What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='bmachine']The download speeds make want to cry...2 hours in and I'm only at 13%.[/quote]

Yeah I asked about that in the ratchet thread, I knew it was going to be taking people forever.

And am I the only one who didn't like the Star Wars demo?

[quote name='NamPaehc']

And am I the only one who didn't like the Star Wars demo?[/quote]

I'm with you. felt very... bleh. nothing to cry home about. it felt like a rehash of God of War with star wars paint to be honest.

[quote name='NamPaehc']And am I the only one who didn't like the Star Wars demo?[/quote]

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I'm not really into the whole Star Wars thing but I completed the demo thinking, "I'd actually buy this...and just skip through all of the cutscenes". ;)

I was also reminded of how much fun Psi-Ops and Second Sight were on the original Xbox, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to make that comparison.

[quote name='bmachine']The download speeds make want to cry...2 hours in and I'm only at 13%.[/quote]

Mine wasn't half as bad compared to that. It took me around 2 hours, and 40 mins to download the whole thing.

[quote name='jman619']Mine wasn't half as bad compared to that. It took me around 2 hours, and 40 mins to download the whole thing.[/quote]

I started the DL at 3:30...it's 7:00 now and I'm only at 64%.

My internets are usually pretty zippy here so I'm a little frustrated. :bomb:

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah I asked about that in the ratchet thread, I knew it was going to be taking people forever.

I wasn't really impressed.

I'm sure it's been covered already, but like many I didn't feel like sifting through 18 pages of posts to find the answer.

Is the version of MK II available for download the full, complete arcade version with even the Pit II stage fatality(complete with the characters scream as they fall) and all of the little secrets or is it the gimped Sega Genesis version without the scream?

Is the version of Rampage available for download the original or is it the World Tour? Cause if it's the World Tour, I have the disc version from the Gamestop 75% clearance.

Thanks in advance....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/22/playstation-store-video-content-update-4/

This week's new video content and Top 20 video sales:

This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:
  • Afro Samurai, Season 1
  • American Chopper, Season 3
  • American Dad, Season 2
  • Astro Boy, Season 1
  • Babylon 5: The Lost Tales - Voices in the Dark
  • Batman & Mr. Freeze: Subzero
  • Chowder, Season 2
  • Chuck, Season 1
  • Criss Angel Mindfreak, Season 3
  • Everest: Beyond the Limit, Season 2
  • Ice Road Truckers, Season 2
  • Metalocalypse, Season 2
  • The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Season 1
  • Modern Marvels, Season 2
  • Nip Tuck, Season 5
  • Speeders, Season 1 and Season 2
  • The Unit, Season 2
We’ve also added the following feature films to the Store:
  • 3000 Miles to Graceland
  • Across the Universe
  • Air Force One
  • Are We Done Yet?
  • The Batman vs. Dracula
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
  • Desperado
  • Eyes Wide Shut
  • Feel the Noise
  • Full Metal Jacket
  • Just Married
  • March of the Penguins
  • Memento
  • Natural Born Killers
  • Romeo + Juliet
  • Shaft
  • Sleepers
  • Space Cowboys
  • The Exorcist
  • The Mask of Zorro
  • White Chicks
Here are our top 20 movie and TV downloads for the week – Drillbit Taylor still retains the top spot for a 3rd week:
2788239100_4d62158c62.jpg

[quote name='NamPaehc']Yeah I asked about that in the ratchet thread, I knew it was going to be taking people forever.

I think I read too much about it (Penny Arcade hyped the shit out of it) but I still got great satisfaction out of
ripping a Tie Fighter off the ceiling and throwing it at some Storm Troopers
(not sure if the spoiler tag is necessary, but what the hell).

I won't be paying $60 for it, regardless of reviews though, although I could say that about 99% of games coming out.

I really enjoyed the TFU demo, although, I am a big Star Wars fan. The force grab controls felt a little clunky to me, though. This is one I will definitely be buying once the price comes down a bit.

