Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

Is Amazpn planning on matching Spec Ops or Max Payne 3 from Walmart, KMart, etc?

It's become a lot easier for me these past couple weeks to just order anything an everything I wanted off Amazon. Cheaper price and my 2-day prime shipping.

Taking advantage of these loopholes for yourself is fine in my book. If you're picking up games for your kids, friends, siblings, whatever, by all means spend your hard-earned money.

The only lowlifes, IMO, are the ones who buy dozens of the hottest titles to hoard or sell later. Nobody should deny a CAGer their right to play a game they've been craving, but take what you need and leave the rest to others who abandon Thanksgiving dinner to brave the storm when it officially starts at 8 pm.

[quote name='jcp42877']Is Amazpn planning on matching Spec Ops or Max Payne 3 from Walmart, KMart, etc?

It's become a lot easier for me these past couple weeks to just order anything an everything I wanted off Amazon. Cheaper price and my 2-day prime shipping.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, they usually match Best Buy as evidently shown in their BF deals.

Went to the Walmart in Torrance, Ca and they had pallets near the entrance with the games all shrink wrapped, with employees guarding them, and signs that said "Bar code will not scan until 8 PM." I went to the Electronics dept and had them get me Fall of Cybertron PS3 from the glass case and the guy there scanned it for me to buy with no hassle. :)

[quote name='Hamass']Taking advantage of these loopholes for yourself is fine in my book. If you're picking up games for your kids, friends, siblings, whatever, by all means spend your hard-earned money.

The only lowlifes, IMO, are the ones who buy dozens of the hottest titles to hoard or sell later. Nobody should deny a CAGer their right to play a game they've been craving, but take what you need and leave the rest to others who abandon Thanksgiving dinner to brave the storm when it officially starts at 8 pm.[/QUOTE]
You've been here 3 years, you should know that there are a ton of CAG's that do this and then flip a bunch of them for profit.

Yep...thanks for the heads up...saved me some hassle. Could've done a self checkout but the cute gal at the register looked lonely at 5:30 with no one up front checking out. People were grabbing the games and waiting until 8:00 to checkout...silly rabbits! I tried telling them...even showed them on the price check scanner.

Went in late in the afternoon, only grabbed one game mdecided to browse the ad, grabbed a ton of house are things, checked out and left. As I'm leaving there's now a good 1,000 people in the store starting to line up as I'm leaving, getting nearly everything I wanted and then some.

I'm not flipping mine, I plan to play all of them. But I am officially not buying any more games until BioShock Infinite comes out... my back log has gotten way too big this past month.

So uh, is Arkham City GOTY actually $10?

The only indicator is the Black Friday thread, but it's not showing up at that price online.

[quote name='WhiteLens']So uh, is Arkham City GOTY actually $10?

The only indicator is the Black Friday thread, but it's not showing up at that price online.[/QUOTE]

I think its just the regular edition.

Hey, did anyone happen to see the Nabi 2 out on display, or do they bring those kind of items out at the proper time? I'm planing to go Walmart around 7pm, but I don't want to miss out.

[quote name='chrislaustin']Hey, did anyone happen to see the Nabi 2 out on display, or do they bring those kind of items out at the proper time? I'm planing to go Walmart around 7pm, but I don't want to miss out.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. The crazies stated coming at 6pm. If you weren't there before then you're probably screwed.

I'm going back to Wal-Mart in a few to get the HP Wireless Printer for my mom. I couldn't find it on walmart.com. I'll go deal with the craziness at the store. I don't think too many people will be after printers. I think I will be fine.

Man, the people.....everywhere! Just got back from a Walmart and was fortunate enough to be able to get Forza, XCOM, MP3, and GoW Saga out of the glass cases. They just left them unlocked. But most of the games were in the Men's Department with about 50-75 people surrounding them. Not worth the trouble, imo.....

[quote name='TommyLove']Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.

