What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Actually according to this it won't be today.

The article continues next week, which would indicate that we'll have to wait until next thursday for the expansion.[/quote]

PJM: Encore for a birthday present would actually be pretty awesome.

I really wish Echochrome was a game you could play on the PS3 AND on the PSP and not have to buy TWO copies....that is just lame.

Nice update with Dark Sector though...if true.

[quote name='doubledown']I really wish Echochrome was a game you could play on the PS3 AND on the PSP and not have to buy TWO copies....that is just lame.

Nice update with Dark Sector though...if true.[/quote]

You can probably play it via remote play though I think it would be tough at later levels.

[quote name='lbradeen']You can probably play it via remote play though I think it would be tough at later levels.[/QUOTE]

Is it enabled for REMOTE PLAY though? I thought only PS1 games and LAIR were remote playable. Stuff like Calling All Cars, PAIN and Bowling are not...correct?

[quote name='doubledown']Is it enabled for REMOTE PLAY though? I thought only PS1 games and LAIR were remote playable. Stuff like Calling All Cars, PAIN and Bowling are not...correct?[/quote]
Like most every feature, it depends on the game. PJM supports remote play along with the poker game, too, I think. Bionic Commando Rearmed will also support the feature, too.

[quote name='doubledown']I really wish Echochrome was a game you could play on the PS3 AND on the PSP and not have to buy TWO copies....that is just lame.

Nice update with Dark Sector though...if true.[/QUOTE]

The only defense I'll give Sony on this front is that there is no overlap whatsoever between the PS3 and PSP versions of Echochrome - all the puzzles are unique to each version.

That, and the PS3 version is 1800 Yen in the JPN store (shit, probably $20 knowing how lousy the USD is at this point) by itself. I may buy the PSP version if I find that the PS3 version doesn't sate my thirst for quasi-intellectual feeling gaming.

Everything's up now.

Games
echochrome (PS3) - $9.99
echochrome (PSP) - 45 MB - $9.99

Demos
Dark Sector - 483 MB

Add-ons
Rock Band - "Red Tandy" by The Mother Hips - $1.99
Rock Band - "Time-Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear" by The Mother Hips - $1.99
Rock Band - "Zero" by Smashing Pumpkins
Karaoke Revolution - Even more songs - $1.49 each - Check the PS Store for the all of the additions

Videos
echochrome Trailer
Kung Fu Panda Trailer
NBA Ballers: Chosen One TV Spot
Battlefield: BC Redford's Blog
Dead Space Announcement Trailer
Dead Space Ship Date Trailer
Turok "Kane" Gameplay Trailer
Turok "Bring It" Trailer
Wyclef's "Fast Car" Videos (limited time only)

Wallpaper
echochrome (4)
Kung Fu Panda (3)

Echochrome music is great. I'm just sitting here with my guy thinking, so I can hear the music while I go online. I wish we could get this music as mp3's....can we?

[quote name='redgopher']Bought echochrome for PS3 -- 1080p minimalism + classical music = win

Dark Sector demo, however, is made of fail.[/quote]

It's funny they released the demo now, because I just rented the game, and played it no more than 30-45 minutes. It seemed like a rip off of Metal Gear Solid, and even had the over-the-shoulder view of RE 4 (which also seemed like a rip off). Had I played the demo first, it would have saved me the trouble of renting it.

Dark Sector has some nice graphics and runs quite smooth, but the 2 minutes I played felt like Gears of War lite. I dunno, I'd probably buy the game for $15 or less.

Didn't care for echochrome. I wanted Monsters Encore! :(

[quote name='Dezuria']Dark Sector has some nice graphics and runs quite smooth, but the 2 minutes I played felt like Gears of War lite. I dunno, I'd probably buy the game for $15 or less.

Didn't care for echochrome. I wanted Monsters Encore! :([/quote]

That's a great comparison, though I've never actually played Gears of War (though I will buy it for PC once it's under $20). I'm just going by the footage I've seen of it.

Also, about Monsters Encore? You're not the only one who wanted it! :(

I guess next week the European store will get 2 updates. Regular one on Thursday, but also one on Tuesday to coincide with Playstation Day.

Details in this link.

Among other things the Haze demo will come out Tuesday over there.

I'm presuming that (a) this will also be happening on the US store and that (b) this could be the huge thing we talked about earlier.

