R A The Rugged Man - Die, Rugged Man, Die

Got the rest of my order in:

Caina - Temporary Antennae
W.O.L.D. - Stratification
W.O.L.D. - Working Together For Our Privacy
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
Grayceon - All We Destroy
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses

The Grayceon album is a forerunner for AOTY.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Got the rest of my order in:

The Grayceon album is a forerunner for AOTY.[/QUOTE]

This x1000 that album is nearly flawless!! :applause:

Graveyard - Hisingen Blues is another fine album album albeit in the 70's/psychedelic blues/hard rock vibe. From Gothemburg, Sweden, a place known more for it's death and melo-death.

Make A Change ...Kill Yourself on iTunes for $4. Really good raw black metal with the good ol' suicide/despair theme

compares favorably to early Burzum to be honest, maybe even Drudkh as well without as much acoustic and keyboard. Very grim with lots of chord movement and subtle shifting around a central theme. Well worth $4 if you ask me.

The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
I imagine a scene like this:
Colin says to Jenny, "Jenny, we've ripped off pretty much every cliche I can think of, shall we just go for note for note now?", to which Jenny replies "a capital suggestion!" and we end up with this album featuring Neil Young/Bob Dylan harmonica riffs all over the place, a note for note rip off of the first riff of L7's Shove, a note for note rip off of REM's One I Love, and others that are very familiar but I'm only 6/10 of the way through the album and I'll have to keep an ear open for other things.
It's kind of ridiculous and short of Moby and Beck I can't think of any group or artist that reappropriates other music to their own and plays it off like nothing is actually happening.

Pain Of Salvation- Road Salt One

Usually I can classify what genre an album is but this one I seriously can't tell. Some songs are like almost a Johnny Lang like jazz/blues type. Other songs are like 70's prog rock. Then we have the more modern sounding rock. It's a good listen though.

GWAR - This Toilet Earth
Merzbow/Bastard Noise - Voice Pie
Brutal Truth - Kill Trend Suicide
Brutal Truth - Sounds Of The Animal Kingdom
Godflesh - Selfless
Butthole Surfers - Electric Larryland

Someone traded one hell of a CD collection into my local Half Price Books.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']GWAR - This Toilet Earth[/QUOTE]

Good pickup, Saddam A Go-Go and Sonderkommando are killer tracks.

Got an order from Relapse Records' site:

Black Tusk - Taste The Sin (LP)
Black Tusk - Passage Through Purgatory (LP)
Red Fang - Murder the Mountains
Jesu - Ascension

They also fucked up a previous order so they sent me some extra CDs from bands that I've never heard of. I haven't listened to any yet, any opinions on these?

Extinction - Down Below the Fog
Deceased - Surreal Overdose
Haemorrhage - Hospital Carnage

Type O Negative- Bloody Kisses (Top Shelf edition) and Carnivore- Retaliation coming in from amazon. Working on completing the Peter Steele discography.

Nemo- Rvolu$ion

This might just be my favorite album this year so far, but god damn there has been so many good albums out this year and tons more to come :D.

[quote name='Hoffy']I just picked up Company of Thieves new album "Running from a Gamble". Excellent CD after listening through it once[/QUOTE]

Is it as good as Ordinary Riches? That album is unlike anything I listen to but I really like it for some reason.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is it as good as Ordinary Riches? That album is unlike anything I listen to but I really like it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, it's just as good. If you like their sound you should enjoy their 2nd album. I've had the cd on repeat all day. Probably only one song (at the end of the album) I'm not really thrilled with but the fact that it comes with an acoustic "Death of Communication" right after (which is incredible) completely makes up for it. Overall, each song is strong and enjoyable.

oxyd - astral border
mobthrow - mobthrow
flint glass & arx kaeli - circumbaikal
ahnst anders - home
tabor radosti - agartta
haujobb - dead market
erode - horizon
displacer - night gallery
anklebiter - queue
semiomime - from memory
structural fault - intro/version

predella avant - carbon figures
aus - antwarps
aus - after all
beastie boys - hot sauce committee part 2
explosions in the sky - take care, take care, take care
flint glass / polarlicht 4.1 / transistor – zoran's equation

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz (Remastered)
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman (Remastered Legacy Edition)
Sublime - Everything Under the Sun Boxset

[quote name='dodgeme']Well not CD's but I just picked up both of Kid Cudi's albums on Vinyl. Thought they would be cool to add to my collection.[/QUOTE]

great albums

AC/DC - Ballbreaker
Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
Guns & Roses - Appetite For Destruction
The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - Anthology 1
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
Rush - Exit...Stage Left
Rush - Roll The Bones
Rush - Presto
Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out
Leadbelly - The Best of Leadbelly
Metallica - Garage Inc.
Destiny's Child - Survivor
L7 - Bricks Are Heavy
Jade Empire Soundtrack

Saliva - Survival of the Sickest
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy

[quote name='BlueSwim']AC/DC - Ballbreaker
Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
Guns & Roses - Appetite For Destruction
The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - Anthology 1
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle
Rush - Exit...Stage Left
Rush - Roll The Bones
Rush - Presto
Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs Out
Leadbelly - The Best of Leadbelly
Metallica - Garage Inc.
Destiny's Child - Survivor
L7 - Bricks Are Heavy
Jade Empire Soundtrack

Saliva - Survival of the Sickest
Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
[/QUOTE]
Some good stuff in there then I gotta do a double take and have to ask...

Baha Men?

[quote name='bardockkun']Some good stuff in there then I gotta do a double take and have to ask...

Baha Men?[/QUOTE]The Baha Men album was only a quarter.:lol::lol::lol:

I know I'm a bit late to the party for this band but I grabbed Walking With Strangers by The Birthday Massacre.
Some of the most lush and dirty synth sounds this side of the 80's. It's just a great record for listening the whole way through. There are a couple of definite "single" stand outs, but the whole through it never really misses.

[quote name='nasum']I know I'm a bit late to the party for this band but I grabbed Walking With Strangers by The Birthday Massacre.
Some of the most lush and dirty synth sounds this side of the 80's. It's just a great record for listening the whole way through. There are a couple of definite "single" stand outs, but the whole through it never really misses.[/QUOTE]I love The Birthday Massacre. It's a nice combination of synth and rock with a nice like almost gothic twist to it.

My last purchase was
Chrome Division- Booze, Broads and Beelzebum. (To sum it up, it's basically motorhead with a different singer :lol:).

Chrome Division is great! It's like a bunch of black metal guys got together to drink and play sleazy old school rock n" roll. Long live black and roll! If you dig it, check out a band called I that features an even more impressive lineup of black metal guys doing lighter rock and roll kind of stuff, though Abbath still sings in a more metal vein than Chrome Division.

[quote name='BlueSwim']The Baha Men album was only a quarter.:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]
For some reason I imagine as soon as you left, you put that CD in your car and rolled the windows down and cranked the volume up and screamed the lyrics. Then came the shock that there were more songs on there besides Who Let The Dog's Out.

[quote name='bardockkun']For some reason I imagine as soon as you left, you put that CD in your car and rolled the windows down and cranked the volume up and screamed the lyrics. Then came the shock that there were more songs on there besides Who Let The Dog's Out.[/QUOTE]:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That thing will be blared, I promise you that. Maybe I can sing it while jogging?:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That thing will be blared, I promise you that. Maybe I can sing it while jogging?:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]
Only if you're walking a large group of dogs for some reason and as you're dancing and singing with the song on repeat the dogs notice a cat and immediatly run away after it, in which case you will yell out in time with the song...

You can figure out the rest.

bread's done
Back