What do you think, to good to be true?Newer Games with low BIN and Free Shipping

[quote name='msdmoney']I got an email today from paypal for a refund on the three I bought. Here is what the email said.

My Ebay account was broken into and items were listed in my name
fraudulently. I am in the process of issuing refunds since I just regained
access to my paypal account. I dont sell games I make and sell Jewelry. I
apologize for the craziness![/QUOTE]

if they make and sell jewelry, what's up with all of the (im assuming) glossy pictures they have for sale?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']they just received a positive feedback from someone who bought a game[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.... Auction ended on Sunday and they already recieved the game and left feedback? Odd... Isnt today is the earliest they could have shipped the game...?

[quote name='flizmo007']Hmmm.... Auction ended on Sunday and they already recieved the game and left feedback? Odd... Isnt today is the earliest they could have shipped the game...?[/QUOTE]
yeah.... sunday... post offices arent open, and yesterday was a holiday..

We got hosed.

[quote name='flizmo007']Hmmm.... Auction ended on Sunday and they already recieved the game and left feedback? Odd... Isnt today is the earliest they could have shipped the game...?[/QUOTE]

yeah...and don't forget that it was sent through media mail...since when does media mail ship within a day (even though monday was a holiday)? and the guy who left feedback is from GA while the seller is from FL

i sent the person who left the feedback a nice little message asking him how he received the item so fast? we'll see if i get a response...this person has changed his username 4 times in the past few months

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']if they make and sell jewelry, what's up with all of the (im assuming) glossy pictures they have for sale?[/QUOTE]they sell italian charms. they're little modular interlocking pieces that make like a bracelet. the glossy pictures are custom ones with a photo on top instead of an engraving.

here's what the regular ones look like:
index_frontpage_charmsonwrist.jpg

[quote name='msdmoney']I got an email today from paypal for a refund on the three I bought. Here is what the email said.

My Ebay account was broken into and items were listed in my name
fraudulently. I am in the process of issuing refunds since I just regained
access to my paypal account. I dont sell games I make and sell Jewelry. I
apologize for the craziness![/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound right so it sounds like they might be making it up. If their EBay account was broken into, then what does that have to do with them regaining access to their Paypal account since the EBay and Paypal accounts are totally seperate. Unless they were stupid enough to use the same password for both their EBay and Paypal accounts so both accounts got hacked into.

I sent an email to them the other day after I found out they couldn't receive funds after I tried to pay for the auctions I won. Still haven't got a response as of today.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']yeah...and don't forget that it was sent through media mail...since when does media mail ship within a day (even though monday was a holiday)? and the guy who left feedback is from GA while the seller is from FL[/QUOTE]

Duh @ "glossy pictures???" lol,

Try this theory on for size, kids:

The fraud who scammed everyone bought ONE item himself and gave positive feedback in the hopes of luring more people into sending money before the gig is up.

If that's the case, you might want to look angrily at that person from GA, as right now he's the prime suspect in the case.

CAG-who-Emailed-GA-guy, let us know if they respond, and what their asinine excuse is. Because we ALL know there's no way he got his game.

I guess I'm the first one to hear back from the person. I emailed her/him before I went to work this afternoon, just asking if payment had been recieved and if the item had shipped. By the time I returned home 9 hours later I had a reply:

"Im having problems with my email, but just wanted to let you know this was shipped today 9/6

Take it for what its worth. I'm hoping it means my copy of Guild Wars is legitimatelly en route.

i realize that i could just do it myself, but im tired as hell right now and im getting ready for work....someone should email a couple of the people who sold stuff to this seller, explaining what's going on and try to get their address...

i messaged the guy who left the feedback and he said that he left it after receiving a message from the seller saying that the game was sent...could be true, but who knows...i doubt it

he said that he left it after receiving a message from the seller saying that the game was sent...could be true, but who knows...i doubt it

That doesn't make much sense to me, why would someone leave positive feedback before they even recieved the item? I could say I shipped and item, and even give you a DC number and put a picture of the game inside the box and you couldn't do anything about it if you already left positive feedback, you lost the only leg you had to stand on if you do that... Sounds to me like they are just trying to buy more time so suck some more funds in. I'd file for a refund now if I were you.

Hey guys,

I've seen this type of scam run before... in fact, I was roped in by it last year around the holidays, and have become extremely keen on things to watch for.

#1: eBay account that is experiencing an extremely high level of seller activity in the past few days, usually selling newer games with "too good to be true" BIN prices.

#2: high amount of feedback left from sellers, but hardly any from buyers - OR all buyer feedback is for sub-$10 items

#3: seller only ships USPS media mail and does not offer insurance

#4: seller accepts payment only by money order or personal check (though this one isn't the case)

I am 100% sure, especially after reading the comment that the user's account was broken into... that this is a scam. I suggest that everyone who bid on one of these non-existent items goes to PayPal immediately and requests a refund.

