Walking Dead Season 6: Walkers be walking

It's going to run throughout season 6. Somebody in that special is going to show up in Season 2 of Fear the Walking Dead.
so it will not return until feb then why do i think that one black dude started the entire plauge thing he was like i was waiting for this or something like didnt he

Last edited by a moderator:
so it will not return until feb then why do i think that one black dude started the entire plauge thing he was like i was waiting for this or something like didnt he
If you're talking about that drug dealer, he wasn't the first walker. He was the first turned walker on the show only. They already had walkers eating in the very first church scene in the series premiere so they've avoided the whole armageddon explanation. The creators have said they don't see themselves ever really getting into the origin. It's supposed to stay mysterious.

If you're talking about that drug dealer, he wasn't the first walker. He was the first turned walker on the show only. They already had walkers eating in the very first church scene in the series premiere so they've avoided the whole armageddon explanation. The creators have said they don't see themselves ever really getting into the origin. It's supposed to stay mysterious.
no the dude who owns the boat

Mark it on the calender, because for once I agree with slidecage.

That guy was surprisingly calm and level headed considering everything going on. He knows something.

If he knows something why was he in that prison in the first place? Wouldn't he know better than to get himself trapped?

cause cops hate black people .......

really though maybe he was stealing stuff (like food and water) to get to the boat....
So he's got a glorious mansion by the ocean with a boat, but no food or water? Besides he had food in his house if I remember. Still not sure why he was originally locked up. He seemed like a really smart guy so it can't be for something stupid like stealing.

But didn't they lock up anyone they thought to be a threat?  Some were perceived to be potentially infected (drug addict Nick, for example), but why were some of the others there?  Did Strand intentionally get himself locked up?  How did he get the key?   There's still too much mystery around the guy to dismiss any possibility of him knowing at least a little something about what's going on.

Didn't he trade his watch or cufflinks to get the key? But I agree that Strand knew something that made him a threat. Or maybe he killed someone. 

So he's got a glorious mansion by the ocean with a boat, but no food or water? Besides he had food in his house if I remember. Still not sure why he was originally locked up. He seemed like a really smart guy so it can't be for something stupid like stealing.
Do we even know if that is His house or boat maybe he worked at the lab that made the virus... Maybe he is a master hacker and though hell it would be best to be locked up instead of being out with the zombies . then when he saw that go to hell he made his way back to the house... How it sounds they dont even make it to the boat at all in season 2 Talk about draging that out

It's just the way he talks & carries himself, plus with his expensive attire it's not hard to believe he's high class.

I haven't read the thread. I just got though the 3rd episode of season 6. A few thoughts with spoilers. Do not open the spoiler unless you want to be spoiled.

Ok.

1) That girl should have salmonella from eating a raw turtle.

2) Why not just secure, then napalm the quarry?

3) I don't think those were glen's guts being ripped out. the other guy was on top of him. The problem is, if Glenn survives it would have been impossible in that situation for him to do so.

4) Rick shooting through the rv wall was one of the smarter things a character has done.

5) Why didn't glen and that dude head up the fire escape or jump in the dumpster?

6) Why didn't Michonne and the others put their own guy out of his misery instead of watching him get torn apart?

Those are my initial thoughts. I'll read the thread after I finish the first part of the season.

I could answer some of those questions but it's better you wait.

But the turtle eating thing was weird. You would defiantly get sick doing that.

And I also thought about setting fire to the quarry. It just seems like they're doing things the hard way.

I am caught up.

and comic spoiler

Figured Glenn wasn't dead. Too important of a character to let him go out like that. I think he may still get killed by the end of the season, since people have already mourned.

I found it a little ridiculous that the walkers overwhelmed Rick's group so quickly in the open. I understand rick was trying to get people into their homes, but Maggie shouldn't have been overcome by them. Maybe Maggie will be the "person trapped in the tower" so to speak. I can't remember if it was spencer or andrea in the comics.

