Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

The episode was just a build up for the finale. I didn't say it was bad, if anything it was necessary to create tension between Ricks crew and Alexandria. But yes, it was a bit boring.

All of Sasha's scenes could be cut for all I care. I have little interest in her character. Even the fight between Pete and Rick was lame. I was expecting Rick to annihilate his drunk ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes another fucking boring episode.  God damn this half of the season has been bullshit boring.  Now word on the net is saying that some major character is gonna die and you are going to be pissed off at who does die. 

Depending on how this 90 minute episode goes... it may be either the one that causes me to keep going for another damn season or be the one that finally gets me to quit.  This ain't booze or cigs so I can quit anytime.

Well I think I can see what Rodimus is saying though. From a consequence standpoint, nothing really happened. The show benefits from it's constant cast turnover to create shock value so when Rick and Pete were going at it, I was darn well near expecting him to snap his neck at any moment.

I think the show does a great job at creating tension so I usually find myself on edge during the episodes. As for the season, I actually am enjoying it as a whole and am already engaged to the next season regardless of what happens in next week's finale. I'm a little miffed that characters are alluding to mild spoilers. Even though I would have guessed somebody was going to die, I would have just preferred to go through the episode without any confirmation beforehand. I don't really see how it helps to forewarn us.

Can't wait for next week's finale. It sucks that there's such a long break until the following season. I wonder if Morgan is finally going to catch up with the group? The guy was traveling by foot so I'm not expecting him to come into play until next season.

The "boring" comments always amuse me. What do you guys want out of the show and what does it take for it to not be considered "boring"?
Then let me ask you, what did you find exciting about last weeks episode? I explained why I found it a little boring in my last post but I'll elaborate. Sometimes the show has these episodes were nothing really happens and the story lays stagnant. Also it focused heavily on characters that I (personally) have little interest in like Sasha and Carl. Even the scenes with Rick brooding was just that.

With that said it wasn't a bad episode, but there's no doubt this wasn't one of the more riveting episodes of the series

Then let me ask you, what did you find exciting about last weeks episode? I explained why I found it a little boring in my last post but I'll elaborate. Sometimes the show has these episodes were nothing really happens and the story lays stagnant. Also it focused heavily on characters that I (personally) have little interest in like Sasha and Carl. Even the scenes with Rick brooding was just that.

With that said it wasn't a bad episode, but there's no doubt this wasn't one of the more riveting episodes of the series
I guess I just don't need to label every episode as "exciting" or "boring". Some are there to progress story and/or stir feelings about particular characters. If we didn't get these insights into characters like Pete or Nicholas or even Gabriel we wouldn't necessarily be able to discern if they're being treated fairly.

Honestly, part of me questioned if they were going to take the "abusive husband" angle and turn it into an illusion fueled by Carol's personal history and Rick's attraction to Jessie. Considering how outgoing her behavior was and how she never really dressed in a way to cover anything up, both my wife and I had a sneaking suspicion that Rick was going to kill Pete, find out he was actually innocent, and then realize he IS the bad that he was warning Deanna about.

To me, these episodes are all a part of the ride. Considering the overall length of the story, it just seems silly to nitpick episodes here and there. That would be like hating on a 5 minute section of a movie because it slowed down and let things breathe for a moment. How would you recognize the highs if there were never any lows?

And as for individual characters, I would hope you could acknowledge that that's a very personalized complaint. Eeverybody has their favorites. Some might like Sasha...and even Carl, haha.

There is no end to this story..no resolution or salvation for any of the characters.  If they kill off Rick the show will go on.  Or if they do kill Rick, then the real Rick wakes up and everything was just a fucking dream.

At least at the end of Season 1 you got a general sense of what the fuck is turning people into Walkers.  Since then there are no updates.  That's what I want from the damn show.... updates to what is happening in the rest of the world.  They are outside of DC......all they have to do is send some scouts and find out what the hell is going on with the government.

There is no end to this story..no resolution or salvation for any of the characters. If they kill off Rick the show will go on. Or if they do kill Rick, then the real Rick wakes up and everything was just a fucking dream.

At least at the end of Season 1 you got a general sense of what the fuck is turning people into Walkers. Since then there are no updates. That's what I want from the damn show.... updates to what is happening in the rest of the world. They are outside of DC......all they have to do is send some scouts and find out what the hell is going on with the government.
And that's where the spin-off comes in to play. From the last I read, it is taking place in a different location, starting before the main series when things go to shit (as opposed to Rick waking up after the shit has already hit the fan), but will eventually catch-up in the timeline. The current series is simply about trying to keep from dying.

