Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wilflare']no Vita/3DS XL bundles? :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah that sucks. A couple places are having the Black Ops Vita bundle for $200 but I dont think anywhere has any deals on the 3DS XL. Works out for me since I just bought one for $180 and was hesitant because of Black Friday but it still sucks to not see any deals for it.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Couches, you may want to specify that the $25 version of Epic Mickey 2 is only for Wii.

Great job on this, btw.[/QUOTE]

OP edited!
And thanks :D!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']$25:

Borderlands 2
Madden 13
NBA 2K13
Tekken Tag Team
FIFA 13

$15:

Forza Horizon
Lego Batman 2
Angry Birds (if the 360 version is on sale too)

Those are my wants, now do I trust my girlfriend to pick me up some of these for Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Dont send a woman to do a man's job.. Seeing Green Lantern dvd for $2 is funny.

I wonder if games like Spec Ops which the ad shows for PS3 would be on sale for Xbox 360 too.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Wait so are prices different for every state or something? I saw in the earlier pages someone mention they were going to drive to Wisconsin or something lol[/QUOTE]

They are higher in WI so I am considering driving 26 miles to IL.

I hope Amazon does what they did last year and just price match everyone. I'd rather not get stabbed in line for a game I won't even play 'til 2013.

[quote name='TooPoor']Dude....don't make your girl fight the battle of Walmart, she will hate you.[/QUOTE]

She was going with her mom anyways...I said she was crazy, but women never listen.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']She was going with her mom anyways...I said she was crazy, but women never listen.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Lump of coal or Mindjack. You can, only, pick from the 2.

Either Amazon or Best Buy would pretty much have to price match a lot of this stuff if they wanted to stay competitive this BF. Insane deals from WalMart this year.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']are these prices good walmarts in texas?[/QUOTE]
jJust checked my email and walmart sent me an email. These prices are good in texas and the add explicitly states for games "in store only"
also the ps3 appears to be the standard 250gb super slim with the two collections.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The $39 Skylanders Starter Kit is also Wii only if you want to update that. And yes, great job on the OP.[/QUOTE]

Done!
Thanks!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I was joking with last part. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ok. I guess you can be upgraded to Duke Nukem Forever.:D

[quote name='krashhole']Damn. Looks like I might hit up walmart first.[/QUOTE]
Considering it's at 8PM on Thanksgiving, it kinda wins by default.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Yeah I remember last year when I got to walmart to get BF3, there was literally only one left sitting there on the shelf and I got there shortly after they started letting people go crazy[/QUOTE]

I foresee shortage issues here at WM.

If the members here remember last year's BF thread there were a lot of stories from CAGs complaining how the Walmart BF deals were horrible because they ran out of titles within the first hour of the doorbuster. People were running and grabbing titles left and right right out of the crates that were on the sales floor. A lot of experiences were described exactly as your worst fears on BF. If it's that bad, I'm skeptical of our chances to get all the titles we want. Remember this ad has been leaked early by Walmart itself and if the deals stay that way, people that normally go to Best Buy or Target will flock to Walmart instead. It will be last year x 10. I'm hoping Target and Best Buy match because those two are always pretty good with having enough inventory. I'd walk in at 10am after the lines were gone and had no problems picking up the best software deals.

We may end up hoping Amazon does another of those lightning deals to match Walmart (last year for every hour they matched each titles best deal between the major retailers).

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Ok. I guess you can be upgraded to Duke Nukem Forever.:D[/QUOTE]
I think the lump of coal or Mindjack was better. Actually, I think a heart attack is better than Duke Nukem ForNever.

[quote name='bardockkun']Considering it's at 8PM on Thanksgiving, it kinda wins by default.[/QUOTE]

LOL. I'll still be eating then. Black Friday has become truly silly.

Alright after giving it some thought I've decided there's no way I'm going to Walmart for BF doorbusters. My turkey day plan of watching football until I slip into a food coma is still in effect. Keeping my fingers crossed for some amazon matches.

