Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted - Titles added to OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couches

CAG Newbie
I'm new to CAG, but I noticed that Walmart's Black Friday ad was posted and thought I'd mention it since no one else has as of yet.

There's quite a bit to type out compared to the other Black Friday ads so I figured I'd post a link instead.

I found the scan here: http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2

edit: coopscohen mentioned another the correct version of the ad here: http://blackfriday.com/stores/walmart/flyers

These prices are much better.
When I checked out the Black Friday ad at Walmart.com for my local store, it's showing the prices listed in the blackfriday.com version.
It's safe to assume that is the right one. It may be possible that the prices vary by location, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks to Jackie Chandler for compiling a more thorough/organized list.

URL="http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2012/Page2"]Ad Scan[/URL]: Some states (such as Oklahoma) show increased prices in their ads. Please check pages 6-7 in this ad for pricing relevant to your state.

Please note that these deals start at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

Also, platforms listed are the ones that are confirmed by the ad. Games may or may not be available for systems other than the ones pictured.

Confirmed $25 Games: (Over 45 titles)

:360: :ps3: Amazing Spiderman
:360: Battlefield 3: Premium Edition
:360: :ps3: Borderlands 2
:360: Call of Duty: MW3
:360: Dishonored
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:360: FIFA Soccer 13
:360: :wii: Just Dance 4
:360: Kinect Star Wars
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet Karting
:360: :ps3: Madden 13
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:360: NBA 2K13
:360: NCAA Football 13
:360: Need for Speed: Most Wanted- A Criterion Game
:wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
:360: :ps3: Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: :ps3: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
:ps3: Twisted Metal
:360: :wii: Wipeout 3
:360: :ps3: WWE 13
:360: :ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:wii: Zumba Games (needs confirmation)

Confirmed $15 Games: (Over 30 titles)

:ps3: Angry Birds Trilogy
:ps3: Borderlands GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops
:wii: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
:360: Dance Central 3
:360: Fable: The Journey
:360: Forza Horizon
:ps3: God of War Saga
:360: :ps3: Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition
:wii: Just Dance 3
:ps3: Killzone 3
:360: Kinect Sports: Ultimate Collection
:360: :ps3: :wii: Lego Batman 2: DC Heroes
:wii: Mario Power Tennis
:wii: Mario Super Sluggers
:360: Max Payne 3
:ps3: MLB 12: The Show
:wii: Pikmin 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank HD Collection
:360: :ps3: Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:360: :ps3: Spec Ops: The Line
:wii: Super Mario Galaxy
:wii: Super Paper Mario
:ps3: Uncharted 3 (non-GOTY)
:wii: Wii Play Motion
:wii: Wii Sports
:wii: Wipeout 2

Confirmed $10 Games: (Over 25 titles)

:ps3: Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
:360: Batman: Arkham City (non-GOTY pictured)
:360: :ps3: Cabela's Survival
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: World at War
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
:360: :ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 "GOTY"
:ps3: Darksiders
:360: :ps3: Dead Island
:360: Game Party in Motion
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
:360: :ps3: L.A. Noire Complete Collection
:360: Lego Batman
:360: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3: Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
:360: Saints Row 2
:ps3: Sly Collection
:ps3: SOCOM 4
:360: UFC Trainer

Confirmed $30 Nintendo DS Games:

:ds: Mario Kart DS
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.
:ds: Pokemon Black Version 2
:ds: Pokemon White Version 2

Other Video Game Deals:

Consoles/Handhelds:

:360: Xbox 360 4GB White Skylanders Bundle- $149
:ps3: PS3 160GB Superslim Bundle w/ Infamous + Uncharted Dual Packs- $199
:wii: Wii Console- $89 (white model is shown, needs confirmation on if it's backwards compatible)
:ds: DSi XL $99.96 (Blue/Pink are pictured, ad mentions colors may vary by store)

Games/Accessories

:360: Assassin's Creed III- $38.96
:wii: Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two- $24.96
:360: Modern Warfare 3 Wireless Headset- $25
:ps3: PS3 Dualshock 3 Controllers- $39.96 (transparent black/blue pictured)
:wii: Skylanders Starter Pack- $38.96
:wii: uDraw- $10
:360: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller (White)- $39.96
:360: Xbox Live 3-Month Subscription- $11.96

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='finstersucks']the early crowd is the hard part. They are usually on the salesfloor, you just got to scramble and get them.People people grab whatever. walmart usually stocks a good load of these, if they run out don't forget about the glass case. Sometimes employees believe they don't count as black friday items, since they don't have the color coded sticker, that helps them ring up the items quicker. This may have changed, since its been a while since i been to B&M Walmart Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Typically the items in the cases are not considered doorbuster stock and will ring up as full price, not the sale price at the register. If you couldn't find the game you wanted during the 5 minute stampede, it may be worth a shot to get it out of the case but you're probably wasting your time. The doorbuster games will have the sticker and be in the cardboard crates. At every WM I've been to, you'd waste another 45 minutes waiting for someone to unlock the case, just to get it to the register and be denied.

