Wario Ware

Damn, I'm tempted to slalom my car down to the local Fred Meyer and pick one up at full price (with the intention of returning my GR copy there later) just to have something to do while stuck in the house... Is it worth the risk of sideswiping parked cars though? That is the question you people need to answer for me ;).

[quote name='io']Damn, I'm tempted to slalom my car down to the local Fred Meyer and pick one up at full price (with the intention of returning my GR copy there later) just to have something to do while stuck in the house... Is it worth the risk of sideswiping parked cars though? That is the question you people need to answer for me ;).[/quote]

Maybe you could ask a friend nearby to a store to pick it up for you and bring it to you, or something to that effect.

If not, grab your keys because you're going shopping. Just be careful of course.

[quote name='io']Oh well, so even if GR got this game in on time I'd be out of luck. Snowed in, can't even leave the house... Would sure be nice to have WarioWare to play about now![/quote]

Got snowed in where I live as well, I was going to check out the fred meyers here but the roads are terrible today.

This may be worth the price of admission just to see Jimmy and the dancing cats... My dog is fascinated. She came running when she heard them meowing, and was staring intently at the TV for quite some time.

Is anyone else a bit disappointed in his stage games, BTW? He has always been my favorite...

[quote name='PleasantOne']This may be worth the price of admission just to see Jimmy and the dancing cats... My dog is fascinated. She came running when she heard them meowing, and was staring intently at the TV for quite some time.

Is anyone else a bit disappointed in his stage games, BTW? He has always been my favorite...[/QUOTE]

yeah, since they were all repeats but the dancing cats made up for it :) I was more disappointed with the witch girl, since she had that cool weird song in Touched.

Great game though!

Picked it up today, I'm about to pop it in.

Got it for $40.00 after BB coupon, something of interest was that they had them stashed in the back. They only got like 5, so I guess that was a good thing.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, since they were all repeats but the dancing cats made up for it :) I was more disappointed with the witch girl, since she had that cool weird song in Touched.

Great game though![/quote]

I agree, am enjoying it as I expected... but I was disappointed that her song was left out, as well!

I can still har it in my head now... she was the one stage I had trouble with in Touched... I dunno how many times I heard that song!

Is anyone seeing some weird graphical articfacting in certain areas? I've seen it a very small bit in the introductions to holding the wiimote sections, and then really bad in the driving mini game (boss).

[quote name='daroga']Is anyone seeing some weird graphical articfacting in certain areas? I've seen it a very small bit in the introductions to holding the wiimote sections, and then really bad in the driving mini game (boss).[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure what graphical artifacting is... but I haven't noticed any graphical glitches in my game.

When I googled the term, I saw a lot of people mentioning graphics chipsets getting overheated... grant you, that was for computers... but I wonder if the same thing might affect the Wii?

[quote name='schuerm26']Speaking of snowed in, check out this video.

www.drudgereport.com

then click on this link-
VIDEO: SNOW, ICE CREATE BUMPER CAR MADNESS IN PORTLAND...[/QUOTE]

Well, I saw this on my local news (I assume it's the same thing - won't click on Drudge to find out ;)).

I live near there but there are no hills between me and Fred Meyer (if this is the same video what is hard to tell is that there are some steep hills there), so I ventured forth and procured a WarioWare! It makes me nervous to pay $49.99 (I intend to return my GR copy to FM when it comes in) but this is the perfect game to play since we'll be stuck at home at least through tomorrow. Though right now there's no need for it as the kids are having a blast in the yard.

I just drove *really* slowly and had no problems, save for one issue of traction when starting off at a Stop sign. They also had Classic controller and nunchuks, but no Wii's (needless to say, never seen one there). Oh, and they had 2 60GB PS3's ;).

Just picked up my copy at BB, $39.99 after the $10 off. Had two RZ Certs ($15), came out to $25+tax! Hurray for CAG :)!

This is what we did before we pop in WarioWare (well, the kids made snowmen, and our 4 month old kittens made their first trip ever outside, and I took pictures of both):

(by the way, her name is Peach and her sister is Daisy - named by the kids needless to say ;)).

[quote name='io']This is what we did before we pop in WarioWare (well, the kids made snowmen, and our 4 month old kittens made their first trip ever outside, and I took pictures of both):

(by the way, her name is Peach and her sister is Daisy - named by the kids needless to say ;)).[/quote]

what a cutie. pretty eyes!

