Walmart deals are LIVE in-store

Tarheel76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey Gamers !! I know it's been noted on a few other threads, but I wanted to personally confirm that the game deals are LIVE IN STORE!! After reading what others have said, I decided to take a chance since I'm only 5 mins away. Of course YMMV !!
I walked over to the electronics dept, (which surprisingly wasn't busy), asked the lady for XCOM Enemy Unknown for Xbox 360....(all prepared to play dumb if it rang up at $60)....but it rang up at $25.00 !! Plus tax it came to $27.33.
I didn't need anything else, since I racked up earlier in the day via Amazon & will be heading to the MS Store tonight. (@ 20min drive from my home)
Plus I couldn't find anyone that has lowered XCOM under $35 other than Walmart. I'm in Tempe, AZ....& all the games are still in the cases marked as they normally would be.
Take a chance if you like.....but I can't stress enough YMMV !!!

Game on everyone !!!

I waited about 45 minutes around the printers to get one of the $39 wireless printers for my mom. I got my printer and got checked out in 10 minutes.
It was complete insansity like I knew it would be. I heard that one girl got trample on trying to get video games at the 8pm sale. Alot of the video games were gone except a few of the $25 games (WWE 13, Call of Duty, Dishonored were a few that I saw). I was hoping for a copy of LA Noire to be there but no luck. Their was a line wrapping around 5 aisles in the grocery section for the TVs.
After I got my printer, it took me only 10 minutes to get checked out. Their wasn't too many long lines thank god.

My Walmart only had the vanilla Red Deads in the display case but they had the red sale sticker.. this was the only game I wanted :(

Has anyone found any sale games with different UPCs from those in the glass cases? An employee was manning the cases telling people that anything in there won't ring up at the sale price. This is pure BS as so many were able to go earlier in the day and purchase games from the cases at the discounted prices, but it's possible there are a couple that are legitimately different.

[quote name='dudejeff22']In and out of Walmart in 20 minutes. Grabbed XCOM ($25), Forza Horizon ($15) and Spec Ops: The Line ($15).

I showed up promptly at 8:00 PM and had the dude in electronics give me games from the case. LOL @ all the idiots who waited hours for the "promo" stock of games. They all have the same barcodes dudes!

I also grabbed 20 blu-rays for like $100, including all 8 Harry Potter films for $3.99 each. God I love Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Are you freaking kidding me?! I spent the last 3 weeks looking for the best possible deal on HP 1-8 and ended up with the collection from BBY last week PMed from Fry's 69.99 price. And now you're telling me I could've saved like $40??? I'm pretty pissed...

Just a heads up to anyone getting a "guaranteed" item. I have to get an ipad for my fiancée's mom, and I stopped by the line at 830 (6 people there) told me I'd be guaranteed one if I got here by 945. Got here at 930, and if you get a "guarantee" voucher you have to purchase by midnight or you won't get it.

[quote name='winterlane']Has anyone found any sale games with different UPCs from those in the glass cases? An employee was manning the cases telling people that anything in there won't ring up at the sale price. This is pure BS as so many were able to go earlier in the day and purchase games from the cases at the discounted prices, but it's possible there are a couple that are legitimately different.[/QUOTE]

Employee is full of shit

4 stores to get wwe 13

walmart manager at one store was like just cuz its in the ad doesnt mean its in stock or we will have it

told the guy to fuck off and went to another one where i found it in the display case

[quote name='i MarK i']My Walmart only had the vanilla Red Deads in the display case but they had the red sale sticker.. this was the only game I wanted :([/QUOTE]
my walmart had same in display but found a whole bunch of dvds and games in the food isle

[quote name='TommyLove']Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.

If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.
This was in Washington, Renton Store.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing of value to add to this thread. Just wanted to tell you that you're a cunt.

Had a pretty controlled experience at my Walmart tonight. Had no problem PMing 3 1600 points cards, just showed the associate the Target ad and it went very smoothly. I passed on the last copy of Borderlands 2 since I ordered it from BB for $30 last night and in calling customer service was told it would take at least an hour on hold to cancel the BB order, nothing else too special for movies/games. I went with my parents and they had no issue getting a 16 GB iPad, only 15 people ahead of them in the line. Then at checkout we got an express lane and were out in 5 minutes! No issues at all! Very pleased.

