What does your username mean?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Tripple Post!!! WHOOOOOT!![/quote]

THe same thing happened almost simultaneously in several threads. I thinkt he server had a major brain fart in the RAID system.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='zionoverfire']Tripple Post!!! WHOOOOOT!![/quote]

THe same thing happened almost simultaneously in several threads. I thinkt he server had a major brain fart in the RAID system.[/quote]

Damn bugs! Glad the mainframe has got lots of RAID to take 'em down.

Well way back in 1994, I was signing up for a free AOL trial (who could pass up 20 hours free?) to check out what this whole "internet" thing was all about. I needed a user name, but all the good ones were already taken (bigstud69, IM2Cool4U, AOLnoob, etc) so I had to come up with something. I happened to play a lot of Killer Instinct at the time and my character of choice had always been Jago, which I thought was the definition of rad. So Radjago was born.

But little did anyone realize it had a hidden meaning as well. There was a player in the NBA named Dino Radja who was from Croatia and played for the Celtics for a couple years. So every time I saw him playing on TV, I'd say Radja, Go!

So in summary:

This + This = This + This

Back when me and a friend were doing a web site I needed an online monicker and being a someone who was according to people being very skilled or a complete professional (Consummate) and being from Canada (Canuck). Hence I used Consummate Canuck.

I came up with this making an account for the Yugioh duelist King Tourney- 'D-L-S' are my initials, so I just stuck in the 'Duel Lady' (being a girl who played Duel Monsters.) Then I quit playing to start jugding instead. Then the store closed. So it's totally obsolete now, but I can't come up with a good replacement 'D' word, so I left it alone.

I was sitting up one night trying to think of a cool name besides using different variations of thepeenil, thewivil or thepeenil_wivil, which I always use and still use at DCR, when I came up with Grave Addiction.

At first it really didn't mean anything to me, but now I know what it is. Video games are my grave addiction. I play them too much, and I used to spend too much money on them. I've gotten to be a lot better about it, though.

I wish I had a better story about the origin of the name. Maybe something about how I like to go grave robbing or something along those lines.

I'm sorry to be a disappointment.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']It is a phrase from the Old Country. It means "the cattle are dying."[/quote]

Even though I recall you giving a different origin for your name (if I'm not mistaken, your name is E. Pobirs), I much prefer this version. :wink:[/quote]

...uh-oh...maybe it's Alzheimer's settling in. In a few years, he'll try to recall the origin of his username and come up with a different story.
:oldman:

[edit: you might be right. You just can't put much past those old guys. Can't remember what you signed, my foot! Nobody else can wriggle out their messes with such a baloney defense. Oops...then again, you're not supposed to speak ill of the deceased. Until enough time has passed, that is. I'd better keep mum.]

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God CHOSE the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a CHOSEN people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

"Chosenones" is usually taken. The origins go back 3 years to an Ebay account I started for a few friends who were going to go into business with me and I wanted a name that was somewhat descriptive of who/where we are in life. The business didn't work out but I really liked the name.

[quote name='RBM'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']It is a phrase from the Old Country. It means "the cattle are dying."[/quote]

Even though I recall you giving a different origin for your name (if I'm not mistaken, your name is E. Pobirs), I much prefer this version. :wink:[/quote]

...uh-oh...maybe it's Alzheimer's settling in. In a few years, he'll try to recall the origin of his username and come up with a different story.
:oldman:[/quote]

No need to wait. I'll come up with a new one tomorrow if need be. A lot of those seemingly senile people are just aging pathological liars.

My friends and I would run around and talk in random gibberish and weird accents (to an extent we still do) when we were around 8 or 9 years old. I can't remember if it was me or one of my friends, but when you say my name in that weird accent we used - similar to the voice Seinfeld chose over his girlfriend in that one episode - it comes out 'magilacudy'.

As for my GT, HoEDaDdY, as long as I can remember I've used that name for all the FPS I've played and I can't for the life of me remember why. I think I'm getting senile. :?

I fell in love with Fallout 2 back in the day and thought Sulik was a hilarious character. My first email address ended up being sulik2 and the name has stuck for many usernames and online games. I can't wait for another fallout sequal.

[quote name='WeaponX2099'][quote name='jaykrue']I was terribly addicted to JCrew clothes in my foolish youth so when I tried to sign up for my 1st email account I was trying to get jcrew but of course it's taken so I came up w/ this phonetic version. Shallow? Yes =P
My other screen name on other sites I go to is phunkeybuddha. Long story short - nightclub w/ the same name but different spelling where I had my 1st one night stand inspired the name.[/quote]

Is Funky Buddha still around?[/quote]

I honestly don't know... last time I was there was, oh, I think 2001. But the name is still pretty cool to me.

Back when I was thinking of a AOL IM username I decided to go with tyecko because my nickname is ty for tyler and i liked ecko clothing back then so it became tyecko. Little did I know this name would catch on with my friends and people at my school because some people still call me tyecko in person. It stuck and I use it for just about all usernames today although I don't wear ecko anymore.

About 4 or 5 years ago I was trying ot think of a username for Delphi Forums. For some reason or another, "Digital" popped into my head. I thought that sounded alright, so then I tried to think of a word I could put next to it. "Space" was one of the first words I thought of and I decided to go with that.

