Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

I don't read the comics so I don't know how close they are to the source material for the Alexandria storyline but I thought the way they set up season 6 was really cool.  I wasn't thinking about the story arc during my viewing so I didn't think it was going to end up THAT way.  Pretty cool.  My guess is

that nobody intentionally set off the alarm.  Somebody accidentally sets it off stumbling across something.  Doesn't seem to make sense why anybody from the community would want to screw up the whole plan.  If anything, aside from the crew running it, everybody else was under the impression it was going to be a dry run.  My guess for the next major character death is Glenn.  They're setting him up as another guy "too good to survive in the apocalypse."

Loved the season premier. I like how they confuse you at first but fill in the gaps with the black & white flashbacks. Great start to the season

Heath casting is perfect. Totally looks the part.

I don't read the comics so I don't know how close they are to the source material for the Alexandria storyline but I thought the way they set up season 6 was really cool. I wasn't thinking about the story arc during my viewing so I didn't think it was going to end up THAT way. Pretty cool. My guess is

that nobody intentionally set off the alarm. Somebody accidentally sets it off stumbling across something. Doesn't seem to make sense why anybody from the community would want to screw up the whole plan. If anything, aside from the crew running it, everybody else was under the impression it was going to be a dry run. My guess for the next major character death is Glenn. They're setting him up as another guy "too good to survive in the apocalypse."
I want to know which black man is going to get killed off next, since we now have Heath, in addition to Morgan and Gabriel. About the horn,
I'm pretty sure it's related to the Wolves. Being as close as they are to Alexandria, I bet they knew about and had plans for the quarry full of walkers and Rick's crew screwed them. What better way to say fuck you than just drawing the whole mega herd to their home?

I don't read the comics so I don't know how close they are to the source material for the Alexandria storyline but I thought the way they set up season 6 was really cool. I wasn't thinking about the story arc during my viewing so I didn't think it was going to end up THAT way. Pretty cool. My guess is

that nobody intentionally set off the alarm. Somebody accidentally sets it off stumbling across something. Doesn't seem to make sense why anybody from the community would want to screw up the whole plan. If anything, aside from the crew running it, everybody else was under the impression it was going to be a dry run. My guess for the next major character death is Glenn. They're setting him up as another guy "too good to survive in the apocalypse."
i took it as the wolves found out someone let all of their zombie friends out of the semi trap. They seen the pictures so they knew the place was near so they just set off the alarm to get the herd to attack the town

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit.....having a 4 month old really makes the DVR work over time and even with that there is little time to catch up on stuff........My wife and I have barely seen the new episode........and I don't want to watch it while the baby is awake...

Shit.....having a 4 month old really makes the DVR work over time and even with that there is little time to catch up on stuff........My wife and I have barely seen the new episode........and I don't want to watch it while the baby is awake...
At four months old, the baby won't have a clue what is going on on-screen. Feel free to watch away!

I understand how you feel. Even if what she sees on screen doesn't register I would feel uncomfortable too.

talking about babies  do you ever think we would ever see  a   pregnant lady   ever loose a  baby  while  pregnant and not knowing the baby died,  the baby then eats its  way out of the living mother or you think that   is just  too  wrong to ever see  ( i know you will never see that on  basic cable but wondering if that ever happened in any of the zombie movies) 

talking about babies do you ever think we would ever see a pregnant lady ever loose a baby while pregnant and not knowing the baby died, the baby then eats its way out of the living mother or you think that is just too wrong to ever see ( i know you will never see that on basic cable but wondering if that ever happened in any of the zombie movies)
This is pretty extreme but interesting topic. If life begins at conception wouldn't all miscarriages turn into mini zombies in the belly?

Last nights episode was a bit strange. The sudden attack on Alexandria came out of nowhere. And the nonchalant attitude of Carl and the rest of the crew seemed odd. I still liked it.

