Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='mav451']Anyone going to the Monday midnight launch of FO3?
I was perusing Rockville BB for an actual, functioning GH:WT drum unit (that failed). That ended up with the employee talking about how kids are chewing on the drumsticks, girls dropping the guitars for no reason...but ended up with the guy advertising the FO3 launch.

How GH:WT >> FO3 is connected, I'll never know. But apparently, Bethesda will be there with Game Dir, Lead Producer, Artist, and Designer. I wasn't into all the hype, but I suppose an autographed copy of FO3 could be useful someday.

This should supplement it:
http://kotaku.com/5068343/best-buys-fallout-3-midnight-launches[/quote]

I will be at the Rockville Best Buy at midnight (live 10 minutes away). I actually wasn't gonna buy Fallout just yet since there are so many games, but having the developers there seems worth it. Hope I wont be bored for long.

If you guys plan something, let me know.

[quote name='technomage']I'm going to be at the Rockville Best Buy. They will have the airstream trailer from PAX for people to check out.[/quote]

Yeah I stopped by after work, the guy was inside vacuuming lol.

Made the trip up to Nova Scotia successfully :) -- Though the town is giving more of a stepford wives vibe then a "The Thing" vibe, but I am sure that will pass as I get to know people.

Anyway, thanks again for all the well wishing.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Lurk?

[quote name='dwhelan']Made the trip up to Nova Scotia successfully :) -- Though the town is giving more of a stepford wives vibe then a "The Thing" vibe, but I am sure that will pass as I get to know people.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Lurk?[/QUOTE]

Just wait til it gets colder and the snow piles up higher than your house! ;) But otherwise, you might as well just find yourself a nicely programmed lady to settle down with.

Don't be a stranger to the board!

MjC

[quote name='dwhelan']Made the trip up to Nova Scotia successfully :) -- Though the town is giving more of a stepford wives vibe then a "The Thing" vibe, but I am sure that will pass as I get to know people.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Lurk?[/quote]

Glad to know the move was successful and a safe one. Don't forget about the CAG crew down here in the U.S. now.

As for Lurk, I saw him say on Goozex that he would be resuming life shortly. lol Guessing his newborn had him rather busy.

P.S. Has anyone heard from Lurk?[/quote]

That's great. I hope you have a good transition up there. Don't forget to lookup Greg Sewart.

I am sure Lurk is busy as all get out. I know when I had my baby girl (no.2), it was that much more difficult to keep up. Just like someone told me once, one child, you and your spouse can play zone, two children and you have to go to man to man.

Oh, if anyone is out and about for the GoW 2 launch tonight, my band is playing the Tyson's Corner Mall Gamestop launch. Should be cool, I know we will be giving away a few games to folks that are waiting in line. Come up and say hello to a fellow CAG. Cleaver will be accompanying me to the show and we are going to see what freebies we can snag, lol.

[quote name='thebob101']Oh, if anyone is out and about for the GoW 2 launch tonight, my band is playing the Tyson's Corner Mall Gamestop launch. Should be cool, I know we will be giving away a few games to folks that are waiting in line. Come up and say hello to a fellow CAG. Cleaver will be accompanying me to the show and we are going to see what freebies we can snag, lol.[/quote]

Very cool! What time is the gig, and are y'all playing inside the mall in front of the Gamestop?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I thought that Maryland was technically in the south...... :whistle2:k[/quote]

It's below the Mason-Dixon Line if that means anything.

I have a couple of Gears of War 2 theme codes that I got from the launch show last night (which was awesome). If anyone wants one, PM me and I will send you the code.

I'm not a overly active contributor to CAG but I do lurk. Anyway, because of an upcoming move I've decided to sell off a great deal of my video game collection. It consists of PS3, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii/GC games. So far I've posted the PS3 and PS2 games:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tag/917240720.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/tag/917259843.html

I'll be posting the 360 and Wii stuff later today.

If you are interested please contact me and I'm sure we can work out a fair price. Make sure you mention CAG. I'm thinking that contacting me via Craigslist is probably the best option since I don't check these boards that often.

[quote name='180husher']Dude, your 360 inventory may have cost you $700 new, but there is no way they are worth even a quarter of that. Good luck.[/quote]

You may be totally correct there. I based my figures on averages.

Besides that, I'm asking for "Best Offer" not assigning prices to anything. By quoting values I hoped to fend off people who were trying to lowball me. Offering $75 for the entire collection is in no way a fair offer but that's sometimes the type of offer you'll get on Craigslist.

Glancing at your 360 list, most of those have recently been available for $10-20 new. Some were even less because of clearance. $75 is in the ballpark because they are used and because several will be duplicative of the buyer's collection if sold as a group.

You could always do better though. Stuff is always worth whatever someone will pay, and not everyone values stuff like I do. Good luck.

well this thread has all but died. lol Just a heads up to all. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to put together another meet for next month. May have to put it on hold as I am house hunting right now and need to focus on that.

But if something isn't put together for next month, I'll def work out the next meet for late Feb/early March.

[quote name='G-Nitro']well this thread has all but died. lol Just a heads up to all. Trying to figure out if I'll be able to put together another meet for next month. May have to put it on hold as I am house hunting right now and need to focus on that.

But if something isn't put together for next month, I'll def work out the next meet for late Feb/early March.[/quote]

I haven't been here (this thread) for some time. Like to help organize another meetup in Rockville (Dave & Busters). Anyone interested? Maybe sometime in late January/early February. I miss them, they were very cool.

How does everyone feel about Saturday, February 7th @ D&B White Flint at 3:00pm for the next meet? This is the weekend after the Superbowl, so hopefully it would be available for most people.

Looking forward to seeing faces old and new!

