What do you think, to good to be true?Newer Games with low BIN and Free Shipping

[quote name='hx214']also if you look at the feedback there was about 10 that was from silver something, and there was a pair of girls jeans on there.and I didnt see anything on there that was video game related, dont you think that the husband owning a video game store would have picked up some rare games on ebay to sell at his store? I am betting someone told a mom or a girl pretending to be EBay that they needed there password to check something and they gave them the password. BE CAREFUL[/QUOTE]

If the store just did go out of business and they have only been a memeber of EBay for less than a month it's possible that's why no games were bought with the account. I still think it's a scam though

so there isn't any kind of punishment if i were to just start up an ebay account and put up a shit load of cheap games for half off and then walk away with whatever money isn't fought with through credit card companies?

Thats why they hi-jack accounts, and use other peoples address and stuff, then they have you send money to THEIR paypal account, and run with it. It's really hard to track em down

Also its kind of odd to list all those games that dutch auction way, they are selling games sooo fast that ebay isn't going to notice for a while. (I saw 3 games go in less than 10 mins. thats 60 bucks with instant payment. times that by 30 games... ouch...) Im not telling you what to do or anything, just be careful, its a serious headache trust me.

[quote name='Scorch']what the hell.. again, no, I didn't read the description in the auction.. why should I? It still has absolutely nothing to do with the point i'm trying to prove, that there are no feedback from buyers. Quit being pissed because you're possibly screwed out of a couple hundred. You have no right to criticize me for helping out when you were quick to buy a bunch of games from something that's possibly a scam.

I don't "claim to know what's going on". All I said was that there's no feedback from buyers.[/QUOTE]

a couple hundred? you're insane...i dropped maybe a hundred and i'm not even closed to being pissed right now...not even if im scammed, i took the risk, as well as many other CAGs...im smarter than to get pissed about something i have/had control over...just because you don't have "a couple hundred" to piss away without even thinking twice, don't get mad at me

Wow, location: Hollywood, FL.

I also live in hollywood, Fl, so if he does rip anyone off, give me his address and ill hunt him down.

[quote name='Scorch']what the hell.. again, no, I didn't read the description in the auction.. why should I? It still has absolutely nothing to do with the point i'm trying to prove, that there are no feedback from buyers. Quit being pissed because you're possibly screwed out of a couple hundred. You have no right to criticize me for helping out when you were quick to buy a bunch of games from something that's possibly a scam.

I don't "claim to know what's going on". All I said was that there's no feedback from buyers.[/QUOTE]
Scorch, I wouldnt worry about it. TSD takes any opinion other than his own as an insult then counters with childish remarks. Sooner or later his closemindedness will bite him in the ass.
Im sure everybody here sees what you meant and took it under consideration. Heck, even people that bought are admitting it may be a scam.
Theres nothing wrong with taking a shot at it if you can afford to take the shot. Everybody just needs to realize this is semi sketchy. If you take the chance and it pays off, kudos to you. If it doesnt, chalk it up to experence and try and be a little more careful next time.
No matter what the outcome is, positive or negative, it doesnt change that anyone buying IS taking a risk. We (the constructive posters) are simply trying to help everyone get all the facts first so they can decide if the risk they are taking is worth the possible reward. :D

Well I bit and got Mario Baseball so we will see.... But I did Notice that all the Descriptions were based off the UPC Codes, I know you can find them on the Net easy but thats a well thought out scam so kudos to them . And if I get screwed oh well I will file a complant and based on the fact I worked for a big cc company I know they refund less than 25.00 with out ? if you have never filed a complant before.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']a couple hundred? you're insane...i dropped maybe a hundred and i'm not even closed to being pissed right now...not even if im scammed, i took the risk, as well as many other CAGs...im smarter than to get pissed about something i have/had control over...just because you don't have "a couple hundred" to piss away without even thinking twice, don't get mad at me[/QUOTE]

You're now taking personal shots that aren't even needed. You don't see me taking shots at you for being.. what, 23 or 24 and still living at home, do you? No. All I did was try to tell people that there was no feedback from any buyers and you call me out because I said he instead of she.. it doesn't even matter, man. I just tried to help out some people here and I get personally trashed because of it.. it's not even worth it anymore.

