What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Street Fighter Alpha comes out this week. Not that interested unless they add online matches or something, but at least we're getting a PS1 game.

Nice to see Braid will come too, based on all the praise it seems to get I'd give it a shot.

Myke's head will explode if that starts happening regularly. Seems like a big week so far this week with BCR, two PS1, and possibly the Alone in the Dark demo that Live got last week.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Bionic Fu king commando is 10 bucks![/quote]

AUTOMATIC buy!

In fact, here's a review from IGN for anyone on the fence.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/897/897994p1.html

I for one will avoid downloading the demo, and immediately buy the game on Thursday (then again, had I took the same approach with Elefunk, I would have regretted it)!

It's hard to believe anyone thinking a 2-d fighter on the ps one is anything but shit. Worst system for 2d fighters ever.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Myke's head will explode if that starts happening regularly. Seems like a big week so far this week with BCR, two PS1, and possibly the Alone in the Dark demo that Live got last week.[/QUOTE]

Let it happen.

[quote name='Mr. 420']It's hard to believe anyone thinking a 2-d fighter on the ps one is anything but shit. Worst system for 2d fighters ever.[/quote]

SFA2/3 were damn good on the PS1 alongside Darkstalkers 3 and a few others.

What is the second PS1 game this week?

Also what are the chances of Last Guy showing up this week, it needs to come soon.

[quote name='happy']What is the second PS1 game this week?

Also what are the chances of Last Guy showing up this week, it needs to come soon.[/quote]
Driver.

Probably zero.

[quote name='whoknows']So will Bionic Commando have voice chat?

Weird question, but I just want to make sure.[/quote]
Why would Bionic Commando have voice chat? There's no online play. I guess it does in that you can chat with the friend that's playing next to you, but I don't think that's what you meant.

I wouldn't count Last Guy out so fast, Ratchet comes out next week, which is bigger than BC:R, not to mention that BC:R is also multi-platform, which could encourage Sony to give a second game during the week. The next week also has the giant warhawk update, so there isn't a down week coming up very soon (Mega Man 9 should be soon after that too).

[quote name='whoknows']So will Bionic Commando have voice chat?

Weird question, but I just want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Can you just chat and then play a game likke the 360 ?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Why would Bionic Commando have voice chat? There's no online play. I guess it does in that you can chat with the friend that's playing next to you, but I don't think that's what you meant.[/QUOTE]

Damn...for some reason I thought it had online co-op.

Oh well.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn...for some reason I thought it had online co-op.

Oh well.[/quote]
I think the devs said it was because Rearmed was built from the ground up as a single-player experience at first before they figured out co-op and MP's fun in the game, too, but was too late to get that work done in time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I think the devs said it was because Rearmed was built from the ground up as a single-player experience at first before they figured out co-op and MP's fun in the game, too, but was too late to get that work done in time.[/quote]

Right, according to them it was either go with what they have or to delay the game so they could go back and add a bunch of netcode.

Did they ever reveal what the big PS3-exclusive surprise for BCR was? I thought it was the remote play, but I saw on the PS Blog that Ben Judd mentions it after they revealed that feature.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did they ever reveal what the big PS3-exclusive surprise for BCR was? I thought it was the remote play, but I saw on the PS Blog that Ben Judd mentions it after they revealed that feature.[/quote]
It's nothing to do with BC.
The surprise was SFA coming.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...n-today-and-a-bionic-commando-rearmed-update/

So welcome to our second great installment of the Bionic Commando Rearmed blog. First off, let me clarify a couple of things: The “cool secret” that we will be mentioning is not trophies although we have seen that a majority of you are very excited about trophies and we are seriously looking into how they can be implemented.
Dallow:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/09/bionic-commando-rearmed-psn-features-revealed/
Of course there is one more VERY cool surprise for those of you who purchase the PSN version… but that is another story for another time.

It really is the "surprise" though.
The blog comments/replies confirmed it.

Someone asked him what the 'surprise' he kept hinting at was, and he finally said to watch capcom-unity.com this Monday (yesterday)

On that site they revealed it was that SFA (which has been rated yes) was finally coming.

How would SFA be the surprise for purchasing the PSN version of Rearmed? There's no reason for the producer for Bionic Commando to be mentioning the surprise if it ultimately had nothing to do with his studio's games?

That's pretty much what he said.
He probably messed up what he said when he mentioned 'people purchasing this version...' etc, as he said it months ago.

He mentions it as a treat for PS Capcom fans now, not just BC.

The guy from Capcom said that, not Ben Judd. He even says that right here:
Hey John, when will you be able to drop the news about a possible ’surprise’ with the PSN edition of BC:R? Will you catch the PS SF fans off guard? I read this a long time ago from one of your initial posts about BC:R through the PS Blog. Please let us know already (hey, it’s almost launch for BC:R)!
icon_wink.gif
I’ll let Ben Judd answer this. I can, however, tell you that there’s a Street Fighter surprise next Thursday. Go to Capcom-Unity.com this Monday to find out!

He's talking about something different than the BCR surprise.