How did Morgan get back to the community so much faster than the rest of the gang?  I thought he was helping Rick and Michonne move the herd down the highway from last week's episode?  I like how Carol is Mary Poppins one minute and then Rambo the next.  She's bad ass.  Seems ominous about what Morgan didn't do this week.  I'm curious who taught him the bo skills.  I thought it was a well written scene when he told Gabriel that he was "not very good with them (guns)." The kid (Ron?) looks like the guy from inFamous: SS.  emo kid that deserves to eat it (literally) one day.  Still want to see Carl dead at some point but I know that's a pipedream.  Who knows maybe the show will deviate and do exactly that one day.  Seems like the decision to keep the baby alive is just one that is going to be tough to address at one point or another.  I think they shoulda just went with the comics at the end of the prison scene.  And is Sasha back to normal or is she and Abraham both on the deep end?  My guess is something's going to happen to either (or both) of them.

How did Morgan get back to the community so much faster than the rest of the gang? I thought he was helping Rick and Michonne move the herd down the highway from last week's episode? I like how Carol is Mary Poppins one minute and then Rambo the next. She's bad ass. Seems ominous about what Morgan didn't do this week. I'm curious who taught him the bo skills. I thought it was a well written scene when he told Gabriel that he was "not very good with them (guns)." The kid (Ron?) looks like the guy from inFamous: SS. emo kid that deserves to eat it (literally) one day. Still want to see Carl dead at some point but I know that's a pipedream. Who knows maybe the show will deviate and do exactly that one day. Seems like the decision to keep the baby alive is just one that is going to be tough to address at one point or another. I think they shoulda just went with the comics at the end of the prison scene. And is Sasha back to normal or is she and Abraham both on the deep end? My guess is something's going to happen to either (or both) of them.
When Rick put Carter down, he told Morgan to head back to town - this was before the whole zombie parade went to shit.

And I'm pretty sure both Sasha and Abraham are back to themselves, but that is usually a bad sign...

Book spoiler:

And it's about this point in the books when Abraham gets taken out

what did that one person say  when he woke up  after being knocked out, then carol kills him.  Though said something about a trap  really need to go back and watch it again

what did that one person say when he woke up after being knocked out, then carol kills him. Though said something about a trap really need to go back and watch it again
I just rewatched that scene and he said:

We're freeing you. You're trapped. Your people don't belong here anymore
It's probably something their leader brainwashed them into thinking, that the slaughter of other humans was humane. Very cult-like.

Still want to see Carl dead at some point but I know that's a pipedream. Who knows maybe the show will deviate and do exactly that one day. Seems like the decision to keep the baby alive is just one that is going to be tough to address at one point or another.
Carl is growing on me. He's not some angst kid anymore, he's part of the "group of survivors". He'll show the kids how things work.

Carl is growing on me. He's not some angst kid anymore, he's part of the "group of survivors". He'll show the kids how things work.
was over at my parents house last weekend watching the show and they go, You ever notice you never see any Children zombies. Whats up with that.

I've noticed that too. I think I remember only 2, the 1st one was a little girl that Rick put down in the pilot esp. Then Sophia at the farm.

was over at my parents house last weekend watching the show and they go, You ever notice you never see any Children zombies. Whats up with that.
Does it really need to be said why there's no children zombies? It's cable and they can't really show a kid getting hacked up (even if it is a zombie). Kinda why there's no kids in GTA. That shit don't fly.

But there was the little girl in the season 1 promo, Govoner's daughter & Carol's daughter. And even though they didn't turn there are the sisters from last season.

When Rick put Carter down, he told Morgan to head back to town - this was before the whole zombie parade went to shit.

And I'm pretty sure both Sasha and Abraham are back to themselves, but that is usually a bad sign...

Book spoiler:
And it's about this point in the books when Abraham gets taken out
Ah, yes I forgot about that part with Morgan. Thanks. Good recall there bud.

The children stuff is a certain line that they're very careful not to cross often. As a parent myself, it becomes disturbing whenever you see anything bad happen to kids. It's this paternal instinct that just switches on all of a sudden. So we'll rarely see the child zombie stuff. Even when the two girls were killed it was a disturbing episode on an emotional level to have to see. I actually watch the Talking Dead to catch any good facts/info from the episode that wasn't clear. Is it worth watching this week or should I just skip it entirely? In light of the recent show developments, do you guys think Negan will arrive this season?

Does it really need to be said why there's no children zombies? It's cable and they can't really show a kid getting hacked up (even if it is a zombie). Kinda why there's no kids in GTA. That shit don't fly.