[quote name='gossamer']Went to Walmart and didn't even bother finding the games. Did a quick pass around the store, didn't see them, and left. Is it some people's strategy to not shower for a week before they go to the store?[/QUOTE]

That's just your standard Walmart shopper. :applause:

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']anybody go in and do their layaway yet?[/QUOTE]

I did this earlier in the day. Borderlands 2 and Lego Batman 2 auto corrected to the sale price.

I think it depends. If you live in major cities, Walmart can be an absolute disaster. In suburban areas it sounds like it is totally different.

[quote name='TommyLove']Walmart was a success. Saved over $200, but there was no PS3 darksiders for $10 and PS3 LA Noire Complete Collection for $10.
If anyone managed to grab any of these games and needs Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition for the Xbox 360, I'm your guy.

If you have both of them, I'm willing to trade them for Red Dead Redemption GOTY + $5, or if you have one, you pay me $5 OR if you want Dishonored or XCOM, you trade me both and $10.
This was in Washington, Renton Store.[/QUOTE]

You give CAGs a bad name, hopefully you will make next to no profit considering you only saved $5 per red dead lol

Headed over around 11pm

Not that busy really a bunch of the games for 8pm sale were still there. No sign of Dance Central 3 or Dishonored.

I thought it was odd that they had all the games in bins at the front of the store in side bank area (like in a haircut place if your walmart has that)

What did I get?

- 2 pairs of jeans
- monopoly game for a younger cousin
- 6 pack of beer

Huh, I guess I missed out (missing out, since it's ongoing?) on all the fun. :roll:

I walked in around 5:30pm EST, went to Layaway, picked up my three games (Forza Horizon, Spec Ops, and XCOM) at their BF prices, and left within 20 minutes. Easy-peasy.

I arrived around 7:20PM and was immediately herded into a "gaming zone" where we were gathered around pallets of sealed merchandise. The crowd started getting restless and somebody started ravenously tearing through one of the pallets. Like lemmings, everybody followed suit. Soon, pandemonium erupted throughout the store as everyone in every department feverishly plowed through merchandise, hoarding anything they could touch.

I was able to snag Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and GOW Collections, and PM Max Payne from K-Mart. This was one of the locations where all games were kept behind lock and key throughout the day. This is what happens when you remain open the entire Thanksgiving day and night.

r86ov6.jpg

Man Walmart was Packed! Shit was mad confusing.
Like when i walked in i went directly to the electronic section of the store for the video games. I noticed they didn't have any of the games that were advertised that were going to be cheaper... A lady ended up telling me and a group of people that the video games were on the other side of the store...

there were lines everywhere... people waiting for the events to start... they had a bunch of covered boxes... most people didn't know what each line was for and everyone was just asking each other...

So i find the video game line and stand there.. about 20 or so people in front of me and a huge amount behind me.... when they finally uncovered the boxes shit got crazy.... there were no more lines.. basically everyone pushing each other trying to get to the front to the games lol.... it was cool with me cause i was touching mad ass, man...
i was just being my perverted old self so oh well
cheesy.gif

I was able to grab Dishonored, La Noire, Red Dead redemtion Game of the year Edition, and the last copy of Skyrim.... I ended up putting back Skyrim and Dishonored and kept the other two.. I mainly wanted WWE 13 but i didn't even get to see a copy.... oh well... some black dude offered to give me his copy but he had it for the PS3 and i needed it for the Xbox... but anyways... i got some good games for the low and i was able to grab a shit load of ass... all women!
wink.gif

then they had a line for a crap load of electronics... so it was a crap load of people... i wanted the blu ray player.... i stood in "line" for 2 hours.. from 8pm to 10pm cause the event started at 10... there were so many people all around me.. and a bunch of lines that ended up colliding...

next year ima get there earlier.. and ima wear some comfortable shoes...fuck... my feet are killing me...

ima dream about this Light skin chick that backed up her big ol ass all on me... ohhh yeah
xx43q.jpg

