Walmarts across the country getting healthy stocks of PS4s on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
http://www.gaming-age.com/2013/12/walmart-getting-largest-shipment-yet-ps4s-sunday-dec-15th/

Keep in mind that some Walmarts have already received their allotted stocks and have already put them onto sales floors. When a retailer says that they are going to have X product on Y day, that's because they are holding whatever they have already received in their backrooms until that day, and not all stores follow that rule. This was a big problem during the Wii's initial hype and it's a great marketing tactic that ups demand.

kinda bummed the comments from the other 2 threads about very specific WMs getting systems wasnt merged into this one lol. "gold, jerry. gold!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the negatives be b/c of defective exchanges or returns? I know my local GS has had lots of defective returns on XB1.

I'll get a PS4 someday...that day will likely be when I can have FF15 and KH3 in my hands at the same time. =) Good that the machines are launching at $400 for a 500GB capacity. Which means I can get them for even better deals around the holidays.

-Thinks about saving $30-40 a month out of my paychecks between now and same time next year-

Could the negatives be b/c of defective exchanges or returns? I know my local GS has had lots of defective returns on XB1.
Negative inventory numbers at Walmart usually happens when an assocaite incorrectly counts the stock of an item (changes the on hand to 0 in most cases.) then that item passes through the register it counts every sold item as -1. These negative on hands affects the computer assisted ordering system by preventing it from replenishing it naturally. So unless these PS4's are forced out to all stores the ones with negatives may not get more until the on hand is fixed.

Sam's Club in Zanesville, Ohio has had at least 4 or 5 Xbox Ones in stock each time I've gone there. I don't think people notice them where they're stocked, (bottom shelf, below the games).

My Walmart is waiting until 8am to release them #2956 shorewood, IL. I was told 10 boxes by a manager but now they are saying only around 16 ps4s. We had a few people come in and leave. I suggest coming in around 6am. Hopefully there won't be a line by then. Happy hunting.

Hoping to snag one up, leaving my house at about 5..normally I wouldn't be a person to wait but I have nothing else going on besides at home on the computer so I guess I'll take my vita and hang out lol

I showed up at 8 and they sold the last one.

I think they had about 7.

Healthy stock, it was not.

Same deal with Target.

Oh well, back to the stock checkers for me.

Currently waiting...can't tell what spot in line I hold I'm guessing 5th but 1 more hour to go..never liked waiting but could be worse....nothing compares to 30th AG at Fort Benning.

Edit: turns out they got 36 woo..electronics person wouldnt say but the assistant manager told us. So win for me. Henderson, Nevada for anyone wondering

i was able to get one, was about 9th in line, everyone who waited got one. the walmart in modesto ca, had about 30 in stock 

Can't wait to get a PS4, though I'm waiting for a bundle or some exclusive games to come out.

Question for everyone jumping on the PS4 now... I'm curious as to what is making you buy it now, Killzone, Knack, the camera, or just hype? All of us are gamers and have current consoles, and all major games are out on every console at the moment, so there's currently only a small amount of content you would be missing.

Can't wait to get a PS4, though I'm waiting for a bundle or some exclusive games to come out.

Question for everyone jumping on the PS4 now... I'm curious as to what is making you buy it now, Killzone, Knack, the camera, or just hype? All of us are gamers and have current consoles, and all major games are out on every console at the moment, so there's currently only a small amount of content you would be missing.
Killzone and BF4 for me..I still have my ps3 but those 2 alone will keep me busy.

Happy days for alot, but a sad day for me. Had to call Sony and set up for repair of my PS4 :whistle2:(
You must still be within your store's return period. I would just go that route, assuming they would put you in line to get a replacement when they have more stock or just flat out refund.

And it looks like bestbuy has had unbundled xbox ones available for shipping the past day online. Has the frenzy for that died already?

bread's done
Back