So her husband store "went out of business" yet she has Mario Baseball which was released barely 4 days ago up for sale. I can't see how anyone would have such an unexpected store closure that they would have ordered an entire shipment of new releases for a couple days before they closed their doors.

Bottomline I think this is either a scam, or all the merchandise is stolen. I'm leaning towards the former.

If this was a scam would it not make sense for him not to quit listing games and just keep going especially, when the scammer sees how fast people are bitting on some of the games.

[quote name='ajh2298']If this was a scam would it not make sense for him not to quit listing games and just keep going especially, when the scammer sees how fast people are bitting on some of the games.[/QUOTE]
Its all speculation. Plus, the more diverse the games, the more likely people are to buy and to buy multiples. If hes taking the risk of scamming, why not make as much as he can? I mean, if you are going to rob a bank, wouldnt you go for a big one rather than a small in store credit union?

I bit on WoW:SE. I can afford the temporary loss of $30 if this doesn't pan out; if it does, rock on!

[quote name='joeposh']So her husband store "went out of business" yet she has Mario Baseball which was released barely 4 days ago up for sale. I can't see how anyone would have such an unexpected store closure that they would have ordered an entire shipment of new releases for a couple days before they closed their doors.

Bottomline I think this is either a scam, or all the merchandise is stolen. I'm leaning towards the former.[/QUOTE]

Well he would have orderd well in advance from his vender so not all that surprising but oh well I shal see if I get my game...

[quote name='Scorch']You're now taking personal shots that aren't even needed. You don't see me taking shots at you for being.. what, 23 or 24 and still living at home, do you? No. All I did was try to tell people that there was no feedback from any buyers and you call me out because I said he instead of she.. it doesn't even matter, man. I just tried to help out some people here and I get personally trashed because of it.. it's not even worth it anymore.[/QUOTE]

22...living at home because im buying the house when my mom moves shortly...how many 22 years old do you know that own their own house? as for personally trashing you, i didn't personally trash you...you're one to talk about personally trashing people...you give people shit all of the time for trying to contribute to this site, just because they couldn't find something with the search feature or didn't realize it existed...you're an ass and to go on any further with this in this thread, you're just being more of an ass

as for supa, i dont take any opinion other than my own as an insult...we're not even discussing opinions here...you're an idiot

[quote name='supadupacheap']Its all speculation. Plus, the more diverse the games, the more likely people are to buy and to buy multiples. If hes taking the risk of scamming, why not make as much as he can? I mean, if you are going to rob a bank, wouldnt you go for a big one rather than a small in store credit union?[/QUOTE]

Exactly... they're throwing a wide selection of desired games at people with an impossible to refuse price. That way they can cash in quickly...

Looking at their past auction buying history... it makes no sense why someone who owned a video game store would be buying used PS2 games for 3 bucks or so under retail cost (see X-Men Legends for 17 bucks). As they say... if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Well he would have orderd well in advance from his vender so not all that surprising but oh well I shal see if I get my game...[/QUOTE]

Yep, they don't actually ORDER the games right when they're released. However, regardless of where the husband bought all the newest games from, wouldn't he be able to return them? I know in the music retail business, we could send back a certain number of copies for about the same price as we paid, less a restocking fee.

We'll all have 7 days to pay, right? I don't see an "immediate payment required for transaction" notice, so you don't have to pay right away. If anyone is interested in any of their stuff, BIN and wait it out. Wait for a few E-mails, give it a few days in case eBay steps in and closes the fraud-seller down. If it's an account takeover, eBay will usually take control of it w/in 3 days.

If it's been a week since the listings started, I'd say it's safe to pay.

And on that note, when is this scammer going to steal some PS2 games and list them?!? I don't have an X-Box! :bomb: (charlie&theCF not included)

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']how many 22 years old do you know that own their own house?[/quote]

A lot of my friends are under 22 with their own places, and in some cases, married with kids.

as for personally trashing you, i didn't personally trash you...you're one to talk about personally trashing people...you give people shit all of the time for trying to contribute to this site, just because they couldn't find something with the search feature or didn't realize it existed...you're an ass and to go on any further with this in this thread, you're just being more of an ass

My "REPOST" is a tongue-in-cheek thing. I don't give people shit, I just link to the thread talking about it. There's a hell of a lot of difference in saying REPOST and saying that I can't afford something. I don't care about your personal opinion of me (especially when i've really never done anything to you except say 'thanks trust!' when you posted ads early), I tried to help people out and you pointed out that I got the gender wrong, an observation that had nothing to do with the point at hand.. that's like saying "Hey, it's raining" when talking about a car crash.

