What's in the PS Store (5/31/16): Neon Chrome, Oxenfree, Primal, There Came an Echo, Plague Inc, & More!

[quote name='uncle5555']
Now off to get Infamous Festival of Blood I paid for a few weeks ago. :D[/QUOTE]

I'd love to hear back from you on that. Specifically about the amount of content and how the user generated stuff works both from a creation and consumption standpoint.

Thanks.:D

Played a few hours of Infamous: FoB and am very impressed. For $8-$10, you can't go wrong. Love the vampire stuff.

So far, the game makes you play some of the Sucker Punch created UGC, and you don't earn the ability to create your own until you finish 5 UGC missions (I think). I might be wrong about what you need to unlock the UGC creation tools, but it definitely needs to be unlocked.

Does anyone know if Battlefield 3 will be available to download on the US PS Store on Tuesday? I know Europe is supposed to get it on Friday but I haven't heard anything for the US. It would be kind of odd if they got it and we didn't.

We probably won't be getting it for a while on the US PSN. This has happened with a few games already such as Dead Space 2 and FIFA 2012.

For anyone wondering, the move controls in Festival of Blood are good. It took me maybe 30 minutes to adjust to them, but after that I had an easier time using them than I did with the dualshock controls in Infamous 1 and 2. The game is short, shouldn't take more than 5 hours if you want all of the trophies, or 3-4 if you just want to finish the game. I think the game could've been better than what they came up with, but I'm not disappointed considering it was only $10. Don't go into it thinking it'll be longer, as there's no way they were going to make it a 10+ hour game at $10.

Apologies, but I'm a bit behind most of you.

[quote name='uncle5555']Okabu - Art direction is awesome and quirky looking, but after the second take the guy to the cannon to open the door piece, I was like fuck this game and deleted it (this is based on not knowing what it was about to begin with). To say the least we weren't off to a good start.[/QUOTE]

I lasted longer than you did, but the controls? Ugh. Some good ideas with lots of horrible all around it. Also, not being able to cancel lots of the speech balloons/directions was irritating. I got the point, thanks. Let me play. They really want $10 for this? I don't think I'd bother if it were a Plus freebie.

[quote name='uncle5555']Beat Hazard Ultra - Sorry Frisky, this game was not THE shit, it was just shit. There are much better twin stick shooters out there to be had and with all of the it "plays your music" hype[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. I love twin stick shooters. I love music-related games. I don't get this. I didn't have any music on my PS3, so it used its own track. You'd think that would be good. It was average, and I didn't really see how the music influenced the game beyond some cosmetics. Light gfx are nice, but the ships and asteroids...yuck. Some unexplained/unseen deaths.

Can someone explain the appeal? I either hear this is awesome sauce or it sucks, and it just seems very...there to me.

Also tried Eufloria today. Oh hey...I remember this from before it had a name and was a PC download or website (I forget which). I liked it then, but the control scheme! Aaugh! Horrible! Horrible! I spent the whole time battling the controls since they were so unintuitive. I did like the variable dial select for counting your troops, but everything else seemed like it was designed to be obtuse.

I can't tell if I'm jaded and/or grumpy, but not feeling these.

Thinking of getting Mighty Flip Champs because at least *this* store will put it on sale. And I have $2 in my wallet.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I'd love to hear back from you on that. Specifically about the amount of content and how the user generated stuff works both from a creation and consumption standpoint.

Thanks.:D[/QUOTE]

If you want me too, I will still post my impressions / answers to your questions, since Cheapy seems to have covered most of what you asked. (I'm at 40% d/l'ed now, my dsl isn't as fast as it could be...sigh, will have it by the weekend for sure)

Anyone know if Flower has ever been on sale? I thought it was pretty fun (and nice looking) for a screw around game, but $10 was steeper than I wanted for a game to sit back, relax and play with no pressures involved to just enjoy the gfx and music. ;)

[quote name='blandstalker']
I can't tell if I'm jaded and/or grumpy, but not feeling these.
[/QUOTE]

Nice to know I'm not alone in my tastes with some of these games (like Frisky said different strokes), I'll keep posting my impressions on things if people want a different opinion on things (if I have time) and if there is interest. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']If you want me too, I will still post my impressions / answers to your questions, since Cheapy seems to have covered most of what you asked. (I'm at 40% d/l'ed now, my dsl isn't as fast as it could be...sigh, will have it by the weekend for sure)

Anyone know if Flower has ever been on sale? I thought it was pretty fun (and nice looking) for a screw around game, but $10 was steeper than I wanted for a game to sit back, relax and play with no pressures involved to just enjoy the gfx and music. ;)

Nice to know I'm not alone in my tastes with some of these games (like Frisky said different strokes), I'll keep posting my impressions on things if people want a different opinion on things (if I have time) and if there is interest. ;)[/QUOTE]
I know I bought it when it was on sale for $5 way back. But I dont think it was christmas time, I think I got it during one of their summer or spring sales.

