What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

Deals
Gravity Crash - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Zen Pinball - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Critter Crunch - $3.49 - Expires: 1/27
Braid - $7.49 - Expires: 1/27
Burn Zombie Burn - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Tank Battles - $3.49 - Expires: 1/27
Uno - $3.99 - Expires: 1/27
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign - PSP - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Crystal Defenders - PSP - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Creature Defense - PSP - $3.99 - Expires: 1/27
Kurulin Fusion - PSP - $2.49 - Expires: 1/27
Thexder Neo - PSP - $4.99 - Expires: 1/27
Metal Gear Solid PSP Bundle - $29.99 - 2.01 GB - Includes Portable Ops, PO Plus, and the Digital Graphic Novel

Pulse
Pulse - 1/21 Edition - Free

Games
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - $14.99

PS1 Classics
Championship Bass - $5.99 - 151 MB

Add-ons
Singstar Viewer - Free - Singstar not required
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast - Warriors of Justice - Free
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - Stone Cold Steve Austin - $0.99
Guitar Hero 5 - New Blues Masters Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Broken Man" by Scott McKeon - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Lonesome Road Blues" by Joe Bonamassa - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Who I Am" by Tyler Bryant - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Metal Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" by Dethklok - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Still I Rise" by Shadows Fall - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Twilight of the Thunder God" by Amon Amarth - $1.99
Rock Band - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Live Anthology Pack 2 - $9.99 - Includes the six songs below
Rock Band - "A Woman in Love (It's Not Me) (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "Breakdown (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "Century City (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "Jammin' Me (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "Nightwatchman (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "The Waiting (Live)" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - $1.99
Rock Band - "1901" by Phoenix - $1.99
Rock Band - "Lisztomania" by Phoenix - $1.99
Rock Band - "Blue Jeans" by Silvertide - $1.99

Videos
Dante's Inferno Developer Diary Fraud
Dante's Inferno Developer Diary Violence
Army of Two: The 40th Day Demo Trailer
Fairytale Fights Trailer
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Happy Holiday Trailer
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Adrenaline Trailer
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Gameplay Trailer 2
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Gameplay Trailer 3
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Gameplay Trailer 4
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Gameplay Trailer 5
Hasbro Family Game Night Trailer
Darksiders Launch Trailer
Darksiders Mayhem Trailer
Darksiders Heads Will Roll Trailer
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands Announcement Trailer
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce Trailer
Medal of Honor Announce Trailer

Premium Themes
Banana Girl Hook-Ups - $1.99
Banana Girl Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Devil Vixen Hook-Ups - $1.99
Devil Vixen Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
School Girl Hook-Ups - $1.99
School Girl Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Liquid Metal 2 - $1.49
Liquid Metal 2 PSP - $1.49
Dita Von Teese PSP 3 - $1.49
Dita Von Teese PSP 4 - $1.49

PSP Games
DJ Max Fever - $19.99 - 1.38 GB
Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance - $29.99 - 696 MB

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']It's about time. I've been waiting on this for a good while.[/QUOTE]
It's been in the UK store for weeks.

Amazing price on Braid. Almost wish I hadn't bought it when it first came out. I may actually have to buy Uno at $4 though. It's just so damn addicting.

I missed the boat somewhere. What are the "minis" games that I'm seeing on the store? A few of them look decent, but I have no clue what they are.

I'm getting a few of those.

I recommend the Singstar viewer to everyone, it's great to just browse people's videos.
You may see a few CAGs. :)

[quote name='dallow']I'm getting a few of those.

I recommend the Singstar viewer to everyone, it's great to just browse people's videos.
You may see a few CAGs. :)[/QUOTE]

^this. I was just doing this and its really pretty entertaining. I could make a night just out of watching goofballs sing.

I'm in for Braid, Gravity Crash, and Zen Pinball. Already had Critter Crunch and Burn Zombie Burn.

Someone please post whether Vandal Hearts still has the fountains of blood. Otherwise, no buy. :nottalking:

Actually I'd just settle for the PS1 original, too. That's one of those games I really enjoyed but never picked up.

[quote name='metaly']Someone please post whether Vandal Hearts still has the fountains of blood. Otherwise, no buy. :nottalking:

Actually I'd just settle for the PS1 original, too. That's one of those games I really enjoyed but never picked up.[/QUOTE]

I looked up some vids on youtube and it looks like blood squirts up but not as big and bad as the original.. the artistic direction in the game is terrible and it just seems like its not Vandal Hearts people remember.

Thanks as always Frisky for posting the list!

Does anyone here with a decent grasp on the language check the Japanese store on a weekly basis? I guess I'm just interested if there is ever any good free content or exclusive demos that get posted. Possibly someone could post something here or direct me to another thread/site that posts weekly updates from that store. thanks!

The Singstar Viewer is the best thing this week. Just browsing I saw a guy in a ghostbusters outfit singing horribly doing many hand thrusts, a bunch of people dressing up in halloween masks and a duet between Freddy VS Jason. This is the new content that I actually would have paid to use rather then a price drop on uno or Vandal Hearts.

There really are only 10 games in the "10 for '10" section. The others are listed under the "Special Offers" section. Don't mess w/Sony PSN's marketing team, lol.

I ended up getting Tank Battles and Uno.

Thexder Neo got poor reviews overall. :(

[quote name='gunm']I'm just grateful they have this sale--they can add 20 games and call it mud for all I care. ;)[/QUOTE]

hahahaha i couldnt agree more

yeah, I can easily say that I'm glad for the sale. I was going to get Critter Crunch at some point but was in no hurry but with this sale I got it with no second thoughts.

Frisky, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. It is THE authority on the PSN throughout the entire netz.

What are all the Shmups that can be found on the ps3?

