What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

About time Mega Man 4 was coming. That and Plants vs. Zombies are day 1 purchases for me.

I think the only way I'll get Altered Beast is if it has multiplayer so I could get help to pass Level 3.

Are the HD versions of RE4 and Code Veronica going to have any extra levels or special features of any kind? I'll probably get Resident Evil 4 anyway as I wasn't impressed by the graphics on the PS2 port.

[quote name='Cage017']Are the HD versions of RE4 and Code Veronica going to have any extra levels or special features of any kind? I'll probably get Resident Evil 4 anyway as I wasn't impressed by the graphics on the PS2 port.[/QUOTE]

RE4 HD has all the extras that have appeared to date (Ada missions, costumes, etc.). I don't think there's been an official announcement on Move support a la the Wii version, but I'd love to see it.

Actually I might skip it if it ends up not having Move controls. I love RE4 but going back to a controller after playing the Wii version seems barbaric.

Was Code Veronica any good? I remember when this came out for the Dreamcast and I wanted it but then they ported it later on to the PS2 and I never got around to playing it.

Goddamn my PS Plus membership is yielding some gold.

CV is awesome if you like old-style RE games. Of the "tank control" installments, it ranks very highly. Maybe behind the GC remake of the original but for $10, I'd definitely give it a shot.

Saw this yesterday afternoon on Zite and was so freaking hyped. After months of lame lame lame PS+ offerings they are finally tossing us not just a bone but a bone with some REAL meat on it. I own PvZ on like 4 platforms already but I love it so much ill end up playing the PSN version too ;) Astro Pop I played a demo awhile back and it seems like a really cool little offering! RE4 on sale is just a cherry on top of an awsome sunday!

Is the $10 for RE4 "on sale" meaning its $10 for PS+ members or are they having a first week sale at $10 and it means that is the on sale for non PS+ people and its actually a little cheaper for PS+ people?

Yeah, that was wierd O_O. I thought i was having an account issue or something lol, just called Sony the other day and got my 5 slots reset.

Either way, DL'ed all the new awesome free PSN+ games, guess ill grab Bloodrayne and Renegade Ops tommorow, Disgaea 4 shall consume my night.

Deals
Back to the Future: The Game - Episode 1: It's About Time - Free - Permanent Price Drop
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Blue Toad Murder Files: Episode 1 - Free - Permanent Price Drop
Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter - PSP/PS3 - $1.99 - Temporary Sale
Gladiator Begins - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Resistance: Retribution - PSP - $15.99 - Temporary Sale
Wakeboarding HD - $4.99 - Temporary Sale
Worms 2: Armageddon - $7.49 - Temporary Sale

Pulse
Pulse - 9/6 Edition - Free

Qore
Qore Episode 40 - September 2011 - $2.99 Single Issue, $24.99 Annual Sub

Games
Bloodrayne Betrayal - $14.99
Rugby World Cup 2011 - $49.99
Skydrift - $14.99

PS1 Imports
Mega Man 4 - $5.99 - 392 MB

Minis
Alpha Mission - $2.99 - 6.1 MB
Doodle Fit - $1.99 - 12.2 MB
The Impossible Game - $2.99 - 10 MB
T.N.K. III - $2.99 - 5.4 MB
Vanguard II - $2.99 - 2.3 MB

Demos
Bloodrayne Betrayal
God of War: Origins
Rugby World Cup 2011
Skydrift
Supremacy MMA

Add-ons
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Add-On Bundle - $29.99
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - Mobile Suit Pack 4 - $5.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - World Peace Day Costume - Free
Red Dead Redemption - Myths And Mavericks Bonus Pack - Free
Resistance 3 - Online Pass - $9.99
Rock Band 3 - Cheap Trick Pack 1 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - “Dream Police” by Cheap Trick - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “I Want You To Want Me (Live)” by Cheap Trick - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Surrender (Live)” by Cheap Trick - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Unbelievable” by Cheap Trick - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Eden” by TesseracT - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Expert Mode” by LeetStreet Boys - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Midnight Eyes (RB3 Version)” by Rose of Jericho - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “Morte Et Dabo” by Asking Alexandria - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Piano Sonata No. 11 - Ronda Alla Turca (Mozart)” by Thomas Walker - $0.99
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition - Character Color Pack 1 - $2.99
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Blood Raven’s Armour Pack - $0.99

