Washington D.C. Metro area.

lurknomore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Old post Edited for effect and max. exposure.....

The 5th DC Metro area CAG Meet-up/Game Swap

Dave & Buster's
White Flint Mall - 3rd Floor
11301 Rockville Pike
North Bethesda , MD 20895

3:00 pm onward ...(we have been going 3 hours+)

Saturday, April 26th

who plans to attend-
thebob101
lurknomore
G-Nitro
jmiller80
MCalvert1
cleaver - unless he is drafted in the 1st round
s0undwav3
abhinav- maybe
FlamingMoogles
GenDV138 - maybe

BTW, we have had minors (-18) join us before at D&B without issue. If you are a minor and wish to attend without your own guardian, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone # if you are concerned...and I'll walk you in. Again, it hasn't been an issue yet.

Any CAGers around here? Really disappointed as the scene pales in comparison to Boston's video gaming scene. Any suggestions or local mom and pop shops? The Maryland-Virginia-DC area seems to be pretty weak.

[quote name='horns456']The 6th works for me. D&B again?

My wife is due the 17th so I am a question mark the later in November it gets.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, you should try to go. Your life is about to change forever. First? Congrats

Having it at Arundell Mills will make it more likely for me as well. I'm heading over to Howl at the Moon Baltimore at 5:30 though. Anyone who wants to join me there is more than welcome. No cover 5:30-8:00, first 2 drinks at $1, 1/2 price drinks after that and a free buffet.

Just use my name at the door (PM me if you don't know it or can't figure it out) and bring as many people as you like! If I can get 50 people through the door using my name I'll win $50!

What do they say? Follow me to the moon!

MjC

OK LETS GET MORE TO RESPOND! November 6th is the next meet. I will post details to Goozex

Washington D.C. Metro Area Goozex/CAG Meet-up
Date: Saturday, November 6th 2010

Time: 2PM - Whenever (We've gone 3+ hours)
7000 Arundel Mills Circle Suite D-1 Hanover , MD 21076 443-755-0113
We will meet in the bar near the outside entrance.
who plans to attend-

• Ind1fference
  • GNitro
  • Mana
  • Horns456
  • Nightmare452
  • GenDV
  • AssaultSuit
  • The Great BM
  • Midnite (?)
Please post in the thread or PM and I'll update the list as necessary.
Sorry for the short notice, but we were struggling to get a definite. Since our last one was at White Flint Mall in Rockville, we are bringing it back to Arundel Mills in Hanover, MD to make it more accessible to those in the Baltimore area again.
Don't forget to bring your games and other stuff to trade or give away, as we always have a nice swap/trade session.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Indifference']Oh wow, you should try to go. Your life is about to change forever. First? Congrats[/QUOTE]

Yup yup and in a good way. This is our first, so when you don't see me on XBL you'll know why.

I plan on being there. It sucks because I know a couple of the D&B people at White Flint. Doubt I know any at AM, but oh well.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If you all want me to start a CAG blog about this event or send a bunch of PMs to the MD/DC/VA CAGs I know (I know a ton) about this, I can do that.[/QUOTE]

the more the merrier

[quote name='Midnite']For some reason I feel that I have something planned November 6th but if I don't I'll try and make it down to Arundel Mills.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there. I work in the morning and will be out by 1, plenty of time to reach Arundel Mills by 2.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'll be down to record. I'm ALWAYS down to record, but I'm never invited.... *sadface*[/QUOTE]
My apologies, hopefully I can make some amends on saturday

I'm down for a podcast too. Although I will just listen or whatever. Saturday should be fun.

Another note, Video Games Live (the concert) just released a new schedule:
http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates
February 26, 2011 at Bethesda, MD. This is about 5 minutes from the White Flint mall as well.

The cool thing here is that its in Bethesda, I can walk from my house (one metro station away though). I am going for sure, anyone interested, let me know and we can make a group or something. I am willing to make my apt available for some games before or after.

[quote name='nightmare452']I'm down for a podcast too. Although I will just listen or whatever. Saturday should be fun.