[quote name='Paco']The Singstar Viewer is the best thing this week. Just browsing I saw a guy in a ghostbusters outfit singing horribly doing many hand thrusts, a bunch of people dressing up in halloween masks and a duet between Freddy VS Jason. [/QUOTE]

I have to agree, lol but I didn't find the stuff you mentioned here.. I didnt see the Ghostbusters guy or the Freddy VS Jason, but there was a dancing Stormtrooper and another really old guy trying to sing "500 Miles" extremely bad, which was hilarious.
Also how do you get the whole song to play? When I view them, they only last like 20-30 seconds.

[quote name='jughead']Frisky, I just wanted to say thanks for this thread. It is THE authority on the PSN throughout the entire netz.

What are all the Shmups that can be found on the ps3?[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to re-emphasize my last post and see if anyone has any information. Also; anyone play Battle Fantasia yet? Whaddya think?

I have the import version of Battle Fantasia. It's an average fighter. But for $20 you might have to consider it. It plays like a SFII game with updated graphics (2.5D, not mindblowing) and a system that incorporates this "Heat" (I forget the name) mode, where moves become EX moves and you're overall powerful for a limited time. The cast isnt very large, but they cover your basic fireball, twitch, charge, etc. characters. As a fighting game fan, I would get it in a heartbeat. But as a CAG, I would have to wait for a sale (just so many games out). However if it is gameshared, I'd say go for it, if everyone in the group is down to put down $4.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the online play.

[quote name='option.iv'] However if it is gameshared, I'd say go for it, if everyone in the group is down to put down $4.[/QUOTE]

Someone convince me to do a gameshare. lol. I've never done one. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks as always Frisky for posting the list!

Does anyone here with a decent grasp on the language check the Japanese store on a weekly basis? I guess I'm just interested if there is ever any good free content or exclusive demos that get posted. Possibly someone could post something here or direct me to another thread/site that posts weekly updates from that store. thanks![/QUOTE]

The Afrika theme was available for free at one point (and may still be). It is one of the best dynamic themes to date. Also, they recently had a demo for End of Eternity which was pretty excellent. You can browse pretty well blind, since the free items have the obvious filled in oval where the prices are.

If you have a little bit of time you could look up Katakana, because it is the alphabet used to import foreign words and thus once you get the sounds down you can figure out some of the words. An example being that America in Japanese is simply Amerika spelled out in Katakana, since Katakana has symbols for A - Me - Ri -Ka.

I tend to post in here if good stuff or free stuff is posted in the JPN store. I don't catalogue it the way Frisky does, though.

And I'll always lament the JPN's vast array of PSOne Classics and PC Engine titles in the Game Archives section. Though the US is getting better for sure.

Deals
Bloons - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Brain Pipe - $2.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Hustle Kings - $9.99
Thexder Neo - $9.99
Assault Heroes - $9.99

PS1 Classics
Extreme Pinball - $5.99 - 24 MB
Hi-Octane: The Track Fights Back - $5.99 - 35 MB

Demos
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Thexder Neo
Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games

Add-ons
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PlayStation Heroes Pack - $4.99
LittleBigPlanet - GroundHog Day Costume - Free
Assassin's Creed II - Sequence 12: Battle of Forli - $3.99
PAIN - Hilde Gunnagrope Character - $0.99
Guitar Hero 5 - Creedence Clearwater Revival Track Pack - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Guitar Hero 5 - "Travelin' Band" by Creedence Clearwater Revival - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Proud Mary" by Creedence Clearwater Revival - $1.99
Guitar Hero 5 - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival - $1.99
Rock Band - "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine - $1.99
Rock Band - "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Killed by Death '08" by Motorhead - $1.99
Rock Band - "Levitate" by I Mother Earth - $1.99
Rock Band - "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind - $1.99
Rock Band - "Transmaniacon MC" by Blue Oyster Cult - $1.99
Rock Band - "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult - $1.99

Videos
White Knight Chronicles IE Character Customization Video
White Knight Chronicles IE The Online Experience
MAG: How To - Acquisition Mode
MAG: How To - Domination Mode
MAG: How To - Sabotage Mode
MAG: How To - Suppression Mode
Hustle Kings Launch Trailer
Smash Cars Trailer 2
Madden NFL Arcade Accolades Trailer
Madden NFL Arcade Launch Trailer

Premium Themes
Devil Girl Hook-Ups - $1.99
Devil Girl Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99
Nurse Girl Mika Hook-Ups - $1.99
Nurse Girl Mika Hook-Ups PSP - $1.99

PSP Minis
Dracula: Undead Awakening - $4.99 - 13 MB
Pinball Dreams - $6.99 - 4.45 MB
Route 66 - $3.99 - 41 MB
Deflector - $3.99 - 5.66 MB

PSP Add-ons
LittleBigPlanet - Gardens Theme Level Pack - $2.99
LittleBigPlanet - Gardens Costumes - Free
LittleBigPlanet - The Sack That Time Forgot Level Pack - $2.99
LittleBigPlanet - Content Update v2.02 - Free

I'll wait for a nice half off sale on Hustle Kings. Or maybe they will give it away when you buy Qore. I noticed they stopped that for a long while, though.

I will get ACII DLC, but I think I still have a ways to go before I finish it. >_

^ yeah Fahrenheit was pretty awesome.

Why are they releasing crap PS one games? Where's my precious vagrant story...

[quote name='Count']^ yeah Fahrenheit was pretty awesome.

Why are they releasing crap PS one games? Where's my precious vagrant story...[/QUOTE]

Exactly! I've got my $5.99 ready for Vagrant Story! ;)

[quote name='Count']
Why are they releasing crap PS one games? Where's my precious vagrant story...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im holding out on the real Vandal Hearts and the second Tomba!.

bread's done
Back