I have a feeling that rocket launcher and the gas truck are going to be utilized. Hopefully to take out Negans guys that stopped them on the road. It could also be used if another group takes over Alexandria or to break in to Negans place.

Rick has a hatchet. Hopefully Alexandra B. (actress) doesn't have her comic fate.

The medic will probably be walker food/human shield.

That greenhouse death was weak. Poor pixie girl.

I noticed the invincible toys, but IDK if those were out yet when TWD started to take place :p

In theory, some of them could have stayed upstairs. They could barricade the bedroom and the kids could be locked in the closet. It is a narrow hallway, so you could pick off the walkers one at a time. Even if the pushed through, you could head out the window. The walkers would just fall out of it. No reason for anyone other than Michonne and maybe Rick to attempt to go to the armory.

No Aaron, Heath, or Arron's Bf updates I guess.

I was hoping Eugene would try to talk the women into sex, eventhough one is involved and the other a lesbian. :lol:  "It seems to me at this juncture that it would be best to utilize our limited time to engage in a sexual distraction, so we may clear our heads to come up with a solution to our current conundrum. I will not participate in any more than a voyeuristic sense."

The finale was more of a set up than anything. Shit is going down on 2-14-16.

I haven't read the thread. I just got though the 3rd episode of season 6. A few thoughts with spoilers. Do not open the spoiler unless you want to be spoiled.

Ok.

1) That girl should have salmonella from eating a raw turtle.

2) Why not just secure, then napalm the quarry?

3) I don't think those were glen's guts being ripped out. the other guy was on top of him. The problem is, if Glenn survives it would have been impossible in that situation for him to do so.

4) Rick shooting through the rv wall was one of the smarter things a character has done.

5) Why didn't glen and that dude head up the fire escape or jump in the dumpster?

6) Why didn't Michonne and the others put their own guy out of his misery instead of watching him get torn apart?

Those are my initial thoughts. I'll read the thread after I finish the first part of the season.
they never kill someone who is being chewed on .dont ask me why llol

I am caught up.

and comic spoiler

Figured Glenn wasn't dead. Too important of a character to let him go out like that. I think he may still get killed by the end of the season, since people have already mourned.

I found it a little ridiculous that the walkers overwhelmed Rick's group so quickly in the open. I understand rick was trying to get people into their homes, but Maggie shouldn't have been overcome by them. Maybe Maggie will be the "person trapped in the tower" so to speak. I can't remember if it was spencer or andrea in the comics.

I have a feeling that rocket launcher and the gas truck are going to be utilized. Hopefully to take out Negans guys that stopped them on the road. It could also be used if another group takes over Alexandria or to break in to Negans place.

Rick has a hatchet. Hopefully Alexandra B. (actress) doesn't have her comic fate.

The medic will probably be walker food/human shield.

That greenhouse death was weak. Poor pixie girl.

I noticed the invincible toys, but IDK if those were out yet when TWD started to take place :p

In theory, some of them could have stayed upstairs. They could barricade the bedroom and the kids could be locked in the closet. It is a narrow hallway, so you could pick off the walkers one at a time. Even if the pushed through, you could head out the window. The walkers would just fall out of it. No reason for anyone other than Michonne and maybe Rick to attempt to go to the armory.

No Aaron, Heath, or Arron's Bf updates I guess.

I was hoping Eugene would try to talk the women into sex, eventhough one is involved and the other a lesbian. :lol: "It seems to me at this juncture that it would be best to utilize our limited time to engage in a sexual distraction, so we may clear our heads to come up with a solution to our current conundrum. I will not participate in any more than a voyeuristic sense."

The finale was more of a set up than anything. Shit is going down on 2-14-16.
$50 says Abraham replaces Glenn at the joint conference with Negan and Lucille. He finally found peace with everything, and in the book he was already dead in a less than dramatic fashion. I seriously doubt they're going to kill of Glenn now. They already deal with the fake death/mourning/etc, and then to actually kill him off a few episodes later would be a big fuck you to the fans.

