Watchmen: Ult. Cut [Blu-ray] $30.99 (has been $32.99, $34.99, 39.99, $41.99 & $47.99)

Am I the only one not seeing this new 30.99 price reflected on my order? When did it drop again, and how long does it usually take for them to adjust? Just curious.

[quote name='manthing']Aw crap.

I hastily cancelled my $32.99 preorder when the new price wasn't reflected, and now I'm not getting it on release date.

:wall:[/QUOTE]They were listing Release Date delivery as being hooked to 2-day shipping, so I'm not surprised that you ended up getting shafted on it after last night. They're still showing Release Date delivery for it, though it's only now for one-day shipping.

I feel like it's about worth it now. I went for it. I haven't seen The Motion Comics or The Black Freighter yet so I can justify the cost. Though I wish there were an option or watch The Black Freighter by itself.

MjC

[quote name='shrike4242']They were listing Release Date delivery as being hooked to 2-day shipping, so I'm not surprised that you ended up getting shafted on it after last night. They're still showing Release Date delivery for it, though it's only now for one-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Actually, I must have just squeezed in that cancellation, as Amazon would need to ship it out today if they were using regular 2 Prime shipping.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Though I wish there were an option or watch The Black Freighter by itself.

MjC[/QUOTE]

Im not sure why everyone is hating on watching the black freighter with the movie considering if done like the comic (which im pretty sure it is), it will give a good perspective on the motivation for the ending and the mentality of the final enemy (avoiding using a name to avoid spoiliers for those that have not seen it). I always thought it was a aspect of the comic that, like a lot of other things, you dont know the purpose till you sift through everything and undstand its purpose at the end.

If it gets any cheaper I'll be more concerned about loosing my free shipping! No Prime. Unless someone want's to recommend it to me for a free month?

[quote name='manthing']Exactly.

Actually, I must have just squeezed in that cancellation, as Amazon would need to ship it out today if they were using regular 2 Prime shipping.[/QUOTE]I checked on my order an hour ago, and it wasn't showing as being in the shipping state. Checked a few minutes ago, and still not in the shipping state.

It'll probably change in the next few hours, since they need to ship it today for 2-day to get it to me by Tuesday. Up and Monsters Inc are both not in the shipping state either, so I'm sure they'll all hit the shipping stage before too long.

Damn. I own the director's cut already, but I want to see the motion comic... guess I'll double dip and get the black freighter at this price, too. 30 bucks is pretty cheap considering what they go for individually.

I am curious though. Is this missing the behind the scenes feature with snyder presenting the movie? maximum movie mode, i think it is called.

[quote name='shrike4242']They were listing Release Date delivery as being hooked to 2-day shipping, so I'm not surprised that you ended up getting shafted on it after last night. They're still showing Release Date delivery for it, though it's only now for one-day shipping.[/QUOTE]

I got shafted too on release day shipping when I cancelled and rebought since I didn't see the updated price. I emailed amazon about it, and they bumped me up to one-day shipping. The confusing thing is that they said that they cannot change it to release day shipping...to do that I'd have to rebuy it. However, release day shipping is listed as one day shipping, so I don't know what is going on.
I am tempted to buy it again, pick release day shipping, and then email them to take off the shipping charge. I guess that is that their discretion though, so I don't know if they will do it.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']I got shafted too on release day shipping when I canceled and re-bought since I didn't see the updated price. I emailed amazon about it, and they bumped me up to one-day shipping. The confusing thing is that they said that they cannot change it to release day shipping...to do that I'd have to re-buy it. However, release day shipping is listed as one day shipping, so I don't know what is going on.
I am tempted to buy it again, pick release day shipping, and then email them to take off the shipping charge. I guess that is that their discretion though, so I don't know if they will do it.[/QUOTE]When I canceled and re-ordered it, it was weeks ago, so it was still showing two-day shipping as release date shipping.

Odd that they seemed to stiff you on the shipping, since for movies and other DVD/BR titles, there isn't a "Release Date Delivery" option listed, it's just associated with the shipping timeframe that'll get it there on the release date.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Mine got moved with some of us other CAGs and now I expect it between Nov 18 - Dec 1 according to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Mine shows 11/13 even though I have Prime.

:???:

Wow I guess my 29.99 thanks to amazon not knowing what the hell is going on isn't that much of a deal now that it is 30.99. I hope I get my 10 dollars that I'm showing in the negative back from the order when it ships like they said I will. Not sure if I want to use credit with amazon again if they end up keeping all of it if the price on an item goes down.

