What was the last CD you bought? - The Sequel

[quote name='tcrash247']Got my 40 CD/40 poster/4 vinyl pack from Hydrahead today.

[/QUOTE]

Very nice haul I echo the sentiments of Sneaky Penguin.

Harvey Milk is heavy as balls! The opening track "Death Goes to the Winner" could blow your head off your shoulders.

Sludgy, Doomy, Noisy, Melvinie :D

I would also like to add Scissorfight is bad ass! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZiB66BraPo

It starts all soft and mellow then BAM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Pt. 1

HATED L@sers, but I goddamn am enjoying the hell out of this album.

Deftones- Diamond Eyes
Deftones- Koi No Yokan

Never really heard much Deftones always thought the were on the shittier end of the spectrum but I decided to visit them after seeing them listed in a list of post metal bands and I thought they are pretty decent.

[quote name='tcrash247']That's not out yet?[/QUOTE]
I got a preorder off Amazon anyway for the CD. Forgot to add that.

Also picked up...

Alcest- Ecailles De Lune
The Sword- Apocryphon
Phish- Undermind

If you haven't heard Alcest, it's basically the french version of Agalloch but sounding more artsy than woodsy, very good.

Latest Pickups (from used section of Amazon, paid $15 for these total).
Opeth- Still Life (with this, I now own every Opeth studio album)
Phish- Hoist
Phish- Story of The Ghost
Ozric Tentacles- Jurassic Shift

Free gifts. My GF won these from a charity raffle for Child's Play and she gave them to me as a present. Both are hand signed.
Mc Frontalot- Solved
Supercommuter- Products of Science

Wow, I actually cant remember.
I think it was a koRn album... Well, all the CD stores went out of business around my house, so you cant blame me for my lack of cd purchases.

[quote name='bardockkun']Crystal Castles - III[/QUOTE]

I love this record. Planning on picking up a physical copy when I visit the States this December

King Krule - s/t ep

Technically, I ordered Sufjan Stevens - Silver & Gold and Deftones - Koi No Yokan a while back, but they have not arrived yet.

[quote name='Nifty_Shark']I love this record. Planning on picking up a physical copy when I visit the States this December[/QUOTE]
Amongst their three albums I got to say this one feels the most evenly paced and easiest to listen to the whole way through in one sitting. Not bashing the other albums, but this one the consistency of the songs seem to gel with one another. Overall I like it alot, but need a few more listens as to where i place it amongst the three.

[quote name='bardockkun']Amongst their three albums I got to say this one feels the most evenly paced and easiest to listen to the whole way through in one sitting. Not bashing the other albums, but this one the consistency of the songs seem to gel with one another. Overall I like it alot, but need a few more listens as to where i place it amongst the three.[/QUOTE]

Well I've listened to the album non stop (like 30 or more) since it became available thanks to UK iTunes little mistake and it is by far the most unified album. In every way possible. The mix for the vocals is very similar in each song. In this case downplayed. The emphasis on bass is apparent compared to the previous albums. The mood stays the same throughout. Heck even Mercenary features parts of Sad Eyes backmasked. Aside from Sad Eyes nothing really pops out. You can't just jump into a song and get instant gratification. Almost every song depends on the small buildups that don't explode into something but instead keep the general mood of the song on the same plane. The band is getting bigger and bigger so I'm curious how this album manages with it's singles cause there is nothing here that really feels suitable as much as something like Baptism, Celestica, or Courtship Dating. It's cool that CC can remain true to themselves with their growing popularity. I hope that lasts too. Any artist can sell out but I feel like Ethan and Alice are "weird" enough to keep at their selfish ways of doing what they want and not bending to the taste of success they have gained.

The new Deftones CD. It's called Koi No Yokan and it's fucking AWESOME!!! Their last 2 albums felt a little too experimental and out of there element IMO. This just sounds like classic Deftones and I love it.

Now I just want to know, why the fuck do the Deftones hate Houston? They've literally gone to pretty much every city in Texas BUT Houston their last two tours.

Monster Ballads Xmas

It was only 5 bucks and it's hilarious listening to all of those metal bands perform Christmas songs. Totally worth the small price.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Good album!
The s/t and "One Kill Wonder" are good also.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got into The Haunted after "One Kill Wonder" and been meaning to pick up "Made Me Do It". Wasn't as much into "Versus" and "Dead Eye", but am enjoying Made Me Do It alot.