I don't know about the games, but I remember last year I bought a few seasons of TV shows just in the normal racks on BF and they rang up as $10 (I used the in store scanners to price check a bunch of crap).

I ended up returning one of the seasons about a week later and they gave me full price ($50 or $60 dont remember) for a refund. I'm sure I'll go to hell, but I said nothing and have no regrets.

Joke is somewhat on me though as I have 3 of the seasons still unopened and they're all now on either Netflix or Amazon Instant.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow! Walmart just won BF hands down!!![/QUOTE]

Ball is Amazon's court, if they can match this stuff and I don't have to go to leave the house, amazon will get my BF business as usual. Dance Central 3, Forza Horizon for $15 and XCOM for $25. Perfect deals!!

[quote name='Slowdance']I'd imagine there are very few cities that are THAT bad. I have had trouble getting games before but those youtube vids are not the norm.[/QUOTE]

You're right, not the norm. Usually it's much worse. Those videos are nothing compared to my WM. Police and manager had to take people away last year.

I like where I am at. There is two walmarts near me. One will be opening thanksgiving night, the other will be opening BF at 7 am (because of zoning laws). So if I miss the deals at one, I have another shot.

[quote name='juubei1i']You're right, not the norm. Usually it's much worse. Those videos are nothing compared to my WM. Police and manager had to take people away last year.[/QUOTE]
Seconded.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I don't know about the games, but I remember last year I bought a few seasons of TV shows just in the normal racks on BF and they rang up as $10 (I used the in store scanners to price check a bunch of crap).

I ended up returning one of the seasons about a week later and they gave me full price ($50 or $60 dont remember) for a refund. I'm sure I'll go to hell, but I said nothing and have no regrets.

[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with me at Gamestop for a few games and they gave me over $80 more than they should have. Sucks to be them!

[quote name='slidecage']and once again Pure junk if you only do handheld systems

its been 2 or 3 years since a GOOD deal[/QUOTE]

I would think a person would have bigger gamer problems if they only had handheld systems. Black Friday deals should be the least of their worries. lol

[quote name='gordojones88']I've gone to Walmart the last 2 years to get games before the sale starts. I've managed to get none. You cannot get close enough to the cardboard stands containing what few copies they have. If you push and shove as hard as you can, you still aren't going to be able to see what you're grabbing when the black plastic wrapper comes off. All games will be gone within a few seconds. People walking away with armfuls of what they don't even know what they have yet. Approximately 1 minute after the sale starts, the employees pick up the empty trampled cardboard stands off the floor and the sale is over. It's not even in electronics, it's over by the bananas. If they got the games in electronics behind the glass, if it doesn't have a colored sticker on it, they will not give you the sale price. It's how they do it.[/QUOTE]

THIS (although I usually get the games I want cause I'm a BF Vet). FYI for you BF noobs - My WM typically has a few cardboard crates with the games randomly stacked around the outside in cardboard shelves. There will probably only be 5 of each game. The crates are sealed with plastic wrap (black or white). The area is typically ropped off with the yellow caution tape. You may or may not be able to see through the tape to know where the games are that you want. The doorbuster videos/bluerays are usually in the same small 2 car garage size area.

People start to gather approx 2 hrs early but the real "desparate" crowd shows up the last 1/2 hr. My WM is 24 hrs so you can come in and wait any time you want. I sometimes bring someone with me and we hit different parts of this small area. Another idea is to get friendly with the people on both sides of you. Many people are nice and might grab something for you if it's in reach if you do same.
Last year, manager and police told everyone that people would be removed if disorderly. Didn't matter, people don't listen. Shortly before it's time, employees will remove plastic wrap and caution tape but stand guard. When it's time, manager/employee will say it's time and run for the hills as the wave of bodies flood the small area. There will be pushing and shoving.

I enjoy BF for the adrenaline rush and thrill of the hunt. It's like my sex life, over in minutes with everyone breathing hard, disappointed and wondering what the hell just happened.

[quote name='juubei1i']I enjoy BF for the adrenaline rush and thrill of the hunt. It's like my sex life, over in minutes with everyone breathing hard, disappointed and wondering what the hell just happened.[/QUOTE]

QFT, lol. Also in my sig.

I want Xcom, dishonored, and wwe

But last year walmart only had about 3 copies of each game so not doing that again.

Please target have these, or amazon at least.