I guess I just don't need to label every episode as "exciting" or "boring". Some are there to progress story and/or stir feelings about particular characters. If we didn't get these insights into characters like Pete or Nicholas or even Gabriel we wouldn't necessarily be able to discern if they're being treated fairly.

Honestly, part of me questioned if they were going to take the "abusive husband" angle and turn it into an illusion fueled by Carol's personal history and Rick's attraction to Jessie. Considering how outgoing her behavior was and how she never really dressed in a way to cover anything up, both my wife and I had a sneaking suspicion that Rick was going to kill Pete, find out he was actually innocent, and then realize he IS the bad that he was warning Deanna about.

To me, these episodes are all a part of the ride. Considering the overall length of the story, it just seems silly to nitpick episodes here and there. That would be like hating on a 5 minute section of a movie because it slowed down and let things breathe for a moment. How would you recognize the highs if there were never any lows?

And as for individual characters, I would hope you could acknowledge that that's a very personalized complaint. Eeverybody has their favorites. Some might like Sasha...and even Carl, haha.
Exactly. And as far as Sasha goes, I didn't care for her at first, but as a fan of the books, she's grown on me since she's basically become
Andrea, who is pretty much a bad-ass in the book.

#killCarl
But, but, but... he's about to get himself a piece of post-apocalyptic booty.

Carl is gonna get it in. Dolphin smooth.

---

I just watched the episode. I vaguely remember this storyline from the comics and I see how some characters have been switched around. I don't know that they can wrap up this arc in 90 minutes.  I haven't read far enough in the comic to know what the "W" means, but my Dad basically spoiled it for me...and a death of a character in the comics. I may have typed all of this last episode, I can't remember.

---

I thought the fight was fine. Probably most viewers figured Rick would snap his neck. I would have preferred an "imagined abuse" storyline too, but I'm sure the writers don't want to turn the audience against Rick. That's why they made it so Rick wasn't the aggressor. I guess they figure it makes a bigger impact if he starts out fine, then as the fight worsens he begins to go into survival mode. Rick even got her ok and she asked the husband to leave. So by all accounts Rick was merely defending himself.

---

I like NIN, but it felt out of place to me.

----

There were also "webisodes" that are on the bluray for season 1 or 2? That show other characters during the initial outbreak. They aren't too bad for what they are and they do tie some of the storylines together.

---

The only episode that I've ever found boring is the one where Rick was passed out on the couch for most of it.

---

I'll probably watch talking dead tomorrow or the next day. Though I'm not sure what they have to talk about...

Carl is gonna get it in. Dolphin smooth.

---

I just watched the episode. I vaguely remember this storyline from the comics and I see how some characters have been switched around. I don't know that they can wrap up this arc in 90 minutes. I haven't read far enough in the comic to know what the "W" means, but my Dad basically spoiled it for me...and a death of a character in the comics. I may have typed all of this last episode, I can't remember.

---

I thought the fight was fine. Probably most viewers figured Rick would snap his neck. I would have preferred an "imagined abuse" storyline too, but I'm sure the writers don't want to turn the audience against Rick. That's why they made it so Rick wasn't the aggressor. I guess they figure it makes a bigger impact if he starts out fine, then as the fight worsens he begins to go into survival mode. Rick even got her ok and she asked the husband to leave. So by all accounts Rick was merely defending himself.

---

I like NIN, but it felt out of place to me.

----

There were also "webisodes" that are on the bluray for season 1 or 2? That show other characters during the initial outbreak. They aren't too bad for what they are and they do tie some of the storylines together.

---

The only episode that I've ever found boring is the one where Rick was passed out on the couch for most of it.

---

I'll probably watch talking dead tomorrow or the next day. Though I'm not sure what they have to talk about...
Aw, come on. That episode was totally saved by Coral and his big ass can of pudding!

lol Coral

I have this mental image in my head whenever Rick screams, "Cooooooraaaaal!!!!" 

#neverforget

There is no end to this story..no resolution or salvation for any of the characters. If they kill off Rick the show will go on. Or if they do kill Rick, then the real Rick wakes up and everything was just a fucking dream.

At least at the end of Season 1 you got a general sense of what the fuck is turning people into Walkers. Since then there are no updates. That's what I want from the damn show.... updates to what is happening in the rest of the world. They are outside of DC......all they have to do is send some scouts and find out what the hell is going on with the government.
Like it was mentioned a spin off is coming. I believe it's taking place on the West Coast.