I bit on it but I used a credit card for funding source funny when you switch your funding source it says are you sure you want to use your credit card and gives you all these reasons to use your checking account

Well with these kinds of prices, no wonder he's out of business! I wish I had a little extra to take a chance on some of these, I could have built a nice XBox collection for when I get my 360. As I read more of this thread its looking more and more like a scam but I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for taking a chance on some of these with the low prices. It could still be entirely possible that the wife is an idiot when she could get at least double for most of these, or someone just stole them and wants to get rid of them ASAP.

[quote name='joeposh']... it makes no sense why someone who owned a video game store would be buying used PS2 games for 3 bucks or so under retail cost (see X-Men Legends for 17 bucks).[/QUOTE]

Wow, these posts are flying in. Good detective work, Joeposh. I stopped looking when it all seemed to be jewelry-related purchases.

So she/he bought X-Men:L 1 for $17? That makes the "hubbies business" line seem reeeally fishy now.

Can anyone hypothesize a business that buys 5+ copies of new releases, but isn't a video game store, and can go out of business w/in 3 weeks of knowing it?

[quote name='Kerig']Yep, they don't actually ORDER the games right when they're released. However, regardless of where the husband bought all the newest games from, wouldn't he be able to return them? I know in the music retail business, we could send back a certain number of copies for about the same price as we paid, less a restocking fee.

[/QUOTE]

I coming from when I did work for a big box (not wal mart) back in 97 in the Video area we had to have the order in a few weeks ahead of time and the restock fee was like 20% so if you look at the logic of the mark up on Games is kind of high he might just be saying F it I can make a buck or two having a fire sale on Ebay.. Or its a big fat scam.. If I lose my 20 and I dont think I will its just a life lesson.But again I worked there what 8 years ago so it may have all changed by now

[quote name='Scorch']A lot of my friends are under 22 with their own places, and in some cases, married with kids.

My "REPOST" is a tongue-in-cheek thing. I don't give people shit, I just link to the thread talking about it. There's a hell of a lot of difference in saying REPOST and saying that I can't afford something. I don't care about your personal opinion of me (especially when i've really never done anything to you except say 'thanks trust!' when you posted ads early), I tried to help people out and you pointed out that I got the gender wrong, an observation that had nothing to do with the point at hand.. that's like saying "Hey, it's raining" when talking about a car crash.[/QUOTE]
Scorch, you are better off just ignoring him. You know he's closed minded and nothing you say is going to reach him. Why waste your breath?

[quote name='Kerig']Yep, they don't actually ORDER the games right when they're released. However, regardless of where the husband bought all the newest games from, wouldn't he be able to return them? I know in the music retail business, we could send back a certain number of copies for about the same price as we paid, less a restocking fee.

We'll all have 7 days to pay, right? I don't see an "immediate payment required for transaction" notice, so you don't have to pay right away. If anyone is interested in any of their stuff, BIN and wait it out. Wait for a few E-mails, give it a few days in case eBay steps in and closes the fraud-seller down. If it's an account takeover, eBay will usually take control of it w/in 3 days.

If it's been a week since the listings started, I'd say it's safe to pay.

And on that note, when is this scammer going to steal some PS2 games and list them?!? I don't have an X-Box! :bomb: (charlie&theCF not included)[/QUOTE]

I like your idea of waiting it out but if you do a buy it now arent you required to fund immediately?

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I paied right after I bought it and the Pay Pal went to a Guy ..[/QUOTE]
Haha. Well guy or girl doesnt really matter to whether its a scam or not even though it go a lot of discussion.
Whats more important though is, was it a verified Paypal account? Biz or personal? Any other info you can share to help others that might be interested in this deal?

I've been scammed by people with 400+ positive feedback, no negatives, and been users for 3 months. They were power sellers, got high feedback, and then scammed people all at once.

[quote name='supadupacheap']I like your idea of waiting it out but if you do a buy it now arent you required to fund immediately?[/QUOTE]

No, it would specifically say that next to the BIN button...but...