Videos
inFAMOUS 2 Festival of Blood Teaser Trailer
UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack Trailer
PlayStation 3 Wireless Stereo Headset Video
Rage – Uprising Trailer
Skydrift Debut Trailer
Need For Speed The Run: Buried Alive
Need For Speed The Run: Limited Edition Trailer
Need For Speed The Run: Run For The Hills Trailer
NHL 12 – Ea Sports NHL 12 Demo Video
NHL 12 – Ea Sports NHL 12 Trailer
The Baconing – Opening Cinematic Trailer
The Baconing Character Trailer
L.A. Noire – Reefer Madness Trailer
L.A.Noire – Launch Trailer
Anarchy Reigns Gamemode Trailer #1
Sonic Generations Gamescom/Pax Trailer

Themes
Bane Of Yoto - $2.99 - Dynamic
Campfire - $2.99 - Dynamic
Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Lycan - $1.99
Castlevania Lords Of Shadow Vampire - $1.99
Lion - $2.99 - Dynamic

Rocket Knight (10) - $0.49 each

------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
Alpha Mission - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Armageddon Riders - $5.99 - Expires 9/20
The Impossible Game - PSP/PS3 - $2.24
T.N.K. III - PSP/PS3 - $2.39
Vanguard II - PSP/PS3 - $2.39

Qore
Qore Episode 40 - September 2011

Games
Altered Beast
Astro Tripper
Bashi Blocks - PSP/PS3
Jet Moto - PSP/PS3
Plants vs. Zombies

Themes
Clouds - Dynamic

Armageddon Rider (3)

Man I cant believe they are charging $20 for RE4. I love that game and think its one of the best games ever made...but $20 seems just a bit pricey. $15 would have been ideal. Ah well between my undying love for that game and the PS+ discount I will most likely bite.

Kind of funny that it and PvZ are going up this month. I think they compete for game I have bought the most times. I own the GC limited edition and regular edition, the PS2 limited edition and now I will own the PS3 remake. With PvZ I own the Steam version, the Ipad version, now the PSN version....and ultimatly I plan on buying the DS version and the PC version that came with the fake lawn.

Maybe I'm just retarded, but I can't seem to find the Red Dead Redemption add-on. I looked in the new releases and I looked under, View All- Red Dead Redemption... nothing.

[quote name='Warner1281']Maybe I'm just retarded, but I can't seem to find the Red Dead Redemption add-on. I looked in the new releases and I looked under, View All- Red Dead Redemption... nothing.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to look in New Releases -> Add-ons.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They're in the Games on Demand line on XBL, which is $20 and up, so $20 is the cheapest that they could be.[/QUOTE]

Man MS has had nothing but a negative influence on the industry.....

[quote name='MSI Magus']Man MS has had nothing but a negative influence on the industry.....[/QUOTE]

I know! I almost did a "spit-take" when I originally read that.
More disappointing to know that Games on Demand will never be under $20. So much for holding out hope that they would eventually be priced what they are worth.

[quote name='Warner1281']Maybe I'm just retarded, but I can't seem to find the Red Dead Redemption add-on. I looked in the new releases and I looked under, View All- Red Dead Redemption... nothing.[/QUOTE]

i downloaded it and its still on my list, but icant find it on the store

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']50/50

It took a year for the God of War HD games to show up, but the Sly Collection hasn't appeared yet. So it may happen and it may not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it seems like games are getting on psn quicker now since it only has a year or two left.

All speculation of course.