Wino- Adrift and Punctuated Equilibrium
Shrinebuilder- self-titled
Spirit Caravan- Last Embrace
Om- Advaitic Songs and Variations on a Theme
Sleep- Dopesmoker
Clutch- From Beale St. to Oblivion, Blast Tyrant and Pure Rock Fury
Orange Goblin- 5 CD Boxset

Picked up Dopesmoker 2xLP via Amazon. Guess they must have reprinted the record, as it was getting rather hard to find for a reasonable price.

"King Animal" by Soundgarden. It's a very good album - it feels like a natural progression from the last couple, even though they were 16 years + ago. It doesn't sound like Audioslave or Cornell solo (although a couple songs do)... it sounds like Soundgarden.

For those who buy CDs and might like Soundgarden, Best Buy has a 5-disc compilation of their last five albums in one case for $19.99. It's a fantastic deal for some great music - even if the last disc isn't original songs, just a rehash of the others. Definitely a band that should be considered relevant in the age of hipster music and lame rap-rock.

[quote name='bburpee']"King Animal" by Soundgarden. It's a very good album - it feels like a natural progression from the last couple, even though they were 16 years + ago. It doesn't sound like Audioslave or Cornell solo (although a couple songs do)... it sounds like Soundgarden.
[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of mixed. It's a solid album start to finish for sure. But for me there are no standout tracks. There's nothing on there for me like an Outshined, Rusty Cage, Fell on Black Days, Black Hole Sun, Pretty Noose etc. where I go "damn that's a great song" and put the album on just to hear it.

It just all kind of runs together and all sounds kind of same-ish to me. A bunch of good songs, but no great ones for me. Just a bunch of solid, mid-tempo rock songs. Which is part of the issue I guess--could use a couple harder rockers and a slower song or two to mix things up.

[quote name='EDiddy0042']Wino- Adrift and Punctuated Equilibrium
Shrinebuilder- self-titled
Spirit Caravan- Last Embrace
Om- Advaitic Songs and Variations on a Theme
Sleep- Dopesmoker
Clutch- From Beale St. to Oblivion, Blast Tyrant and Pure Rock Fury
Orange Goblin- 5 CD Boxset[/QUOTE]

Excellent pickups!!! :applause: You might recognize the Simpsonization of the four fellows in my avatar pick. :cool:

[quote name='mykevermin']Picked up Dopesmoker 2xLP via Amazon. Guess they must have reprinted the record, as it was getting rather hard to find for a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was reprinted and quite true.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yeah, I got into The Haunted after "One Kill Wonder" and been meaning to pick up "Made Me Do It". Wasn't as much into "Versus" and "Dead Eye", but am enjoying Made Me Do It alot.[/QUOTE]

I agree the older stuff was much better. I felt they lost a lot after Revolver was released.

Went to this record store near my work. Sure they have a lot of CD's, but most were crap. I did grab...

Grateful Dead- Aoxomoxoa
Miles Davis- Bitches Brew

Picked up all the recents in hip hop
Trouble Man: Heavy is the Hand -T.I.
Finally Rich - Chief Keif
Jesus Piece - The Game
They're all really well done albums that stay within what you'd expect from the artist, althouth TI's is definetly my favorite, even though I'm generally not a big fan of his.

Self chosen Xmas picks. So yeah they weren't a surprise but I'm still happy to unwrap them.

Crystal Castles- Crystal Castles III
Nas- Illmatic (10th Anniversary)
Soundgarden- King Animal
Deftones- Koi No Yokan

I'm actually really excited to hear the last 3 on this list. I've already listened to CCIII way more than is healthy.

Neurosis - Honor Found In Decay
Deftones - Koi No Yokan
Bongzilla - Ameriquanica
Harvey Milk - The Kelly Sessions
Burnt By The Sun - Heart of Darkness

Grateful Dead- Blues for Allah

These three came from a Laser's Edge sale. Shipping was $5 but it more than made up for the rock bottom prices I paid for these since Spock's Beard easily can fetch $15 for one CD and I got 3 of them.

Spock's Beard- Snow ($4)
Spock's Beard- V ($4)
Sonata Arctica- Unia ($2)

Some KoRn CD. But that was several years ago.
I seem to download than buy CDs, and only great CDs are worth buying considering the space they take up.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Crystal Castles - III
Grimes-Visions

Pretty good albums[/QUOTE]

Both of these are solid releases... good choices.

bread's done
Back