I think I must have played a different TFU demo than everyone else. It just felt like a sloppy, generic action game to me. Also the Apprentice looks sort of like some scrubby serial rapist in this compared to SC4.

[quote name='metaly']I think I must have played a different TFU demo than everyone else. It just felt like a sloppy, generic action game to me. Also the Apprentice looks sort of like some scrubby serial rapist in this compared to SC4.[/quote]

yeah... in TFU the apprentice creeped me out more than in SCIV where he at least was nice and clean looking.

sould caliber 4 is one of the 5 premeire games on the ps3
star wars force unleashed looks like crap, there is absolutely no comparison

So on the 26th PSN is getting a scheduled maintenece... which means Life with Playstation + Home Expanded Beta are scheduled for the 27th...

I better be in Home or I'll rip the rest of my hair out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']So on the 26th PSN is getting a scheduled maintenece... which means Life with Playstation + Home Expanded Beta are scheduled for the 27th...

I better be in Home or I'll rip the rest of my hair out.[/quote]

Seriously. If I don't get in and my friend does, I will punch babies. I've used my PS3 consistently since launch, have around 60 friends, over 40 videos, 50 pictures, 26 games on my PS3 including demos, purchased 4 games on PSN and have Dl'ed over 98 things on the PSN and have consistently stayed updated. And I have turned on my PS3 at least once every 1 and a half days since launch.

My friend has 1 friend, 1 video and has used his PS3 for SC4 a few times.

yeah... in TFU the apprentice creeped me out more than in SCIV where he at least was nice and clean looking.

Yea... Apprentice has a weird little baby face in TFU, but in SCIV he is friggen bad ass... What happened?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/902/902932p1.html
This is your captain speaking. Strap on that flight suit, as Sierra Online has cleared Red Baron Arcade for take-off on PlayStation network on Sept. 18, 2008. An intense arcade air combat game with online multiplayer capabilities, Red Baron Arcade follows burgeoning pilots as they take to the unfriendly skies and compete to rise through the ranks of the Red Baron's squadron.

Set in the midst of World War I, Red Baron Arcade pits players against the best pilots of the century in devious dogfights, where they must swoop and dodge their way to victory. Manning the gun turrets on WWI-themed aircraft, players can battle conniving computer AI, or wage war against up to seven other aspiring "Aces" online in Deathmatch, Team-Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag modes.

Co-piloting with the release of Red Baron Arcade will be a free PlayStation Network demo of the game. And as a PlayStation Network first, recruits will get a taste of the multiplayer action to test their acrobatic flying skills against other Red Baron Arcade pilots in a special battle arena available in the Red Baron Arcade demo for up to eight players online.

Red Baron Arcade is rated T for Teen and flies onto PlayStation Network Sept. 18, 2008.
Never heard of this, but it's nice to see Sierra supporting PSN.

[quote name='Maklershed']Am I the only one that doesn't see a shred of appeal in The Last Guy?[/quote]
9.0 from IGN makes me even more curious.
Demo should have had another level or two.

It felt like Pac Man to me .. which I also find incredibly boring. Oh well. To each their own.

Also, I love Thursdays. There's something about the PS Store Update that gets me giddy. Even more so than Wednesdays on the 360 although I play the 360 more.

[quote name='Maklershed']It felt like Pac Man to me .. which I also find incredibly boring. Oh well. To each their own.

Also, I love Thursdays. There's something about the PS Store Update that gets me giddy. Even more so than Wednesdays on the 360 although I play the 360 more.[/quote]

I as well thought it felt like Pac Man, with a good dose of Snake thrown in.

The Last Guy would have been awesome if you could choose the areas in the world where you play. It'd be fun running away from aliens at my house that doesn't evolve calling Mexicans racist names and sprinting off.

man... it scares me how much I want to be in Home... i'd be willing to pay someone to get in if my luck didn't fall through. you guys say it sucks, but I'm a freak about home decor built into games.