HOLD THE PHONE....the OP for this thread only linked us to their other VIDEO GAME auctions! I think this is 100% legit! She's got about 597 other auctions up for all jewelry! After you bring up an auction, click on "view seller's other items"...

She's selling tons of the jewelry stuff, including this lovely Bon Jovi Italian charm:
80_1_b.JPG

WOOHOO! :roll: I couldn't resist putting that in here. Her descriptions for ALL the auctions are the same huge annoying font, so it's definitely her. I don't think she would jeopardize her eBay account to scam 20+gamers, when she's got that many jewelry auctions...so bid away, but hurry, Bon Jovi won't last long :booty:

HAHAHA. You guys killed this stuff. It was 30 games and now its down to 12 in like 10 minutes. I really hope this is legit. Id hate for a bunch of CAGers to get frauded.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Haha. Well guy or girl doesnt really matter to whether its a scam or not even though it go a lot of discussion.
Whats more important though is, was it a verified Paypal account? Biz or personal? Any other info you can share to help others that might be interested in this deal?[/QUOTE]

Verified and Personal..

[quote name='supadupacheap']HAHAHA. You guys killed this stuff. It was 30 games and now its down to 12 in like 10 minutes. I really hope this is legit. Id hate for a bunch of CAGers to get frauded.[/QUOTE]

Keep refreshing, I think she just added Star Ocean for PS2: $9.99 shipped (and I don't remember seeing KOTOR for $5.99!)

[quote name='Kerig']Keep refreshing, I think she just added Star Ocean for PS2: $9.99 shipped (and I don't remember seeing KOTOR for $5.99!)[/QUOTE]
Those have been there all along. It was at 24 when the OP made the thread. Went up to 30ish during the course and now is down in the teens.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']22...living at home because im buying the house when my mom moves shortly...how many 22 years old do you know that own their own house? as for personally trashing you, i didn't personally trash you...you're one to talk about personally trashing people...you give people shit all of the time for trying to contribute to this site, just because they couldn't find something with the search feature or didn't realize it existed...you're an ass and to go on any further with this in this thread, you're just being more of an ass

as for supa, i dont take any opinion other than my own as an insult...we're not even discussing opinions here...you're an idiot[/QUOTE]

There's a 23 year old on this board who owns their own house. ;-) [looks at self] Well, my fiance and I do... but I digress.

Good for you, btw.
-Michael

Nooooooo, ncaa gone. Oh well. I dont even have an account.

But if anyone can put in a good word for me, since we live pretty close to each other, ill pay cash direct.

Edit: everything is pretty much gone, only 8 more different games.

I'm pretty sure this is a scam.
But i jumped into the hole anyway and got Full Metal Alchemist & Inuyasha.

I paid with my Credit Card.
To hell with paypal & their stupid advice, there is no way I'm going to use my bank account for ANY ebay transaction. Worst case senario is that I'll have to dispute it with my credit card.

Good Luck to everyone.

I am sorry if this ends up to be a scam, when I posted they just had the new Hulk game and Halo 2 listed then it exploded in seconds with all the other games.

[quote name='ajh2298']I am sorry if this ends up to be a scam, when I posted they just had the new Hulk game and Halo 2 listed then it exploded in seconds with all the other games.[/QUOTE]

As if anyone here could get mad at you with a sig like that, p'shaw...

The deal is pretty much done, last check was at 8 titles. But you CAGs better come back to this thread and let us know once you've gotten your game. If we can't get the deals, we can at least live them out through you.

[quote name='ajh2298']I am sorry if this ends up to be a scam, when I posted they just had the new Hulk game and Halo 2 listed then it exploded in seconds with all the other games.[/QUOTE]

It is not your fault if this is indeed a scam.
The warning signs were in clear view and all of us were aware of the risks involved.

However, if this is real, we all owe you a beer.

:)

wow this is really pissing me off I cant make up my mind it seems legit because they have other auctions for different items but why would you relist the games wouldnt you just put them all on at once so fees would be less?

[quote name='ajh2298']They reloaded some of the games back up to 20 listings, Nintendogs and NCAA are both back.[/QUOTE]
Damn I hope not must stay away

Yea once things got listed I started to worry a little. I ended up taking a chance on Kirby, GTA: San Andreas, and Nintendogs: Lab & Friends. Hopefully this turns out to be legit.

bread's done
Back