[quote name='bsutton1']I waited about 45 minutes around the printers to get one of the $39 wireless printers for my mom. I got my printer and got checked out in 10 minutes.
It was complete insansity like I knew it would be. I heard that one girl got trample on trying to get video games at the 8pm sale. Alot of the video games were gone except a few of the $25 games (WWE 13, Call of Duty, Dishonored were a few that I saw). I was hoping for a copy of LA Noire to be there but no luck. Their was a line wrapping around 5 aisles in the grocery section for the TVs.
After I got my printer, it took me only 10 minutes to get checked out. Their wasn't too many long lines thank god.[/QUOTE]

i couldn't find any WWE 13 copies left at my store.. but found about 5 copie of LA Noire.. picked up one

[quote name='Barney']Man Walmart was Packed! Shit was mad confusing.
Like when i walked in i went directly to the electronic section of the store for the video games. I noticed they didn't have any of the games that were advertised that were going to be cheaper... A lady ended up telling me and a group of people that the video games were on the other side of the store...

there were lines everywhere... people waiting for the events to start... they had a bunch of covered boxes... most people didn't know what each line was for and everyone was just asking each other...

So i find the video game line and stand there.. about 20 or so people in front of me and a huge amount behind me.... when they finally uncovered the boxes shit got crazy.... there were no more lines.. basically everyone pushing each other trying to get to the front to the games lol.... it was cool with me cause i was touching mad ass, man...
i was just being my perverted old self so oh well
cheesy.gif

I was able to grab Dishonored, La Noire, Red Dead redemtion Game of the year Edition, and the last copy of Skyrim.... I ended up putting back Skyrim and Dishonored and kept the other two.. I mainly wanted WWE 13 but i didn't even get to see a copy.... oh well... some black dude offered to give me his copy but he had it for the PS3 and i needed it for the Xbox... but anyways... i got some good games for the low and i was able to grab a shit load of ass... all women!
wink.gif

then they had a line for a crap load of electronics... so it was a crap load of people... i wanted the blu ray player.... i stood in "line" for 2 hours.. from 8pm to 10pm cause the event started at 10... there were so many people all around me.. and a bunch of lines that ended up colliding...

next year ima get there earlier.. and ima wear some comfortable shoes...fuck... my feet are killing me...

ima dream about this Light skin chick that backed up her big ol ass all on me... ohhh yeah
xx43q.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is this real life? I sincerely hope you're like 14 but I kinda doubt it. Grow the fuck up, weirdo.

why cause random chicks kept backing up their booties onto me? look man i love women.... deal with it.... if anything ur the weird one...

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I arrived around 7:20PM and was immediately herded into a "gaming zone" where we were gathered around pallets of sealed merchandise. The crowd started getting restless and somebody started ravenously tearing through one of the pallets. Like lemmings, everybody followed suit. Soon, pandemonium erupted throughout the store as everyone in every department feverishly plowed through merchandise, hoarding anything they could touch.

I was able to snag Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and GOW Collections, and PM Max Payne from K-Mart. This was one of the locations where all games were kept behind lock and key throughout the day. This is what happens when you remain open the entire Thanksgiving day and night.

r86ov6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude, after reading your description on what happened in your Walmart, I don't see humans in that pic, I see animals, :lol:

[quote name='Slowdance']Is this real life? I sincerely hope you're like 14 but I kinda doubt it. Grow the fuck up, weirdo.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

No doubt, I remember that the only thing I looked forward to during the Walmart "riot," was shoving people and screaming obscenities at the top of my lungs ... until shit got real when the random customer jumped up on one of the cases and started what looked like it might turn into some form of hostage situation....

Got to walmart around 9 and was surprised of how much shit was still left. Picked up Borderlands 2, NBA 2k13, WWE, and madden 13

[quote name='vantheman']Any bets on how many deaths this year? lol[/QUOTE]

I would rest easier if I saw some trampling....

[quote name='evuong']Got to walmart around 9 and was surprised of how much shit was still left. Picked up Borderlands 2, NBA 2k13, WWE, and madden 13[/QUOTE]
i envy your walmart :cry:

Not sure if any of these stories are real, but I'm glad I've only done a single black Friday retail trip in my entire life. And I hope that I never have to do it again. Many people do become animals, and throw away any shred of decency to get a deal.

