Wario Ware

[quote name='hupp']Ds graphics just hit the Wii.
Weeeeeeeee![/quote]Better than GBA graphics like you said last time!

It was only a temp ban? :whistle2:(

So WarioWare is most likely not even going to be in stores until Tuesday, huh? They should just tell us that the game comes out on the 16th, and then ship the game on the 15th!

No comments on the EGM review? They are pretty harsh towards it (though the scores are decent), but they are pretty harsh on the whole slate of games they reviewed this month. They give it 8/8.5/7.5, which is not bad from EGM (considering they panned Elebits). Some other scores from the latest issue: Wii Play (6/4.5/5), PS3 Full Auto 2 (6.5/6/6.5), Lost Planet (6.5/8/7.5), Rogue Galaxy (7.5/7/8), Phoenix Wright 2 (6/8/7), and the big surprise, Hotel Dusk (8/8/10!). So, except for an obscure DS title and GOTM MGS Portable Ops (9.5/9/9) WarioWare is their highest rated game.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I thought they ship Tuesday and arrive Wednesday?[/QUOTE]

Most Nintendo games, from what I remember working retail, shipped Monday and were in stores Tuesday. Sometimes they even were in stores on Monday.

Warioware ships tomorrow and will be in stores Tuesday.

I think they do it like this to be a day ahead of any other competition, and to have their product out the same day as the other new media releases (DVD / CD's).

It makes sense. Most people don't want to make two trips to whichever store they are going to.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Does tomorrow's US Postal Holiday affect UPS/FedEx?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, since UPS / FedEx aren't government agencies.

Yea, I looked it up, UPS / FedEx still work that day.

If I could get the game Tuesday I'd be VERY happy. But as anyone who is familair with GR knows, I'll be lucky to get it Friday if at all :rofl:.

I got mine on release day thank god. I had to go all the way out to the Nintendo World store in Manhattan (4 hour round trip) and I'm too exhausted to play myself. I was watching my brother play a few games and I'm gonna hog it the whole day tomorrow.

Nintendo World was the only store that had WW that was available for purchase today in my area. It was even available to play on the In-Store Wii demos.

I think I got my call from EB today saying to get it tomorrow, but I was teaching a class and had left my phone on so the call got messed up as I fumbled with the phone and didn't get to hear it or a voice mail. ;)

[quote name='Biggington']I got mine on release day thank god. I had to go all the way out to the Nintendo World store in Manhattan (4 hour round trip) and I'm too exhausted to play myself. I was watching my brother play a few games and I'm gonna hog it the whole day tomorrow.

Nintendo World was the only store that had WW that was available for purchase today in my area. It was even available to play on the In-Store Wii demos.[/quote]ahhh, very lucky, you are.

Todaaaaay is the day, folks *bounces around the room* Got my call from GS, too. Haven't been this excited for a game launch since AC: DS. And unlike AC: DS, this time I will actually have time to PLAY the game when I get it. Hurrah!

I can't wait to get my microgame on *bounces some more* :D

Saw this at my BB last night. Must have had them out cause it was right before close. I cant wait to get this and some drinks. WarioWare drinking game is one of the greatest nights there is with a video game.

[quote name='coltcannon']Saw this at my BB last night. Must have had them out cause it was right before close. I cant wait to get this and some drinks. WarioWare drinking game is one of the greatest nights there is with a video game.[/quote]

Good deal. BB is my first stop this morning.

I skipped my first class, went to Wal-Mart to buy it, it looked like they were taking it out of the box to set up, and I made a sudden decision to not get it. Not sure why. I've never played a WarioWare game before. None of my friends really care too much about Wii so multiplayer is not a selling point, and the seemingly short single player mode made me hang on a little tighter to my $50 when it came right down to it!

I figure I'll give this one a bit of thought and read some of you guys' impressions, then decide.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']I skipped my first class, went to Wal-Mart to buy it, it looked like they were taking it out of the box to set up, and I made a sudden decision to not get it. Not sure why. I've never played a WarioWare game before. None of my friends really care too much about Wii so multiplayer is not a selling point, and the seemingly short single player mode made me hang on a little tighter to my $50 when it came right down to it!

I figure I'll give this one a bit of thought and read some of you guys' impressions, then decide.[/quote]If you can get ahold of eith of the two GBA games, I think, currently, those are the best in the series, to get a better idea of what is involved in the series. I'm still not sure it's worth $50, but knowing Nintendo games, I don't forsee it dropping in price any time soon.

Has anyone nabbed this at an EB/GS yet? Wondering if it's coming via UPS today or if they've got them already. I'll be calling before I leave to go to lunch.

Going to head out to grab this game sometime later today. Can't wait for it. Definitely will be one of the best and craziest Wii games available, I know it.

[quote name='daroga']If you can get ahold of eith of the two GBA games, I think, currently, those are the best in the series, to get a better idea of what is involved in the series. I'm still not sure it's worth $50, but knowing Nintendo games, I don't forsee it dropping in price any time soon.

