What are you watching on your Netflix (or going to watch)?

[quote name='Rooster752']I watched that about a month ago! Highly enjoyable! I want to see Machine Girl too.

I just watched Zombiemania. Pretty good zombie documentary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I just watched it and really enjoyed it. Just the right length too.

This bullshit with Netflix not renting out new releases till 4 weeks after they come out in stores really sucks. Granted, I can get most of those movies from Redbox, but not in Blu-ray form. :(

I hear that, but it's more like bullshit with Blockbuster signing deals to get exclusive windows. Nothing Netflix can do about that, unfortunately. After all, these are BBV's last, desperate attempts at being relevant. They are going to throw money at anything they can in hopes of surviving.

Last things I watched were Prison Break (good show, but movie was lacking) Tyson (documentary on Mike Tyson, wasn't bad) and Beverly Hills Ninja (first time seeing it and I enjoyed it). Right now I need to finish watching US Marshalls.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I hear that, but it's more like bullshit with Blockbuster signing deals to get exclusive windows. Nothing Netflix can do about that, unfortunately. After all, these are BBV's last, desperate attempts at being relevant. They are going to throw money at anything they can in hopes of surviving.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't really see any advantage BBV has over Netflix besides the fact that you can get a movie that day and not have to wait a day for Netflix to mail it to you. But a rental from Blockbuster, I believe, costs more than half of what the monthly fee is for the Netflix 1 disc at a time plan!

The other shitty thing is that, unless you're lucky enough to have it sent out on release day, you often have to wait 2 months or so for a newer movie to become available. This just adds an extra month to the wait time.

I'm more than happy with Netflix overall, especially the instant streaming. I'd recommend the service to anybody who asked. But this is still annoying, even if it's not Netflix's fault. At least they're adding more recent releases and some really good TV shows to instant streaming to compensate.

Hell, I shouldn't be complaining at all. I still have... *goes to look* 269 movies/TV show discs in my DVD queue and 482 movies and TV shows in my instant queue, LOL.

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and have been for a while now. Nearly done with the entire series. I'm at episode 19 of Season 7.

Gonna start on Angel afterwards, probably.

im thinking about getting it since my family canceled starz and showtime for hbo. i watched a ton of hd on demand between those channels- really enjoyed Spartacus blood and sand. hbo doesnt have much that interests me and isn't in hd hehe

[quote name='GhostShark']I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and have been for a while now. Nearly done with the entire series. I'm at episode 19 of Season 7.

Gonna start on Angel afterwards, probably.[/QUOTE]

I love Buffy, but I think Angel's even better. There are, of course, several episodes that tie together with episodes of Buffy. I love Angel's supporting cast- not at the beginning, but the group that is the focus for the majority of the show's run. Even if you don't prefer it to Buffy, I'm sure you will enjoy it quite a bit.

The opening of Angel season one is god awful. The show pretty much has no direction and just seems half-assed tossed together.

24 - season two is a great time waster if you have a lot of paper work like me to do that is repetitive. The show has everyone generally shouting or explaining what they're doing most of the time so it's ok to look away from the screen time to time. Never thought I'd be praising a lack of subtlety!

I'll probably re-watch all the seasons of Lost on Netflix after the series finale on Sunday. I'm sure there's a lot of things I missed, people have mentioned a few hints towards Locke/smokey in the first two seasons that I obviously didn't catch the first time around.

it's been a slump lately really for Instant Streaming on Netflix. Haven't seen much of good stuff to watch. All the good stuff I had in my instant watch que list got removed. blah

Not as much good stuff as I expected was on that list, but I have so much stuff in my instant queue- I had to delete some yesterday to add more, since I had reached the limit of 500 titles- that it doesn't make a difference.

Watching Weeds season 5 currently. Five episodes in. Good so far, but going to heavy on the drama and light on the comedy compared to the first 3 or 4 seasons so far.

Not sure if anyone is a documentary nerd like I am, but if you are, I found the show "30 Days" to be pretty engaging(they have the 1st two seasons up already, I think the 3rd is on its way.)

I saw Pandorum in theaters and thought it was pretty decent but felt like I had seen that sci fi story somewhere before.

Yeah, I have those in my queue but have not watched them yet. There are a lot of good documentaries on there, including some really good military and presidential docs.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Watching Weeds season 5 currently. Five episodes in. Good so far, but going to heavy on the drama and light on the comedy compared to the first 3 or 4 seasons so far.[/QUOTE]

Weeds went downhill
when they burned the original town down
. Since then it has been nowhere near as good in my opinion. Watchable definitely but the first 2 seasons were classics.

Same thing happened to Californication. Season 1 was great. Season 2 got away from the comedy in my opinion and added way to much drama.

i just renewed netflix again since i have been out since november. very cool to see Buffy seasons that I missed out on and Beavis and Butthead. :D

The Shield - Season 7... forgot it existed for a while and decided to wrap that series up. Pretty good in the end. Wild for sure.

Supernatural Season 1 - Watched
Supernatural Season 2 - Over halfway through
Life Season 1
Wild at Heart - Watched
H.H.Holmes - America's First Serial Killer - Watched
Machinist - Watched

I Watched High Kick Girl. Man, I don't know what it is with Japan making some of the most annoying characters ever. It felt like it was trying to do something like recent Thai martial arts offerings (Ong Bak, Chocolate), but instead just felt like an extremely low budget version with the most annoying editing (CONSTANT slow motion that kill what any impact the moves might have had).

Finished Weeds Season 5 yesterday.

Pretty solid season. As I said earlier, definitely heavier on drama and lighter on comedy, but still some laugh out loud moments for sure.

Ending definitely has me waiting for Season 6!

[quote name='bardockkun']I Watched High Kick Girl. Man, I don't know what it is with Japan making some of the most annoying characters ever. It felt like it was trying to do something like recent Thai martial arts offerings (Ong Bak, Chocolate), but instead just felt like an extremely low budget version with the most annoying editing (CONSTANT slow motion that kill what any impact the moves might have had).[/QUOTE]

Thank you for preventing me from watching that, lol. I thought, "Hmm, that might be something interesting to check out..."

I watched like the first 30 minutes of the machine girl and it made me think of what the Saw movies would be like with a $50,000 budget, lol.

[quote name='atlninjalo']Until they add support for subtitles I will not be getting netflix. Its a must have for the wife.[/QUOTE]

I'd like that as well because some of the foriegn movies have horrible dubbing.

They have been saying they are planning to add it in the next month or so for the last 1.5 years. Comcast on demand was the same way until one day it just showed up.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Just finally resubscribed to Netflix. My cue is 35 movies and TV shows long. Yikes.[/QUOTE]
I've got 396...

almost done streaming xfiles season 1 - reliving the glory days :)

on the last disc for breaking bad season 2 - can't get enough of this show!!!

I just found the old Nicktoons like Rugrats, Angry Beavers, AHHH Real Monsters, and Rocko. That's what I am watching now.

I decided to give the Firefly series a try after I heard good things. Flipped it on one night and finish 10 episodes in 2 days.

Good show. I wish it would have held on for at least a few more seasons.

(Just picked up the Serenity movie from Amazon for $1.76. Haha.)

bread's done
Back