What is the longest you've played a game straight?

When I was a kid I played Chrono Trigger from the moment I woke up till dinner, so probably something like 11 or 12 hours. I would've played more but when my mom came home and realized I was in my room all day playing video games she was pissed.

Now I'm lucky if I can get 2 hours of gaming.

Does 'straight' include short breaks? At home I'll play a few hours at a time if I'm into a game.

The few times I was at a LAN party we played UT from Fri night when people were arriving until midday on Sun. We ate and slept (most of us), but other than that it was game time. So if that counts then I can vote much higher.

If your dick wasn't in your hand, and a controller wasn't in your hand, it doesn't count. Bathroom breaks are the only ones we count here. Otherwise it's no straight gaming. I know people will argue that bathroom breaks are indeed "breaks", but everyone needs to drain the main vein if they have been playing Rock Band for 6 hours.

Probably around 10 hours or a bit longer where I've started after dinner and played all night. Only done that a handful of times though.

Playing Gears 1 and 2 in split screen co-op on Insane with a friend accounted for a couple of those. Other ones would be long sessions of online FPS (mainly the Call of Duty series) around launch or map pack releases, and some WRPG marathons with Oblivion, the Mass Effect games, Fallout 3 etc.

Mostly I game in 1-3 hour sessions once or twice a week at most though these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day I would play with friends for 6-7 hours straight. 7 was about the most I ever have. Also played the first dmc for about 5 hours or more straight. I can barely play 2 hours straight anymore.

I played Gears of War 2 for something like 9 hours straight when it first came out. Which was ridiculous. More recently, I played through Bulletstorm in one sitting, which took about 6 hours. I don't play for an extended period of time all that often, though.

[quote name='Chacrana']I played Gears of War 2 for something like 9 hours straight when it first came out. Which was ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I played through Gears of War 2 the day it came out. So that was probably the longest I've ever played a game straight. Probably like 7-8 hours.

Probably 5-6 hours of one of the Call of Duty titles. Multiplayer games with friends make time fly. I can't ever play single player games longer than 3 hours straight though.

I think I managed some insane stuff back when I played MMOs hardcore... but I try to forget about that time in my life (I can remember not sleeping during the night on more than one occasion for sure).

As far as recent stuff I think me and my friend put in a bunch of 6-8 hour days on the weekends playing Monster Hunter Tri online when it came out last year, didn't actually beat the final online monster though even after putting in tons of time (we were up to the stuff right before it though).

2 days maybe 3 on oot bought it during the xmas holiday and played the hell out of it. i only stopped because i couldnt figure out how to get the horse so i had to leave to go find out. think i either went to a library or checked out the guide at ebgames.

Around 24-25 hours. Was back in college when my friend and I were both playing FFVII from the beginning and racing to see who could finish first. After playing so long I crashed and fell asleep, he kept going for another 7 hours though.

Other than that, I normally play a few hours unless I'm really into the game or with friends.

The longest single sitting was beating Prototype. I probably played about 14 hours straight doing the story and side missions. I don't know why I did it. I've played much better games. All I remember was the ending was meh and I had a terrible headache after turning off my console because I did not eating during the entirety of playing.

While sick at home from school I played resident evil director's cut all the way through in 1 sitting. so I'm guessing about 9 or 10 hours. Now I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 hours a night after work

in high school we used to play fire pro s basically friday night to sunday night, small breaks to go to 7-11 and get some grub. occasionally one of us would fall asleep and the rest of us would keep playing, they'd wake up and resume.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']What is Fire Pro S? I googled it, but don't think relevant things popped up.[/QUOTE]

japanese wrestling game. supposed to be one of the best wrestling series ever i never got a chance to play one but always wanted to.

I've done a good waking day when I was sick. easily from wake up to go sleep, roughly 15+.

That's only been one. And now I get >2

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the first day it came out. I played it for roughly 14 hours straight. I only stopped because I realized I was playing it for so long.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']If your dick wasn't in your hand, and a controller wasn't in your hand, it doesn't count. Bathroom breaks are the only ones we count here. Otherwise it's no straight gaming. I know people will argue that bathroom breaks are indeed "breaks", but everyone needs to drain the main vein if they have been playing Rock Band for 6 hours.[/QUOTE]

So then why would short meal breaks be so much different than BR breaks? It was still the focus of the entire weekend. Eating just means we won't pass out like those marathon gamers who die in cybercafes...

I think the longest I ever played a game straight was GTA Vice City in the GTA Double Pack on PS2. I played for around 16-18 hours and only stopped long enough for a bathroom break.

Most of those hours were spent playing the Vigilante mode in an attack chopper at the airport and getting to level 300-400.;)

I don't think I can remember how long, but I was hooked on Dark Age of Camelot for about 3 months in college. My roommate got me playing, and I lost a lot of time to that game. Probably the worst was six hours or so, MMORPG's are huge time investments.