I grabbed a copy at target tonight...I'm having a lot of fun with the single player so far and I can't wait to get some multiplayer action going later. I played a little of the DS edition, but so far I'm having more fun with this one and the colors and art look great in big screen 480P!

done with the single player in 2 hours. will do multiplayer tonight...up for trade tomorrow? :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']done with the single player in 2 hours. will do multiplayer tonight...up for trade tomorrow? :lol:[/QUOTE]

#-o

That's too bad, but it is one of the knocks on the game. I'll be keeping mine anyway, as the kids can get a lot of replay out of it even once we beat it.

[quote name='io']#-o

That's too bad, but it is one of the knocks on the game. I'll be keeping mine anyway, as the kids can get a lot of replay out of it even once we beat it.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering keeping it for my nephew and niece but they won't even look at any games but Wii Sports and Smash Bros. :lol:

[quote name='schuerm26']Speaking of snowed in, check out this video.

www.drudgereport.com

then click on this link-
VIDEO: SNOW, ICE CREATE BUMPER CAR MADNESS IN PORTLAND...[/quote]

I don't think it was ice that created it... I think it was stupidity. What a moron :rofl:

Io, what a cute kitty!!!

I got through the Wiimote only portion of the game and I'm onto the w/ nunchuck portion now... I have a feeling this is going to be disappointingly short, like people said:/ But it's still worth the $ to me ;) Really need to revisit the handheld ones now, too... and finish twisted... I got stuck and never did finish!

By the by... to anyone who might be concerned about the controls (as I was)... they work SO very well in this. The only thing I have had trouble with is distance. I find being about 5 ft away is best. Some of the games work fine from my couch (about 8 ft), but others are kind of sluggish that far away. All in all, though, the controls work well... SO very much better than those in Monkey Ball. If this had turned into another SMB debacle for me, I would have been quite angry :p

I just grabbed this game from EB. It's a lot of fun so far.us

This is kind of funny. I tried to register this game with the Wii browser and it crashed for the first time` Awesome!

Got mine for 40 with BB coupon...cant wait to open it and try it out. Length wont be an issue for me as I dont have more than 30 minutes usually to play games nightly.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Got mine for 40 with BB coupon...cant wait to open it and try it out. Length wont be an issue for me as I dont have more than 30 minutes usually to play games nightly.[/QUOTE]

Finally someone like me! I am always annoyed when I hear about how a game isn't "long enough", and I am like, "How much time do you guys have to play? I get like an hour a day if I am really lucky!" That's actually one of the things I like about the Wii's catalog - it has a lot of stuff you can jump into and get out of quickly, Zelda notwithstanding.

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;2579580]Finally someone like me! I am always annoyed when I hear about how a game isn't "long enough" said:
I don't have much time either, thus I don't mind the concept of short games. I just mind paying full price for them because value is value regardless of time.

Thus short games like this need to be in the $20-30 range before I'll bite.

But to be fair, I'm just cheap with games (this is CAG after all!) and their are few games I'll pay more than $20-30 for period. Too many other hobbies calling for my $$$.

er, believe it or not, I agree with you guys. I don't like 40 hour epics. I like shorter games or games that have a ton of replay value.

but I finished it while waiting to go over to my friends place. then we will probably get all we can out of multiplayer in the hour before we head out. I did put in more time than usual, though. I could see someone stretching it out over a few weeks if they don't play that much.

Just saying some gamers may not feel that $40-50 is worth it. It's a great couple of hours though.

Finished both GBA games in preparation for this (which I got for $10 each)... but if GR doesn't get it this week, I too will be waiting till it drops to the $20-$30 range. One day.

If anyone does want to trade.. I'd be willing to part with Excite Truck or Metal Slug Anthology..

[quote name='Apossum']er, believe it or not, I agree with you guys. I don't like 40 hour epics. I like shorter games or games that have a ton of replay value.

but I finished it while waiting to go over to my friends place. then we will probably get all we can out of multiplayer in the hour before we head out. I did put in more time than usual, though. I could see someone stretching it out over a few weeks if they don't play that much.

Just saying some gamers may not feel that $40-50 is worth it. It's a great couple of hours though.[/QUOTE]

An example of the perfect kind of game for me in terms of gameplay length design is Elite Beat Agents on the DS. You can have a satisfying experience after literally no more than 5 minutes. To beat the game on one difficulty level, you're only looking at just over a dozen songs, average of 4 minutes each...we're not talking about a long game.

But the replay value, and the pick-up-play-put-downability of it makes it far more rewarding than most japanese RPGs that require you to play sometimes for 30 minutes before you can even save!!

I've put about 10 hours into Zelda and I've only just done the first three dungeons...its going to take me a while to finish :)

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']
I've put about 10 hours into Zelda and I've only just done the first three dungeons...its going to take me a while to finish :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's flying.