[quote name='mmercer131']Is there any way to change our name on here??[/quote]

Yes but it might be easier for you to simply create a new account. A couple people have done it but they have all been a bit more well established.

Mine's really hard to figure out. Hmmmmm..

karsh.jpg

Naaa...That couldn't be where my name came from!

I had a habit of losing my balance and hitting my head on stuff, and on several occasions hitting myself in the "junk" performing even the most menial and commonplace of body motions. Thus, I am Captain Inertia.

Mine is basically a reference to both the gameboy handhelds, and the fact that I'm such a gaming fanboy. The 415 is my birthday! Wahoo.

Crickett is the name of my chihuahua. 003 makes it easier to use across many boards without it already been taken.

My xbox live gamertag is- TRICKY AMES

Tricky was a nickname I picked up a few years ago & Ames is my middle name.

It just came to me one night long ago as I was falling asleep. I got up and wrote it down, and started using it after that. The fucked up spelling was so that it would be slightly less to type. :lol:

It's based off Squall (FF8) and his need for something to awaken his potential to be a hero. The fucked up spelling is just a consequence of 16 character limits on usernames and what was available. I started using it all over after the first time, for consistency's sake.

I picked my username in 1996. It was either this (Brak) or SpaceGhost, as, at the time, I was all about SpaceGhost Coast to Coast. SpaceGhost is my favorite character, but I chose Brak because it was short and had a better ring to it.

With the success of Adult Swim, which made it shittier, I thought about changing my username, as I loved Brak around the days of Cartoon Planet and when he was a guest character on SpaceGhost Coast to Coast -- not The Brak Show.

Maybe I should have just chose SpaceGhost?

I'll also use the username "Brax0r" (like my gamertag), which is a mixture of "Brak" and "Hax0r" -- which is entirely a joke, as leet speak sucks0rz. :O

Noodle = I love noodles
Pirate= Who the heck doesnt love pirates? Pirate's gold was my favorite genesis game and I like pirates. - The kind with eye patches and peg legs.
- and I couldn't think of anything else at the time.

I also kind of liked the idea of a pirate who specializes in jacking only noodles and noodle based products.

DT - I played defensive end in football but my coach freshmen year called the position defensive tackle

778 - I was number 78 except for one year in which I was number 77.

I was watching some show on Speed TV when I was trying to make an AIM name and it was Super Tuner tv, naturally I forgot to type in the u, and e's are just stupid, as for the 2, there's nothing like random numbers :D

I have always heard Hip-Hop since I was practically born in 1978. From K-Day to my older brother and his friends spinning Hip-Hop. From Dana Dane to Redman, I have always primarily listened to Hip-Hop. So out of no where comes this new group with a new sound that changed Hip-Hop and my life at the time. It was Wu-Tang. I could not get enough out of the group or the solo records at the time. So in the summer of 1994 a new Wu affiliate came out named Shyheim with the album AKA the Rugged Child. Although a little younger than me (I was a sophomore in high school) he was putting out Wu-Tang material at such a young age. I played that album everyday and one song always stood out. That song was track number thirteen called "4 the Headpiece". I used the headpiece and added the 747 because I was taller than most the people at my high school (6'2") and I thought my lyrics were over their head. Now you know the legend of headpiece747.

well i live in america's cesspool, joliet...
and theres a prison a few blocks from me (where they film prison break)
and another on the other side of town
and one day i hope to get out of here...
man i hate this place...

Was a screen name a long time ago. I liked Limp Bizkit and Blink 182 and 5-21 is my b-day. Now I hate both those bands. I hate my username and wish I could change it. Now you may start the flaming.

Well I really have no clue what my username means.

But I got it cuz i needed to type in some username for mtv.com and I didn't have one, so trytej is close to each other an BAM. Got my username.

One of the first Zelda games I ever played and completed was Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Throughout the adventure there is this wise old owl who periodically pops up to guide Link on his quest. In the end, you discover the owl is not an owl at al, but a guardian spirit, hence Guardian Owl. It also suits my personality quite a bit as well because at the time I was big into Half-life Team Fortress Classic and my favorite classes were the Engineer and Medic: support classes.

I've had this name for years. My favorite nba player is michael jordan (his number is 23) and my second is alonzo mourning (well, toss up between him and pippen, used to also be payton but not anymore). Anything involving jordan is often taken, but alonzomourning23 has only been taken once in all the years Ive been using it. If sites don't allow this many characters I go with am23 or alonzomourning (which is usually available).

Sometimes I'd like to shortern my e-mail to am23, especially since this never fits on the line whenever I write it somewhere.

[quote name='jaykrue']I was terribly addicted to JCrew clothes in my foolish youth so when I tried to sign up for my 1st email account I was trying to get jcrew but of course it's taken so I came up w/ this phonetic version. Shallow? Yes =P
My other screen name on other sites I go to is phunkeybuddha. Long story short - nightclub w/ the same name but different spelling where I had my 1st one night stand inspired the name.[/QUOTE]

Since I remember posting in this thread already, I'll just quote myself.

bread's done
Back