Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

What is this meetup, I live in Arlington, VA.

anyway, on another topic, where the hell can I find a Wii? I've been searching for months and can't find one. I had a chance to get one once at Toy's R' US on a Sunday and when I got there, the line was already too long to get one. That was last sunday!

[quote name='s0undwav3']What is this meetup, I live in Arlington, VA.

anyway, on another topic, where the hell can I find a Wii? I've been searching for months and can't find one. I had a chance to get one once at Toy's R' US on a Sunday and when I got there, the line was already too long to get one. That was last sunday![/quote]

Check speedy's new post on video game ads for the week of 4/22/07. Wii is supposed to be at CC. I had to get there 2 hrs before the store opened to even have a chance of getting one.

[quote name='s0undwav3']What is this meetup, I live in Arlington, VA.[/quote]

About 10 of us and the guys from Goozex got together at Dave & Busters in Rockville, MD and had a few drinks, ate some food, and talked and traded/sold games. It was a very cool time.

[quote name='simpsonps121']N64 - The store off of St. Johns Lane had a ton of them.... So did the store off of 40 across from the Double T Diner...

Matthew[/quote]

What city's? I suck with roads

[quote name='simpsonps121']N64 - The store off of... 40 across from the Double T Diner...[/QUOTE]

Selection is pretty weak at this point unless you're looking for old sports titles. Forget about getting anything with a box or instructions manual either.

[quote name='Jagwarlord']What city's? I suck with roads[/QUOTE]
I guess it is Ellicott City... It is near Columbia.

Off of 40, near the 29 interchange.

Matthew

[quote name='Jagwarlord']Anyone know which Gamestops in Maryland/DC has N64 games? I raped a few stores but I looking for more:D I fould a crapload in Ellicot City and some in Annapolis. Anymore out there or did you guys clean them out?[/quote]

Most of the one's around here sent them out to other stores or something I think because the Prince Frederick one got rid of all theirs...the Annapolis one is the only one I've seen that still has them.

Hi all, I haven't looked at this tread in a while. I was at the last get together and it was a pretty good time. I would definitely be down for another one.

The CompUSA in Rockville is down to it's last 8-9 days. I picked up the WOW expansion pack, The Burning Crusade, for $14 dollars there today. It's definitely the best game deal there, and they still have a huge stack of copies, as of this morning. I don't know why. Everything else is getting to be pretty picked over. They still seem to have a pretty decent stock of 360 games, but even at 30% off it's nothing too spectacular, and I already have a few games in the backlog. Keep in mind that all sales there are final.

On another note, does anyone know if any of the Circuit City's around here have the $8 Starcraft battlechest? My disc from way back in the day is worn out, and I've been waiting to snag another copy on the cheap. The Rockville and Mannassas (I have a buddy down there) stores don't have it. I'm gonna hit up Wheaton and Gaithersburg tomorrow. I still run through strategies for that game in my head sometimes, which is pretty bizarre.

Sorry greenfox, haven't seen the Starcraft Battlechest, but I'll take a look next time I'm at Circuit City.

On another note, now that my law school exams are winding down (1L year is over on Thursday!!) I'm thinking about building an arcade cabinet with a MAME setup over the summer. My ultimate goal is to rig up both a computer and my modded Xbox so that I can play MAME games as well as games like SF: Anthology over Xbox Live. Has anyone locally ever gotten involved in a project like this that can give me some words of advice?

I've got a pretty solid plan together and drew up some plans for the cabinet, but an ad for a pair of ultra-cheap arcade cabinets came up the other day. So, I'm thinking about buying one of those and modding it because it'll be a lot cheaper and more authentic.

I'll be sure to document my progress and when I get done maybe I'll have a small CAG get together to break it in. I've got a couple of 360 if people want to play those too. Also, if anyone else is interested in doing something like this over the summer, I can pick up both arcade cabinets cheap and ordering further parts (joysticks, buttons, etc.) will be cheaper to do as a pair in bulk.

There's been a lot of talk about another meetup; anything planned? I was really bummed to miss the last one because of school, but I would love to make the next one!

[quote name='HarassmentPanda']Sorry greenfox, haven't seen the Starcraft Battlechest, but I'll take a look next time I'm at Circuit City.

