6242378245_c7fa96c3f9_z.jpg

6242896358_ae0bb72a66_z.jpg

6242379029_882cf03740_z.jpg

6242897238_6f6941b82e_z.jpg

8x albums on CD in mini LP sleeves, some gatefold
8x albums on 12" LP, some gatefold
25x singles on 7", may with reprints of the rare and alternate artwork
1x DVD
8x 12" poster square things of all the album art...
1x 12" booklet for the set
1x large poster

Agalloch- Ashes Against The Grain
Agalloch- Marrow Of The Spirit

Agalloch is becoming one of my favorite bands of all time. They are just amazing. I love the depth and complexity of their songs (since I am a big prog rock listener) but still keeping the heavy folk/black metal influences. I now own all of their studio albums.

[quote name='mykevermin']Got me the picture disc LP today.[/QUOTE]

Is it purty? I was surprised when I opened my CD as the back is completely black, quite like a PSOne disc. I didn't realize they ever made audio CDs that looks like that.

The last CD I bought (IE didn't download for free) was back in 2005. Bo Bice's (Ugh..I know...Lame) The Real Thing. Haven't paid for music since.....

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Is it purty? I was surprised when I opened my CD as the back is completely black, quite like a PSOne disc. I didn't realize they ever made audio CDs that looks like that.[/QUOTE]I have a few Morrissey singles with black backs I believe. They were going for the "vinyl look" so they look like mini records with grooves and all.
They even made CDRs with that look.

[quote name='praxus07']The last CD I bought (IE didn't download for free) was back in 2005. Bo Bice's (Ugh..I know...Lame) The Real Thing. Haven't paid for music since.....[/QUOTE]
That sad. And I don't mean about Bo Bice.

The last CD I bought in stores was Atmosphere I believe back in '05. However, I have bought plenty of albums since then at shows. It feels good to buy an album at a show rather than some chain store. If it's something I can't buy at a show, I purchase it from the label online.

Latest Pickups

Haken- Aquarius
Haken- Visions (preorder from Amazon)
Opeth- The Candlelight Years
Strapping Young Lad- City
Sleep- Holy Mountain
Widespread Panic- Live In The Classic City II

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Latest Pickups

Haken- Aquarius
Haken- Visions (preorder from Amazon)
Opeth- The Candlelight Years
Strapping Young Lad- City
Sleep- Holy Mountain
[/QUOTE]

Nice pickups! :applause:

Coldplay-Mylo Xyloto

Really digging it so far.

Need to get the new Jane's Addiction as well--may just by the mp3s from Amazon since I got a $3 mp3 credit from preordering the Coldplay album.

Bought these off iTunes today. I hate buying digital but I got both these albums for $12 which was the price of their new CD on Amazon.

Ov Hollowness- Diminished
Ov Hollowness- Drawn to Descent

Ov Hollowness is something like Agalloch. That ambient post rock black metal sound.

Had some extra cash on my iTunes account from whatever so I got these 4 albums for $25.

Alcest- Souvenirs d'un autre monde
Deafheaven- Roads to Judah
Isis- Panopticon
Wolves In The Throne Room- Two Hunters

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Isis- Panopticon[/QUOTE]

Amazing album, so sad that they broke up but I felt that Wavering Radiant was a little weak.

[quote name='tcrash247']Amazing album, so sad that they broke up but I felt that Wavering Radiant was a little weak.[/QUOTE]
Damn, didn't know that. I am just getting into Isis right now and that whole post metal genre right now. Good stuff.

I have never been able to get into Isis. Listened to a lot of their albums and saw them live when jesu was playing support but they just bore me. I like Aaron Turner's work in Twilight though.

Isis' sounds definitely changed a lot throughout their career. Earlier stuff was pretty sludgy and doomy and later was post-metal, but I dug it all for the most part. My favorite album of theirs is Celestial, it was 2 releases before Panopticon and it falls right in the middle of sludge and post (though I guess they can be considered one in the same). Oceanic is brilliant too.

It's too bad you weren't into them live, Sneaky. I saw them once and the show was amazing, though my cousin who wasn't into them that much also didn't like it either. Thankfully when I did see them it was a 20 year anniversary tour and they played something from every album instead of their normal play most of the latest release and 2 older songs. Jesu is great though, I definitely have to catch them some time. I have not checked out Twilight, but I definitely will.

For more post-metal, check out Godflesh, Jesu, Neurosis and Pelican.

[quote name='bardockkun']Not a CD, but Amazon had the Drive soundtrack for $5 so...couldn't say no to that.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, I might have to pick that up, thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='tcrash247']Hrm, I might have to pick that up, thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
I Figured someone would appreciate that since you can't bring up how great that movie is without bringing up the soundtrack as well.

Just got...

Dirty Heads - Any Port in a Storm
Dum Dum Girls - Only in Dreams
Dum Dum Girls - He Gets Me High

all good so far. Dirty Heads put on a good show at Delunafest a couple weeks ago.

Justice - Audio, Video, Disco
Drive Soundtrack

I've liked Kavinsky for quite a while and when I heard his track Nightcall during the opening of the movie I almost shit myself and knew the score was going to be awesome.

Mass Effect 1 soundtrack from booth at Video Games Live in St. Louis in 09. Got lots of soundtracks (both physical and digital) from various game CE's in the last few years.

Coliseum - No Salvation
Darkthrone - Blaze In The Northern Sky
Carcass - Necroticism: Descanting The Insalubrius
Slayer - Reign In Blood

Good day for metal again.

the Allman Brothers Band - Eat A Peach 2xLP
the Beatles - 1967-1970 2xLP
Buffalo Springfield - Buffalo Springfield Again LP
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy LP
Rush - Moving Pictures LP

the Doors - Strange Days LP
the Doors - L.A. Woman LP