[quote name='juubei1i']THIS (although I usually get the games I want cause I'm a BF Vet). FYI for you BF noobs - My WM typically has a few cardboard crates with the games randomly stacked around the outside in cardboard shelves. There will probably only be 5 of each game. The crates are sealed with plastic wrap (black or white). The area is typically ropped off with the yellow caution tape. You may or may not be able to see through the tape to know where the games are that you want. The doorbuster videos/bluerays are usually in the same small 2 car garage size area.

People start to gather approx 2 hrs early but the real "desparate" crowd shows up the last 1/2 hr. My WM is 24 hrs so you can come in and wait any time you want. I sometimes bring someone with me and we hit different parts of this small area. Another idea is to get friendly with the people on both sides of you. Many people are nice and might grab something for you if it's in reach if you do same.
Last year, manager and police told everyone that people would be removed if disorderly. Didn't matter, people don't listen. Shortly before it's time, employees will remove plastic wrap and caution tape but stand guard. When it's time, manager/employee will say it's time and run for the hills as the wave of bodies flood the small area. There will be pushing and shoving.

I enjoy BF for the adrenaline rush and thrill of the hunt. It's like my sex life, over in minutes with everyone breathing hard, disappointed and wondering what the hell just happened.[/QUOTE]
I have a Wal-mart BF secret. I'm a little unsure if I should be giving this tip away. It's how I've managed to walk away with every BF game I've ever wanted. They mark the special copies of games with a sticker but the SKU is identical to the normal copy. So, if you go back to your electronic department and snag a copy of whatever game you're looking for you can take it up front without any hassle. If they ask tell them it had a sticker but came off in the mess. BOOM cheap game and you get to enjoy watching people try to kill each other over the game you so easily walked out with.

Holy SHIT!!! Outrageous deals!

Borderlands 2, NBA 2k13, Dishonored, WWE13, and LBP Karting all $25 each!? I'm only going to be able to buy 2 or 3 of the 5 :cry:

[quote name='juubei1i']THIS (although I usually get the games I want cause I'm a BF Vet). FYI for you BF noobs - My WM typically has a few cardboard crates with the games randomly stacked around the outside in cardboard shelves. There will probably only be 5 of each game. The crates are sealed with plastic wrap (black or white). The area is typically ropped off with the yellow caution tape. You may or may not be able to see through the tape to know where the games are that you want. The doorbuster videos/bluerays are usually in the same small 2 car garage size area.

I enjoy BF for the adrenaline rush and thrill of the hunt. It's like my sex life, over in minutes with everyone breathing hard, disappointed and wondering what the hell just happened.[/QUOTE]

lol only 6am and this is already post of the day

There's like 3 Wal-Marts around me within 10 miles of each other...but I don't know if I'm willing to risk my life (and limbs....and time) for these deals. And all my credit is at Best Buy

These deals are so crazy but too bad I have to pass. Not that I don't want so many of the games for the prices they have them for but because I will be out of town(no Wal Mart in the small town my in-laws live in) and will not even ask my parents or anyone else I know who may be able to go and subject them to what dangers and madness they will run into at our store where I live. We are in an "oil boom" town and the type of people that now live here and shop Wal Mart especially are the kinds you wouldn't go for even if those games were $5!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']where is that stated?[/QUOTE]

When I look at the ad at walmart.com and mouseover the deals.

Held up on Dishonored just for BF. I knew it was going to be that price. Too bad Darksiders 2 is not on that list. Oh well, it'll probably be on sale somewhere else.

[quote name='Woocls']I have a Wal-mart BF secret. I'm a little unsure if I should be giving this tip away. It's how I've managed to walk away with every BF game I've ever wanted. They mark the special copies of games with a sticker but the SKU is identical to the normal copy. So, if you go back to your electronic department and snag a copy of whatever game you're looking for you can take it up front without any hassle. If they ask tell them it had a sticker but came off in the mess. BOOM cheap game and you get to enjoy watching people try to kill each other over the game you so easily walked out with.[/QUOTE]

This is what I do and usually manage to escape with the games I want. They will almost always ring up at the same price too.

Holy, $25 for Dishonored and NBA2K13?!? Can we theoretically just go to Best Buy and get these same deals? They are price matching right?

Walmart is so difficult to shop at on BF. My Walmart is 24 hours. People skip Thanksgiving and just hang out in the store holding their stuff until midnight when the deal kicks in. I remember last year, everyone ripped off the black wrapping on the game crates; place was baron before I even got there.

[quote name='FadeToOne']When I look at the ad at walmart.com and mouseover the deals.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case, cause if so amazon becomes my only hope.

Also didnt notice that the sly collection was in the $10 pile. I definitely want that.

yes dishonored for me and arkham city for my little cousin hopefully people will be busy with thanksgiving to go out thursday night and that my local walmart stocks both in good supply.

[quote name='markhimself']Holy, $25 for Dishonored and NBA2K13?!? Can we theoretically just go to Best Buy and get these same deals? They are price matching right?

