What is your opinion on my crazy friend? (Details Inside)

[quote name='shoobywizard88']First off I'm 16, and getting laid has nothing to do with it & I really like her.[/quote]If you say so. :wink:

Sweeney, I'm amazed that you're not banging chicks every minute of your life with that amazing advice. :wink:

damn, it's sad how many guys here think it's all about getting some.

Not everybody thinks that way, you know? And there ain't a thing wrong with that.

You know, the fact that it's 12 roses is trite, but the fact that you sold something really valuble for flowers says something.
Now, what it says depends on how the girl feels. If she likes you it will be sweet. If she doesn't, you'll be a psycho stalker-freak.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='rabbitt']If he gets some... it's worth it :wink:[/quote]

If you have to give flowers to get laid... it's "pathetic" ;)[/quote]

Most guys don't care if it's pathetic, they only care if it works.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='Zenithian Legend'][quote name='rabbitt']If he gets some... it's worth it :wink:[/quote]

If you have to give flowers to get laid... it's "pathetic" ;)[/quote]

Most guys don't care if it's pathetic, they only care if it works.[/quote]

too true, unfortunately

Oh well, my dad always says you pay for sex in some form or another no matter what.

[quote name='bil4l']I'm getting my woman roses from Wal Mart in a $3 vase and she will be none the wiser. Your friend=scrub.[/quote]

Scrubs are cheap, broke, loser guys who think they're cool. You are the scrub.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='bil4l']I'm getting my woman roses from Wal Mart in a $3 vase and she will be none the wiser. Your friend=scrub.[/quote]

Scrubs are cheap, broke, loser guys who think they're cool. You are the scrub.[/quote]

Sittin' on the passanger side of their best friend's ride tryin' to holla at meeeeee
Oh I don't want no scrub

I just think it is pretty funny how i started this thread to make fun of my friend, i didnt think it would get this many responses! Anyways my point of all this was that if you are going to sell something to buy roses, DO NOT SELL A SEGA CDX!! that system ruled!

[quote name='World Of Games']I just think it is pretty funny how i started this thread to make fun of my friend, i didnt think it would get this many responses! Anyways my point of all this was that if you are going to sell something to buy roses, DO NOT SELL A SEGA CDX!! that system ruled![/quote]

That's why you have a Jaguar. In case you need money, sell that. Of course, it's only worth a buck or two now...

[quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A CDX EVER AGAIN!! :D

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A CDX EVER AGAIN!! :D[/quote]

INDEED!!!!

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

Ya but, on the off chance it works, he won't miss it. A video game systme is worthless compared to a lover.

[quote name='crazytalkx'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

INDEED!!!![/quote]

Sure I will, and if i don't get one again then no big deal.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Ya but, on the off chance it works, he won't miss it. A video game systme is worthless compared to a lover.[/quote]

Some lovers are better than others, and some are worth more than others. What if it never works out for this guy? Then he just lost a rare and valuable system and has nothing to show for it. Besides, one good lover in the hand is worth two great lovers in the bush.

[quote name='shoobywizard88'][quote name='crazytalkx'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

INDEED!!!![/quote]

Sure I will, and if i don't get one again then no big deal.[/quote]

no you will not and if you argue with us again i will kill you in your sleep!

[quote name='shoobywizard88']First off I'm 16, and getting laid has nothing to do with it & I really like her.[/quote]

Be honest. Getting laid has at least something to do with it.

[quote name='shoobywizard88'][quote name='Scorch']Depends on the 18 games.[/quote]

They were just some cheap games. aabout $25 worth.[/quote]

Cheap, crap games? Good deal then, sega CDs are pretty abundant at some used game stores.

Unless it was the standalone. Then you're a tard.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='shoobywizard88'][quote name='Scorch']Depends on the 18 games.[/quote]

Cheap, crap games? Good deal then, sega CDs are pretty abundant at some used game stores.