Another note, Video Games Live (the concert) just released a new schedule:
http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates
February 26, 2011 at Bethesda, MD. This is about 5 minutes from the White Flint mall as well.

The cool thing here is that its in Bethesda, I can walk from my house (one metro station away though). I am going for sure, anyone interested, let me know and we can make a group or something. I am willing to make my apt available for some games before or after.[/QUOTE]
Great this should be fun.
And I'm glad VGL will be much closer this year. Maybe I'll actually go this time

I am considering Crabtowne, USA in Glen Burnie, MD as a possible place for a meet-up. I was just there with co-workers last Monday and it was fun. They have a crapton of old arcade games (some of the largest on the east coast) such as Virtua Fighter 1, various Pac-Man games, After Burner II, Street Fighter II, Simpsons arcade, etc. Has a TON of Pinball machines too.

I'll link to a video I saw someone post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREQCvWC0og

I just need to learn more about the place, but its like a small restaurant/diner/etc. which doesn't seem to get all that busy. Plenty of tables for us to swap games at (and large tables can be put together). Beer is cheap there (like $2 something).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I am considering Crabtowne, USA in Glen Burnie, MD as a possible place for a meet-up. I was just there with co-workers last Monday and it was fun. They have a crapton of old arcade games (some of the largest on the east coast) such as Virtua Fighter 1, various Pac-Man games, After Burner II, Street Fighter II, Simpsons arcade, etc. Has a TON of Pinball machines too.

I just need to learn more about the place, but its like a small restaurant/diner/etc. which doesn't seem to get all that busy. Plenty of tables for us to swap games at (and large tables can be put together). Beer is cheap there (like $2 something).[/QUOTE]

Mana, that place looks awesome! I'm going there soon, CAG meet or not!

MjC

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I am considering Crabtowne, USA in Glen Burnie, MD as a possible place for a meet-up.
.[/QUOTE]
Punch Out alone sold me on it. Let's go.

[quote name='G-Nitro']OK LETS GET MORE TO RESPOND! November 6th is the next meet. I will post details to Goozex

Washington D.C. Metro Area Goozex/CAG Meet-up
Date: Saturday, November 6th 2010

Time: 2PM - Whenever (We've gone 3+ hours)
7000 Arundel Mills Circle Suite D-1 Hanover , MD 21076 443-755-0113
We will meet in the bar near the outside entrance.
who plans to attend-

• Ind1fference
  • GNitro
  • Mana
  • Horns456
  • Nightmare452
  • GenDV
  • AssaultSuit
  • The Great BM
  • Midnite (?)
Please post in the thread or PM and I'll update the list as necessary.
Sorry for the short notice, but we were struggling to get a definite. Since our last one was at White Flint Mall in Rockville, we are bringing it back to Arundel Mills in Hanover, MD to make it more accessible to those in the Baltimore area again.
Don't forget to bring your games and other stuff to trade or give away, as we always have a nice swap/trade session.[/QUOTE]

My wife and I are interviewing a nanny at 2pm, so long as it doesn't run too long I should be there. Who's bringing games to trade?

I'm going to CrabTowne USA on Thursday next week with co-workers. I'll investigate the place more and see how crowds are on Saturday. If it's not bad, then maybe we'll have a meet-up there. It doesn't have to be major, but I think it would be great if we all got together there playing games. I'll talk more about it at Dave & Busters.

Anyway, I still feel a little sick, but definitely not that bad. I'm still going to the meet-up, but might cut out short if I start to feel like crap. Those who don't already know me can spot me wearing a God of War III Kratos T-shirt (in black).

That GameStop is one of the top performing stores in Maryland. At one point a month or two ago they had over 400 reserves for Black Ops and my guess is that they probably got over 500 copies in store. Also, crime is getting high up in that area as a lot of middle to lower class are moving into the Edgewood area.

I'm sure the store I'm at will get a few crackheads this week with stolen copies from the Wal-Mart in Shrewsberry, PA.