On another note, now that my law school exams are winding down (1L year is over on Thursday!!) I'm thinking about building an arcade cabinet with a MAME setup over the summer. My ultimate goal is to rig up both a computer and my modded Xbox so that I can play MAME games as well as games like SF: Anthology over Xbox Live. Has anyone locally ever gotten involved in a project like this that can give me some words of advice?

I've got a pretty solid plan together and drew up some plans for the cabinet, but an ad for a pair of ultra-cheap arcade cabinets came up the other day. So, I'm thinking about buying one of those and modding it because it'll be a lot cheaper and more authentic.

I'll be sure to document my progress and when I get done maybe I'll have a small CAG get together to break it in. I've got a couple of 360 if people want to play those too. Also, if anyone else is interested in doing something like this over the summer, I can pick up both arcade cabinets cheap and ordering further parts (joysticks, buttons, etc.) will be cheaper to do as a pair in bulk.

There's been a lot of talk about another meetup; anything planned? I was really bummed to miss the last one because of school, but I would love to make the next one![/quote]

thats so cool man i wanna build one in the future let me know when you finish it or if u need some help putting it together.

If anyone sees the starcraft battlechest gimmie a heads up too, i never played the games. I have also been looking for the Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga, and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne new or used (Trying to get it under the B2G1 sale for EB.) If anyone sees them please gimmie a heads up. Also, anyone find anything cool while hunting?

I haven't been around these boards as much as I have wanted. Been busy trying to get rid of my video game collection, at least the stuff that I absolutely won't touch any longer..anyhow, how is the whole gang here doing? We should get together again. Had a good time the time before.

Hi Lurk,
You really do live up to your name, don't you?

Things are settling down for me again. In time to get ready for the summer business. :)

Matthew

Matthew, thanks for the positive comment and tip on Goozex.

I am going to start trying to set up another meetup. School is winding down so I will have some time soon.

I went by the Rockville CompUSSR and it is now gone. They did have signs showing that a Microcenter will be coming in. This is a definite upgrade, methinks. No longer having to trek down to VA for Microcenter deals. Hooray. It's a good space too.

[quote name='lurknomore']I went by the Rockville CompUSSR and it is now gone. They did have signs showing that a Microcenter will be coming in. This is a definite upgrade, methinks. No longer having to trek down to VA for Microcenter deals. Hooray. It's a good space too.[/quote]

What is a Microcenter? Sorry if I sound like a noob.

[quote name='thebob101']What is a Microcenter? Sorry if I sound like a noob.[/quote]

lol...i had the same question...

Microcenter is a computer-related supplies store, much like CompUSA, with great deals more often than CompUSA. Quality products at fair prices for all things computer or electronics related. They have recently made a push into console video gaming, even the used business. Should be a good thing for Marylanders.

www.microcenter.com
Check it out.

Microcenter is another electronics/computer big-box chain, but one with only a handful of stores.

http://www.microcenter.com

They have periodic ads that are sometimes so dense they look like classified ads with pictures. There are occasionally wicked deals to get people in-store, but they often sell out.

Hey fellas, been awhile for me as well. Been busy with work and the twins lately. I thought one baby was crazy! Anywho, we should definitely meet up again. I think we should pick a place somewhere between MD & VA. Seen a few Nova's expressing interest. Crap, I hope I can make it. I've played my 360 like a total of 2 hours in the last month! Gotta go, later and hope we can meet up again. I still have some swag I need to unload. Goozex can only take so much.

Edit: Sorry had to remove the Tootles, sounded a little gay, not that there's anything wrong with that..

I am going to start thinking of a date for our next meetup. Is everyone agreed that Dave & Busters is a good middle location? If not, make suggestions. I was thinking the end of June on a Saturday.

Let me know and I will start planning. Mark, you still in for the Goozex folks? By the way, love your site, addicted, like video game trading crack.

[quote name='thebob101']I am going to start thinking of a date for our next meetup. Is everyone agreed that Dave & Busters is a good middle location? If not, make suggestions. I was thinking the end of June on a Saturday.

Let me know and I will start planning. Mark, you still in for the Goozex folks? By the way, love your site, addicted, like video game trading crack.[/quote]

Yeah of course Goozex is in! This is assuming that we are in town. Btw, if anybody sees me out tomorrow night in Baltimore, I'm not on company time...