[quote name='dallow']Demos coming to the UK store next week:

Tuesday:
Haze
Condemned 2

Thursday:
Bourne Conspiracy
Race Driver: GRID[/quote]

I'm looking forward to Haze, and Bourne Conspiracy may be interesting as well. Let's see if Haze can come anywhere close to the hype it's been given.

I'll admit that GRID comes in real close to Haze in terms of wanting to play the demo.

I hope one's crap so I don't have to kill my wallet in May (of all months!). :bomb:

[quote name='NamPaehc']Hype? For Haze? Where?[/QUOTE]Exactly. The game gets nothing but hate around the net, because it's a PS3 exclusive. :roll:

Anyway, I really want to try GRID. DiRT really rocks.

Wow, I didn't know Grid was coming out so soon. I really haven't paid attention to it, but I'm sure its worth a look. Still have to try the dark sector demo just for kicks.

Is anyone else having problems with the PSN? It took me forever to sign in, and now the Playstation Store won't load any graphics, it just keeps timing out.

Ok this may sound like a dumb question, but in Dark Sector (demo) how the heck do you get pass the gate with the lock on it. I've shot at it, I've hit it with the glaive, I've grenaded it, etc...

What am I doing wrong here? ;)

damn does Sony ban your account for making a UK account if you are in the US? I want to d/l the Haze, Bourne and GRID demos but it looks like its only for the UK.

[quote name='gamer4432']Ok this may sound like a dumb question, but in Dark Sector (demo) how the heck do you get pass the gate with the lock on it. I've shot at it, I've hit it with the glaive, I've grenaded it, etc...

What am I doing wrong here? ;)[/quote]
Hold R2 till the target turns yellow and then release. It takes a few tries to get the timing down. This is a 'power' throw they explain right before.

[quote name='tenzor']damn does Sony ban your account for making a UK account if you are in the US? I want to d/l the Haze, Bourne and GRID demos but it looks like its only for the UK.[/quote]
lol no. Many, many people have multiple accounts for different regions. Sony has said before they don't care to region lock the PS Store content.

[quote name='tenzor']damn does Sony ban your account for making a UK account if you are in the US? I want to d/l the Haze, Bourne and GRID demos but it looks like its only for the UK.[/quote]

I've read of quite a few people on here that have US, UK, HK, and JP accounts and they don't seem to be upsetting Sony.

[quote name='Sarrasis']Hold R2 till the target turns yellow and then release. It takes a few tries to get the timing down. This is a 'power' throw they explain right before.[/quote]
Also, if you have a DS3, the controller vibrates when the timing is right for a power throw.

[quote name='mguiddy']I've read of quite a few people on here that have US, UK, HK, and JP accounts and they don't seem to be upsetting Sony.

[/QUOTE]

I guess I need to create a Hong Kong account .

Is a HK account much different from a JP account ?

I mean as far as the content in the HK store .

[quote name='Richlough']I guess I need to create a Hong Kong account .

Is a HK account much different from a JP account ?

I mean as far as the content in the HK store .[/quote]
Every now and then, they get exclusive demos.
And they're almost always in English. The whole store and signup process is in English, so it's much easier to navigate and set up.

[quote name='dallow']Every now and then, they get exclusive demos.
And they're almost always in English. The whole store and signup process is in English, so it's much easier to navigate and set up.[/QUOTE]

I'm all over it , thanks dallow .

[quote name='Sarrasis']Hold R2 till the target turns yellow and then release. It takes a few tries to get the timing down. This is a 'power' throw they explain right before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That did it.

After playing the demo, I have to say I was a bit turned off by the game. I initially had high hopes for it, but the demo (while fun) just didn't cut it for me. Mainly it was the boss fight at the end, the repetition was just too boring.

Street Sk8er? Seriously? Is it a European fav or something or is there a reason that they got that ancient game (with Tony Hawk and Skate changing the genre in the past ten years)?

Edit: They also got Haze, R6V2, and Dark Sector themes for those interested.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you haven't seen it on the Sony blog, the Haze demo will be in the US Store tomorrow, so if you still haven't made a UK PSN account, you're in luck.

Also, PixelJunk Monsters Encore will be out tomorrow, as well, for $5.99.[/quote]

That figures after I made a uk account... only 13 more days, and the game is out right?

[quote name='mykevermin']I was gonna mention the PJM date for the cat who keeps asking for it.

Now I hope there's a $10 bundle for the two or somethin'.[/quote]

Would be nice but I don't see it being $10, maybe $14.99 or something.

bread's done
Back