Forgive me if this was stated earlier, but the RE4 that's going on sale later this month: Is that a straight port of the previous releases or will it be the new HD remaster I've heard about in regards to their 15th anniversary? I can assume that because in the PS blog post they specifically state HD behind Code Veronica that that will be the HD remaster as well, right?

If this is so then it may be worth a purchase.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/11/the-drop-week-of-september-12th-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

God of War: Origins (Also on PSN) – This double-pack of carnage contains both origin chapters in the God of War franchise — God of War: Chains of Olympus & God of War: Ghost of Sparta. Both games are remade with high-definition graphics displayable on 3D HDTVs.

BulletstormBulletstorm brings new furor to first-person shooter action thanks to its signature ‘kill with skill’ gameplay. The game tells the story of a futuristic confederation protected by an elite band of mercenaries: Dead Echo. When Dead Echo members Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato learn they’ve been working for the wrong side, they’re betrayed by their commander and exiled to the far reaches of the galaxy. In Bulletstorm, Grayson and Ishi find themselves surrounded by hordes of mutants and flesh eating gangs in an abandoned paradise. They have two objectives: get off the planet alive, and exact revenge on the man who sent them there.

Players step into the role of Grayson Hunt complete with an arsenal of over-the-top combat moves and outrageously large guns. Bulletstorm’s array of distinct ‘skillshots’ produces unprecedented levels of frantic gameplay and yell-inducing satisfaction. The skillshot system rewards players for inciting mayhem in the most creative way possible. The more insane the skillshot, the more points players collects to upgrade their character and unlock weapons, which then allows them to execute even more creative moves and exaggerated skillshots.

Ferrari: The Race ExperienceThe official Ferrari licensed videogame experience, Ferrari: The Race Experience features the world’s most desired sports cars, including the Ferrari 458 Italia and Ferrari 599XX. Choose from an impressive stable of 34 Ferrari motors and race across 17 racetracks, including the street circuit Riviera and the ultra cool Fiorano test track. Players get their choice of GT Road Cars, GT Race Cars or Classic Cars. An all-new Assisted mode allows gamers of all skill levels to enjoy a Ferrari.

Elemental Monster: Online Card Game — Emerald Monster is a battle game where you the player make use of cards to summon beasts. Create your own deck of cards, then select three cards and place them on the battle field. You then select a monster to summon from one of these three cards. Each monster can be made to perform one of two attacks, or if you feel a slight imbalance against your opponent, you can recall your creature and send out another in its place. This PS3 entry in the franchise features over 10 hours of play in Single Player mode and online battles (with a pay-per-play system) for networked multiplayer bouts.

Renegade Ops (Demo Available) — Renegade Ops puts players in a mobile commando unit sent behind enemy lines to defeat Inferno, a madman intent on global domination. Defeat enemies across a range of stunning environments using a wide variety of vehicles, from dispersing electromagnetic shock waves to the deployment of a huge Gatling gun armed to the teeth.

Demos

Fifa Soccer 12
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Ace Combat Assault Horizon

minis

Arcade Essentials: Evolutions Minis

PSone Japan Imports

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness — Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness is a fighting game produced by Capcom in 1994 where the pilots of mecha battle each other. The game is a sequel to the scrolling fighter Armored Warriors. The game only had minimal distribution in arcades outside Japan, and none of the console ports were released overseas. Tech Romancer (ported to the Sega Dreamcast) is considered a spiritual sequel for this game; Jin and his BX-02 Blodia are present in it as an unlockable bonus character/mech.

PSone Classic

Pong — Pong on the PlayStation takes that original idea, adds a super clean and smooth 3D and physics engine, and hammers out dozens of new ideas only a 3D game could possibly do.