If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.
This was in Washington, Renton Store.[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? Talk about being part of the problem. I don't think you quite get what CAG is about my man. Take that sh*t to eBay! :shame:

Walked into Walmart, waded through the masses of people and got my copy of Borderlands 2. Pretty painless.

If any of you are in the SF Bay Area and are willing to pick up a copy of LA Noire Complete Edition and hide it some where in the store please PM me

[quote name='hwmusic']my walmart on san jose blvd in jacksonville the plastic wrap was all around everything. they didn't have The complete edition of L.a. noire. fail[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just poked a hole in the plastic wrap and took it out, lol.
Right around two employees they just looked at me and shrugged.

Ended up not buying anything and just ditched them. Even though they rang up at the BF prices. Because i realized for just a bit more I could Dead Island GOTY instead of Vanilla and Littlebigplanet 2 Special Edition instead of the Vanilla for a extra 9.

And Forza Horizon was cheaper on the Microsoft Store and they didn't have XCOM.

[quote name='Dad_Is_A_Zombie']Wow, seriously? Talk about being part of the problem. I don't think you quite get what CAG is about my man. Take that sh*t to eBay! :shame:[/QUOTE]

Now I know where my copy of RDR has gone if I get to the store and there are no more copies! Is there really that much profit to be made on these?

Tried 3 stores and dead Island rang up for 29.99 this sucks. But I got call of duty black ops with the first strike map pack for 15 and red dead redemption game of the year for 15.

So I found the last copy of BL2 at Walmart....but put it back. I Ordered from BB last night for $29.99 after Cert and I tried calling to cancel(couldn't do it from the mobile site) the hold time was estimated at over an hour. Decided i'd rather spend the extra $5 and get RZ points so I just put it back.

Guess I'm one of the only fails here...went to both Salinas, CA stores and they flat out refused to sell the games to me..even though every one that I wanted rang up at the BF prices. Managers backed them up.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']I just screwed myself by going to Walmart.
Wanted to get the Sly Cooper collection and they had it, but it was wrapped in a special aisle thing. As was every other BF deal. You couldn't purchase any of them despite the sales price already being active.

And to make it worse, I went there as the Amazon deal for Sly went live. And of course it's 100% waitlist full now too. Man, I'm an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Dude, don't beat yourself up over that. I don't think it would have been a lock that you would have gotten the deal on Amazon anyway. 100% claimed so fast. I felt the same way when I missed it on Tuesday simply by walking out of the room only to come back to the dreaded wait list button.

Thanks CAG! I waltzed into Walmart at about 6:30 on the way home from Thanksgiving dinner at my brother-in-law's house and was able to get XCOM and Lego Batman 2 for $25 and $15 respectively with very little trouble.

It was actually very surreal. There was NO ONE at the front registers buying anything and I thought I was out of luck. I thought maybe they shut down sales until the deals went live at 8pm. But then I noticed a few people checking out at the very end of the bank of cash registers. There were people lined up all over the place and stuff wrapped in plastic in all the big aisles. Finally I made my way back to Electronics where there were more lines. One was for "the Wii" (don't know what deal that was or if it was for the Wii U or whatever).

I waited until the huddle of Walmart associates at the register in Electronics ended and asked if I could buy a game out of the case. She said sure, but that it won't ring up on sale yet if it is in the ad. I went over and picked out XCOM for 360 and she rang it up: $59.96, discount of $34.96, total: $25. She said "OK, $25" and I swiped my credit card ;). Then I said there was actually one other I wanted to get and did the same for Lego Batman 2 PS3. I didn't want to bring up a bunch of games at once and have them notice they were sale games or see all the discounts (there were a lot of other Walmart associates and customers waiting in mystery lines watching all this). I would have gotten maybe Forza Horizon and Angry Birds Trilogy for $15 also, probably. But then again, I'm sure that Angry Birds will be $10 soon enough.