Unless it was the standalone. Then you're a tard.[/quote]

This is a Sega CDX. Not a Sega CD. Its a handheld portable CD player that plays CDs *of course* Genesis games, and Sega CD games. These are not common at all.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='shoobywizard88'][quote name='Scorch']Depends on the 18 games.[/quote]

Unless it was the standalone. Then you're a tard.[/quote]

yes but keep in mind he had to buy the $25 in cheap crap games just to sell the cdx to get money for the roses! he could of taken the $25, bought 30 roses from costco, and still had the cdx!! instead he has 12 roses, a vase, and no cdx :!:

[quote name='jboy']games before dames. GAMES BEFORE DAMES!!!!!!!!![/quote]

true true, my woman would actually get mad at me if i sold my shit for stuff like that, she cares about my collection and i cares about my womens.

[quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Well I think you could have gotten the roses cheaper but most sega products suck so you really didn't loose much. It's at least nice to see that you are finally going to do something a year of obsession isn't very healthy.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Well I think you could have gotten the roses cheaper but most sega products suck so you really didn't loose much. It's at least nice to see that you are finally going to do something a year of obsession isn't very healthy.[/quote]

Yeah but have you ever seen a CDX? They are pretty badass and also a smaller solution for those of us who love Working Designs role playing games, long love Lunar!!

You dont need material items to win a girl over...atleast you shouldnt if their not shallow. One rose is romantic and perfectly fine, and if you get her a dozen and your not going out with her it may freak her out. I dont see people's obsession with "getting some". I realize you like her, but if you need to buy her a 50$ boquet of flowers for her to notice you or want to be with you...do you really want her?

Take it from me...Someone who needs material things wont be a good partner (long or short term)...I had a two year relationship where I had to spend "X" amount of dollars just to make her happy...now im with someone who only wants me, and is content with what I can give her within my price limits (cheapass dream!)...I know people will say "Oh she's just saying that, she really wants expensive stuff.", this comment isnt always true. Some women are happy with you as a person because they like/love you, and those are the women you should go after.

First off, she wont even take a stuffed animal from me. Roses i just thought would be nice for valentines day. I would give up all my systems that I never use and for world he might have to give up his game systems just to have rent money if his chick keeps using his money like its going out of style!
Oh yeah, if world knew about costco, then why didnt he say something sooner? He let me spend that much. :?:

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

Ya but, on the off chance it works, he won't miss it. A video game systme is worthless compared to a lover.[/quote]

Did we just skip over several steps there? ;)

[quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

Ya but, on the off chance it works, he won't miss it. A video game systme is worthless compared to a lover.[/quote]

Did we just skip over several steps there? ;)[/quote]

Ya, but if it works then my statement stands. It doesn't seem as hopeless as when the topic first started, considering he hasn't actually asked the girl out yet (originally it appeared that she just kept turning him down). Seriously, many of you guys sound like you need to go to the video game equivalent of detox. You have to be pretty pathetic to care more about a piece of equipment than a person. I'm not saying the kids going about it the right way (again, dozen roses is too much), but I have no problem with the concept.

You could have gone and given plasma to earn the money for the roses. You get around $20 each time. Then you could talk to her about how you give plasma in the hopes it helps a sick person in the future. That might impress her. :D

Otherwise, why not go to the local sperm bank and knock a few out for some cash. At least then you'll know you're going to get to drop a few loads during the whole ordeal. :twisted:

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

Ya, but if it works then my statement stands. It doesn't seem as hopeless as when the topic first started, considering he hasn't actually asked the girl out yet (originally it appeared that she just kept turning him down). Seriously, many of you guys sound like you need to go to the video game equivalent of detox. You have to be pretty pathetic to care more about a piece of equipment than a person. I'm not saying the kids going about it the right way (again, dozen roses is too much), but I have no problem with the concept.[/quote]

I don't think the issue here is him selling a rare piece of hardware. The issue here is he's doing so for someone he cannot even claim to having a close relationship with.

A friend of mine sold his Rolex for his fiance at the time, who is now his wife. For someone who he has yet to go out on a date with, I think this is overkill, to say the least.

Oh well, the only way to graduate from the young and dumb class is to make all the mistakes in the book and learn...

[quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='cheapass Gundam'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='shoobywizard88']I never played it until I tested it to see if it worked. I figured I could get another one later in life.[/quote]

Ya, but if it works then my statement stands. It doesn't seem as hopeless as when the topic first started, considering he hasn't actually asked the girl out yet (originally it appeared that she just kept turning him down). Seriously, many of you guys sound like you need to go to the video game equivalent of detox. You have to be pretty pathetic to care more about a piece of equipment than a person. I'm not saying the kids going about it the right way (again, dozen roses is too much), but I have no problem with the concept.[/quote]

I don't think the issue here is him selling a rare piece of hardware. The issue here is he's doing so for someone he cannot even claim to having a close relationship with.

A friend of mine sold his Rolex for his fiance at the time, who is now his wife. For someone who he has yet to go out on a date with, I think this is overkill, to say the least.

Oh well, the only way to graduate from the young and dumb class is to make all the mistakes in the book and learn...[/quote]

I completely agree. Buying a dozen roses for a girl you haven't gone out with is overkill, and may harm his chances, it makes him look like he's obsessed. Something small and thoughtful would be best. He said he's friends with her, he should have some idea of what she likes, should get something moderately priced that shows originality but isn't overwhelming.

I haven't really done anything up till this because i'm tired of waiting for things to happen. Thats why i'm going to go find my balls and try to do something about it. Up until now i've never really tried anything because as you have read i get shy around her and dont say anything. I've had a couple chances to ask her to be my girlfriend but never took them and then when i would finally get around to it she would already be taken. So now i'm going to get my balls and go for it and do something and hopefully it turns out for the best. As for the roses it's not like i've given them to her yet, so if need be i can take some away or whatever.
'

[quote name='jbroush99']Otherwise, why not go to the local sperm bank and knock a few out for some cash. At least then you'll know you're going to get to drop a few loads during the whole ordeal. :twisted:[/quote]

:rofl: :joystick: :lol:

hahahahahaha thats interesting i just did the same thing in january, only i sold an x-box, and it was roses and a stuffed animal for $93

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Well I think you could have gotten the roses cheaper but most sega products suck so you really didn't loose much. It's at least nice to see that you are finally going to do something a year of obsession isn't very healthy.[/quote]

Yeah but have you ever seen a CDX? They are pretty badass and also a smaller solution for those of us who love Working Designs role playing games, long love Lunar!![/quote]
Bah! Lunar is out for the PS1, the only thing I really want to play on a sega CD is Dragon Force.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Yeah but have you ever seen a CDX? They are pretty badass and also a smaller solution for those of us who love Working Designs role playing games, long love Lunar!![/quote]
Bah! Lunar is out for the PS1, the only thing I really want to play on a sega CD is Dragon Force.[/quote]

I found lunar to be better on sega cd. And dragon force is for saturn.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Bah! Lunar is out for the PS1, the only thing I really want to play on a sega CD is Dragon Force.[/quote]

I found lunar to be better on sega cd. And dragon force is for saturn.[/quote]

Oh was it? Shows how much attention I pay to things made by sega.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Oh was it? Shows how much attention I pay to things made by sega.[/quote]

Seriously though, you should buy dragon force. The game (if I remember correctly) costs about 60 on ebay, plus the saturn (if you don't have one), but it's worth it. I wasted almost a year on that game, though once you learn the ins and outs you start annihalating everyone with ease.

[quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='alonzomourning23'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='shoobywizard88']Not really. I figure it will hapen when it will happen. I'm in no big rush.[/quote]

Oh was it? Shows how much attention I pay to things made by sega.[/quote]

Seriously though, you should buy dragon force. The game (if I remember correctly) costs about 60 on ebay, plus the saturn (if you don't have one), but it's worth it. I wasted almost a year on that game, though once you learn the ins and outs you start annihalating everyone with ease.[/quote]

Well I've already got a whole stack of things to waste my time, nice to know the game is good, perhaps I'll acquire it by other means.... :twisted:

Update for everyone------he just called me and said that he is only giving her one rose, but he already bought the twelve so what to do with the other 11 :?:

bread's done
Back