[quote name='Midnite']That GameStop is one of the top performing stores in Maryland. At one point a month or two ago they had over 400 reserves for Black Ops and my guess is that they probably got over 500 copies in store. Also, crime is getting high up in that area as a lot of middle to lower class are moving into the Edgewood area.

I'm sure the store I'm at will get a few crackheads this week with stolen copies from the Wal-Mart in Shrewsberry, PA.[/QUOTE]One time when I was at the GameStop at Landsdowne(sp) Shopping Center (located in Halethorpe, MD), I saw a few guys with their pants hanging low trade-in a ton of games for cash. They had no ID on them, so they eventually brought someone in to show an ID. I just had a feeling those games were stolen. After seeing tons of those people go there along with it taking forever to check out there, I never go there anymore (I go to Columbia, MD locations, Arundel Mills, or most anywhere around the eastern end of Anne Arundel County).

I usually do not go around there either. That is really bad that they take long and you do not know the identity of the people who are trading games plus the fact they are lower class (you can tell by the pants that are low to their feet). I really dislike GameStop because of their gutted 'New' games. However, some games have good prices but I have not bought a game for years from that store and I am happy that I still do not buy games from there even now.

I'm going out tomorrow to CrabTowne USA. I will watch out to see what arcades they have running more closely. After that, I'll see what when I can arrange a meetup on a weekend.

Who's going to PAX East this year???

I am trying to plan and was gonna reserve a hotel using my hotel points, but then I am thinking about the 8 hour drive and how close the hotel is and wanted to ask since I know some of you are going. How do you guys plan to get to the Boston Convention Center? Driving from DC to there and back? Just looking for some insights to plan my trip better.

[quote name='nightmare452']Who's going to PAX East this year???

I am trying to plan and was gonna reserve a hotel using my hotel points, but then I am thinking about the 8 hour drive and how close the hotel is and wanted to ask since I know some of you are going. How do you guys plan to get to the Boston Convention Center? Driving from DC to there and back? Just looking for some insights to plan my trip better.[/QUOTE]If I still live on the East Coast, I'm going. Not sure how I'm going to handle the event though, like where I'd stay and such.

I also wrote a blog about Crab Towne, USA:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?u=16694

I was thinking of maybe us DC area CAGs should do more things together (which I might arrange), like bowling, mini-golf, and other fun stuff. I will normally be up for it.

I am still planning out if I am going to PAX East. After the accident in my car this past August, I don't want to drive. But I also am none too interested in flying, as I prefer not to be molested by a TSA agent. So I dunno

I wanted to go this year, but leaving the wife home alone pregnant with twins wasnt something I was ultimately able to do. Plus, it came right at a busy period at work. I'd seriously consider going this year though as my sister-in-law will be living with us then and could help my wife with the kids (I doubt they'd want to go).

If I do go, I'd likely use this as an opportunity to finally take the Acela train. It's actually more expensive than flying (why?), but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. Worse comes to worst, I could spend the entire time catching up on my Steam games.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I am still planning out if I am going to PAX East. After the accident in my car this past August, I don't want to drive. But I also am none too interested in flying, as I prefer not to be molested by a TSA agent. So I dunno[/QUOTE]

Gnitro,

The train was a good ride for me last year and not crazily expensive. Once in Boston it is all mass transit anyway, so something to consider.

I'm going to PAX East for sure. I stayed in Rhode Island last year because my friend's family provided us with lodging, but I'm hoping to stay in the city this time around.

I did brave out a few places on Black Friday. I'll just say that traffic in shopping centers was crazy. I chose to avoid Arundel Mills this year (went last year). Didn't really pick up anything B&M.

[quote name='G-Nitro']I'd go to Magfest if they had one day tickets. But I don't wanna pay for a whole weekend. =/[/QUOTE]

Same i've never been and would be willing to pop in for a few hours but not for 40 bucks.

[quote name='coolsteel']Yeah i'm going to Katsu but this time i'm packing a lunch. Too damn expensive to eat there last year[/QUOTE]That is why I either did that or got something to eat nearby when I was at Otakon.

bread's done
Back