But there was the little girl in the season 1 promo, Govoner's daughter & Carol's daughter. And even though they didn't turn there are the sisters from last season.
well even in the semi holding that one group back there was no children in that group, they dont need to show rick killing them off i mean even if its flash back or showing major groups of them walking around you never see them, only thing i can think of is maybe the eat the entire child like they did with rick's wife

i mean if carol can shooting that one girl in the head (lizzie) not sure why that wouldnt be worse then allowing children to walk in the street

I think it's just as simple as they don't want too many kids in a violent TV show.

As Donut said it strikes a cord with parents and I cerently don't want to see a child (living or undead) suffer in this kind of environment. Even the episode with the sisters was pushing it.

I'm legit pissed and sad. I accidentally read the spoilers before the episode, then saw the fucking Dumpster and knew that was it for Glenn. So pissed Glenn went out like that, especially because of that fucking Nicholas who he tried to forgive for getting Noah killed.

Now apparently they are trying to make it seem like Glenn survived somehow. (It kinda looked like Nicholas fell ontop on Glenn). He wasnt on the Memoriam on Talking Dead, and that stupid letter from Gimple that was trying to explain why he's still credited on the show until next year.

How fucking hilarious (And trolly) would it be for them to bring Glenn back somehow, only for him to get Lucille'd promptly afterwards.

Want to use spoiler tags! Some people on the west coast hasn't seen the esp yet.
Shit, anyone on the west coast is f'ed, because simply googling "walking dead" brings up the big spoiler.

That said, what happened to Rick's hand? I missed the first airing and the opening on the second airing.

Shit, anyone on the west coast is f'ed, because simply googling "walking dead" brings up the big spoiler.

That said, what happened to Rick's hand? I missed the first airing and the opening on the second airing.
He cut it when he was stabbing the walkers on the road.

They mentioned on Talking Dead that that could be hinting at what happened in the books, but we'll see.

Pretty much, but pulling this off in the long run for a TV show's main character is going to be a hell of a task...
Yeah, I put this out of my mind so long ago that I'd almost forgotten about it. Will be interesting if they follow through.

Really curious to see if
Glen's
death sticks. I get the strong impression he's not out of the game yet, but I'm gonna need to see a damn convincing escape for that to sit right with me.

Yeah, I put this out of my mind so long ago that I'd almost forgotten about it. Will be interesting if they follow through.

Really curious to see if
Glen's
death sticks. I get the strong impression he's not out of the game yet, but I'm gonna need to see a damn convincing escape for that to sit right with me.
I know what you mean...

The theory that Nicholas landed on Glenn sounds good on the surface, but once they eat through him they're not just going to stop digging. Nothing short of a miracle is going to save Glenn.

And too bad we're going to have to probably wait another two weeks for confirmation, as it looks like next week is the Morgan "How to become a badass during the zombie apocalypse" flashback episode.

Pretty much, but pulling this off in the long run for a TV show's main character is going to be a hell of a task...
lol i looked this up online when i had more time, when you said pretty much i though you meant like his hand was going to become alive and start poking people in the eyes and stuff like that :)

Dont know why his hand would turn i mean people get zombie blood all over them all the time. Also if get blood on your cuts wouldnt that chic with the sword turned into a zombie long time ago, i mean didnt she soak herself in zombie blood so they would never smell her.

maybe someone pulled him under the dumpster.. also why his his guts coming out of his chest lol .. Also why do they shoot the zombies yet when someone is getting chew on they just stand their and let them suffer i mean they could very easy killed the dude when he was being ate alive

I'm also a little suspicious on Glenn's death. It was shot in a way that you don't actually see them eating off his body. So I'm sticking by the theory that Nic's body feel on top of Glenn and he some how sneaks away.