In the "broken rekkid" news of the week, Japan got 6 more PSX games today.

Blockids
Bomberman Fantasy Race
Carom Shot 2
G-Darius
Seirishoukan: Princess of Darkness
Yamasa Digi Selection 2

In other news, the 360 Xbox downloadable games number almost as many as the USA PSX titles. And that's in just over half a year. Congrats, SCEA.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']man... it scares me how much I want to be in Home... i'd be willing to pay someone to get in if my luck didn't fall through. you guys say it sucks, but I'm a freak about home decor built into games.[/quote]

x2

Plus I want to see the nightmare is that dallow's House of Smoz.

Look what Japan gets in their video store soon when it comes:
Some notable ones (all in SD unfortunately but can also be transfered to PSP):
Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Gundam SEED Special Edition Trilogy
Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition Quadrology
Gundam 00
Z Gundam: New Translation (I, II, III)
Eureka Seven
Disgaea
Macross Zero
Macross F
Macross
Macross Do You Remember Love
Macross II Lovers Again (aka the sequel we'd like to forget)
Macross 7
Macross Plus
GAF

That list is VERY awesome. I really hope (but unlikely) that Eureka 7 and Gundam SEED end up in our video store. I'd actually buy it.

PlayStation Store Update

+ Posted by Grace Chen // Senior Manager, PLAYSTATION Store
Hey, everyone. It’s time again for the PLAYSTATION Store weekly update.
Downloadable Games

The Last Guy ($9.99)
Add-on Game Content

Warhawk Fallen Star Pack ($7.99)
Warhawk Booster Combo ($15.99)
Rock Band

• “She Does” - Locksley ($0.99)
  • “Don’t Make Me Wait” - Locksley ($0.99)
  • “Don’t Make Me Wait” - Locksley ($0.99)
  • “All Over Again” - Locksley ($0.99)
  • Locksley Pack 1 ($2.99) - includes: “All Over Again,” “Don’t Make Me Wait,” and “She Does” by Locksley.
File sizes: 13.5 MB - 22.3 MB (singles), 56.6 MB (track pack)
Game Demos (free)

NHL 09 Demo

SOULCALIBUR IV Demo

Game Videos (free)

SOCOM Confrontation Extraction trailer
LittleBigPlanet Leipzig “Sackzilla” Trailer
Motorstorm Pacific Rift Leipzig Trailer
PAIN Trauma Mode Trailer
GT5 Prologue Play the Pros with Tanner Foust!
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Machine Gun & Bazooka Video
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway Squad Gameplay Video
Facebreaker Audition Video #1
Facebreaker Audition Video #2
Facebreaker Audition Video #3
Madden NFL 09 Gameplay Trailer
Madden NFL 09 Madden Moments Trailer
Madden NFL 09 Play Call Trailer
Top Spin 3 Player Creator Trailer
Movie and Blu-ray Trailers (free)

Quantum Of Solace Trailer
Prom Night Trailer
PS3 Wallpaper (free)

The Last Guy Wallpaper (x2)

PLAYSTATION Store for PC

PSP Themes (free)

Cake Mania: Baker’s Challenge theme
PSP Wallpaper (free)

PSP Wallpapers Series 1 wallpaper (x3)
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee 2 wallpaper (x2)
Cake Mania: Baker’s Challenge wallpaper (x3)
Hope you enjoy!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/08/29/playstation-store-video-content-update-5/

Here's this week's video updates:
This week we’ve added new video content from the following television series:
  • American Dad, Season 1
  • Ben 10: Alien Force, Season 1
  • Burn Notice, Season 1 & 2
  • Crime 360, Season 1
  • Futurama, Season 1 & 2
  • Galaxy Railways, Season 1
  • MADtv, Season 13
  • Rescue Me, Season 4
  • The First 48, Season 7
  • The Unit, Season 2