We should take GGT#50 AND PUSH IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Anyone besides Dallow looking into a Windows Phone?

The concept of achievements on the go has me :drool:ing but the high price of game apps is a huge downer, especially when stuff like Splinter Cell is .99 on iOs right now.

Why would anybody play Splinter Cell on an iPhone?

Apple already killed my interest in paying hundreds of dollars on a portable device just for achievements.

A rat spoke to me in the majin demo. Demo has some interesting ideas, but the art design is terrible.

seanr, wait for the platform to mature for a bit. Look at how android was 2 years ago.

Doesn't Android still have really poor game support?
iOS is far more game friendly and stable.
I hope Live on Win 7 phones mean it'll compete seriously.

Graphic power is still on the side of Apple though.
I'm liking Gamecenter more and more too. Friend leaderboards make me play more than in Sony or MS games do.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why would anybody play Splinter Cell on an iPhone?
[/QUOTE]

It's .99?

[quote name='dallow']Doesn't Android still have really poor game support?
iOS is far more game friendly and stable.
I hope Live on Win 7 phones mean it'll compete seriously.

Graphic power is still on the side of Apple though.
I'm liking Gamecenter more and more too. Friend leaderboards make me play more than in Sony or MS games do.[/QUOTE]

So far the initial game lineup looks like they're ready to compete, with some popular iOS titles there (like Flight Control and Fruit Ninja).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Mobile/Home

Dollar apps make me bite all the time.
Picked up Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the Apple cheese. Would never have considered at $5.

And Pac-Man CE got a cheese update that will keep me busy.

[quote name='dallow']Dollar apps make me bite all the time.
Picked up Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the Apple cheese. Would never have considered at $5.

And Pac-Man CE got a cheese update that will keep me busy.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and I really don't see MS having those sales like Apple does.

Talk about a role reversal.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yup, and I really don't see MS having those sales like Apple does.

Talk about a role reversal.[/QUOTE]

Apple has no control over when companies put their apps on sale or for what price, I don't see why it would be any different on Microsoft's Win7 Phone; most likely the publisher will control pricing just like on basically every other mobile platform.

It's my understanding that developers will have more control in the "indie" section of WP7, while the XBLA section will follow MS' rules (demos, 200 achievements).

[quote name='seanr1221']It's .99?

So far the initial game lineup looks like they're ready to compete, with some popular iOS titles there (like Flight Control and Fruit Ninja).

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Live/Mobile/Home[/QUOTE]
I guess if you like wasting money on games that control like dogshit on a touchscreen.

Duke Nukem 3D was free recently and I wouldn't even play that with a controller, much less a touch screen. I'd rather keep the $1+ and put it towards something that is much more likely to be worth the money.

I wouldn't buy a new device that can also play games because of ports of games I may already have.

Yeah, any game is worth 99 cents. Honestly, how much is that? 99 cents is:

A soda
A candy bar
Something off the Dollar Menu

If I spend more time playing a 99 cent game than I would drinking a soda, than it was worth the money.

[quote name='Cheska19']What is it you don't like about the game?

Your still in the first part of the game, your going to be coming up on a pretty annoying part and then it gets very good and emotional.
[/QUOTE]

Just noticed this, but the game is just getting tedious. I liked it at the beginning and played it for a few hours straight, but now it really is just too tedious for me. I can only play for short bursts before getting tired of it, but
The part with where you had to follow rules in the rooms made me hate the game. I'm at the Resident Evil mansion now with the medusa kid...tell me this game gets better?

I guess I value a buck more than you guys do. Most iPhone games that I've played aren't worth it for free, much less $0.99, so I'm not willing to fork over the money for anything that comes out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I guess I value a buck more than you guys do. Most iPhone games that I've played aren't worth it for free, much less $0.99, so I'm not willing to fork over the money for anything that comes out.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty picky about iPhone games when I had one -- I'd only bought The Simpsons and Peggle. There was a zombie pizza game that was okay that I got for free, but that was about it. I'd buy peggle again if it came out for Android.

So I loved Desert/Jungle/Urban Strike back on the Genesis. Is Soviet or Nuclear Strike worth picking up on PSN, don't feel like messing with hooking up the old system, but need my fix.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Yeah, any game is worth 99 cents. Honestly, how much is that? 99 cents is:

A soda
A candy bar
Something off the Dollar Menu

If I spend more time playing a 99 cent game than I would drinking a soda, than it was worth the money.[/QUOTE]

Yea but the hydration + energy will last you a couple hours and the food will also hold off hunger for a little bit longer - without the need to spend more than a dollar.

And most 99 cent iphone games hold your interest less than a couple minutes.