I'm also a little suspicious on Glenn's death. It was shot in a way that you don't actually see them eating off his body. So I'm sticking by the theory that Nic's body feel on top of Glenn and he some how sneaks away.
I just don't know how they're going to pull it off without pissing people off with TV magic. They are surrounded on all sides and, like I said above, those walkers aren't going to just stop ripping into flesh as long as Glen is underneath. Believe me, I want him to make it through, but I don't know how they're going to make it happen.

lol i looked this up online when i had more time, when you said pretty much i though you meant like his hand was going to become alive and start poking people in the eyes and stuff like that :)

Dont know why his hand would turn i mean people get zombie blood all over them all the time. Also if get blood on your cuts wouldnt that chic with the sword turned into a zombie long time ago, i mean didnt she soak herself in zombie blood so they would never smell her.

maybe someone pulled him under the dumpster.. also why his his guts coming out of his chest lol .. Also why do they shoot the zombies yet when someone is getting chew on they just stand their and let them suffer i mean they could very easy killed the dude when he was being ate alive
Everyone is already infected. It only becomes active once you're dead.

Everyone is already infected. It only becomes active once you're dead.
But zombie guts in a gaping wound really hasn't been discussed. Would that cause a fatal infection like a bite? I guess we'll just have to wait and see, or will they be proactive and give him the chop?

Since my wife was feeding the baby downstairs I was watching the show upstairs and she knew something was up when I said........."OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!"

Came downstairs and told her they just killed a main character..............her first guess was the right one...............damn...

but I do suspect that he is not dead and the producers pulled a trick on us...

But zombie guts in a gaping wound really hasn't been discussed. Would that cause a fatal infection like a bite? I guess we'll just have to wait and see, or will they be proactive and give him the chop?
Or even geting some zombie blood in your mouth. They sure yell alot when attacking zombies so I'm sure a couple spurts make it's way into their mouths.

Glenn is dead. Accept it.
The sooner you deal with it the better. It was really only a matter of time.

I'm still not over what happened to
Glenn
in the comic though. That shit still gives me the shudders. One of the most brutal and gut wrenching scenes I've ever seen in a comic that I wish I could un-see.

Now that I've had some time to process it all.  I do believe that Glenn is dead.  I feel like the writers would be trolling us if they somehow made it that Glenn escaped.  The visual was enough to send the message he was dead.  I think the general audience would be pissed if they felt trolled. 

The fan theory out there that believes he is still alive point out that the angle of the shot with Nicolas on top only verified that Nick was being torn apart but I think the directing was done intentionally to not show any more than that since they drew a line with how graphic Noah's death was.   They might have thought it was too much doing it to Glenn.  The only survival theory out there is Glenn would have to roll under the dumpster.  I'm on the side with sp00ge here that there's isn't anywhere for him to go.  Guy is completely surrounded.  As for the statement from showrunner Scott Gimple, he mentioned we'd see more of Glenn to "complete the story."  I might be focusing too much on the words here but it sounds more about closure than some escape scene.  If he is dead, the group doesn't know about it yet and they'll want to confirm that.  I'm guessing they show some sort of confirmation death with Herschel's watch so people like Maggie won't be left wondering.  But yeah I really hope they don't make us wait beyond next week's episode to confirm his fate.  Technically, this is all Morgan's fault if you think about it.

Glenn is dead. Accept it.
The sooner you deal with it the better. It was really only a matter of time.

Glenn
in the comic though. That shit still gives me the shudders. One of the most brutal and gut wrenching scenes I've ever seen in a comic that I wish I could un-see.
Same here, but the scene that almost made me stop reading was during the prison raid,
when Lori and the baby were both offed in a single shotgun blast. It takes a lot to get to me, and that scene somehow did it.
I put my tablet down after that and didn't pick it up to read any more for a few days.

Glenn
Same here. I actually got a little sick to my stomach after reading that issue.

I may be in denial but I still have hope Glenn is alive. Until I see Negan smash his head in with Lucille I can't except his death. Sorry. But that also leaves the question if Negan is around the corner and Glenn is dead, who's beloved character to bite it?

if you never  read the comics is it worth buying the 3   compendium for  100 ?   Is that all you would have to buy..Hopefully major sale at  christmas or thanksgiving

Didn't know there were 3 compendiums now. I'd recomend going to libraries in your area and seeing if you can check them out for free. But if you want to own them $100 sounds like an Amazon price. Not bad, but there might be a better deal this holiday season. Who knows

Didn't know there were 3 compendiums now. I'd recomend going to libraries in your area and seeing if you can check them out for free. But if you want to own them $100 sounds like an Amazon price. Not bad, but there might be a better deal this holiday season. Who knows
yea the 3rd just hit around oct 13 amazon said

bread's done
Back