I guess I luck was in today. I finnly preordered Sunday and now its a couple bucks cheaper and I get it on the 10th.
Iwas waiting for thi edition from the get go, but was sad that the DC wasn't included. Now I figure if this cut is too much I can find a copy of the DC version for cheap later on. No biggie.

[quote name='tankass']Im not sure why everyone is hating on watching the black freighter with the movie considering if done like the comic (which im pretty sure it is), it will give a good perspective on the motivation for the ending and the mentality of the final enemy (avoiding using a name to avoid spoiliers for those that have not seen it). I always thought it was a aspect of the comic that, like a lot of other things, you dont know the purpose till you sift through everything and undstand its purpose at the end.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I remember being kinda pissed after reading the comic that the video version of Black Freighter was a bit different and much worse IMO.

I'd bite on this if I didn't already have Watchmen, Black Freighter and the Motion Comic stand alone's from the WBShop fuck up.

Got my shipping issue straightened out. Placed a third order, checked release day shipping, and then sent an email to have the charge removed. Looks like i'll get it on release day for $30.99...great deal.

[quote name='cod4rulez4']Got my shipping issue straightened out. Placed a third order, checked release day shipping, and then sent an email to have the charge removed. Looks like i'll get it on release day for $30.99...great deal.[/QUOTE]

How do you get free release date shipping?

[quote name='christophles']Walmart has dropped this to $28.86 so hopefully Amazon price matches it by going to $28.99 before it comes out.[/QUOTE]That would be the hope. As long as it changes before 11:59PM PT on 11/10/09, it'll be applicable for the Pre-order price guarantee.

I checked out the DVD packaging an noticed the Digital Copy expires Nov. 3. I hope this is not the case with the BR set.

I've never had a digital copy of a film before. Can someone explain how it works? Do you D/L a copy and have that file forever? What type of file is it?

Why not cancel your Amazon order and order directly from Walmart now? They have FREE SHIPPING on all DVDs and Blu-Rays (I don't think it's applicable to boxed sets) until after the holidays now to combat Amazon's free shipping.

[quote name='bizman316']How do you get free release date shipping?[/QUOTE]

I have amazon prime.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Why not cancel your Amazon order and order directly from Walmart now? They have FREE SHIPPING on all DVDs and Blu-Rays (I don't think it's applicable to boxed sets) until after the holidays now to combat Amazon's free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Walmart charges Tax...at 28.86, it will be maybe 40 cents more at amazon. Plus I don't really trust Walmart shipping. Hopefully Amazon matches!

[quote name='cod4rulez4']
Walmart charges Tax...at 28.86, it will be maybe 40 cents more at amazon. Plus I don't really trust Walmart shipping. Hopefully Amazon matches![/QUOTE]

Very true, forgot about that for a second!

[quote name='christophles']Walmart has dropped this to $28.86 so hopefully Amazon price matches it by going to $28.99 before it comes out.[/QUOTE]

since i have to pay tax regardless, i will wait untill mid 11/9/09 to change my order. (I know walmart ships free till the holidays).

^ I'm with you there. If I can save $2 in addition to an already $29 savings, I'll go for it.

I did email Amazon and told them about Walmart's price and that I would go for it (also mentioning I understood their non-price match guarantee), so maybe if we can get some more people doing the same, we can get our price knocked down from Amazon and save ourselves some trouble.
They did respond reconfirming their non-price match guarantee, but said they'd pass only the information to the appropriate people.

[quote name='bill esquivel']for people who puchased the 2 disc version there is supposed to be a $10 off coupon. Does anyone know how that will work?[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't accept coupons. The best you can do is email them, telling them that you have a coupon and you want to know how to use it. They may/may not modify your price. Some people had success with this in the UP/Monsters Inc. thread when trying to use the $8 manufacturer's coupon.

[quote name='bill esquivel']for people who puchased the 2 disc version there is supposed to be a $10 off coupon. Does anyone know how that will work?[/QUOTE]I already asked WB about this, and it's only for use on the WBShop.com store, not anywhere else.

Debating on whether or not I should get this. I got the DC for $17 awhile back and still haven't opened it yet.

[quote name='LeRoy']Debating on whether or not I should get this. I got the DC for $17 awhile back and still haven't opened it yet.[/QUOTE]

sell it and upgrade to this version. even if you sell yours for 10$, the extra 20$ you'll pay for this version will be cheaper than buying all the included content separately. plus you get a more complete edition of the movie with extra other stuff. its worth it for fans, id say.