Is there anywhere I can watch the Tester uncensored? I gotta see Mo's balls.

Played REmake basically nonstop today, I'm up to the part where you re-enter the mansion after getting the Shield Key from the residence. Hopefully I can knock out the rest before the weekend ends.

I didn't the first time I played it, but then my only pre-4 experience was watching my dad play RE2 as a kid. When I played through Deadly Silence it really clicked with me though, and now I want to get the others when my backlog goes down.

I smell like a cig

[quote name='dallow']I tried the Amnesia demo for some real survival horror.

Too scary. :([/QUOTE]

Is it any good, though? I like scary games, but so few of them are actually fun to play :(

[quote name='Chacrana']Is it any good, though? I like scary games, but so few of them are actually fun to play :([/QUOTE]

If you like scary games, then you owe it to yourself to play Amnesia. I didn't realize how many other games fail at being actually scary until I played it. Also, it is definitely engaging and easy to play/control if that's what you mean by "fun".

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Isn't Amnesia a PC game doesn't that immediately cancel out any chance of being fun[/QUOTE]

8vydtc.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I was pretty picky about iPhone games when I had one -- I'd only bought The Simpsons and Peggle. There was a zombie pizza game that was okay that I got for free, but that was about it. I'd buy peggle again if it came out for Android.[/QUOTE]
I've bought about $30 in games so far, which probably comes to about 20 games. A few of those were bad purchases.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Isn't Amnesia a PC game doesn't that immediately cancel out any chance of being fun[/QUOTE]

PC gaming is really just the game of trying to keep your PC up to date by spending $1000 a week upgrading it so that it can play games from 1982.

[quote name='Cheska19']If you have PS Plus and have auto download on, you get to watch the Tester early :D Already watched the first episode!![/QUOTE]

OY!

Happy b-day dallowmang

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've bought about $30 in games so far, which probably comes to about 20 games. A few of those were bad purchases.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably have picked up the cave shmups and some of the pacmans on sale if I still had an iphone. Sometimes I kind of wish I did. :whistle2:?

--

Mid-fightstick dual mod... having some issues. :(

Phew. Finally finished The Witcher. That's good -- it was very time consuming.

Fuccckkkk it's 11PM already. Oh well. I don't regret spending the day playing that game.

I haven't paid for many iPhone games.

Peggle - 99cents
Wolfenstein 3D - 99cents
Zenonia - 99cents
Song Summoner - 9.99?
Crash Nitro Kart - 1.99

Only regret Crash and Song Summoner.

GODDAMN BOULDER

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom demo. It was fun and I'll have to check it out. It kind of reminded me of Folklore in the sense that it seems like a good, under-appreciated game that most will ignore because of the top tier games coming out around it.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I liked the Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom demo. It was fun and I'll have to check it out. It kind of reminded me of Folklore in the sense that it seems like a good, under-appreciated game that most will ignore because of the top tier games coming out around it.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it made by the same people too?

hmmm... yeah, I think I'm definitely going to buy Amnesia. Blind buy it, even. I watched the trailer for the game, and it basically looks like exactly the kind of game I want to play.

Though i'm not sure when I'm going to play anything else. I'd like to get a lot of work done in advance this week, and frankly, The Witcher has satisfied my game-playing needs for a little while. That's what a good RPG does, yo.

[quote name='distgfx']Wasn't it made by the same people too?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're both made by Game Republic, though Majin seems a bit more puzzle-oriented than Folklore was.

Also, if people want Mafia II for PC cheap, check ebay for auctions on download keys.
It sells for between $5-12 for the key, just activate on Steam and it's yours.
Just bought mine for $11.

These come from the free Mafia II promo from Nvidia.

I beat Costume Quest today! Very fun and cute game, the outfits were simple but badass, and I had a good time getting all the trophies. My final party consisted of
Robot, Pumpkin, and Unicorn

Nice, I used
Robot, Vampire and Unicorn
. I loved CQ cause it reminded me of what games are supposed to be all about.... having fun.

[quote name='Indignate']I just beat it as well. Last boss was a bitch though. Took me five tries. My final party was
Robot, Spaceman, Vampire
.[/QUOTE]

Wow, lots of love for
Robot, Vampire
Personally, I stopped using anyone who had the awful timing attacks (except for
Spaceman
) almost instantly.
And the reason you had so much trouble with the final boss? No healing.
I took in a party of
Unicorn, Pumpkin, Liberty
and smashed him on the first try. :cool:

I loved the costumes. The game just had awesome imaginative art direction.

cheska are you going to tell us what actually happened for an episode of the tester instead of what is cut and shown to us?

bread's done
Back