Watchmen: Ult. Cut [Blu-ray] $30.99 (has been $32.99, $34.99, 39.99, $41.99 & $47.99)

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Got mine in today, but returned it to get a replacement. The edges of almost all the sides of the box was damaged.[/QUOTE]

I hate when that happens. I also hate when you get a DVD or Blu-ray, and the white sticker on top edge of the case has been placed over the cover of the DVD, so when you try to take the sticker off, it starts to rip the cover. ARGH!!

I'm sure the guys at Best Buy think I'm crazy when I go there to buy a box set of something and carefully examine each box to make sure I don't get one that's banged up on all sides.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Got mine in today, but returned it to get a replacement. The edges of almost all the sides of the box was damaged.[/QUOTE]

How was yours shipped?

Mine came in a box on hard plastic shrink-wrapped cardboard and was fine.

[quote name='exRounder']Mine hasn't shipped but glad I stuck with it, considering the price spike. If this is as plodding and unwieldly as some people are saying, I hope this print is as limited as they say. Come on Watchmen fanboys![/QUOTE]

I was one of those with a Nov 16th est shipping date but mine shipped yesterday. Amazon now says they have it in stock so they must have been able to fulfill all of their orders.

Well, let me know how the movie and BD are!

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I hate when that happens. I also hate when you get a DVD or Blu-ray, and the white sticker on top edge of the case has been placed over the cover of the DVD, so when you try to take the sticker off, it starts to rip the cover. ARGH!!

I'm sure the guys at Best Buy think I'm crazy when I go there to buy a box set of something and carefully examine each box to make sure I don't get one that's banged up on all sides.[/QUOTE]

I THOUGHT THERE COULD ONLY BE ONE?! I hate that. One of the nigh useless skills I've developed is how to finesse the sticker off various materials so that it doesn't damage said surface. And I've also had people stare at me at say TRU when I examine a game case to make sure the cover sleeve isn't misplaced inside the case so that its edges are being crushed.

[quote name='manthing']How was yours shipped?

Mine came in a box on hard plastic shrink-wrapped cardboard and was fine.[/QUOTE]

Mine was shipped the same way. From the looks of it, it probably was damaged even before it was shipped.

Well, anyways, Amazon sent another one out overnight delivery, and I got it today. That is the 1st time I ever received anything that fast from Amazon. Guess I am glad I picked this month to start the Amazon Prime trial.

This time the box wasn't all scratched and damaged, but there is a dent in about the middle of one of the edges on the back and some minor scratches inside the blu-ray case itself. It was minor this time. So I can live with it.

Just got mine from the $28.86 + free shipping Walmart deal. It IS a big, meaty package.

Mine was a bit more dinged up than my usual threshold, so I'll probably see if I can find a copy that's not so dinged. They sent it via FedEx, but in one of those limp bubble mailers that doesn't really protect anything. Looks like it's in stock at most of the Best Buys around my house, so hopefully I can find one that's fairly pristine. It's nice to know that there are others like me who think that if you're going to drop $30+ on a box set, it shouldn't look like it was dropped on the floor and repeatedly hit with a swinging door. :roll:

Mine came in Friday, ahead of the 16th date, and mine came in tight formfitting cardboard and thus arrived in what was satisfactory condition to me.

However, did anyone get a version of the box that was perfectly cut? Once I take off the BluRay sleeve, the text on the black box itself looks offkilter, as if they printed the text on it offsenter, slightly slanted? If this ends up limited, I'd like to think it lends this one a distinguished look, but that may just be me being delusional.

My copy arrived today. The box was a lot larger than I expected, but at least it's sturdy because Amazon shipped it in a bubble mailer and it appears none the worse for wear. :p

[quote name='Burchamj']30.99 at amazon again[/QUOTE]

To match the price at Deepdiscount. At the end of the month when the sale ends they will probably jack the price back up to $39.99.

[quote name='exRounder']Anyone get that coupon by join WBInsider yet?[/QUOTE]

Not yet, I remember someone saying they emailed WB and they said it wouldn't be out until sometime in December, but you could only use it on WBShop.com

[quote name='kjs7']so, would Amazon not be a good place to get this if I want a copy without dings and scratches?[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a crap shoot from other has have posted. I ordered mine and it came with another 2 movies. So this was packaged nicely inside a box shrink wrapped with a cardboard backing.

Others have said it was put in a mailer/oversized envelope.

[quote name='ronin47']This seems to be a crap shoot from other has have posted. I ordered mine and it came with another 2 movies. So this was packaged nicely inside a box shrink wrapped with a cardboard backing.

Others have said it was put in a mailer/oversized envelope.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I might try getting this with 2 other cheap movies if I can find anything good. Did you get the super saver shipping?

[quote name='kjs7']Hmm, I might try getting this with 2 other cheap movies if I can find anything good. Did you get the super saver shipping?[/QUOTE]

Yup, with super saver shipping.

So, the other day I bought the directors cut because I was told that the motion comic from this set is set on 2 standard dvds instead of a blu ray disc. Is that true or not?

Also, anyone have any pictures of this set?

[quote name='kjs7']so, would Amazon not be a good place to get this if I want a copy without dings and scratches?[/QUOTE]

it really depends. most of the time i receive them in good condition but i had 1 or 2 incidents where my package was completely torn up.

Well I'm a little apprehensive since I ordered 2 comic books from Amazon in August and when they got here one of them looked like someone had slashed the cover a few times with a knife. But I don't want to pay $50 at Best Buy. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='stripwhite']Try Walmart. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12960724
It's out of stock online, but maybe you can find it in store.[/QUOTE]

Just came back from walmart. Its 44.99. They refused to honor their own web price. Classy!

Also for owners of the director cut and the web comic is this much of a upgrade? Does this have even more special features? Also can i watch the movie with the freighter stuff and with out?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Just came back from walmart. Its 44.99. They refused to honor their own web price. Classy!

Also for owners of the director cut and the web comic is this much of a upgrade? Does this have even more special features? Also can i watch the movie with the freighter stuff and with out?[/QUOTE]

Srsly, all the answers are in this thread, just read. You get this one for free:

Not really.
There is no Maximum Movie Mode, haven't gone through all the special features.
No, Freighter is in with no option to watch it without.

Just got my $10 coupon from Warner. Pretty useless though, considering that WBshop.com won't stack the coupon with the current 20% off sale.

[quote name='rapsodist']Just got my $10 coupon from Warner. Pretty useless though, considering that WBshop.com won't stack the coupon with the current 20% off sale.[/QUOTE]
Was just about to post this. What a joke.

[quote name='genfuyung']Was just about to post this. What a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and even if the two discounts could stack, it'd still be cheaper for me to go through Amazon since WBshop.com would charge me CA 9.75% tax.

Mine came via amazon fast and flawlessly. Absolutely perfect package, I don't know why you guys are so worried - if there's a problem with your order just send it back for a full refund or exchange.

I just got another 8 separate packages from amazon from my Black Friday week and weekend rampage, not a single problem with any of them. Although I wish they had just bundled everything together into one shipment to save on the packing material (and their own cost)...

bread's done
Back