$50 says Abraham replaces Glenn at the joint conference with Negan and Lucille. He finally found peace with everything, and in the book he was already dead in a less than dramatic fashion. I seriously doubt they're going to kill of Glenn now. They already deal with the fake death/mourning/etc, and then to actually kill him off a few episodes later would be a big fuck you to the fans.
I agree. I think Glenn is here to stay after they already trolled us with his fake death. I remember watching the Talking Dead after that episode and everyone just looked so heartbroken. I think the next big deaths will be either Abraham or Sasha. And the milf with her kids are as good as gone.

Should we distinguish between comic book spoilers and TV spoilers? For example, I'm caught up with the show but I haven't read the books :(

That's a good point and we should be more careful about it. But right now at this point in the story shit really starts hitting the fan and it's hard not to compare it to the comics. Open spoilers at your discretion. But if anything the show isn't following the comic to the tee.

Yeah, I'd say that the show follows the comic VERY loosely, so on the brightside, there isn't much spoiled if you only follow one of them unlike GoT.

That said, I'll start tagging my spoilers if it's from the book or show. I'd hate to spoil it for people since it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

So I just marathoned the 5.5 seasons of Hell on Wheels. Kinda disappointed it is cancelled, but it will be nice when they finish the series this summer. You guys should watch it if you are looking for something to fill the gap before TWD comes back on.

I enjoyed the mid season premiere. Already setting up major events. I have a feeling that last nights zombie clearing will be one of the last major zombies fights for a while. It's going to be a hard one to top. And also without spoiling anything I see it's a little more back on track with the comics, doing something I didn't fully expect them to do in the show.

Holy crap this new episode was intense. I think I felt just about every range of emotion while watching. So good.
I agree. Best episode in a long time. The opening scene, I just busted out laughing uncontrollably
when Negan's gang unexpectedly exploded. It was such a "what the fuck?!" kind of thing. It's a shame they killed off the leader of that group, though; he seemed like he would have been a fun character to have around for awhile.

As someone that read the comics...
I can't say I was surprised by anything in this episode. The rocket launcher was predictable (I may have even said it in this thread). I wish they would have made the mom's death more like the comics. The only surprise was that Rick let Judith go with the priest. Even the gasoline pit was predictable, though I wouldn't have done it in the water supply. I would have burned down that house outside of the compound.

It was entertaining because it paid off/gave closure to some of the storylines, but the whole zombie slaughter was unrealistic. I understand why it was done, but they should have lost someone in the scuffle. They would have been tripping over the bodies at some point.

As someone that read the comics...
I can't say I was surprised by anything in this episode. The rocket launcher was predictable (I may have even said it in this thread). I wish they would have made the mom's death more like the comics. The only surprise was that Rick let Judith go with the priest. Even the gasoline pit was predictable, though I wouldn't have done it in the water supply. I would have burned down that house outside of the compound.

It was entertaining because it paid off/gave closure to some of the storylines, but the whole zombie slaughter was unrealistic. I understand why it was done, but they should have lost someone in the scuffle. They would have been tripping over the bodies at some point.
They're pretty much saying "Zombies don't mean shit anymore."I can see zombies taking a back seat with more human vs human scuffles.
Which essentially what happens in the comic at this point anyways

I realized something with Sam's scene
This is the first child being killed on-screen in TWD. They've had zombie girls like Sofia (which you never see how she turned, and the sisters but all of it was off-screen or cut away from. Sam and his brother I think are the first children killed on screen. Am I wrong and missing someone?

They're pretty much saying "Zombies don't mean shit anymore."I can see zombies taking a back seat with more human vs human scuffles.
Which essentially what happens in the comic at this point anyways

This is the first child being killed on-screen in TWD. They've had zombie girls like Sofia (which you never see how she turned, and the sisters but all of it was off-screen or cut away from. Sam and his brother I think are the first children killed on screen. Am I wrong and missing someone?
Sam
Yeah. I think the only reason they could show it is because it was a "non human" act of violence. I'm guessing though.

