wrenching. Basically any question turned into "What was it like before you lost your dream job?" It's weird...sometimes it seems like the people who get killed off are the ones who appreciate the job the most. Then you have actors on other shows...sitcoms or whatever where there's no threat of being killed off, and they're just assholes.

I can only hope that Emily Kinney gets some big roles after this (or that her album does well). I commented to my wife that if they ever reboot the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, she'd be a great Buffy (didn't realize she was 29 though, haha...she could easily pass for a high schooler). I wished for the same thing for Hayden Panettiere after Heroes was canceled though. One day it'll happen, dammit, lol.

should of put something like this on  AMC

The bad news   -- SHES DEAD

The good news--  At least we dont have to stab her in the head   :)

The actress who plays Beth is 29. Wtf I thought she was a teenager.
Wow, that's a surprise.

For a while I thought she was the grown version of Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter

2q9ex3r.jpg

I finally got to see the last episode. Holy $hit I did not see that coming. I definitely teared up when Daryl came put carrying her lifeless body out.

Am I the only one who feels like they are purposefully pulling back on Glenn and his screen time to ease a 'big' character death, on the audience?

Am I the only one who feels like they are purposefully pulling back on Glenn and his screen time to ease a 'big' character death on the audience?
I hope they keep him around, he's one of 4 originial cast members left and the only Asian guy. It would be harder to kill him believably since he's proven tobe very tactical and tough (he's kill zombies unarmed and tied down to chair.) In my eyes only 2 ways/reasons to kill him properly.

1. Build up the Maggy char more by taking everything away from her.

2. Kill both Maggy and Glenn at the same time in an all out apocalyptic zombie/bad guy fight (only way to kill 2 long standing series regulars).

Still haven't watched this episode yet .... i was just just reading to wiki for info!

The fifth season features 18 series regulars, with 10 actors featured in the opening credits, while eight others are credited as "also starring". Michael Cudlitz, who portrays Sgt. Abraham Ford, is added in the opening sequence as are Emily Kinney and Chad L. Coleman, who portray Beth Greene and Tyreese, after previously being credited as "also starring". Credited as "also starring" are Josh McDermitt, Christian Serratos, Alana Masterson, and Andrew J. West, who were promoted to series regulars after recurring in the previous season and Gilliam and Ross Marquand, both join as a series regular as Father Gabriel Stokes and Aaron respectively. 

Yeah I have the feeling both Glenn and Maggy are going to get killed off as well this season.
I don't think so. If anyone is in danger I'd say Tyreese and Abraham better watch out. Can't have too many alphas.

I think Eugene and Gabriel are safe. They're so easy to kill off that it's just not fair.

I would have popped Eugene the moment he told everyone that the mission was a lie! He's dead weight.

I don't think so. If anyone is in danger I'd say Tyreese and Abraham better watch out. Can't have too many alphas.

I think Eugene and Gabriel are safe. They're so easy to kill off that it's just not fair.

I guess they can't have too many black guys on the show at once. I thought the shot where they took him out of the truck was really well done.

I wanted to smack the shit of that gum-chewing dumbass.

I guess they can't have too many black guys on the show at once. I thought the shot where they took him out of the truck was really well done.

Same here. That gum smacking was blood boiling.

I called Tyresse but I didn't think it would be this early. His fight with the bitter was really intense. But it still baffles me how these guys can get caught off guard so easily this late into the show. I'm still not sure about the direction for this last half of the season.

Same here. That gum smacking was blood boiling.

I called Tyresse but I didn't think it would be this early. His fight with the bitter was really intense. But it still baffles me how these guys can get caught off guard so easily this late into the show. I'm still not sure about the direction for this last half of the season.
Well, I guess it brings into question that whole "not meant for this world" concept. I totally agree...it seems ridiculous at this point to allow yourself to be distracted by pictures when you're not 100% certain you've cleared a building. But that was the point with Tyreese. He was the "moral compass" and the one holding onto humanity.

I even joked to my wife that here he was back in his babysitter role, volunteering to look after Noah. And then he let his guard down and paid the price. For all the strength and vigor he had early on, Tyreese basically went soft after Karen died (ha...there's a joke there somewhere). And he died for it.

wonder why he saw all those people while he was dying, yet he never saw his girlfriend (maybe she wanted too much money or didnt have time)

For those that read the comic:  Did anyone catch what appeared to be some foreshadowing when

Glen picked up that baseball bat?  There was an awful lot of focus on the bat itself, as he was picking it up and holding it, to have just been a random shot.  Maybe, in this storyline, that bat is Lucille in the making?  Or if anything, the bat that does Glen in?

[quote name="sp00ge" post="12490539" timestamp="1423709713"]For those that read the comic: Did anyone catch what appeared to be some foreshadowing when

Glen picked up that baseball bat? There was an awful lot of focus on the bat itself, as he was picking it up and holding it, to have just been a random shot. Maybe, in this storyline, that bat is Lucille in the making? Or if anything, the bat that does Glen in?
[/quote]
I saw that too. I was almost expecting him to find some barbed wire.

For those that read the comic: Did anyone catch what appeared to be some foreshadowing when

Glen picked up that baseball bat? There was an awful lot of focus on the bat itself, as he was picking it up and holding it, to have just been a random shot. Maybe, in this storyline, that bat is Lucille in the making? Or if anything, the bat that does Glen in?
I told my girlfriend that was a bad choice and he shouldn't get near it lol

Wow I was really surprised they went there already. I thought this episode was going to be the most safest one since they were just on the heels of the mid-season finale.  I'm guessing it's not a contractual thing so much as a story mechanic to only focus on half of the entire group in each episode.  You see the shot of the rest of the crew during the burial but they don't make any other appearance in the episode.  That was a good episode - season five is holding up pretty well in overall quality.

I just caught up with like 5-6 episodes of TWD.  Moved back in November and hadn't had time to catch up.  Those last two episodes were almost too much.  Some idiot friends of mine had already spoiled the mid-season finale for me on Facebook, but it was still crazy to watch.  Then my favorite gets it in the last episode.  I don't even know where they can go next but that's the nature of the show.  

I just watched The mid season finale. I avoided the WD thread to avoid potential spoilers, but like everyone else, I saw it in my FB feed.

I still cried though.

I'm going to wait for the 2nd half of the season to air before I watch it...I need time to mourn.

I think we sort of needed a calmer episode this week, but it really felt...unnecessary?  It was like the whole episode was just hitting you over the head with the "It's really fucked up out here, you have to do whatever you need to survive" message but I felt all this stuff would have been better served had they just inserted it in small doses in different episodes.  

bread's done
Back