Deals
Alien Zombie Death - PSP/PS3 - $0.99 - Permanent Price Drop
CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hamsterball - $4.99
Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings Legacy - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona - PSP - $19.99, original price $39.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - PSP - $19.99, original price $39.99)
Star Wars: Battlefront II - PSP - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: Battlefront: Elite Squadron - PSP - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron - PSP - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - PSP - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - PSP - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Apprentice Mission Pack - $4.99 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 1 - $2.49 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 2 - $2.49 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Hoth Mission - $4.99 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Tatooine Mission Pack - $4.99 - Expires 9/20
Superstars V8 Racing - $7.49 - Ends 9/27
Thrillville: Off The Rails - PSP - $9.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Voodoo Dice - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Games
Bulletstorm - $39.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - $0.99
Ferrari: The Race Experience - $14.99
From Dust - $14.99
God of War: Origins - $39.99
Renegade Ops - $14.99

Demos
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
FIFA Soccer 12
From Dust
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Red Johnson's Chronicles
Renegade Ops

PS1 Classics
Pong - $5.99 - 43 MB

PS1 Imports
Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness - $5.99 - 322 MB

Minis
Arcade Essentials: Evolutions - $4.99 - 28 MB

Add-ons
Dynasty Warriors 7 - BGM Pack - $2.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Original Costume Pack 4 - $4.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Stage Pack 3 - $3.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 - Weapon Rank Pack 2 - $1.99
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 - Mobile Suit Pack 5 - $5.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Ancient War - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Birth of Deities - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Emporer's Revenge - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box The Legend Begins - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Legendary Dragons - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Otherworldly Visitors - $4.99
Elemental Monster: Online Card Game - Booster Box Sacred War - $4.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Move Pack - $9.99
Magic The Gathering: Duels Of The Planeswalkers 2012 - Expansion - $4.99
Might And Magic Clash of Heroes - I Am The Boss DLC - $2.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Premiere Pack Bundle - $1.49
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise - Bundle 2 - $1.49
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise - Characters Viewer - $0.99
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise - Cross Saver Katana - $0.99
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise - Motorbike 2 - $0.99
Red Dead Redemption - Myths And Mavericks Bonus Pack - Free
Rock Band 3 - Weezer Pack 4 - $5.49 - Includes the three songs below
Rock Band 3 - “Island In The Sun” by Weezer - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Perfect Situation” by Weezer - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Hash Pipe” by Weezer - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Me And Bobby Mcgee” by Janis Joplin & the Full Tilt Boogie Band - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Arctica” by Amberian Dawn - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Empire” by Jukebox the Ghost - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Fallen Into You” by Kings Queens & Fairytales - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “The Stars” by Jukebox the Ghost - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Audience And Audio” by Twin Atlantic - $0.99
Section 8: Prejudice - Frontier Colonies Map Pack - $3.99
White Knight Chronicles 2 - Various Add-ons (26) - $0.99 – $4.99 each

Videos
Battlefield 3 Operation Caspian Border Gameplay Trailer
Fifa Soccer 12 – Gamescom Trailer
The Baconing Launch Trailer
Elemental Monster Online Card Game Trailer
Elemental Monster Online Card Game Trailer 2
L.A. Noire – Nicholson Electroplating Trailer
L.A.Noire – Gameplay Trailer 3
L.A.Noire – Rockstar Pass Trailer
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Launch Trailer
UFC Undisputed 2012: Combat Trailer
Everybody Dance Features Trailer

Premium Videos
God of War: Directors Live Part 1 & 2 - $5.99

Premium Themes
Atomic Age: Monkey - $2.99 - Dynamic
Atomic Age: Robot - $2.99 - Dynamic
Atomic Age: Martini Man - $2.99 - Dynamic
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Call Of The Dead - $1.99
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Shangri La - $1.99
City Angel - $1.99
My Pet Zombie - $2.99 - Dynamic
NHL (30) - $2.99 each - Dynamic
Nuke Test - $2.99 - Dynamic

Rocket Knight Bundle 1 - $2.99
Section 8: Prejudice Bundle - $1.49
Section 8: Prejudice (5) - $0.49 each