But if you're looking for closure I hate to disappoint but I can almost guarantee we're no where close to an ending. Considering the show's popularity and the comic is still ongoing.

As for the Season 1 CDC lab Kirkman says that was one of his biggest regrets. He thought it revealed too much too early. He says we wants WD to be a more self contained story and purposely doesn't show whats going on in the rest of the world.

Yeah, the "rest of the world" angle doesn't really bother me either because for the most part, I feel like it can be summed up pretty easily. What's going on in the rest of the world, you ask? THE SAME SHIT, lol.

I would imagine people are getting by ih the exact same ways that we've seen. Some remain loners, some form small groups, some hunker down and barricade themselves in, some stay on the move, some kill themselves, some help others, some hurt anyone who crosses their path. Other than just different settings, I really doubt the basic behaviors and beliefs people have are very different.

So, outside of seeing zombies on a boat, or zombies in Japan, I don't think things would play out much differently. Or at least that's what I've sussed out in my head when thinking about it.

Yeah, like I said before, this last episode better be the one that keeps me hooked on the show for season 6..  I will check out the spin off out of curiosity. 

Another thing (that sets it apart from other Zombie movies) Is we don't see the actual fall of humanity since Rick was in coma for what I think was a couple months. I think this helps to create the mystery and IMO a smart way to set up this new world. The audience learns with Rick. We're given hints through the debris and stories from survivors (most of whom have a hard time talking about it).

n8rockerasu brings up an interesting point. While I agree most of America is going through the same things, I wonder about countries like Japan who have a completely different culture than us (especially gun culture). With less guns is a country more or less safe in this sort of situation? A countries like Japan and Europe have castles with stone walls. Would these be used as bunkers? Just something to think about.

Another thing (that sets it apart from other Zombie movies) Is we don't see the actual fall of humanity since Rick was in coma for what I think was a couple months. I think this helps to create the mystery and IMO a smart way to set up this new world. The audience learns with Rick. We're given hints through the debris and stories from survivors (most of whom have a hard time talking about it).

n8rockerasu brings up an interesting point. While I agree most of America is going through the same things, I wonder about countries like Japan who have a completely different culture than us (especially gun culture). With less guns is a country more or less safe in this sort of situation? A countries like Japan and Europe have castles with stone walls. Would these be used as bunkers? Just something to think about.
To be fair, 28 Days Later did something similar, except you see the cause of the outbreak. But you don't witness the results of the start of the outbreak until Jim wakes up. In fact, Robert Kirkman has been questioned about the similarities and claims it was completely by accident.

http://www.quora.com/Did-Walking-Dead-rip-off-the-beginning-of-28-Days-Later-or-vice-versa

Japan?? pfff please..... They would deploy their entire AI mech force and set up a force field around the damn county so that no out could get in or out.

I think the only thing that would cause Rick to finally either go off the deep end or just kill himself is if Carl or Judith are killed off...since they can't do that (I still am kinda haunted about the other girl being killed off in season 2).  As for character development, right when a character starts getting interesting, they kill them off.

So they have officially announced the title of the prequel spin off...."Fear the Walking Dead"

Hmmm... Should we start a new thread for that show or just keep going with this thread taking about that show here since they won't air at the same time?

I really hope they take Daryl behind the shed and shoot him this week. It's time for him to go.
Made me think of this:

funny-Daryl-Dixon-Snickers-ad.jpg

Japan?? pfff please..... They would deploy their entire AI mech force and set up a force field around the damn county so that no out could get in or out.
Japan latest technological achievement was they sent a Teddy Ruxpin to the ISS to talk back to us. Or they could defend Japan with these monsters.

Well if the spoilers I came across for the finale are true 
they've just been getting people riled up for no reason as no one of title card importance dies.

They did end pretty much exactly where I expected them to this season. Leads them to easily use 
mass zombie break-in as the midseason finale next year. Maybe Carl will finally take a bullet to the face.
 I really hope they do that.

I liked the episode. Even though the episode was longer, they still did a good job of building up the suspense towards the very end. I thought the amount of tease for season 6 was perfect. Not too much, but enough to get a sense of the new danger out there.

Even though nobody died of real consequence, I thought it was fine for the show to avoid the major character death. I think it's a bad precedent for the show to kill somebody off every mid-season and season finale. Everybody will start expecting it and then it becomes predictable and almost formulaic. So when Glenn and Nick were fighting, I wasn't sure which way it was going to go and feel it adds to the tension more when the ending is unpredictable. I thought it was cool to see Morgan finally rejoin the group. Morgan seems more like a peacemaker now though. I wonder if that's going to conflict with the way guys like Rick go about their business so that may be a thing next season. Father Gabriel is just dead weight now. It's really easy to hate this guy. Rick had a nice speech at the end. Deanna is now all in.

