Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!

Dammitall, this is really cramping my CAG Lifestyle ;)

IATCAG, can you PM me with those drops please? I feel so out of the loop for all of the threads and clearances I'm regularly on.

I like the new layout so far, but I have to request an awareness message when you get a new Private Message. It is just driving me crazy how it doesn't always say it like it use to. Please add it to the new site thanks Cheapy. Congrats again on the new launch.

About the blogs, it seems that the blog posts just disappear after an hour or so, since new ones keep coming up. It seems like there should be more viewable on the first page. 10 seem to pop up pretty quickly and probably much faster one the blogs get more popular. Then, unless you got some ridiculous picture or title, your views stop coming and your blog post just fades away.

Also, is there a way so that your draft blogs and scheduled blog posts aren't shown on your front page? I have 3 right now, so I only get 7 other posts that aren't mine.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Dammitall, this is really cramping my CAG Lifestyle ;)

IATCAG, can you PM me with those drops please? I feel so out of the loop for all of the threads and clearances I'm regularly on.[/quote]

I would, except for the fact that I can't get to the fuckin' thread myself. That and the Kmart thread were acting up for me, but the Kmart one finally got resolved but the guide one is still down for me(though it DID come up for a bit).

Oh and not to poo poo a new feature, but the whole 'friends' thing on here does remind me too much of MySpace and I use that site about once every 2 months or so, though there are quite a few I've dealt with who I would wanna be friends with. However, I'm thinking that 'friends' page thing is going to be like a competition for some, where they're going to try and amass as many people as possible on their list for internet bragging rights, just like MySpace. :whistle2:#:whistle2:#:roll::roll::roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bazz']I like the new layout so far, but I have to request an awareness message when you get a new Private Message. It is just driving me crazy how it doesn't always say it like it use to. Please add it to the new site thanks Cheapy. Congrats again on the new launch.[/quote]
This will be added.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']About the blogs, it seems that the blog posts just disappear after an hour or so, since new ones keep coming up. It seems like there should be more viewable on the first page. 10 seem to pop up pretty quickly and probably much faster one the blogs get more popular. Then, unless you got some ridiculous picture or title, your views stop coming and your blog post just fades away.

Also, is there a way so that your draft blogs and scheduled blog posts aren't shown on your front page? I have 3 right now, so I only get 7 other posts that aren't mine.[/quote]I changed it to 20.
Other users don't see your draft posts.

[quote name='CheapyD']This will be added.

I changed it to 20.
Other users don't see your draft posts.[/quote]

great... I know others dont see them, I mean me.

[quote name='yukine']150x150 avatars would be nice, but I think we're in the minority of those who have a high monitor resolution. I'm sure John or Cheapy can look that information up though.

I'd rather see the box around avatars go away, it makes CAG's avatars that are transparent like Liquid's look fugly. :[[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the box has to go.

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but whenever I load the front homepage, it loads the stuff on the left (deals for example) first, but it's stretched across the full screen. A second or two later, the other stuff shows up on the right - recent/popular posts, the new area at the top that displays posts since I've been gone, etc.

This is kind of jarring, since the entire screen changes. Started happening...probably yesterday, but when 2.0 first launched it didn't do this. Everything loaded at the same time.

Did I cause that, or is it a change behind the scenes? I thought it might have to do with that "stretch 100%" thing, but I un-did that and it still happens.

Anyone else having this occur? Sorry if there's an answer already and I'm being lazy by not finding it m'self.

I don't like how just going to the main page will make new posts no longer show up as new by the time I go to the forums.

[quote name='Strell']Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but whenever I load the front homepage, it loads the stuff on the left (deals for example) first, but it's stretched across the full screen. A second or two later, the other stuff shows up on the right - recent/popular posts, the new area at the top that displays posts since I've been gone, etc.

This is kind of jarring, since the entire screen changes. Started happening...probably yesterday, but when 2.0 first launched it didn't do this. Everything loaded at the same time.

Did I cause that, or is it a change behind the scenes? I thought it might have to do with that "stretch 100%" thing, but I un-did that and it still happens.

Anyone else having this occur? Sorry if there's an answer already and I'm being lazy by not finding it m'self.[/quote]

it happens to me every time...

[quote name='Strell']Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but whenever I load the front homepage, it loads the stuff on the left (deals for example) first, but it's stretched across the full screen. A second or two later, the other stuff shows up on the right - recent/popular posts, the new area at the top that displays posts since I've been gone, etc.

Anyone else having this occur? Sorry if there's an answer already and I'm being lazy by not finding it m'self.[/quote]

Same for me.

I just noticed the "since you've been gone" thing in the upper right corner of the home page. Very cool. Especially if you have people on your friends list.

My thread was merged into this one yesterday (for whatever reason, I don't understand why) and has gone ignored... so to ask again:

[quote name='Koggit']
Is there a way to make the homepage fullscreen?

In the forum we can go into our CP and switch it to use 100% of the screen; can widescreen users do something similar to the homepage?

I know most of you use widescreen monitors as well, but for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about:

Untitledpicture-2.png
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Koggit']Like in the forum we can go into our CP and switch it to use 100% of the screen, can widescreen users do something similar to the homepage?[/quote]
No. I'm not sure if that is something that can be done, given the layout of the page.

[/quote]This will be fixed.