Has anyone nabbed this at an EB/GS yet? Wondering if it's coming via UPS today or if they've got them already. I'll be calling before I leave to go to lunch.[/quote]It's on the shipment list for today, so expect it by mid-afternoon. Actually, it's "WarioWare: Smoot" in the computer. :lol:

Hoping GameRush comes through for me this time, or I might be waiting.

[quote name='botticus']It's on the shipment list for today, so expect it by mid-afternoon. Actually, it's "WarioWare: Smoot" in the computer. :lol:

Hoping GameRush comes through for me this time, or I might be waiting.[/quote]Yeah, I called before lunch. Said they didn't have it yet, but they expected it today.

I just called my BB and they said that it should be in today but they don't have it yet! I guess I'll call 'em after classes. Kinda good for me since I can't get to the store 'till late anyway.

I wanted this game so bad, but Im pissed that Nintendo did not give it widescreen support. Which makes me also think that it probably doesnt run in 480p either, but I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

I could have sworn Nintendo once said that all their first party games would be in 480p and widescreen.

[quote name='daroga']I'm still not sure it's worth $50, but knowing Nintendo games, I don't forsee it dropping in price any time soon.
[/QUOTE]

It won't have an official drop anytime soon, but I"m sure there will be some stores that will have on sale for $30 or so within the next few months.

I'm holding out as it definitely isn't worth $50 to me.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I wanted this game so bad, but Im pissed that Nintendo did not give it widescreen support. Which makes me also think that it probably doesnt run in 480p either, but I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

I could have sworn Nintendo once said that all their first party games would be in 480p and widescreen.[/quote]
Waaaait, it doesn't support widescreen?
That's stupid.
Oh well, it'll still be decent.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I wanted this game so bad, but Im pissed that Nintendo did not give it widescreen support. Which makes me also think that it probably doesnt run in 480p either, but I couldn't find anything to confirm that.

I could have sworn Nintendo once said that all their first party games would be in 480p and widescreen.[/quote]

From IGN.com's review: http://wii.ign.com/articles/755/755377p1.html

Graphics
WarioWare’s style is nearly inexplicable. One minute you’re looking at crude crayon art, and the next minute you step into the Wind Waker world. No 16:9, but 480p is appreciated.

Also, I just called 3 Gamerush stores in my area, and their computer lists the release date as July 16th. They said it had been pushed back. Any truth to this?

[quote name='screwkick']From IGN.com's review:

Graphics
WarioWare’s style is nearly inexplicable. One minute you’re looking at crude crayon art, and the next minute you step into the Wind Waker world. No 16:9, but 480p is appreciated.

Also, I just called 3 Gamerush stores in my area, and their computer lists the release date as July 16th. They said it had been pushed back. Any truth to this?[/quote]
No.

The Best Buy site still says "Coming Soon" for 'In-Store Pickup'. This is before I enter my zip code, so it's not necessarily a local issue. Does the lack of ability to order it online for in-store pickup mean that it's not (by and large) available in Best Buys across the U.S.? Or do games usually hit the shelves a day (or a few hours, at least) before the site allows you to secure that inventory? I really don't want to make the trip if it's likely to be a fruitless one.

Where did you find that out? I'd like to see that info about other games as well.

[quote name='rodeojones903']
I could have sworn Nintendo once said that all their first party games would be in 480p and widescreen.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, all of Nintendo's GC 1st party games had 480p, so Wario Ware should too.

Just got back from hollywood,ca best buy and picked up the game. They had at least 30 of them. I used a copy of the 10 off coupon from gamepro. The cashier looked at the back and saw it was a copy but didnt care anyway :D

[quote name='jollydwarf']The Best Buy site still says "Coming Soon" for 'In-Store Pickup'. This is before I enter my zip code, so it's not necessarily a local issue. Does the lack of ability to order it online for in-store pickup mean that it's not (by and large) available in Best Buys across the U.S.? Or do games usually hit the shelves a day (or a few hours, at least) before the site allows you to secure that inventory? I really don't want to make the trip if it's likely to be a fruitless one.[/quote]
Bestbuy has had the same message (Coming Soon) for all wii games for a while now, not just WW. None of the Wii games are available for local pickup right now through Bestbuy.com...have to check the B&M.

Oh well, so even if GR got this game in on time I'd be out of luck. Snowed in, can't even leave the house... Would sure be nice to have WarioWare to play about now!

Got mine today at Best Buy and used the $10 off $40 coupon with no problem, cashier didn't really read the coupon and just scanned it. Also used my $5 RZ certificate and $18 left on my gift card. Can't wait to try it out!

Got it at EB. It's a really good time. I am noticing some GPU artificating in some random spots in the game, which I've not noticed in any other game. Anyone else?

Also, the introductions for how to hold the remote are some of the best things, ever. ;)

[quote name='daroga']Got it at EB. It's a really good time. I am noticing some GPU artificating in some random spots in the game, which I've not noticed in any other game. Anyone else?

Also, the introductions for how to hold the remote are some of the best things, ever. ;)[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice any artifacting (that's when weird flickery colors pop up, right?)

The intros remind me of deep thoughts by Jack Handy

bread's done
Back