[quote name='shrike4242']I already asked WB about this, and it's only for use on the WBShop.com store, not anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

That sucks... you know they'll price it pretty close to MSRP, which will be like $50 or more. So, your $10 coupon won't even get it down to sell price at Best Buy, let alone Amazon or Wal-Mart. Lame move on behalf of the WB. I thought it was going to be a legit coupon. I'll be buying this from Walmart.com. If the price goes down anywhere else before you get it, you an always return it to a Wal-Mart store.

WBShop.com currently has Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut listed at $38.36. With the $10 off coupon that'll bring it down to $28.36. They offer free shipping for any orders of 2 or more Blu-ray's so you could add a $9.99 Blu-Ray (Freddy Vs. Jason, Interview with a Vampire, Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake) and use the codes XB992 and WBINSIDER25 to get 20% off your order and free shipping. This would get you the 2 Blu-rays for a total of $33.92 unless you live in CA or any other state where they charge tax. Also, this is assuming that the $10 off coupon will stack with these other 2 coupons.

[quote name='postulio']sell it and upgrade to this version. even if you sell yours for 10$, the extra 20$ you'll pay for this version will be cheaper than buying all the included content separately. plus you get a more complete edition of the movie with extra other stuff. its worth it for fans, id say.[/QUOTE]

Only reason I haven't bit on it yet , is the lack of being able to watch the Directors Cut of the movie and Tales of the Black Freighter separately. Having all the content (movie , Black Freighter , Motion Comic) in one place is convenient , but I'm not completely sold on it. :/

Then again , I already have the Watchmen Game and movie experience on the PS3.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']WBShop.com currently has Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut listed at $38.36. With the $10 off coupon that'll bring it down to $28.36. They offer free shipping for any orders of 2 or more Blu-ray's so you could add a $9.99 Blu-Ray (Freddy Vs. Jason, Interview with a Vampire, Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake) and use the codes XB992 and WBINSIDER25 to get 20% off your order and free shipping. This would get you the 2 Blu-rays for a total of $33.92 unless you live in CA or any other state where they charge tax. Also, this is assuming that the $10 off coupon will stack with these other 2 coupons.[/QUOTE] But Wal-Mart has free shipping without an extra purchase, and it's only 50 cents more. I went with that option anyway. Good to see that the WB Store didn't price it a lot higher.

Amazon seems to have bundled my Watchmen order with a totally separate order I had shipping out today (same tracking number). Anyone had this happen before?

[quote name='lawl']Amazon seems to have bundled my Watchmen order with a totally separate order I had shipping out today (same tracking number). Anyone had this happen before?[/QUOTE]

Yeah they did it last week when I placed two seperate orders of the simpsons s12. Also, this week they bundled my MW2 X360 and Hardened Edition together.

[quote name='lawl']Amazon seems to have bundled my Watchmen order with a totally separate order I had shipping out today (same tracking number). Anyone had this happen before?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

It was in KY when I went to bed and at my door when I woke up.

So one thing worth noting is that the digital copy is just like that of the DVD set, and expires November 3, 2010. Guess I forgot what year it was.

Mine entered shipping soon can't cancel stage yesterday at 6 pm and this morning I got an email saying they were out of stock but got more so my order will ship soon. I had placed it under two day shipping then got bumped up to release day but no dice.

Damn, had been waiting for reviews to purchase it and was finally ready to pull the trigger and it spiked to $39.49 on Amazon and it's out of stock at walmart online too. Snooze you lose I guess.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Damn, had been waiting for reviews to purchase it and was finally ready to pull the trigger and it spiked to $39.49 on Amazon and it's out of stock at walmart online too. Snooze you lose I guess.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing.

Heh. Cancelling my $35 order and reordering it at $31 only dropped my shipping back by a day, as I got mine today as opposed to Friday

And Shrike is right, this thing is huge. Just by eyeballing it, it looks bigger than the 5 disc UK Planet Earth :br: set.

Mine hasn't shipped but glad I stuck with it, considering the price spike. If this is as plodding and unwieldly as some people are saying, I hope this print is as limited as they say. Come on Watchmen fanboys!

Mine is being shipped from Walmart.com... it's currently in Fort Worth, TX, making it's way to Oregon. $28.86 with free FedEx shipping... should be here by Saturday (so says FedEx). :D

bread's done
Back