What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Nothing very interesting to me other than the graffiti theme but thanks again for the weekly update Mr. Tanuki haha.

[quote name='dallow']No frills update, but I need some of that RB DLC and PJM soundtrack.
Europe beats USA 3 weeks in a row, crazy.[/quote]
What have they gotten that's been better than what we got?

Anyone know if Tobal No. 1 is in the Japanese store? That was one of my favorite games back in the day. Even part 2 would be great!

[quote name='Razzuel']Anyone else buy echochrome. I picked it up earlier and so far it is awesome.[/quote]

I'm finding it kind of difficult, but I'm enjoying it. I dig the music, and it's nice that there's a level editor. Has anyone shared a level yet?

[quote name='orko60']I'm finding it kind of difficult, but I'm enjoying it. I dig the music, and it's nice that there's a level editor. Has anyone shared a level yet?[/quote]

I got to play some more echochrome and now I am in the D set of levels. It has been challenging so far but in a good way. When I finish the game I will try to make my own level and share it with you if you want...but don't expect it to be that good haha.

I love the music. It is amazing.

My only gripe is that there is an invisible time limit, however it has only ran out on two levels so far. There shouldn't even be a time limit but I can't complain that much since it barely affects me so far. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

The time limit's 5 minutes if you're playing an individual puzzle or 20 minutes for a group of puzzles. The group limit's the odd one since that only leaves you just over 3 minutes per level if you're not that good, but 5 minutes shouldn't be a problem unless you're just clueless as to how to beat a puzzle.

[quote name='Razzuel']Anyone else buy echochrome. I picked it up earlier and so far it is awesome.[/quote]

Got the PSP version because it looks like a good "stuck in a hotel room" game. Do the PSP and PS3 versions have different puzzles?

Yes, 112 puzzles were split amongst the two versions, so the PSP version has its own 56 puzzles and the PS3 version has its own 56 puzzles along with being able to download more levels.

Everything's up, I think. :whistle2:(

Add-ons
Rock Band - "The Cars" Album - $14.99 - Includes all nine songs below
Rock Band - "All Mixed up" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "Bye Bye Love" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "Don't Cha Stop" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "Good Times Roll" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "I'm in Touch with Your World" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "Just What I Needed" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "Moving in Stereo" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "My Best Friend's Girl" by The Cars - $1.99
Rock Band - "You're All I've Got Tonight" by The Cars - $1.99

Deals
Rock Band - "Dirty Little Secret" by All-American Rejects - $0.99 - Expires: 6/05/08
Rock Band - "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd - $0.99 - Expires: 6/05/08

Videos
Dead Space Animated Comic Issue #1
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Human Juicer Video
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Projectile Dysfunction
Battlefield: Bad Company DICE Dev Diary
Battlefield: Bad Company Sweetwater's Blog
Project Origin Teaser Trailer
Top Spin 3 Debut Trailer
No Country For Old Men Trailer
Enchanted Trailer

Wallpaper
Prince of Persia Wallpaper - Arabesque
Prince of Persia Wallpaper - New Prince

Rock Band Store.

There's a demo of Fatal Inertia EX on the JPN store if anyone cares.

I thought not.

Oh well, let us all bask in the FW2.4 news.
All hail in-game XMB (and more!)

From a dev:
Yea its pretty awesome what they are doing with this firmware update. A lot of you will be happy with it for a while.

[quote name='dallow']Rock Band Store.

There's a demo of Fatal Inertia EX on the JPN store if anyone cares.

I thought not.

Oh well, let us all bask in the FW2.4 news.
All hail in-game XMB (and more!)[/quote]

From a dev:
Yea its pretty awesome what they are doing with this firmware update. A lot of you will be happy with it for a while.
Que? :hot:

The ability to bring up the XMB at any time, see your friends list at any time, message your friends at any time, and custom soundtracks should have been here since day one.

With that said I am still extremely excited that they are finally putting it in. Should be a great update.

well, it's nice to know that the next firmware will have in game XMB, in game messaging, and custom soundtrack. also there's a chance of trophy support launching.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, it's nice to know that the next firmware will have in game XMB, in game messaging, and custom soundtrack. also there's a chance of trophy support launching.[/quote]

I think you have custom soundtrack and trophy support switched. Microsoft has a patent on custom soundtracks. So I doubt Custom Soundtracks will happen.

http://kotaku.com/5013276/

Interesting news from Kotaku, Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 will be coming out tomorrow, as well, which means that it won't be on XBLA until at least next week? Seems like a strange release date for Capcom, but I guess we'll see if it's true tomorrow.

Edit: No wait, it's confirmed.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']What the hell are you talking about? The OP has the 5/29 update. It's weekly because that's when updates happen.[/QUOTE]

It's hard for me to tell how much of it is updated , when the original date is 4/22 .

I expected to be like the 360 monthly thread , I guess that's what I get for comparing them .

I'm sure you're doing a swell job of keeping it up , it's just that it seems like it should be monthly .;)

The God Of War Guitar Hero 3 track is up .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I still don't see any advantage in creating new threads every month.[/QUOTE]

It keeps the post count down making it easier to look through .
I like to see what people say about the content when it comes out .

You most likely never have to go back though it , because you are the one who updates it .

If I read an old review , from say 3 months ago , and suddenly become curious about a game it's alot easier to find the discussion of said game demo in the appropriate month's thread .

[quote name='Richlough']It keeps the post count down making it easier to look through .
I like to see what people say about the content when it comes out .

You most likely never have to go back though it , because you are the one who updates it .

If I read an old review , from say 3 months ago , and suddenly become curious about a game it's alot easier to find the discussion of said game demo in the appropriate month's thread .[/quote]
Here's the thing. I've looked at those threads and there's not much going on in terms of discussion about specific things, at least not compared to what's in the official thread. I would suggest that be the first place to look over the weekly update thread.

I think I do have a compromise for you, archive links that link to the posting of the update on the backend of the thread for people to check out the discussion of that week's update. I could also add links to official thread for demos, as well, so people can find the thread from here if they want more in-depth discussion on the demo/game.

Speaking of "continued discussion", is anyone planning on buying Qore? I'm still on the fence about the whole concept, and may buy an issue down the road that has something I'm more specifically interested in (like RE 5 information and or a demo).

bread's done
Back