I also spent many consecutive hours playing multiplayer Goldeneye on the N64 with friends in high school, and Warcraft 3.

As an adult, I believe it's the 8 hour session I had on Fallout 3. I ate and had a bathroom break, though, so if that isn't considered straight gaming... probably the 5 or 6 hours I've put in on MLB 09 or NBA 2k11 on occasion.

I remember when Mario Kart Double Dash came out, me and my friends played like for 11 hours, we stoped because we were hungry, we took a break to eat some tacos and played again like for another 3 hours, those were the days

Whenever Mario Party 2 came out my sister and I played it for around 17 hours straight. It was insane how much we played it. Since I grew up, though, longest I've played was ME2. I'm pretty sure I played that for around 10 hours straight on release day.

If your only counting bathroom breaks, then I answered 12-24 hours.

If you include small naps and meal breaks in there, I would have answered 48 hours +.

I can't imagine I ever played anything for more than 6 hours in one sitting. Maybe back in college? Even then I don't think so.

Just last week I played Dragon Age II for 6 hours on Tuesday night and another 6 on Wednesday night. I'm sure I had some all-day sessions with Final Fantasy VI or Secret of Mana or SimCity SNES when I was a kid but I don't remember anything specific.

I probably played Halo and Halo 2 at friends' houses for 12+ hours on splitscreen (obviously this was a while ago), I may have hit 6 or 7 hours playing ME2 or DA:O over the summer more recently. I might have played the 1st and 2nd gen pokemon games for whole days at a time, but I probably took at least one break (more like was forced to) to eat dinner or something.

Probably Fallout 3. I Remember starting in the afternoon and then looking outside and seeing it had suddenly become night.

The only times I can think of is Earthbound of course and I specifically remember playing the original KOTOR all night one night.

Just a few hours for me. I'll start to get massive migranes if I play for more than 3 hours straight.

In my youth I use to play fur untold hours.

For Christmas one year I got Illusion of Gaia, popped it into the SNES and by the time I finally stopped I had finished it.

That happened quite often, though I think Chrono Cross may have been the last time I played more then 6 hours straight on a single game. I want to say I played about 18 in a row.

I did the Extra Life Marathon last year and that was to much for these old bones. I fell asleep a few times PSP in hand while working on Disgaea while reaching for 24 housr.

Yeah, I must have played 12+ hours straight when Diablo 2 expansion came out. Bathroom breaks, a bottles of gatorade, and I recall my roommate and I at the time ordering a pizza.

Oh the old days... around 12 hours (non-stop) with PC Counter-Strike 15 vs 15 or Age of Empires II:The Conquerors 3vs3 at lan parties. That´s why I never bought World of Warcraft LOL
Now I´m happily married and I play with my Ps3 10 hours a week...

I'm nowhere near as beastly as some of you guys answered on the pole, 12+ hours on 1 game holy crap, but I usually get in a 3 to 4 hour sit once a week minimum.

Longest I ever sat and played 1 game, that I can remember, is Costume Quest. Snowed in, so I bought Costume Quest and beat it in 1 sitting. For me it was about a 7 hour game with all trophies gotten.

I'm sure I've done longer, not 12+ though, with Gears when it first came out(and it was my first multiplayer game) but I can't remember how long it was.

Most recently I went from 3 am to 9 am on Fallout 3, because I died 3 hours in without saving(had auto-saves off) so I played another 3 hours to make up for lost time.

I have to say 14 hours playing Call of Duty 4 multiplayer on Xbox Live. I didn't move from that spot from 6 am until 8 pm.

[quote name='lokizz']japanese wrestling game. supposed to be one of the best wrestling series ever i never got a chance to play one but always wanted to.[/QUOTE]

Fire pro returns on PS2 is great. I modded my ps2 so I could play it. Got it from play asia then a year later they brought it to the US.

My long-time record was like 10 hours with Front Mission 3 back shortly after it came out.

My record for one game within a week was something like 42 hours in Dragon Warrior VII over 5 days. I played it like a full time job.

All the (unsurprisingly) got smashed by WoW. I played 14 hours straight one time, just doing random stuff with a relatively low level character. I started with some friends at like 4 in the afternoon, ran with them late into the night, drinking pretty heavily and wound up sober at like 6 something in the morning, ready for bed.

I had a bad cold the week that Uncharted 2 came out, so I was off work. I ended up playing the game from start to finish in a little under 14 hours, IIRC. In any case it was a straight push with only water and bathroom breaks.

I sat down to play GoW: Chains of Olympus for 30 minutes today, and ended up playing for 1 hour. I thought that was kinda crazy. I can only imagine what it's like to sit down to play a game, and then realize it's like 12 hours later.

bread's done
Back