I was at just under 20 hours when I finished the 3rd dungeon. Finished the game in 45 hours without doing many side quests after that.

The game speeds up some, as with one big exception their isn't nearly as much run around in between the last 6 dungeons as in between the first 3 if you stick to the main path.

so is there only one map? my wife has played about 2 hours and our map looks full so if this is the case, are we looking at 2 hours or so for the single player story?

Paid a whopping $2.42 for this after best buy's $10 off coupon and my 2 gift cards, and I would have easily paid retail for it

oh my god am I having a blast...this game is absolutely hysterical!

I beat all 50 levels on the block tower mini-game thing too.....it got nuts/really frustrating near the end

I'm stuck on the stupid swordfight at the end of one of the later sets of minigames in the normal one-player mode thing....I time it to right before the guy swings in the right direction and everything and it only works roughly half the time....

[quote name='io']This is what we did before we pop in WarioWare (well, the kids made snowmen, and our 4 month old kittens made their first trip ever outside, and I took pictures of both):

(by the way, her name is Peach and her sister is Daisy - named by the kids needless to say ;)).[/QUOTE]

I need that cat. CML for it.

[quote name='SoccerEBA3']Paid a whopping $2.42 for this after best buy's $10 off coupon and my 2 gift cards, and I would have easily paid retail for it

oh my god am I having a blast...this game is absolutely hysterical!

I beat all 50 levels on the block tower mini-game thing too.....it got nuts/really frustrating near the end

I'm stuck on the stupid swordfight at the end of one of the later sets of minigames in the normal one-player mode thing....I time it to right before the guy swings in the right direction and everything and it only works roughly half the time....[/quote]
Well, the mistake I was doing was that I was swinging. The way you do it is by flipping the Wii Remote to whatever side he strikes at, and hold it there. He'll attack down the center, so hold the Wii Remote vertical.

Have the people complaining about the "length" of single player ever played a WarioWare game before? The first time through (where it stops you after 10-15 games with each character) is just for sampling. The whole point of the game is on later plays where the game keeps getting faster and harder until you feel almost out of control. That's where the fun is. Try to beat your high scores. I won't be "done" with the single player for months.

[quote name='swarmster']Have the people complaining about the "length" of single player ever played a WarioWare game before? The first time through (where it stops you after 10-15 games with each character) is just for sampling. The whole point of the game is on later plays where the game keeps getting faster and harder until you feel almost out of control. That's where the fun is. Try to beat your high scores. I won't be "done" with the single player for months.[/QUOTE]

BEAR MIXES!

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Got mine for 40 with BB coupon...cant wait to open it and try it out. Length wont be an issue for me as I dont have more than 30 minutes usually to play games nightly.[/QUOTE]

Same here, 10 bucks off was a great Deal. I hope I have time tonight to play it.

Just picked up the game, and looking forward to playing it in a few minutes.

I can't wait. Length is not an issue with a WarioWare game. If you are getting a WarioWare game, you should already be well aware that it isn't a 40 hour epic quest to save the kingdom. Its quick, pick-up-and-play fun, pure and simple.

Ugh, I didn't have time to get this game today. I hope BB has it tomorrow or Thursday. We've got BB credit from returned Xmas Wii games (Avatar Last Airbender = cry) we need to use.

Damn Wii and getting it early and enjoying it and making us want to get all these games so close to retail. The cheapass-that-only-buys-games-for-$20-or-less in me is crying.

[quote name='swarmster']Have the people complaining about the "length" of single player ever played a WarioWare game before?[/quote]

This one is short for a Wario Ware game, IMO. I've played all the others and I know they took me longer that 2 hours to finish through the first time. I think part of that might have been because the games were a bit more challenging.

While I'm not sorry I bought it, and I had heard it was a bit lacking in comparsion, I'm still a bit disappointed. Touched was soooooooooo extensive... I was hoping for a similar experience here. I like pick up and play games, but I like a lot of content, as well.

I has much replayability value for me, and i'm loving it, but I do think it could have been better. I hope there'll be more WW releases on Wii on down the line. Really wish they'd bring out another for the DS, too... can't have too much Wario Ware!

[quote name='noahj']so is there only one map? my wife has played about 2 hours and our map looks full so if this is the case, are we looking at 2 hours or so for the single player story?[/QUOTE]

Well, as someone said, the first time through every story/character, it limits you. You only do 10 or 15 minigames or so and then a boss and then its over. But try going back and you'll see that it becomes a survival mode of sorts, with no limit in sight, and just keeps chugging away until its too fast for you and you lose...then it keeps the top three high scores.