The seller who claims to have received an item and left positive feedback appears to be involved in an elaborate ring of eBay fraud and shilling. I am inclined to believe that he/she is the same person operating through many, many different stolen accounts. Please reference the following information:

The user who left the feedback's feedback is listed here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=dacula07

Notice some of the other things that this buyer has won lately... mainly:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8215355445

from seller skain08. Notice the auction layout and the free USPS shipping. That seller also recently changed his eBay handle (Sep 03)

---------------------------------------------------
Actually, after a little more research, I found out that I'm a retard, and the above paragraphs are probably not true regarding "dacula07" and "skain08". It sure was fun to look at though, and I hope that people reading this will get some idea of how being an eBay detective works. ;)

[quote name='hx214']That doesn't make much sense to me, why would someone leave positive feedback before they even recieved the item? [/QUOTE]

I've actually seen that happen before. When an eBayer is SOO excited to get their item, they feel a compulsive urge to leave positive feedback right away, hoping it'll get to them faster...crazy, I know... :)

So we've got an even weirder situation now: 1/2 are saying they're getting their items, 1/2 are saying the seller was scammed.

I think at this point, everyone might want to list the sellers E-mail address they're dealing with here (but only post up until the @xxx.com part, so we're not violating their privacy), and see if everyone is actually talking to the same person.

If there is more than one address/name, it might be time to start worrying.

[quote name='oddigy']Hey guys,

I've seen this type of scam run before... in fact, I was roped in by it last year around the holidays, and have become extremely keen on things to watch for.

#1: eBay account that is experiencing an extremely high level of seller activity in the past few days, usually selling newer games with "too good to be true" BIN prices.

#2: high amount of feedback left from sellers, but hardly any from buyers - OR all buyer feedback is for sub-$10 items

#3: seller only ships USPS media mail and does not offer insurance

#4: seller accepts payment only by money order or personal check (though this one isn't the case)

I am 100% sure, especially after reading the comment that the user's account was broken into... that this is a scam. I suggest that everyone who bid on one of these non-existent items goes to PayPal immediately and requests a refund.[/QUOTE]

I had many of the same reservations about this auction. Additionally as someone else stated there were no older games included. They were all new, normally high priced items that the seller new would be nearly impossible to resist if priced correctly. No accessories, no old "how the hell am I gonna unload this" games... just stuff that they easily could have sold for more at a one day close out sale.

While I'm really glad I sat this one out, it sucks that so many CAG's apparently got screwed over. I hope you guys get this all sorted out soon enough...

[quote name='Kerig']I've actually seen that happen before. When an eBayer is SOO excited to get their item, they feel a compulsive urge to leave positive feedback right away, hoping it'll get to them faster...crazy, I know... :)

So we've got an even weirder situation now: 1/2 are saying they're getting their items, 1/2 are saying the seller was scammed.

I think at this point, everyone might want to list the sellers E-mail address they're dealing with here (but only post up until the @xxx.com part, so we're not violating their privacy), and see if everyone is actually talking to the same person.

If there is more than one address/name, it might be time to start worrying.[/QUOTE]

ive also had people leave me positive feedback before i even thought about shipping their items...in fact, it happened recently when i sold Carnivale...i even had a little bit of a confrontation with the pesron who bought it before she sent payment...then she sent it and left feedback right afterwards....some people are just stupid...i could've easily said screw it and not bother to send her the set, but luckily for her i'm honest

I think this is a scam, like before with that other guy who had the Asian name, and people got pissed at me because I said I don't trust Asian online sellers that sell games. :)

Scam for sure I think. Maybe if they were all the same game being sold, I would think he/she maybe stole a box of them, but this is a large selection of games, which apparently everyone has bought already.

Try checking the sellers Paypal address and name, and compare it with the other places information, like Ebay.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']...i plan on calling him some time tomorrow, provided i can talk after having my wisdom teeth removed[/QUOTE]

Huh, I would have thought you'd buy into this scam AFTER you removed your wisdom teeth, how ironic...

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']I think this is a scam, like before with that other guy who had the Asian name, and people got pissed at me because I said I don't trust Asian online sellers that sell games. :)

[/QUOTE]

*sigh* wouldn't happen to be a guy named "Peter Luo" with user id "webworld2you" would it? He's the guy previously referenced who ripped me off around Oct/Nov of last year. He apparently got tens of thousands of dollars, and ripped off hundreds of people. I would like to tear him a new one if I ever got the chance.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Wow, location: Hollywood, FL.