Honestly, I could go without watching the rest of the season. They did such a good job of wrapping it up. There is no way the Negan story line is going to be done within 7 episodes or whatever they have left. Based on the scope of the comics it seems like it would be at least a full season for the storyline to play out.

I think if I hadn't read the comics, I would have thought what happened in the episode was more of an impact. I remember being shocked when reading the comics.

There's still some major stuff that needs to be touched on before we get to Negan
Mainly the introduction of Hilltop and Jesus
Negan's arc was one of much larger arcs in the comics and could easily fill 2 seasons by itself. I think the rest of this season will be a build up to Negan.

Sam
Yeah. I think the only reason they could show it is because it was a "non human" act of violence. I'm guessing though.

Honestly, I could go without watching the rest of the season. They did such a good job of wrapping it up. There is no way the Negan story line is going to be done within 7 episodes or whatever they have left. Based on the scope of the comics it seems like it would be at least a full season for the storyline to play out.

I think if I hadn't read the comics, I would have thought what happened in the episode was more of an impact. I remember being shocked when reading the comics.
i thought that i read somewhere that negan shows up at the end of the season . Found last night boring i mean right if you take a gun shot to the head your not going to die. Carl would be dead within a few days with no meds to fight infection. Still think darly is going to turn into a zombie now cause he got cut

TV spoiler
Yeah Sam's death was the only on screen death for a kid. Being a parent, it was a little unsettling to see it so I was so distracted with it that when Jessie was next, I wasn't so much as preoccupied with her actual death scene as much as just absorbing the fact that she had to watch her baby get eaten alive in front of her. So as much as I found Sam to be the intentionally annoying child and Jessie to be the likable character, Jessie's death didn't seem to hit me as much as her son's. Having never read the comics, I thought that was Carl's death scene too for a brief minute there. After awhile I had a feeling he was going to survive after all since the Governor had the eye patch look.

i thought that i read somewhere that negan shows up at the end of the season . Found last night boring i mean right if you take a gun shot to the head your not going to die. Carl would be dead within a few days with no meds to fight infection. Still think darly is going to turn into a zombie now cause he got cut
They have meds in the infirmary. That's how the Wolf started recovering, Morgan bringing it to him. Plus, they explained how
the wound was created to show that the deflected to the outside of his skull, only damaging his eye and side of his head, which is not a guaranteed death sentence.

Yeah I think it was someone accidentally driving into a live set. I haven't had a chance to watch talking dead yet. Probably get to it tomorrow, since xfiles and Lucifer are on tonight.

They have meds in the infirmary. That's how the Wolf started recovering, Morgan bringing it to him. Plus, they explained how
the wound was created to show that the deflected to the outside of his skull, only damaging his eye and side of his head, which is not a guaranteed death sentence.
still though i doubt they would have meds to treat an infection like that would have. Let alone someone to treat it. Carl has to be one lucky sob. Shot in the woods and boom someone there who could save him.. shot in the head and once again someone is just there to save them. Just saying in a world like that they would not make it more then a few days

TV spoiler
Yeah Sam's death was the only on screen death for a kid. Being a parent, it was a little unsettling to see it so I was so distracted with it that when Jessie was next, I wasn't so much as preoccupied with her actual death scene as much as just absorbing the fact that she had to watch her baby get eaten alive in front of her. So as much as I found Sam to be the intentionally annoying child and Jessie to be the likable character, Jessie's death didn't seem to hit me as much as her son's. Having never read the comics, I thought that was Carl's death scene too for a brief minute there. After awhile I had a feeling he was going to survive after all since the Governor had the eye patch look.
they need more of the dead rising watch tower zombies lol like they would ever get past on normal cable. zombie walking around with one of those baby things where they carry them on their chest... zombie ate the babies head off cause all you see is the body of the child in the carrier

