What do you think, to good to be true?Newer Games with low BIN and Free Shipping

I'm 99.9% sure this is a scam. Hopefully you all paid with Paypal CC and not through your bank account. Even still, you guys are either a. extremely foolish or b. extremely lucky if the deal goes through, as all signs point to scam IMO.

[quote name='doodle777_98']or maybe it's stolen merch from lousiana. ha, at least that's what i'm hoping for. i think.[/QUOTE]

yea, hey, those games look familiar..like the ones I had in my appartment before the hurricane :rofl:

so i don't get this whole "screwed if you paid through paypal with a bank account" thing...i have a paypal debit card that allows me to use my available funds in paypal plus the bank account attached to it...if i use that card more than a few times a day, paypal calls me to make sure my card isn't be used for fraud...so they must have some kind of system where they help out fraud cases, if they're that worried about my account

I hope you all get your games. I've been burned too many times to take a chance on this one, even at $10. Good luck.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']so i don't get this whole "screwed if you paid through paypal with a bank account" thing...i have a paypal debit card that allows me to use my available funds in paypal plus the bank account attached to it...if i use that card more than a few times a day, paypal calls me to make sure my card isn't be used for fraud...so they must have some kind of system where they help out fraud cases, if they're that worried about my account[/QUOTE]
Paypal is a strange deal. They seem to have a lot of protections in place but when you actually go to use it, often you find its not all they say it is. Heres the link for the disputes help center:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...urce_page=p/gen/buyer-complaint-outside&flow=

If you used your paypal checkcard there is a special 1-800 number and contact email addy on the back. Use those first and foremost. You ll get better help that way.

Keep in mind TSD that you dont want to wait anything more then a few weeks. Id say 3 TOPS. Paypal is really crumby about disputes filed AFTER the first 30 days. Be on the safe side, if you cant get in contact with the seller easily or it just smells fishy, report a claim immediately. You can always have it closed if everything works out but its darn near impossible to get a positive resolution from them if you go passed the 30 day reporting window.

I guess her husband's video game store went out of business which is why she's selling them for a discounted price...

But ninja gaiden at 9.99? That's just bullshit. You can fetch at least 15-20 for that.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']I guess her husband's video game store went out of business which is why she's selling them for a discounted price...

But ninja gaiden at 9.99? That's just bullshit. You can fetch at least 15-20 for that.[/QUOTE]
NOt to mention Madden and NCAA for 20.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']I wanted to get Nintedogs..PLEASE don't mention how much it was or I'll be very dissapointed

Yeah, I figured $30 for WoW:CE from this seller is slightly better odds than $30 of lottery tickets. Worst case scenario, I can easily afford the temporary loss of funds during dispute.
I'd recommend anyone buying in one of these auctions only wait about 2 weeks to begin the dispute. I'll be asking the seller when my item shipped probably starting Tuesday afternoon, and depending on the response (or lack thereof), might raise a fuss sooner.

[quote name='Kerig']

So who the heck bought all 5 copies of SW:RoTS for GBA??? It got some rave reviews such as: "The in-game music is ringtone quality".:lol:[/QUOTE]

I played the DS version... what a sad little game.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']nintendogs $14.99 shipped[/QUOTE]

i say its a scam. Eb cant even keep these in stock selling at 30 bucks do you really think someone would sell them for 15 shipped if it was real..

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Well, they do have all positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

And all the feedbacks are from sellers... so be weary

Well, I just had to send some money to someone else through paypal and decided to pay for the items I won last night as well. However, this is the screen that came up:

So it's not looking too good. I'm glad I waited to pay. Hopefully, everything works out for everybody.

Chris

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Well, I just had to send some money to someone else through paypal and decided to pay for the items I won last night as well. However, this is the screen that came up:

So it's not looking too good. I'm glad I waited to pay. Hopefully, everything works out for everybody.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Somebody said that he/she had a personal account and that limits it to recieve $500 a month so thats probably why. If this person is scamming he/she should have upgraded to a business account so they wouldnt have any limit

[quote name='m0dem']Somebody said that he/she had a personal account and that limits it to recieve $500 a month so thats probably why. If this person is scamming he/she should have upgraded to a business account so they wouldnt have any limit[/QUOTE]

Ah, I went back and reread that part of the thread. Regardless of a scam or not, I agree that the person should have upgraded to a business account. But now since I can't pay this person how is ebay going to deal with that, since she requires payment within 7 days? I don't want to get negative feedback for non-payment but on the other hand I am glad I didn't pay in case this is a scam.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Ah, I went back and reread that part of the thread. Regardless of a scam or not, I agree that the person should have upgraded to a business account. But now since I can't pay this person how is ebay going to deal with that, since she requires payment within 7 days? I don't want to get negative feedback for non-payment but on the other hand I am glad I didn't pay in case this is a scam.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should try to e-mail them saying that you unable to pay because of their paypal account, and see if they e-mail you back. If they do maybe we can get a better gauge on if this is a scam or not, I know its a longshot but you never know.