It was the strangest experience, though, because so few people were buying anything in the store and it was much less crowded than I expected it to be. I have never gotten in and out of a Walmart that fast on a normal day. It was shocking that I was able to get in and out so fast with Black Friday deals in hand.

But now watch Amazon price match these. Then I'll have to buy them there (since I have credit to burn) and return the Walmart copies anyway ;). Though I guess the BF sale is live now in the East and Amazon has yet to match. They aren't even close on Lego Batman 2 (still $39.37 on Amazon).

And yeah, besides waiting for Amazon to maybe price match so I can pay the same amount in credit instead of cash, I'm done with Black Friday shopping before Black Friday even begins - how awesome is that!?

Went to Walmart and didn't even bother finding the games. Did a quick pass around the store, didn't see them, and left. Is it some people's strategy to not shower for a week before they go to the store?

Wal-Mart was a madhouse. Everything was gone by five minutes after, I was able to pick up three games:

Dishonored, Forza Horizon, and Fifa Soccer 13. I really only wanted WWE 13. If anyone wants to trade let me know.

[quote name='TommyLove']Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.

If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.

F**king ridiculous,your the reason games sale out all the time, hoarding everything only to trade or resell it,the lowest form of person in this community.

[quote name='Jay']F**king ridiculous,your the reason games sale out all the time, hoarding everything only to trade or resell it,the lowest form of person in this community.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I constantly say this and I don't know why mods don't perm ban these members.

[quote name='Romeo']Exactly. I constantly say this and I don't know why mods don't perm ban these members.[/QUOTE]

People on SD brag about these types of things...he'd be someone's wet dream over there.

In and out of Walmart in 20 minutes. Grabbed XCOM ($25), Forza Horizon ($15) and Spec Ops: The Line ($15).

I showed up promptly at 8:00 PM and had the dude in electronics give me games from the case. LOL @ all the idiots who waited hours for the "promo" stock of games. They all have the same barcodes dudes!

I also grabbed 20 blu-rays for like $100, including all 8 Harry Potter films for $3.99 each. God I love Black Friday.

I tried to pick up some stuff in electronics on wed and all the games were removed from the case and put in the back. I was actually looking to see if they had any tablet deals.

Walmart was a bust. There was a huge like for games and you have to go in that line to get the games. I just got my son a bike and just left.

Miserable attitude...
I may understand buying 2 or 3 copies of the same game and flipping for other games you want, but buying that many is very despicable on your behalf.
I really hope you make no profit at all.

[quote name='FerDK']Miserable attitude...
I may understand buying 2 or 3 copies of the same game and flipping for other games you want, but buying that many is very despicable on your behalf.
I really hope you make no profit at all.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. That many copies is just ridiculous.

went to Walmart with the great unwashed masses about 7:45 Mountain time. XBOX section was mobbed but PS3 section was pretty open so I got everything I wanted for PS3:

XCOM
BLACK OPS I
BORDERLANDS 2
GOW SAGA
SLY COLL.
RATCHET COLL.
DISHONORED

and others...

I got two of a few because I figure I can give some great gifts for cheap this year.

I would say don't bother going if you ain't going reasonably close to 8 PM your time tonight.

LOL the walmart by me is MOBBED. The games section is a total mess, even if I could have found the games I wanted it would have been after 12 by the time I checked out. Amazon it is.

it angers me because thats the one game i wanted t get out of this deal. i know he wasnt in my area depleting the stock in my locale but still someone like him could have been. wasn't all bad though. as i went to wallyworld to get a few last min things for thanksgiving i managed to browse the thread on my phone and get forza horizon

Can't believe this was my first Walmart BF. Didn't get any games.:cry: Wanted Gran Tursimo and was thinking of getting GOW Saga.

Atleast I got the telescope I wanted.:)

Place was PACKED! Suprisingly, the line at check out went fast and wasn't a mile long. Well, the line I was in wasn't.

bread's done
Back