Watchmen: Ult. Cut [Blu-ray] $30.99 (has been $32.99, $34.99, 39.99, $41.99 & $47.99)

[quote name='supermodestmouse']Does that mean that you can't just watch the movies straight through? (like black frieghter separate and watchmen separate? I want to watch each, then both, then each :p[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I've been worried about and I haven't found an answer anywhere online. If I can't have the choice to just watch just the director's cut, I'm canceling my preorder. I'd just buy the regular watchmen blu ray when it hits the 2 for $25 dollar deal at BBV.

Amazon routinely checks out the prices of their competitors and matches appropriately.

If BB has it for $39.99, we'll see it at that price from Amazon within a week, if not less.

Late to the game, but thought I'd chime in on the suckiness of the cover. Looks like the Ultimate Cut of Dodgeball.

I'll be grabbing this version of the movie, hopefully it works better than the theatrical cut.

[quote name='shrike4242']Which should have Amazon match it, once they notice the price.[/QUOTE]
There you go!
Down to $39.99 now.

I still might end up just picking this up at BB so I can just pick it up and bring it home, plus we might hear more about it by then.

Now, I just have to wait and see if Amazon drops the price on my order to match.

Otherwise, it'll be cancel and reorder.

Changed my mind and did a cancel-and-reorder. I've had a couple of issues with pre-order price guarantees on some movie items, so I decided not to take a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This is exactly what I've been worried about and I haven't found an answer anywhere online. If I can't have the choice to just watch just the director's cut, I'm canceling my preorder. I'd just buy the regular watchmen blu ray when it hits the 2 for $25 dollar deal at BBV.[/QUOTE]

so, does anyone know about this?

[quote name='supermodestmouse']so, does anyone know about this?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to knew if you can separate The Black Freighter from the main film as well.

It's cool they integrated it but we should still have the option.

[quote name='shrike4242']Now, I just have to wait and see if Amazon drops the price on my order to match.

Otherwise, it'll be cancel and reorder.

Changed my mind and did a cancel-and-reorder. I've had a couple of issues with pre-order price guarantees on some movie items, so I decided not to take a chance.[/QUOTE]

Odd.

I checked my preorder once I saw this, and it was down to the $39.99 price.

[quote name='manthing']Odd.

I checked my preorder once I saw this, and it was down to the $39.99 price.[/QUOTE]Good to know it fixed itself on its own. I guess I was just being impatient over it not hitting quickly. Thanks for the follow-up.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']so, does anyone know about this?[/QUOTE]Here's all the details on the Ultimate Cut. http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Watchmen_The_Ultimate_Cut_Blu-ray_Details_and_Cover_Art/5746

It looks like the only version it comes with is the Ultimate Cut and not the Director's cut. It does, however, come with the theatrical cut as a digital copy. Looks like Watchmen completists, such as myself, will have to pony up for both versions. Although, I'm sure down the line WB will release the "Watchmen Complete Edition" that'll contain all three versions of the film.

At the tune of what... $60 bucks on sale, no thanks.
I'll just get one version, and if I want to fill in the story, I'll open up my graphic novel.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']At the tune of what... $60 bucks on sale, no thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I also confuse $39.99 with $60.

:roll:

[quote name='manthing']I also confuse $39.99 with $60.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought you could follow the thread, without having direct quotes from people. I thought wrong
I was commenting on the person directly above me's comment regarding he'll wait till there is a version with all three cuts.
To which I replied, at what cost...$60?

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Sorry I thought you could follow the thread, without having direct quotes from people. I thought wrong
I was commenting on the person directly above me's comment regarding he'll wait till there is a version with all three cuts.
To which I replied, at what cost...$60?[/QUOTE]

If you don't directly quote a post and you don't bother to explain what you're talking about, the assumption will be that you're responding to the OP.

Amazon deleted my goldbox quickpicks discount when they dropped the price to $39.99. I cancelled the pre order. I would really like to be able to watch the directors cut, so maybe I'll just buy that some day. I've waited this long, I'm probably just going to wait until the theatrical version hits HBO HD.

[quote name='rapsodist']If you don't directly quote a post and you don't bother to explain what you're talking about, the assumption will be that you're responding to the OP.[/QUOTE]

Then you assumed wrong.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Then you assumed wrong.[/QUOTE]

no, that is online etiquette. perhaps you should stop posting if you're not going to make any sense, next time.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']Amazon's price is currently $41.99.

Now they're toying with my emotions… and my wallet.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's why you should just go ahead and pre-order it. Once you have it pre-ordered the price of the order will drop whenever it drops and never go back up. I preordered when it was more expensive and have enjoyed a few price drops so far. I expect many more. I dunno why, but I expect this to get to $29.99 before it ships.