I liked it. Sucks we have to till October for more Walking Dead. At least we have the spin off to look forward to.

Morgan became Jackie Chan in like 2 minutes. Where did he learn that Dynasty Warriors staff skill? I can imagine him and Michonne teaming up and being the ultimate close combat duo.

My prediction was half right. I was totally expecting zombies to break into Alexandria during the meeting but at a much larger scale. Rick would show up and defend the community proving he's the baddass they need. And I have no idea what direction Sasha is going in. I've said it before but I really think she's pointless and just counting the episodes till she's killed off.

Well, between Michonne and Morgan, we now have half of the Ninja Turtles. Based on that, I completely expect this to be the new surprise character for next season:
54468602.jpg

So stupid early remarks about the finale said the last episode will piss you off and there will be lots of tears.............over who or what?!??!!?

What is Morgan's arrival going to do for the show?

I just watched the finale. It was kinda meh, but I am glad they didn't
kill off anyone important. So the old guy and the abuser died. That was it though right? Red poncho guy too, I guess.

I've been reading the comics and I got to the death that had already been spoiled for me. I have the next 2 or 3 trades to read and I will be current (on the trades).

I liked the season finale.  I sort of hate the ones that end on super cliffhangers or crazy deaths.  This one just set up a lot of interesting things that might come next season. 

Yea, I was a bit confused on Norman Reedus saying you'd need tissues for what happens.    I half expected him and the other guy to go all "brokeback mountain" during their recruit trip and the tissues would be for non-crying purposes.

Yea, I was a bit confused on Norman Reedus saying you'd need tissues for what happens. I half expected him and the other guy to go all "brokeback mountain" during their recruit trip and the tissues would be for non-crying purposes.
I see I wasn't the only one getting that vibe.

Are the "W" guys in the comics? I finished the
negan storyline
, but I don't remember reading about them.

Are the "W" guys in the comics? I finished the
negan storyline
, but I don't remember reading about them.
No, they seem to be completely original to the show. Unless they're in some way attached to Negan, but I don't think so.

My guess is they're in there to show the rest of Alexandria that they need Rick n' crew in order to survive, cementing that debate forever. Just like Terminus I'm sure they're going to mop the floor with this "W" gang.

No, they seem to be completely original to the show. Unless they're in some way attached to Negan, but I don't think so.

My guess is they're in there to show the rest of Alexandria that they need Rick n' crew in order to survive, cementing that debate forever. Just like Terminus I'm sure they're going to mop the floor with this "W" gang.
Technically, they were in the comics, but known as the Scavengers instead of the Wolves. Their appearance matches up with the events in the book as well.

The name, the Wolves, from what people are suggesting as a reference to the Scavengers leader Derek in the book. When he's outside the gates, he says "Little pig, little pig, let me in", an obvious a reference to the Big Bad Wolf, hence them naming the group in the show The Wolves.

Negan doesn't make an appearance for another 20 or so issues afterwards, but I'd think he will be arriving in the show by the end of next season.

I don't remember that storyline at all, but I must have read it.

Is it bad that Negan reminds me of myself in my early 20s? lol  Except I only swear to make a point, where he stops swearing to make a point.

It will be interesting to see who they cast for him.
He looks like Henry Rollins, but I could see someone like Jon Hamm playing him (though they will probably use an unknown). They would need an actor that can be funny and menacing (like rollins in the liar video).

Oh and morgan is either
becoming Jesus or met Jesus to have those staff skills. Sasha is Andrea. The chick that fell from the bulldozer bucket is Holly (not sure if they used the same name on the show). They have to do the Carl storyline. I have a feeling the wolves will be negans guys that are at an outpost.

I'm sure a new thread will come about, for the time being I'll just bump this..

I thought tonight's episode was pretty good.  Definitely a holy shit scene at the quarry.

My biggest gripe is
that someone had to have known about that machinery dealer nearby, which had a tractor with an auger on the back of it.  They could have had those walls up in no time using that instead of have everyone digging post holes by hand.  

And I officially dub this episode "Ethan Embry's Brief Foray Back Into Mainstream Media" or "Eugene Meets his Soul Mate in the Hair Game."  

Eugene Meets his Soul Mate in the Hair Game has a much better ring to it. Don't underestimate the mullet.

bread's done
Back