What will replace My Gamercard?

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
Since mygamercard.net just died, I was wondering what site, if any, will be the replacement for 360 gamercards?

I bring this up since any CAG can input their gamertag and a link to their gamercard will appear under their forum name, but now there is just a certificate of death there for the site.

I was just wondering the same thing. There are lots of gamercard generators out there, but I think they all look like junk compared to MGC. I like how MGC used the avatars. What a bummer

Time to find a new site to get a signature card. That raptr site the CAGcast is always pimping must be one of the screen scrapers.

http://www.mygamercard.net/

To make matters worse, while most of us who insisted on playing by the rules (Terms of Use) of the XCDP, others were showing their lack of respect and selfishness by setting up 'screen scraping' mechanisms to gather additional data from the Xbox website that are otherwise unavailable to us. If you've ever been to Xbox.com and noticed how slow it is - they are the reason why. These sites - some of them for-profit corporations - benefit from having the type of information that the rest of us had been asking for, which quickly started eating away at our traffic. Repeated discussions with Microsoft regarding this issue have gone largely unacknowledged (and certainly un-actioned) by anyone beyond my initial contact.

Eventually, the rise of these websites, coupled with the declining advertising ecosystem, pushed my out-of-pocket expenses upwards as advertising alone couldn't maintain the (quite modest, comparatively) monthly hosting fees. Eventually, the decision had to be made to take down the site. It wasn't (and still isn't) a decision I've made lightly; proof of that is the simple fact that I've been running half of my monthly costs out-of-pocket for over a year now. But despite the sadness of having to shut down this part and chapter of my life, there's a part of me is a little relieved that there's a set 'closure' to all of it, rather than infinite abandonment.

For zaamit, if you guys check his tweets, there may be potential for more gamercard varieties from him. Could be promising.

[quote name='InfinityCartier']Exophaze?[/QUOTE]

This is the one I use since it has both 360 & PS3. It also has Steam for PC users.

[quote name='MSUHitman']This is the one I use since it has both 360 & PS3. It also has Steam for PC users.[/QUOTE]
Is there a way to hide one half of the exophase gamercard, for those of us who are frothing-mouthed console fanboys? :)

Sucks to see MS gave up on something like this. MGC is probably the only reason I care about achievement more than trophies.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Is there a way to hide one half of the exophase gamercard, for those of us who are frothing-mouthed console fanboys? :)[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. I guess you'd have to go with the one mentioned before.

Yeah it's a sad day and I emailed the guy telling him thanks. I even won a contest and got a free Microsoft Points card mailed to me. He's the man and I loved his leaderboards which I created one specially for a forum I visited daily.

I'm using trueachievements since I was a member of them already but I miss my avatar. As for the images not showing up, I went to my homepage and clicked on the two buttons; request update and update Gamercard image. You'd think Xbox's website would have something decent. pshh

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like exophase, but the thing doesn't update correctly for me. I have played a bunch of MvC3, but it says I haven't played anything on PSN for months.

MjC

Seeing it close down made me think twice about a similar idea I was kicking around. Although, with MCG's departure, the market for a new site has opened up.

you don't replace mgc it did way more than just provide a gamercard for your forum sig

I'm going to miss my friend list leaderboard that I could sort by game.

I think we killed Exophase too.

Kinda surprised MS doesn't just do a feature like this. I like the gamercards on Major Nelson, but they're not just images, so I can't link them here.

I really like how my new sig from Xbox360Achievements.org shows my 10 most recent games played and my Gamerscore for each one.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I really like how my new sig from Xbox360Achievements.org shows my 10 most recent games played and my Gamerscore for each one.[/QUOTE]

For achievement-getters like yourself, that is indeed cool. For me, though, I think I'd rather not boast my tendency towards never getting 100%...or close.

Zaamit was cool...but 2nd day of use for me and it seems to be dead already. I bet he's getting hammered with hits now.

[quote name='Cheddahz']I am bummed out that MGC is no more. Why did they end up closing down?[/QUOTE]

Money! and lack of MS support.

[quote name='utopianmachine']For achievement-getters like yourself, that is indeed cool. For me, though, I think I'd rather not boast my tendency towards never getting 100%...or close.[/QUOTE]

I paid 800 MS Points to change my gamertag two days ago, and I didn't realize I could edit my gamertag at Xbox360Achievements.org so I just created a new account and started a thread in their Feedback forum asking for my old account to be disabled. So they permanently banned both accounts. :whistle2:#

I can still use the Achievements part of that site, but my sig from them isn't updating. Fortunately, TrueAchievements is a better site that automatically updates your Achievements instead of making you manually add them from lists. And I managed to find a Lusogamer sig that shows your 5 most recent games and the associated points totals.

I'd totally use that card if instead of Gears 3 it had Mass Effect 3. NM Luso's ME3 NXE one works for me! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back