So the Pm message pop up only notifies you of new private messages

You get no notification when some one replies to private messages

Any chance of adding an "add to friends list" and "add to ignore list" options for the menu when you click on someone's username in a thread? I know it took 2 years to get the latter added for the old CAG, but I'm hoping it doesn't take that long in CAG 2.0. Thanks.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']It seems the forum has eaten some of my post. See: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4572735&postcount=189.

Apparently, any text after that media tag just disappears, but if I go to edit the post it's still there. Any idea what's going on?[/quote]
Yeah, you don't need the media tags anymore. The videos will auto-embed when you post the link by itself. I fixed your post.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Any chance of adding an "add to friends list" and "add to ignore list" options for the menu when you click on someone's username in a thread? I know it took 2 years to get the latter added for the old CAG, but I'm hoping it doesn't take that long in CAG 2.0. Thanks.[/quote]
I'll do it now.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, you don't need the media tags anymore. The videos will auto-embed when you post the link by itself. I fixed your post.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks Cheapy, the media tag was just a force of habit.

[quote name='CheapyD']Yeah, you don't need the media tags anymore. The videos will auto-embed when you post the link by itself. I fixed your post.

I'll do it now.[/quote]
*clicks Ignore CheapyD*

Thanks.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']*clicks Ignore CheapyD*

Thanks.[/quote]

I will not be ignored.
Try it and see.

So far all of my suggestions have been met.

Very efficient, I'd give you a tip Cheapy but you're in Japan and according to you they don't have tips. ;)

the bright, bold green of unread thread titles is a bit much - causes some strain and hurt on me eyes. I looked to see if I could customize this myself but couldn't find it if it is even possible. This also has likely been mentioned but I thought I'd voice my opinion on it.

I'm glad CAG 2.0 has turned out better than PS3 Firmware 2.40. It would've sucked if Cheapy's new site design ended up bricking my PC.;)

upl2567235654.jpg

What's up with the horrible ad placement? I'm assuming you'd want them in the normal spot between forum stuff and banner, not above the banner, which ruins the nice aesthetic that CAG 2.0 has. This is using the latest Firefox version. It's the same for IE7, too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
What's up with the horrible ad placement? I'm assuming you'd want them in the normal spot between forum stuff and banner, not above the banner, which ruins the nice aesthetic that CAG 2.0 has. .[/quote]
If anything, this enhances the look as the ad is no longer separating the header from the rest of the site. Many popular sites have this layout, including the entire weblogs inc family (joystiq, engadget, etc), newsweek, and many many more. I think after a day or two, you will like it better too.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']not sure if this has been mentioned, but is there anyway to get this "Cheap Ass Gamer > Forums > Cheap Ass Gamer Lifestyle > CAG News, Feedback & Site Assistance > Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!" on the bottom of a page again. I got my posts per page to 200 and I have to go back up to the top again if I want to any place besides back.[/quote]Will look into it.

Is anybody else having problems with the advanced reply to post page? I can't change the font, use spoiler tags (or any other option in that bar), use emoticons or pretty much anything else.

The text size icons still do nothing for me in Firefox 3.0 and Internet Explorer 6.0.

Also the text size seems to have gotten smaller randomly.

The key difference is that the forums aren't blogs.

Edit: Is there any way to bring the ignore list over to the blogs, as well? By that I mean blocking comments from ignored people in any blog outside of your own and even block their blogs from showing up in the blog listings?

[quote name='Maklershed']I just noticed the "since you've been gone" thing in the upper right corner of the home page. Very cool. Especially if you have people on your friends list.[/quote]
Only problem I have is that currently this module can't be shifted around and takes up a lot of wasted real estate as it currently is.
asisyd6.jpg

I don't know if the empty space on the left will be later utilized for something, but could this be tightened up a bit and shortened so it takes less space vertically?

couldbetz0.jpg

This has got to be one of the first web site redesigns that I liked from day 1. Thanks to my ban from Neogaf (for no reason that I can think of) this is now becoming the video game community that I call home. Group Hug everybody!!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The key difference is that the forums aren't blogs.

Edit: Is there any way to bring the ignore list over to the blogs, as well? By that I mean blocking comments from ignored people in any blog outside of your own and even block their blogs from showing up in the blog listings?[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Nobody has answered the Auto-Log Off feature. Is there one? I seem to get logged off after a few minutes of being idle.[/quote]

Actually I mentioned it a few pages ago. I get logged off even though I check the "remember me" box after a few minutes on idle.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Actually I mentioned it a few pages ago. I get logged off even though I check the "remember me" box after a few minutes on idle.[/QUOTE]

Me too. That is why I posed the question. "Remember Me" doesn't work for me either. It seems like if you're idle the forums don't want you hanging around.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
upl2567235654.jpg

What's up with the horrible ad placement? I'm assuming you'd want them in the normal spot between forum stuff and banner, not above the banner, which ruins the nice aesthetic that CAG 2.0 has. This is using the latest Firefox version. It's the same for IE7, too.[/quote]

The better question would be, why are you using Firefox, but not adblock?

And I desperately need a way to be notified of new PMs.

[quote name='Access_Denied']And I desperately need a way to be notified of new PMs.[/quote]

Well, I see the new flashing PM notice (under the CHEAP ASS GAMER banner), but it's rather small and out of the way, so I don't know how effective it will be... Still, it's better than nothing.

Please...if you are going to post about an issue you are having, please include your browser and version.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Edit: Is there any way to bring the ignore list over to the blogs, as well? By that I mean blocking comments from ignored people in any blog outside of your own and even block their blogs from showing up in the blog listings?[/QUOTE]
That, please.

bread's done
Back