[quote name='Goozex']Yeah of course Goozex is in! This is assuming that we are in town. Btw, if anybody sees me out tomorrow night in Baltimore, I'm not on company time...[/quote]

Let me know a good date for you guys because we definitely want you all to come!

I'll let you know next week. I know in mid to late June we'll be down in Florida. There might also be something happening in NYC that we may need to catch.

[quote name='thebob101']As soon as I get word from the Goozex folks, we are going to set up the next DC meetup. Start posting if you can make it.[/quote]

Actually, thanks for reminding me...I'll talk to Jon about it tomorrow. I think we're flexible with next Friday & Saturday (June 1-2). What would people prefer, evening or daytime?

[quote name='Goozex']Actually, thanks for reminding me...I'll talk to Jon about it tomorrow. I think we're flexible with next Friday & Saturday (June 1-2). What would people prefer, evening or daytime?[/quote]

What time are we thinking. I think a lot folks have to work during the day so maybe afternoon/happy hour time.

[quote name='thebob101']What time are we thinking. I think a lot folks have to work during the day so maybe afternoon/happy hour time.[/quote]

I agree that happy hour time is probably the best time. I have to work until 6 on Friday, so I won't be able to comeuntil after then.

I think Happy Hour would be the best time...after all we are Cheap ass gamers..plus D&B's, if that is the place, offers pretty decent Happy Hour specials for food, drink, and games.

2nd Washington DC area CAG meetup

Where: Dave & Buster's, White Flint Mall, Rockville/N. Bethesda, MD
Map
D & B website

When: Friday, June 1st @ 5:30pm

Bring items for trade or sale and this time, someone needs to bring a camera. Check lists to know exactly what you would like from someone or just bring yourself to meet and greet. Last meetup, a couple of purchased a bunch of stuff. I have already hooked up a guide purchase.

Also, if you have a lot of stuff to trade/sell, think about parking in the top floor of the parking garage with the D&B entrance. That would be the easiest if everyone parked there and we could have all of the cars around each other to get our stuff. I know I have a ton of guides and games I am going to bring and I have too many to bring into D&B.

So, now we will start the attending/not attending list:

Will Attend:

thebob101
Mark and Jon from Goozex
jgamezcua
abhinav

Maybe-

jlarlee
boozi
lurknomore
iguanaDitty

Not Attending-

cleaver
MCalvert1
jmiller80

Put me down for a maybe. If I can get there, it wouldn't be earlier than 6-6:30. If I come, I'll have a bunch of stuff to trade. I could even bring a 26" Panasonic HD CRT if anyone wants to buy it.

MjC

[quote name='thebob101']2nd Washington DC area CAG meetup

Where: Dave & Buster's, White Flint Mall, Rockville/N. Bethesda, MD
Map
D & B website

When: Friday, June 1st @ 5:30pm

Bring items for trade or sale and this time, someone needs to bring a camera. Check lists to know exactly what you would like from someone or just bring yourself to meet and greet. Last meetup, a couple of purchased a bunch of stuff. I have already hooked up a guide purchase.

Also, if you have a lot of stuff to trade/sell, think about parking in the top floor of the parking garage with the D&B entrance. That would be the easiest if everyone parking up there and we could have all of the cars around each other to get our stuff. I know I have a ton of guides and games I am going to bring and I have too many to bring into D&B.

So, now we will start the attending/not attending list:

Will Attend:

thebob101
Mark and Jon from Goozex
jgamezcua
abhinav

Maybe-

Unknown-

Not Attending-[/QUOTE]

I'm in town for a photojournalism course, I should have my camera by then. But I will definetly try to come regardless

Woah, I haven't been here in a while and it seems like a 2nd meeting has been planned XD Anyways, it's good to be back... School's been so stressful the last month, I wasn't able to visit here.... Finally done with school, so I might come to the 2nd meeting :p Put me on the maybe list. Hopefully, I won't forget about it like last time XDDDD

I'll have to check in with my secretary...so put me in for a maybe. I really have no idea where I should be without the help of my wife or my secretary (or whatever the f-ing PC term for the bitch would be). :) Just one of those days.

[quote name='lurknomore']I'll have to check in with my secretary...so put me in for a maybe. I really have no idea where I should be without the help of my wife or my secretary (or whatever the f-ing PC term for the bitch would be). :) Just one of those days.[/quote]

lurk, you gotta come!

bread's done
Back