I thought my Walmart was going to have the same thing happen from last year where everyone just rushed in, crushed the pallets and grabbed what they could, but it was somewhat more organized. People were lining up around a corner originally, but then later they were told to form a new line facing a different way. Which caused some confusion, letting me sneak into the line. Good thing too or I wouldn't have got anything by the time I would've made it. The staff made an oval shape area where there was only one way entrance and one way exit. By the time I left a good chunk of the games were gone.

Apparently, Amazon did match some deals at Walmart, not just Best Buy. Could have save me a trip, but it doesn't look like GoW Saga was included. So I'm good either way.

By the way, did anyone pick up a Wii Remote Plus, how much were they? I decided not to get it because I didn't think it would be discounted much.

[quote name='Barney']why cause random chicks kept backing up their booties onto me? look man i love women.... deal with it.... if anything ur the weird one...[/QUOTE]

You're lucky you didn't get arrested or worse. Had someone's husband seen you do that, you might have wished you kept your hands to yourself. I'm just saying you should be careful, you might get hurt!

On topic all I got was Borderlands 2. Got most of everything else I wanted online earlier. CAG rules all.

Got Walmart to price match Toys R Us' buy one, get one for $1 on any game. Got me a stack of games. Also got them to give me Black Ops 2 for $35 so I picked up a copy and another for a friend for $1. Woohoo :D

Walmart was pretty nuts and the layout for games was kinda confusing like others have said. I will, however, vouch for that sweatshop of a company and say that it was nice to see that the majority of sale games were available for the consumer to simply pick up and check out. Nothing is worse than waiting for the single department cronie with keys who's being pulled in 10 different directions. All in all I did well..and it saves me from having to wake up early for the lightning deals tomorrow morning, or even missing out on a deal or two because once again tomorrow, I work.

COD Black Ops (last one)
COD MW2
Spec Ops
Little Big Planet 2
Ratchet and Clank Collection

Just about every register was open and I think made the right judgement in going at around 11:15pm after work. Yes, it was crowded, but the initial madness had ceased IMO.

man im a master... lol

i been doing this since Elementary school... any time there was a fight or a huge event... and there was a big crowd.. i was there! lol

anyways back to the main topic video game deals:

[quote name='Cyrcle']Got Walmart to price match Toys R Us' buy one, get one for $1 on any game. Got me a stack of games. Also got them to give me Black Ops 2 for $35 so I picked up a copy and another for a friend for $1. Woohoo :D[/QUOTE]

That's insane if true. They're BOGO because the games are $60.........

[quote name='Barney']man im a master... lol

i been doing this since Elementary school... any time there was a fight or a huge event... and there was a big crowd.. i was there! lol

anyways back to the main topic video game deals:[/QUOTE]

http://imageshack.us

Your a fucking creep dude

[quote name='icarusmight']You're lucky you didn't get arrested or worse. Had someone's husband seen you do that, you might have wished you kept your hands to yourself. I'm just saying you should be careful, you might get hurt!

On topic all I got was Borderlands 2. Got most of everything else I wanted online earlier. CAG rules all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...that guy's either a weirdo or a tool. Probably both.

I would've wrecked his shit had I seen him grab my fiancee's booty.

[quote name='plus1zero']Yeah...that guy's either a weirdo or a tool. Probably both.

I would've wrecked his shit had I seen him grab my fiancee's booty.[/QUOTE]

I'd say weirdo. His only form of contact is to grab their ass and pretend it wasn't him. Doesn't even talk to them. That's what you call a total creep. :lol:

glad i hid a copy of God of War Saga last night. I was also able to get games from the "normal" location (locked cases in the electronics dept) that rang up for the sale price.

I got real lucky I guess. I walked in at 7:40 and people had already ripped the pallets open. I grabbed everything I wanted:

Borderlands GOTY
Red dead GOTY
COD MW2
COD BO
Sly Collection
Brave blu ray

I got in line at a cashier who was told not to start ringing items up til 8. Borderlands rang up incorrectly but Customer Service was a ghost town for the moment, they fixed the receipt and I was in the car at 8:10. I grabbed a glow in the dark Sonic Boom as well, I didn't even know it existed.

bread's done
Back