PSP Games
Fading Shadows - $9.99 - 301 MB
----------------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Deals
From Dust - $11.99
Hamsterball - $3.99
Superstars V8 Racing - $2.25
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Premiere Pack Bundle - $1.04
Section 8: Prejudice - Frontier Colonies Map Pack - $2.00
Star Wars: Battlefront II - PSP - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron - PSP - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - PSP - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes - PSP - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Apprentice Mission Pack - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 1 - $1.25 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Character Pack 2 - $1.25 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Hoth Mission - $2.50 - Expires 9/20
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Tatooine Mission Pack - $2.50 - Expires 9/20

Games
BulletStorm - Full Game Trial
God of War: Chains of Olympus - Full Game Trial
God of War: Chains of Olympus - $19.99
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - Full Game Trial
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $19.99
Jellypops - PSP/PS3

Armageddon Rider (2)

Premium Videos
God of War: Game Directors Live

Can anyone explain what Elemental Monster is and why is it only $1 with a bunch of expansions? Do you get anything for the $1 and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, they would be labeled as such if they were.[/QUOTE]

Cool beans, thanks.

[quote name='madbst']Can anyone explain what Elemental Monster is and why is it only $1 with a bunch of expansions? Do you get anything for the $1 and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

It's an online card game and it only costs a dollar so as to pull you in. It's free to play in single player, online tournament and local matches. Regular online matches, however, cost tickets. You get 10 free tickets with your initial purchase and will have to buy more thereafter. If you don't plan on playing other people, outside of tournies and your friends, then tickets aren't important and are otherwise not required.

The DLC will randomly give you 24 out of 30 cards from each of the in-game expansions, but you can earn the cards in single player if you don't want to buy them.

[quote name='madbst']Can anyone explain what Elemental Monster is and why is it only $1 with a bunch of expansions? Do you get anything for the $1 and is it worth it? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]
Not sure if it's the same for the NA version, but this is why the Japanese version was this cheap:
Next week, Hudson will release an online card game titled Elemental Monster Online Card Game. It’s a PlayStation Network download and it’s just 100 yen ($1.20).
Hudson estimates it will take players over ten hours to complete the 50 stages in single player mode, but card games are dull without a friend to challenge. Elemental Monster Online Card Game supports online play too.

Here’s where the game can get pricey. Each time you want to challenge someone over the Internet you need to buy versus tickets. A pack of four tickets costs 100 yen. Hudson also plans on selling booster boxes with more cards for 500 yen a piece ($6).

Cards in Elemental Monster Online are borrowed from other games like Dimension 0, Monster Collection, and Lord of Vermillion II from Square Enix. Actually, card art from Lord of Vermillion II was the source of art for Lord of Arcana so you’re going to see this succubus in all three games.

While Elemental Monster Online Card Game has not been announced for North America, the ESRB and Germany’s USK rated it. Chances are pretty good Hudson already localized it, but will they keep the same pricing system for the West?
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/1...me-is-the-cheapestmost-expensive-game-on-psn/

Anyone find any reviews for Renegade Ops yet? I really want to get it based on previews and the fact that the devs made Just Cause 2, whcih was awesome. But something is holding me back still.

[quote name='Backlash']Does anyone know anything about the Clash of Heroes DLC?[/QUOTE]
I believe it lets you play with bosses in MP. There's also an update that has been released that rebalances the MP.
[quote name='wrencrest']Anyone find any reviews for Renegade Ops yet? I really want to get it based on previews and the fact that the devs made Just Cause 2, whcih was awesome. But something is holding me back still.[/QUOTE]
I've played through two missions and it's a lot of fun so far. It's sort of like if Jackal or Assault Heroes were more like an open world game with very large levels that you're running around in to collect the objectives you're given during each level. There's a leveling mechanic where you gain points to upgrade your character's abilities between levels. If you liked Just Cause 2, this definitely has that same kind of sensibility to its gameplay and design, so try out the demo to see for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back