Hmmmm.
I'm hopeful once again.
The game has very little time left though to let the cat out of the bag.
They better do it tonight or tomorrow if they want to sway people with both consoles.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...nd-the-scenes-3/comment-page-1/#comment-97528

Another link for Dallow:

Make sure you ask Ben what the surprise is next week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...nd-the-scenes-3/comment-page-2/#comment-97726

Ben is reading. He’s also expected to show up next Thursday. You can ask him then.
I guess we won't hear about the surprise until Thursday then. Damn, that guy from Capcom must be getting paid by the post since he replies to nearly every reply in the blog post.

dammit... I guess I'll hold off on getting it on XBLM and see what the PSN thing is... if it's more to the game than the XBLA release, then I'll get the PSN version... dammit!

Well judging from the 1up review maybe it's just that controls work (supposedly the 360 d-pad ends up moving in the wrong direction most of the time).

There's also something about additional content for the PC version, so who knows.

[quote name='happy']Well judging from the 1up review maybe it's just that controls work (supposedly the 360 d-pad ends up moving in the wrong direction most of the time).

There's also something about additional content for the PC version, so who knows.[/quote]
It's been so long since I played my 360 I almost forgot about the crappy d pad on the controller...

yeah, I'm 50/50 on which version to get... PS3 or 360... I do hate the 360 pad though so that's a huge minus but I also have a ton of MS Points vs. paying with the little money I do have on PS3.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, I'm 50/50 on which version to get... PS3 or 360... I do hate the 360 pad though so that's a huge minus but I also have a ton of MS Points vs. paying with the little money I do have on PS3.[/quote]

I hate the d-pad as well I think everyone does. Only games I don't like on 360 are ones like this, and fighters. FPS works extremely well with the 360 controller. I bought some points from target since they was cheaper,but there not going to do me much good without a 360 at the moment.

[quote name='Richlough']Well since you ask , I still think this thread should be monthly so it's easier to read the impressions of the content , but we've gone over that .

I find it hard to believe that one continuous thread is the way to go .
Think of the new PS3 owners [MGS4+] , and what a pain it is to guess when something came out and find the discussion for it .

Not to mention the much touted 10 year life cycle of the PS3 .[/quote]
Sorry about missing this, so I'll quickly respond now while I've got some free time.

The discussion of games aren't supposed to be contained here, but in the official threads that are created for the games. It's the same for the 360 threads, as hardly anybody discusses what's come out more than a "yup, that's out" basic response. This thread actually facilitates discussion much better because I'm not interrupting conversations and stuff when the month ends.

You keep comparing this thread to the ones in the 360 forum and I don't see any reason why they're better, as it just seems sterile and nobody's really posting impressions of anything that comes out, whereas we've kind of grown a continuous conversation over the things coming out each week, what's coming up, and the weekly updates just add new topics to keep things going. Just reading the first part of this thread shows how little discussion's going on until things start evolving back into the on-going discussion between me, dallow, myke, rolento, etc over anything PS Store-related. Maybe one way to gauge the effect of monthly versus long-term threads is that we've had about 120 posts since August 1st and the 360 XBLM thread's had 16 posts in the middle of this Summer of XBLA campaign.

I would definitely be up for adding an archive of links to when the updates were posted in this thread so people can find what went up that week and follow discussions on that stuff on their own.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Sorry about missing this, so I'll quickly respond now while I've got some free time.

The discussion of games aren't supposed to be contained here, but in the official threads that are created for the games. It's the same for the 360 threads, as hardly anybody discusses what's come out more than a "yup, that's out" basic response. This thread actually facilitates discussion much better because I'm not interrupting conversations and stuff when the month ends.

You keep comparing this thread to the ones in the 360 forum and I don't see any reason why they're better, as it just seems sterile and nobody's really posting impressions of anything that comes out, whereas we've kind of grown a continuous conversation over the things coming out each week, what's coming up, and the weekly updates just add new topics to keep things going. Just reading the first part of this thread shows how little discussion's going on until things start evolving back into the on-going discussion between me, dallow, myke, rolento, etc over anything PS Store-related. Maybe one way to gauge the effect of monthly versus long-term threads is that we've had about 120 posts since August 1st and the 360 XBLM thread's had 16 posts in the middle of this Summer of XBLA campaign.

I would definitely be up for adding an archive of links to when the updates were posted in this thread so people can find what went up that week and follow discussions on that stuff on their own.[/QUOTE]

OK .

So I just finished playing the short but oh so awesome Japanese Demo and man... I think I'll get it on PSN now. Yeah, it's going to suck having little cash now because of it, but man... it's sweet. Can't see myself playing it on the 360 pad since diagonals are almost a must. I tried remote play, and as expect, lag but very damn cool.

5 PSOne games also showed up in the Japanese store today as well.

Project Gaiaray
Soukaigi
BRAHMA Force: The Assault on Beltlogger 9
Aquanaut's Holiday 2
Magical Date

Anyone ever play Project Gaiaray? It looks like a Virtual On clone, but I don't know if it is any good.

What else was added to the JPN store? I'm unable to check right now.

EDIT: While not appearing *entirely* ungrateful, the fact that we're creaming over two PSX games tomorrow, with them both being above average at best, while Japan gets half a dozen or more a month, including Ehrgeiz, Brave Fencer Musashi, Xenogears, and other classics (RE1/2, MGS, and so on and so on)? Dayum.

We've been trained to accept mediocrity and praise it as greatness.

There's a few of you on my side, I know.

bread's done
Back