Yeah I think it was someone accidentally driving into a live set. I haven't had a chance to watch talking dead yet. Probably get to it tomorrow, since xfiles and Lucifer are on tonight.
Yeah, on talking dead, they said it was a pretty elaborate explosion. I doubt they had enough extra explosives and body doubles to do a reshoot, since it was almost unnoticeable, and just went with what they had. Or possibly they didn't even notice it themselves.

still though i doubt they would have meds to treat an infection like that would have. Let alone someone to treat it. Carl has to be one lucky sob. Shot in the woods and boom someone there who could save him.. shot in the head and once again someone is just there to save them. Just saying in a world like that they would not make it more then a few days
Carl's a bullet sponge, no doubt. But it's a TV show about the dead coming back to life and eating people, so if you can suspend disbelief for that, I think you should be able to think someone could miraculously survive being shot twice.

though  on the other living dead show they said  they would spend most of season 2 trying to get to the boat..the previews make it look like they are  on the boat.. maybe that is why  so long for it to come back they had to reshoot some of it ?

As crazy as it sounds, this may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post. People get shot in the head and survive all the time. It's called a grazing shot. Life is not Call of Duty. St. Louis Rams receiver Stedman Bailey got shot in the head TWICE while sitting in a car last year and survived.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/st-louis-rams-receiver-stedman-bailey-shot-in-head-conscious-surgery-hip-condition-florida-112415

And if you found this past episode "boring", then maybe the show just isn't for you. That was easily one of the most complete episodes of TWD since it began. It basically had everything: zombie threat, human threat, action, suspense, drama, hope, loss, etc.

I can't even wrap my head around the type of person who would be disappointed in that episode. What the hell standards do you have for enjoyable television?

As crazy as it sounds, this may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post. People get shot in the head and survive all the time. It's called a grazing shot. Life is not Call of Duty. St. Louis Rams receiver Stedman Bailey got shot in the head TWICE while sitting in a car last year and survived.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/st-louis-rams-receiver-stedman-bailey-shot-in-head-conscious-surgery-hip-condition-florida-112415

And if you found this past episode "boring", then maybe the show just isn't for you. That was easily one of the most complete episodes of TWD since it began. It basically had everything: zombie threat, human threat, action, suspense, drama, hope, loss, etc.

I can't even wrap my head around the type of person who would be disappointed in that episode. What the hell standards do you have for enjoyable television?
I fully agree with everything you just said. That was one of the best episodes in the entire series, in my opinion.

Yeah,

image.png

As far as the wound survival, it is much more believable on the TV show than the comic. In the comic he would have slower motor skills, permanent brain dmg, etc.

I wasn't that impressed with this one either. It was pretty robotic in the way they can dispense walkers. Not everyone is the same skill set, yet they are all rambo when they hit the streets. Rick's group is somewhat of a combat unit, but the alexandrians, even with training wouldn't be that effective.

I think if people read the comic, it was a review more than exciting. I'd say the wolves attack was much more exciting than this one.

first he is in the real world where they could go to the hospital and get all of the meds they need. its not like they have tons of major infection type pills just lying around in that small place.

like all of the zomibes just happen to walk into the lake of fire and then just disapper and like everyone could just run up to them and start wacking them in the head and let not a single one got bit yet they get bit walking in the woods or walking down a road or event taking a crap.

it was just a boring right off the back you knew what was going to happen before it happens and witht hem saying negan shows at the end of the season you mostly know what is going to take place in the last 6 eps

Story wise it was pretty weak. It was okay but I can see why some would not enjoy it. They way how it was shot it seem like they were out there walking for 4 hours. The mom and Sam death didn't really has any impact on me. Also just because someone doesn't enjoy one episode doesn't mean they should just stop watching it all together just because they don't like it as much as you did.

As far as the wound survival, it is much more believable on the TV show than the comic. In the comic he would have slower motor skills, permanent brain dmg, etc.
Exactly. Considering this is what happened in the comics. When I saw this panel I for sure thought he was dead:

tumblr_inline_ng6pf3owRY1sznugr.jpg

bread's done
Back