Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!

[quote name='GizmoGC']So...where did PMs go?[/quote]Read post 333.

[quote name='NJMane']The new set up is nice but will definitely take some getting use too. The only grip I have is I liked the right side of the old page. I could quickly check the new game deals as well as fellow CAG TradeList updates/posts. As another member said I dont care about most popular because I dont necessarily care about that I want the two previously stated forums. That was the one thing i was worried about changing and of course it did.[/quote]Read post 257.

I know it's tough to scroll through a thread, but I have confidence some of you can do this on your own.

Am I really the only one that likes to click, "View My Posts" so I can see which threads I posted in?

Why is that not a selectable thing anywhere? That's like my number 1 most used feature in any forum...

How do you guys find what threads you commented in?

[quote name='metaly']The user control panel is pretty good. It's what I look at most of the time.[/quote]

You don't like jumping right to your most recent posts? I also like to use it as a bookmark so I can see where I left off a thread.

Nice, 1 day in and I'm number 2 on the most viewed Blogs list.

Considering just how shitty my post is, I'd say that's a nice accomplisment. :lol:

I like the new features, still trying to get used to the colors. Too bad there's no way to tell if you've got a PM when you enter the site except through email.

[quote name='KSHLove']I like the new features, still trying to get used to the colors. Too bad there's no way to tell if you've got a PM when you enter the site except through email.[/quote]
Just turn on the pop-up setting that's been around for forever. It lets you know when you get a PM right away.

Can we (or can it be added) to remove tags on our own blog posts like we can on our own forum posts? Not that I don't like all the egomaniacs adding their own name to every single blog post.

[quote name='KSHLove']Too bad there's no way to tell if you've got a PM when you enter the site except through email.[/quote]

[quote name='lordwow']Can we (or can it be added) to remove tags on our own blog posts like we can on our own forum posts? Not that I don't like all the egomaniacs adding their own name to every single blog post.[/quote]

both will be added soon

Can we get links back to the forum chain on the bottom too (I hope that makes sense). It would be great if this was on the bottom:

Cheap Ass Gamer > Forums > Cheap Ass Gamer Lifestyle > CAG News, Feedback & Site Assistance > Welcome to the All New Cheap Ass Gamer!

Is there any way to change the location of the cursor for the quote button to place it in between the tags? I thought that's how it worked before, but it seems to place the cursor after the tags now.

Great to see the new site finally live. The forums look great, but the home page is a little noisy -- there is a lot of visual clutter with all the "lines" and "icons."

You might look at a little more differentiation in font size as a way to make the visual hierarchy a little more distinct -- it would help with faster scanning of the page, so CAGs can more quickly find what is desired and relevant.

[quote name='guinaevere']None at all? What browser are you using?
[/QUOTE]Firefox 2. something. I usually have to guess what smiley icons are. Not just the new CAG I'm having issues, even the older one.

Thanks a lot Cheapy for the blog options. I uploaded a blog image also. :D

Sorry to be "that guy,"

I'm not sure if this is just me, on this blog post, when I try to add the tag "Toys R Us" on the right, it doesn't seem to work. When I remove the spaces (or write any tag without spaces), I have no problem.

I'm using Firefox 3.0 on Mac OSX

[quote name='lordwow']Sorry to be "that guy,"

I'm not sure if this is just me, on this blog post, when I try to add the tag "Toys R Us" on the right, it doesn't seem to work. When I remove the spaces (or write any tag without spaces), I have no problem.

I'm using Firefox 3.0 on Mac OSX[/quote]Hey Wow, I just added the tag no problem, but it shows up in italics. Is it in italics on your side?

Edit: I checked the page using IE and wasn't logged in. The tag shows up but isn't in italics. Anyway, I don't know why you can't add that tag to your own blog. I'm guessing the stand alone "r" may have something to do with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guinaevere']Hey Wow, I just added the tag no problem, but it shows up in italics. Is it in italics on your side?[/QUOTE]

ya thanks gwen. Not sure what was up with that.

Though it doesn't show up in italics like the other ones. I think italics means that you were the one who added it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guinaevere']No problem. Do me a favor? Try and add Toys R Us as a tag to this thread and tell us what happens.

Edit: Yeah, that's my guess too. But it only seems to be on blogs, not on threads.[/QUOTE]

Was able to do it no problem. Could it have to do with the capitalization? (forums automatically make it lowercase, blogs keep caps)

Okay, I just tried adding "Toys R Us" (case specific) to that blog and it didn't go anywhere. I went to your dragonfly blog and added "Test R Us" no problem, "Tubs R Us" no problem. "Toys R Us" does absolutely nothing when you click the button. (we'll be able to delete blog tags soon, but for now, apologies for the test tags)

So the result of our experiments shows that one can not add "Toys R Us" to blog tags unless it's entered in lower caps. That's a very odd one.

Congratulations LordWow. You are indeed, that guy. :lol:

[quote name='guinaevere']Okay, I just tried adding "Toys R Us" (case specific) to that blog and it didn't go anywhere. I went to your dragonfly blog and added "Test R Us" no problem, "Tubs R Us" no problem. "Toys R Us" does absolutely nothing when you click the button.

So the result of our experiments shows that one can not add "Toys R Us" to blog tags unless it's entered in lower caps. That's a very odd one.

Congratulations LordWow. You are indeed, that guy. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol: I broke the blogosphere.

The icon that appears next to peoples itrader rating (I assume it's the link to their trade thread) doesn't show for me... just a little red X next to everyone's name that is supposed to have it.

edit: I can still click on the red X and it'll link me to the tradelist, I just don't get to see the icon :whistle2:(

CAG 2.0 is sex. Thanks cheapy for not letting the boards rot in some old ass played out format like every other game site admin does. You rule.

Love the new look have a few questions.

1. Is there a time-out feature now? I seem to get logged out when I'm idle for a while.
2. Not so much of a question but when i click this it sometimes wont allow me to click into the forums.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']2. Not so much of a question but when i click this it sometimes wont allow me to click into the forums.[/quote]You using IE?

I hate the new look, it looks like a shitty website from the mid-90s when we didn't expect more.

And worse of all, it's too dark and hard to read.

Never really came to the site for anything apart from downloading the CAGcast every week and maybe the occasional mild flame on the CAGcast thread. So I guess I'm not as affected by the change as others.

I will be interested to see the UK/euro specific deals though (that you talked about in a recent CAGcast) and see if many get posted. At the moment although the frontend is UK specific with the Union Jack and 'Arse' the big DEALS link just goes to the US deals forum.

As I'm more of a lazyass than a cheapass I need a separate forum/page otherwise my visits will remain to just clicking 'download' every Friday and that's it :)

One other thing I would like to see changed is the path to your current location in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I would much rather have the root of the path be the forum index like it used to be, not the front page of CAG.

bread's done
Back