I think its a blast to be honest. I was a little worried after unlocking and beating three of the stories, but then I went back into Wario for fun and was glued to the TV for about 12 minutes as it kept getting faster and faster and faster...you get a 1up after each boss battle, and you need it, because as it gets faster, you'll lose more and more lives. Out of all of them the Wario one is the most vanilla. A lot of the minigames were ok, but in the other few stories I tried (cheerleader, ninja girls), the minigames were a lot more diverse and fun (and having to change grips frantically makes it all the more entertaining.)

Great game, definitely far more polished and playable than Rayman IMO. And even better...for people still having trouble finding Wiimotes...you only need one to have a party :)

I'm thinking about picking this up tomorrow (if possible), but I need some convincing. I don't play my Wii much at all, and almost never by myself, but I am in need of something new that I can play for fifteen minutes at a time that doesn't get old too quickly. Also, I've never played a Wario Ware game before.

To anybody who has this game:
I'm trying to play multi-player but I can't find it!!!

Please help me and my brother out ASAP!

[quote name='ragnahrok']To anybody who has this game:
I'm trying to play multi-player but I can't find it!!!

Please help me and my brother out ASAP![/quote]

you have to beat the single player first.

[quote name='defiance_17']I'm thinking about picking this up tomorrow (if possible), but I need some convincing. I don't play my Wii much at all, and almost never by myself, but I am in need of something new that I can play for fifteen minutes at a time that doesn't get old too quickly. Also, I've never played a Wario Ware game before.[/quote]

I would say WW is an excellent choice because, as has been mentioned, it is a very pick up and play sort of game... though you may have trouble putting it down ;)

Also I don't feel it gets old because it is fast moving, and the games always come at you in different combinations and orders... not to mention there are unlockables.

All the different grips in the game make it quite interesting too... there are a lot to change to/from... and once you unlock the elephant buildings, you can play a big string of all the game syou have played so far, which means any of the postures can be drawn on at any time. It's a lot of fun by yourself... and, unless your friends are a bunch of uptight people who can't bare to laugh at themselves, then I can only imagine it would be GREAT multiplayer fun. I can see this game being a hit at a party... as long as you're not partying with the aforementioned uptight stuffy types ;P I would imagine that even people who didn't want to play would have a ball just watching and laughing at the people who were playing ;)

Mind you, I haven't tried out actual multiplayer mode yet... I think just single player mode with multiple people would be fun, though.

Anyhow... I say pick it up... it's perfect for people who want something they can play for 15 minutes at a time. You could always drop by GameCrazy or such and give it a try, too... before you bye, just to see. I hesitate to say everyone will like Wario Ware, because people's tastes are so varied... but they are fantastic games in my eyes.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I need that cat. CML for it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:. Sorry, she's not up for trade. She does, however, appear to be in heat. She's hitting on my 18 lb 8-year-old male cat (and yet she's only 4 1/2 lbs, it is quite a sight). He's neutered so he just thinks she's annoying ;). The poor thing is only 4 1/2 months old and they told us they spay at 6 - guess she's going in early. Kids these days and their unbridled sex drives... What is this world coming to?

ANYWAY, look, I understand WarioWare games are short. Though I know me and my kids have put a lot of time into WarioWare Twisted and haven't finished it yet. My son and I got through 3/4 of Smooth Moves in about an hour and a half tonight. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a great game and we're glad we have it. He'll play it frequently I think. My other son liked the true minigames (as opposed to microgames) that you unlock. He likes "Can Shoot" in particular. It seems we have 3 and there are supposed to be 6? So we still have those to unlock. Also, looking at the screen with all the minigames there are still many we haven't seen from earlier levels. So unlocking some of that stuff will take you a few more hours as well.

So there's probably 4-6 hours to spend to unlock and explore everything - and that's not counting multiplayer. It really is too bad there are not the "flowers" or whatever you got for clearing levels in subsquent play like in the other games. It could have used some incentive to go back and play older levels.

The game controls great (as someone else said - like Elebits and not like SMB). It also looks great (I saw no graphical issues whatsoever during my play on a 51" widescreen with component cables. Supposedly it is not widescreen? I can't tell - looks great in widescreen on my TV (but then I watch most regular TV stretched to widescreen and have simply gotten used to it).

The change of pace with the "forms" (ways of holding the Wiimote) is perfect and keeps you on your toes. The only "trick" is to make sure you start off the games that require pointer use pointing at the screen - otherwise you waste precious seconds with the pointer off-screen and not registering. (This was a minor complaint in one review about how this will confuse casual pick-up-and-play gamers and I now see the point there, but it just takes a few games to get used to it).

bread's done
Back