I also live in hollywood, Fl, so if he does rip anyone off, give me his address and ill hunt him down.[/QUOTE]

:D

The seller has just received two negatives and one neutral from buyers tryinig to pay for their items, which are the charms she sells. Nothing from buyers who bought games as of yet.

I just filed a paypal dispute for the 2 games I ordered, they have 7 days to respond or I will get some sort of refund(last time this happened to me I got $7.00 back on a $35.00 item). I filed the claim just to see if they would respond with some kind of answer.

I'd been checking this thread but not Ebay the last couple of days, and when I checked my Ebay account right now I found this message from italiancharms...

"Im having problems with my email, but just wanted to let you know this was shipped today 9/6

I'm assuming the other people that had heard from italiancharms received something similar?

[quote name='Whambamm']I'd been checking this thread but not Ebay the last couple of days, and when I checked my Ebay account right now I found this message from italiancharms...

I'm assuming the other people that had heard from italiancharms received something similar?[/QUOTE]

I got the same message but for only one of the two games I ordered so I
e-mailed him back asking if the other game had shipped as well with no response.

p.s.
I love looking at things they have bought and have gotten feedback for, they must be really into dressing up in the bedroom.

[quote name='ajh2298']I just filed a paypal dispute for the 2 games I ordered, they have 7 days to respond or I will get some sort of refund(last time this happened to me I got $7.00 back on a $35.00 item). I filed the claim just to see if they would respond with some kind of answer.[/QUOTE]

i filed one yesterday, we'll see where it gets me...im out $40-$45 right now

I'd recommend doing the proper steps toward a buyer complaint ASAP. I think the money in the seller's paypal account is first come first serve. Speaking from prior experience.

Just filed a complaint. Never received a response when I asked the seller if my item had shipped, and since recent feedback suggests they've been active on eBay, I know they've had plenty of opportunity to respond to one e-mail (well, dozens, if I'm not the only one running into this).

Ah well, kinda figured on this happening. Still a bit disappointed.

[quote name='Whambamm']I'd been checking this thread but not Ebay the last couple of days, and when I checked my Ebay account right now I found this message from italiancharms...

I'm assuming the other people that had heard from italiancharms received something similar?[/QUOTE]

File that PayPal dispute *now* - the seller only ships via Media Mail, which as we all know, can take anywhere from 5 to 10 business days to arrive... by the time the item should have been received, the seller will have cleaned out his PayPal account, and you will never get your money back.

From personal experience, I know that you can only withdraw $400 from a PayPal account every 24 hours, but the chances are extremely high that the seller has cleaned the entire thing out by sending it to another PayPal account first, then going from there... ...or one of hundreds of other possible ways.

I'm still in disbelief that anyone will receive anything he sells. If anyone here is on a relatively new eBay account and you don't care about your feedback, I would also suggest posting a negative that says "STOLEN ACCT, FRAUD, YOU WILL NEVER GET ITEM. FILE PAYPAL CLAIM NOW!!!"

you can mutually retract it later if you actually do get your item.

good luck. :|

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']"no longer a registered user"[/QUOTE]

MAJOR ouch. Game Over. Congrats to those of you who won but haven't actually paid the scammer yet.

[quote name='projecteightysix']dammit, are you going to call him soon?[/QUOTE]

i can't really talk because of getting 5 teeth removed yesterday...but anyone can call, all you have to do is request his info. on ebay

5 teeth? Never heard of extra teeth coming out in that operation. Was there an impacted one, or did you just get a cut-rate doctor?

Doctor: Everything's going along smoothly...
Assistant: DOCTOR! You just pulled out one of the wrong teeth!
D: Oh! Damn! Ummm... A tank of nitrous says you didn't see anything.
A: What horrible instance of malpractice?
D: How many people even count bleeding sockets in their mouths, anyway?

And, on topic, still no contact from seller 24 hours after the dispute was filed on my end. Ah well, teaches me to take chances like this...

It did look like the seller's PayPal account had been verified, so maybe there are still funds to be retrieved even if the PayPal account itself is emptied. Anybody with firsthand experience of that scenario?

[quote name='edson13']http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=perfectiongames
could this be your gal?[/QUOTE]

That could be him, and the sucks that others are getting there Mario Basebal.l Maybe the whole game store thing is true "she" (the seller) put them on ebay for "him"(husband owner of store) and then He saw how little she did the BIN price so said f it lets take the hit and open a new e-bay acct... Yes a dumb theory but I have seen dumber oh well I have an open dispute with paypal now also...

I also fell for this one, got the email that the items were mailed on Tuesday 9/6. Nothing received to date....oh well, I should know by now that if something looks too good to be true it probably is.

You all might find this useful:

e-Bay, Inc.
408-376-7400
Toll Free: 800-322-9266
And another one: 888-749-3229

PayPal
1-888-221-1161

bread's done
Back