[quote name='ajh2298']Maybe you should try to e-mail them saying that you unable to pay because of their paypal account, and see if they e-mail you back. If they do maybe we can get a better gauge on if this is a scam or not, I know its a longshot but you never know.[/QUOTE]

Well, I already emailed them once asking a question about shipping and they have not gotten back to me as of yet.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Ah, I went back and reread that part of the thread. Regardless of a scam or not, I agree that the person should have upgraded to a business account. But now since I can't pay this person how is ebay going to deal with that, since she requires payment within 7 days? I don't want to get negative feedback for non-payment but on the other hand I am glad I didn't pay in case this is a scam.[/QUOTE]

Where does it say they require payment within 7 days? I did not see that anywhere.

This one smells like a scam to me. I'd bet this is a case of "buy unsealed game, reseal game, sell as sealed" or something along those lines.

I'll be shocked if anyone gets their games new and sealed, or at all. Good luck to those that decided to take a chance. Too fishy for me.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']And all the feedbacks are from sellers... so be weary[/QUOTE]

Don't let TSD see that statement (the same one i've made 20 times), he'll shit a brick!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']And all the feedbacks are from sellers... so be weary[/QUOTE]

They're all from sellers, 36 feedback from 67 purchases, a few sellers getting more than one purchase from the person in question, and they're all in the last three weeks.

That smells very questionable to me. No one's bought from this seller. Very suspicious.

I'll keep my money in my possession than tied up in the next month's time in a Paypal dispute.

Again, hopefully I'm dead wrong and this is legit. That seems like a long shot to me, IMHO.

[quote name='Scorch']Don't let TSD see that statement (the same one i've made 20 times), he'll shit a brick![/QUOTE]

Yeah, that makes sense. Must we go over this again? I questioned the fact that you said it was a "guy", not that you brought up the fact that all of "the guy's" feedback came from sellers.

Anyways, I paid for 2 items through paypal. I'll pay for the rest if I receive the first 2 items.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']Yeah, that makes sense. Must we go over this again? I questioned the fact that you said it was a "guy", not that you brought up the fact that all of "the guy's" feedback came from sellers.

Anyways, I paid for 2 items through paypal. I'll pay for the rest if I receive the first 2 items.[/QUOTE]

Shit ti just may be a guy he wouldn't be the first dude to pretend to be a chick on the internet.

I just tried to pay with Paypal for an auction I won on Friday and its telling me "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Any ideas what this means?

Fliz read up a few posts...

And I guess the market for Italian charm bracelets is not as good as he/she/it thought....

Cause If I was Italian, I know I would want nothing but a CSI charm bracelet....

i think the seller should've contacted someone by now, assuming someone messaged her about her not being able to receive any more funds....im getting ready to declare this a scam

Getting ready? I skipped the last 5 pages to get to the inevitable conclusion (morbid curiosity) but this was an obvious scam from the beginning. Hopefully nobody here paid in a way where they can't get their money back. Scorch is the voice of reason here. BIZARRRRRRRO.

[quote name='flizmo007']I just tried to pay with Paypal for an auction I won on Friday and its telling me "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

Any ideas what this means?[/QUOTE]

This means that paypal put a hold on her account for probable fraud or illegal activity. If you send money to someone with a personal account that puts them over $500 received, you don't get that message.

I've seen it before on savetoby.com, where the guy threatens to kill a rabbit if people don't donate $500,000 by a certain date he keeps changing. If you click on "donate" at the very bottom of the page, you get the same error. Now, his goal is to sell "100,00" copies of his book on amazon since you can't donate via paypal anymore.

I got an email today from paypal for a refund on the three I bought. Here is what the email said.

My Ebay account was broken into and items were listed in my name
fraudulently. I am in the process of issuing refunds since I just regained
access to my paypal account. I dont sell games I make and sell Jewelry. I
apologize for the craziness!

[quote name='ajh2298']Hey I just got an E-mail from them saying that both of my items have shipped, so who knows maybe it might be legit.[/QUOTE]

yeah me too...

[quote name='msdmoney']I got an email today from paypal for a refund on the three I bought. Here is what the email said.

My Ebay account was broken into and items were listed in my name
fraudulently. I am in the process of issuing refunds since I just regained
access to my paypal account. I dont sell games I make and sell Jewelry. I
apologize for the craziness![/QUOTE]

eff.

bread's done
Back