Walmart is so difficult to shop at on BF. My Walmart is 24 hours. People skip Thanksgiving and just hang out in the store holding their stuff until midnight when the deal kicks in. I remember last year, everyone ripped off the black wrapping on the game crates; place was baron before I even got there.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy apparently isn't price matching during the week of Black Friday. So that would be a no.

Oh god. I had my first black friday expierence last year and snagged GOW3 for $30. I live in a pretty small town and people were even parked in other parking lots because the super walmart parking was full, was ridiculous.

But XCOM for $25.... I might pop a few Klonopin and try to deal with it this year again for that price.

(Oh and the $8 Max Payne 3 at K-Mart)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Best Buy apparently isn't price matching during the week of Black Friday. So that would be a no.[/QUOTE]

Ughhh. Looks like I'll be fighting my way through Walmart then =\

[quote name='benjamouth']$15 for Forza Horizon, thats got to be bullshit surely ??[/QUOTE]

My guess is its suppose to be Forza 4... but truth be told, at 15 dollars you should be buying either game as either at that price would be an amazing deal.

I remember being at walmart on BF last year, got there at 8 pm and the entire store was packed. people pushing and shoving, the cardboard stands were all torn and stomped. But back at the electronic department, there were some workers with boxes loaded with games and not that many shoppers, so I was able to get what I wanted. Hopefully I can come out as successful as last year.

So, I'm guessing now it's safe to assume no store will be running Halo 4 deals? (I thought for sure, with all the pre-order deals going on for Halo 4, it'd be a 40 dollar doorbuster somewhere, but from what I've seen, no dice!)

Maybe this has been asked before, but can't someone just return/rebuy on black Friday?

Does that also apply to other retailers?

I've got my eye on dishonored, xcom, and borderlands 2, but Walmart gets too hectic. I'm thinking of just buying it, holding on to the receipt and come black Friday, I return and rebuy with the black Friday prices. Should be possible, no?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No one price matches black friday[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Target will be price matching Black Friday deals. Thats what I will probably do. No way I'm going to a Wal Mart on Black Friday.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Maybe this has been asked before, but can't someone just return/rebuy on black Friday?

Does that also apply to other retailers?

I've got my eye on dishonored, xcom, and borderlands 2, but Walmart gets too hectic. I'm thinking of just buying it, holding on to the receipt and come black Friday, I return and rebuy with the black Friday prices. Should be possible, no?[/QUOTE]

Well now that you posted this, everyone that would have waited is just going to do this! Now there will be no lines and I'll be the only one at WM or any of the other stores!;)

Doorbusters are only good for a certain time so you'd still have to be in the store at that time but retailers are a few years ahead of you chief. I have heard of the occasional Target customer service doing this for one toy but last I had heard, most retailers have policies against this during BF (including target). If I recall, WM wasn't even doing returns on that morning or day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mpaullin']Pretty sure Target will be price matching Black Friday deals. Thats what I will probably do. No way I'm going to a Wal Mart on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

I read somewhere here that Target will not price match. That they backtracked or "clarified" their original position.

[quote name='juubei1i']Well now that you posted this, everyone that would have waited is just going to do this! Now there will be no lines and I'll be the only one at WM or any of the other stores!;)

Doorbusters are only good for a certain time so you'd still have to be in the store at that time but retailers are a few years ahead of you chief. I have heard of the occasional Target customer service doing this for one toy but last I had heard, most retailers have policies against this during BF (including target). If I recall, WM wasn't even doing returns on that morning or day.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, then I wonder if the return/rebuy is a risk worth taking?

Worse comes to worse, I'm hiding those games somewhere in the store a few days before bf, like, under some mattresses or something.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']^ I think Target reversed that decision.[/QUOTE]

So you are implying that I can buy anything in the yet to be leaked Target BF ad prior to BF and just match it at Target customer svc the morning of?

That's interesting. I'll have to confirm this a few other places. I don't understand why they would revoke their previous policy cause it would certainly cause long lines at cust svc on BF morning. I'll look into it.

Thanks.

I dislike Wal-Mart but damn these are some good prices. Seriously considering Dishonored, X-Com and Borderlands 2 for $25 a pop. Also if you haven't bought the Sly Collection, it's probably never getting any lower than $10.

You know what I do? I grab all the games I want, and then pretend I bought them, and trick people into buying my games for $25 a pop and I leave with free money and pay full price for games :)

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Hmm, then I wonder if the return/rebuy is a risk worth taking?

Worse comes to worse, I'm hiding those games somewhere in the store a few days before bf, like, under some mattresses or something.[/QUOTE]

If you have time and the cash or credit card room to spare, it can't hurt to try. Just don't be shocked that it doesn't work the way you expect it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back