[quote name='Fukurou']I think the lump of coal or Mindjack was better. Actually, I think a heart attack is better than Duke Nukem ForNever.[/QUOTE]

ill second that i got the game for the cheap price of $1.20 sadly i wouldnt play it if they paid me that to play it i lasted 5 minutes before i gave up

$10
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Socom 4

$15
Uncharted 3

$25
Just Dance 4
Twisted Metal
Wipeout 3

[quote name='Fukurou']I think the lump of coal or Mindjack was better. Actually, I think a heart attack is better than Duke Nukem ForNever.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I've added a more thorough, alphabetized list of what's available in the first post of the Black Friday thread. You have my permission to copy/paste that to the OP here and make changes as you see fit.

Might be in for XCOM and Forza Horizon they're up on the website. Hopefully Amazon price matches since Walmart is zoo on BF.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZuKe11']need amazon to match i have a lot of credit[/QUOTE]

I KNOW! If they don't match this I WILL FLIPPING DIE! At my age I don't need too much excitement.

By the way, this is my first bf. does all Walmart video game deal for doorbuster only? Not online? That means I need to go to my local store as soon as possible? Since it starts at 8pm, what time do you suggest me to arrive there in order to buy some games? I am not buying any consoles.

I'm a bit appalled at the lack of Vita game
(insert over mentioned lack of Vita game comment here)
deals showing up.

Dishonored & Medal of Honor for 25 isn't bad but I know in six months or so they'll probably be down to like 15 on Gamefly.

[quote name='ckc4043']By the way, this is my first bf. does all Walmart video game deal for doorbuster only? Not online? That means I need to go to my local store as soon as possible? Since it starts at 8pm, what time do you suggest me to arrive there in order to buy some games? I am not buying any consoles.[/QUOTE]

What he said...and any insight on the usual crowd sitchiation at the Niles and/or North Ave. Walmarts in IL would be greatly appreciated.

Walmart usually only has 2-3 games per title per store just so everyone knows or unless someone has had a different experience.

[quote name='iknowlondon']What he said...and any insight on the usual crowd sitchiation at the Niles and/or North Ave. Walmarts in IL would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I forget to mention I am living in Los Angeles in CA..

I'd be in for $15 Lego Batman 2 and Forza for sure, and probably $25 WWE. Even better, there is a Walmart where my parents live, a town of about 5,000 people and I'll be there for Thanksgiving. Checked the local ad for their BF site and it's got those prices. God damn.

I've gone to Walmart the last 2 years to get games before the sale starts. I've managed to get none. You cannot get close enough to the cardboard stands containing what few copies they have. If you push and shove as hard as you can, you still aren't going to be able to see what you're grabbing when the black plastic wrapper comes off. All games will be gone within a few seconds. People walking away with armfuls of what they don't even know what they have yet. Approximately 1 minute after the sale starts, the employees pick up the empty trampled cardboard stands off the floor and the sale is over. It's not even in electronics, it's over by the bananas. If they got the games in electronics behind the glass, if it doesn't have a colored sticker on it, they will not give you the sale price. It's how they do it.

[quote name='gordojones88']I've gone to Walmart the last 2 years to get games before the sale starts. I've managed to get none. You cannot get close enough to the cardboard stands containing what few copies they have. If you push and shove as hard as you can, you still aren't going to be able to see what you're grabbing when the black plastic wrapper comes off. All games will be gone within a few seconds. People walking away with armfuls of what they don't even know what they have yet. Approximately 1 minute after the sale starts, the employees pick up the empty trampled cardboard stands off the floor and the sale is over. It's not even in electronics, it's over by the bananas. If they got the games in electronics behind the glass, if it doesn't have a colored sticker on it, they will not give you the sale price. It's how they do it.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for truth!

Is this really a good idea at Walmart on Black Friday?

8166275787_b1522c193c.jpg

[quote name='gordojones88']Is this really a good idea at Walmart on Black Friday?

[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the lady that peppered sprayed her way ahead in line at Walmart last year to get a 360.

[quote name='gordojones88']Is this really a good idea at Walmart on Black Friday?

[/QUOTE]

This is probably the only way your going to get any other deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back