God, the cover art for the Ultimate Cut is so wrong. :(

They had to indicate it contains Black Freighter so blatantly?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Yea, that's why you should just go ahead and pre-order it. Once you have it pre-ordered the price of the order will drop whenever it drops and never go back up. I preordered when it was more expensive and have enjoyed a few price drops so far. I expect many more. I dunno why, but I expect this to get to $29.99 before it ships.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I preordered it as soon as I threw it in my Gold Box. Right now it looks like.

Item(s) Subtotal: $39.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.00

Total Before Tax: $37.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Grand Total: $37.99

Hopefully it'll plummet a little bit more.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Then you assumed wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='postulio']no, that is online etiquette. perhaps you should stop posting if you're not going to make any sense, next time.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Stop posting, or at least, don't get annoyed at someone for making an honest mistake due to your confusing post. Now, let's all get along and have some pudding.

Looks like $39.99 might have been the low point for it, not counting Gold Box or the like, as BB jacked theirs back up to $49.99:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9588868&st=watchmne&type=product&id=2051538

Makes me think that the $39.99 price was a fuck you move to Amazon or a price mistake.

Hopefully, anyone that ordered it at $41.99 and didn't re-order it at $39.99 or had their order adjusted to $39.99 gets it adjusted by ship date.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Here's all the details on the Ultimate Cut. http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Watchmen_The_Ultimate_Cut_Blu-ray_Details_and_Cover_Art/5746

It looks like the only version it comes with is the Ultimate Cut and not the Director's cut. It does, however, come with the theatrical cut as a digital copy. Looks like Watchmen completists, such as myself, will have to pony up for both versions. Although, I'm sure down the line WB will release the "Watchmen Complete Edition" that'll contain all three versions of the film.[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll probably end up canceling my order. Would have been great if they included a cut on the disc (not a digital copy) without TotBF woven in for easier future viewing.

With BestBuy's 30% off Blu-ray/DVD sale, the Blu-ray version is down to $34.99 for pre-order. That's low enough for me for the ultimate edition. I was going to get the regular one for $17.99 but I figured $34.99 is worth it. I will probably cancel if amazon decided to match the price at some point, so I save on the tax...because I am a cheapass :)

[quote name='cod4rulez4']With BestBuy's 30% off Blu-ray/DVD sale, the Blu-ray version is down to $34.99 for pre-order. That's low enough for me for the ultimate edition. I was going to get the regular one for $17.99 but I figured $34.99 is worth it. I will probably cancel if amazon decided to match the price at some point, so I save on the tax...because I am a cheapass :)[/QUOTE]

They did. $34.99 for the Ultimate Edition and $17.99 for Half-Blood Prince. Frackin' Amazon taking all my money...

Anyone else gotten the release date push back email from amazon? It was scheduled for Nov 3 release now it's Nov 10th. I was hoping to get this before MW2 came out so I could sit through it with my buddy. I'm sure I still will...at some point :p

[quote name='cod4rulez4']With BestBuy's 30% off Blu-ray/DVD sale, the Blu-ray version is down to $34.99 for pre-order. That's low enough for me for the ultimate edition. I was going to get the regular one for $17.99 but I figured $34.99 is worth it. I will probably cancel if amazon decided to match the price at some point, so I save on the tax...because I am a cheapass :)[/QUOTE]

Is that an online sale? I went to the store tonight and no one knew about it. I'd like take advantage of this but I left the power cord to my laptop across the state and can't do anything on BB's site with this stinkin' PS3.

[quote name='Ed_']Anyone else gotten the release date push back email from amazon? It was scheduled for Nov 3 release now it's Nov 10th. I was hoping to get this before MW2 came out so I could sit through it with my buddy. I'm sure I still will...at some point :p[/QUOTE]Yeah, got the same notice.

Does anyone have the link about how this is a limited print? I probably won't be watching it enough to make a Day 1 purchase but if it really is limited, I'll bite now.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']They did. $34.99 for the Ultimate Edition and $17.99 for Half-Blood Prince. Frackin' Amazon taking all my money...[/QUOTE]

Honestly I wasn't too excited about pre-ordering at Amazon, but now I love it.

So if I have the original Blu-Ray and got the Motion Comic book set on Blu-Ray and Dark Freighter through the WB Store glitch... is there really anything more for me in this one?

Aw crap.

I hastily cancelled my $32.99 preorder when the new price wasn't reflected, and now I'm not getting it on release date.

:wall:

bread's done
Back