MjC

I will either be working midnight shift that weekend or at NY Comic-con. I am free any saturday after that tho. I know the following saturday is Valentine's day and a single guy like me is free, but I'm sure everyone else is not. So, I'm down for the 21st or 28th as my best dates

[quote name='MCalvert1']How does everyone feel about Saturday, February 7th @ D&B White Flint at 3:00pm for the next meet? This is the weekend after the Superbowl, so hopefully it would be available for most people.

Looking forward to seeing faces old and new!

MjC[/quote]

Feb 7th should be good for me.

With a couple replies stating that the 7th would be no good, how does the 21st sound to everyone? Is there anyone that could do the 7th, but not the 21st? We'll have to decide on a date regardless, but I'd like to exclude as few people as possible.

MjC

I am down for the 21st, but like Moose said, February is pretty open for me as well, all I have to do is decide if I want to house hunt in D.C. or Delaware. :)

[quote name='dwhelan']I am down for the 21st, but like Moose said, February is pretty open for me as well, all I have to do is decide if I want to house hunt in D.C. or Delaware. :)[/quote]

Doesn't Delaware have no taxes. That would make the decision easier for me, but then there is the commute.

picture.php

I'm just going to plaigerize Lurknomore's OP.

The 7th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, February 21st

who plans to attend-

CAGs:
thebob101
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
orangeninja2 (geomoose on Goozex)
dwhelan (Tiny)
nightmare452
The Great BM
cleaver
Indifference
BigBen
joshnorm (maybe)
abhinav (maybe)
toymachine12
ramatut4001 and Mrs ramatut4001 (maybe)
Frankski (possibly)
MuzykMann (possibly)
raizanillusion

Goozex peeps http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/33616.aspx:
Blackcoyote, aka Count Megatron peep, aka Count Megatron Da PIMP peep
igorponweed (maybe)
animallyson
kevlar51 (maybe)
Black Fox Zulu (and better half)
Some guy with red hair and a goatee who is apparently a masseur?

pwned.com links

Thread: http://pwned.com/message/41579/

Calander: http://pwned.com/event/69/7th-DC-Metro-area-CAG-Goozex-Pwned-Meet-up-Game-Swap/

Please post in the thread or PM and I'll update the list as necessary.

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

MjC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm from the metro area, and that DB is pretty close to me.

But out of cheer ignorance, can anyone explain to me how this works (maybe its simpler than I think). Does everyone already know each other beforehand? Do you HAVE to trade games?

Definitely can attend on the 21st. Also the 7th if changed again. (14 is busy for obvious reasons)

[quote name='nightmare452']I'm from the metro area, and that DB is pretty close to me.

But out of cheer ignorance, can anyone explain to me how this works (maybe its simpler than I think). Does everyone already know each other beforehand? Do you HAVE to trade games?

Definitely can attend on the 21st. Also the 7th if changed again. (14 is busy for obvious reasons)[/QUOTE]

The meetups go something like this: people show up, shoot the S, have some drinks/food, talk games/deals/tv/movies/life, trickle out to our cars and trade/freeze/roast, run back inside, hang out some more, possibly play some at the D&B arcade, and head off to points unknown.

There are a number of "regulars," but there are new people at every meetup. All are friendly; the more the merrier. For all the virtual killing we do, I find that we're a pretty likable bunch.

We're usually at the long table near the inside mall-facing entrance to D&B, or at the small tables near the bar, or crow-hunching near the long table. It is a motley crew, but we tend to be easy to find. A gaming T-shirt is not uncommon, and the Goozex gents are easy to pick out from their logo-ed apparel if they are present. Feel free to look back around post 793 in this thread for pictures of the regulars. Yeesh, I was pretty bedraggled in those.

Trading is not required, so feel free to come and enjoy the company.

Post #1425 updated! Also, jmiller80's description is spot on. I went through the old posts and discovered that this will be both the 7th meetup, and 3 days shy of the 2nd anniversary of the 1st ever DC Meetup. And everyone should thank thebob101, because without him getting the ball rolling back then, these meets may never have happened!

MjC

*EDIT ONE MORE TIME* Made this banner for Pwned.com's Home Page (The Event will be featured there. Should be up today or tomorrow). Here it is.

Posted this on both the Goozex Forums http://goozex.com/community/forums/t/33616.aspx and the Pwned.com Forums http://pwned.com/message/41579/

Don't like to plug Pwned.com too much besides my signature, but they have a great Calendar system that would be nice to track everyone who is going much easier. So for those with a Pwned.com account, or if people would like to sign up and create one, you can put yourself as attending by going to the Calendar Event Page for the meet up that I created to manage and to make it more visible for Pwned members who might be interested.

VERY FEW Good game shops anymore.. When I was a kid in Gaithersburg Toy Traders was IT!! I always got my Atari Games there! It was right by Chuck E Cheese and Montgomery Wards.. near the Fairgrounds.

~Capn

Any chance, anyone who is coming to the meet up has an extra VMU they are willing to part with. It appears mine has been lost, and for some reason I really want to play Hyrdo Thunder. PM if this is a possibility.

[quote name='dwhelan']Any chance, anyone who is coming to the meet up has an extra VMU they are will to part with. It appears mine has been lost, and for some reason I really want to play Hyrdo Thunder. PM if this is a possibility.[/quote]

DAMN!! A VMU, I actually had to look that up. Sorry but I cant help as I moved recently and I let go of all my old console sand games (still crying to this day)

Will be there at the CAG meeting. Since I don't know anybody, this should be weird. :cool:

[quote name='toymachine12']Please sign me up for attending on the 21st. :)[/QUOTE]

List updated!

Looks like there should be a fairly good size crew for this one. Looking forward to it!

MjC

bread's done
Back