[quote name='wrencrest']I know I bought it when it was on sale for $5 way back. But I dont think it was christmas time, I think I got it during one of their summer or spring sales.[/QUOTE]

Flower went on sale during their first Spring sale which was a long time ago. Google says Spring 2009. I got it then.

Google also says it was on sale in November of 2009. That looks like the last time.

$10 does seem steep - I was happy with $5 - but it remains one of my favorite PSN games. The only reasons I would hesitate to recommend it at $10 would be that it's short and it's probably due for a sale. But, shortness aside, I do replay it, which is more than I can say for other titles.

[quote name='uncle5555']Nice to know I'm not alone in my tastes with some of these games (like Frisky said different strokes), I'll keep posting my impressions on things if people want a different opinion on things (if I have time) and if there is interest. ;)[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't we? There are usually fewer reviews available for downloadable games, so the more opinions, the more informed we are as
consumers.

Incidentally:
Beat Hazard Ultra currently has one Metacritic review from IGN: 50/5.0
Okabu has 18 reviews and an average of 56

Looks like the CinemaNow app is live in the media section of the PS Store. It seems like it's similar to Vudu, but owned by Best Buy and also has TV shows.

[quote name='coolz481']Flower was on sale during Christmas the year before last for $5 I believe. Passed on it at the time, assuming it would go on sale again...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wrencrest']I know I bought it when it was on sale for $5 way back. But I dont think it was christmas time, I think I got it during one of their summer or spring sales.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blandstalker']Flower went on sale during their first Spring sale which was a long time ago. Google says Spring 2009. I got it then.

Google also says it was on sale in November of 2009. That looks like the last time.

$10 does seem steep - I was happy with $5 - but it remains one of my favorite PSN games. The only reasons I would hesitate to recommend it at $10 would be that it's short and it's probably due for a sale. But, shortness aside, I do replay it, which is more than I can say for other titles.

Why wouldn't we? There are usually fewer reviews available for downloadable games, so the more opinions, the more informed we are as
consumers.

Incidentally:
Beat Hazard Ultra currently has one Metacritic review from IGN: 50/5.0
Okabu has 18 reviews and an average of 56[/QUOTE]

Thanks all for the info on Flower, guess that must have been during my PSN blackout when I didn't have a broadband internet connection for over a year, still nice to know it might happen again.

I'll put my mini-reviews up when I get a whim to do so and have time, and I see I'm pretty on target with the critics (how much ever that's worth to anyone) for a few of those games.

My main reason for not continuing was because of some complaints, I'm more than happy to take some constructive criticism, but some things were getting a bit personal and I felt it wasn't worth it if I had to endure that.

But due to the requests, I'll put them up as I said given time and interest (like everyone else too many games to play and not enough time to play them). Should get to play Infamous FoB tonight and will post back my thoughts by the weekend as requested.

I picked up Infamous FoB and Chrono Trigger this week. I was really excited for Infamous, but the game is sooo short. Like, two hours or less short... I beat it in about 90 minutes. It's nice that they made a couple of those sweet looking motion comic cutscenes for it but overall there's not a whole lot to the story, hell two of the missions you play are UGC missions. The gameplay is still good and the new bat swarm move is cool but there just isn't much of anything to do. The UGC seems to be improved a good bit, it looks like now you can make comic-esque panels to tell your story instead of just putting text on the screen. The UGC can add a bit to the replayability but if it is anything like the rest of the game, you're only given a section of the entire game world to play in, which can kinda suck.

I probably won't get to CT for a while, not until I get a Vita I'd imagine, but I tried it really quick and was disappointed to see that despite a positive outlook that the game's loading issues might be alleviated now that it is no longer a disc-based game that there are still some rather nasty load times for menus, entering new areas, going into battle, etc.

[quote name='CheapyD']Played a few hours of Infamous: FoB and am very impressed. For $8-$10, you can't go wrong. Love the vampire stuff.

So far, the game makes you play some of the Sucker Punch created UGC, and you don't earn the ability to create your own until you finish 5 UGC missions (I think). I might be wrong about what you need to unlock the UGC creation tools, but it definitely needs to be unlocked.[/QUOTE]

You might have to beat the game to unlock the UGC tools, because after you complete the game the full compliment of UGC missions become available. The UGC missions continue the story after the game's ending. The game is awesome. I wish I didn't have to complete 20 UGC missions to get th trophy though.

[quote name='wrencrest']Hydrophobia Prophecy is a free game for plus subs in November.[/QUOTE]
Awesome!! Excited to see these hyped up and improved water effects

[quote name='iamsmart']I picked up Infamous FoB and Chrono Trigger this week. I was really excited for Infamous, but the game is sooo short. Like, two hours or less short... I beat it in about 90 minutes. It's nice that they made a couple of those sweet looking motion comic cutscenes for it but overall there's not a whole lot to the story, hell two of the missions you play are UGC missions. The gameplay is still good and the new bat swarm move is cool but there just isn't much of anything to do. The UGC seems to be improved a good bit, it looks like now you can make comic-esque panels to tell your story instead of just putting text on the screen. The UGC can add a bit to the replayability but if it is anything like the rest of the game, you're only given a section of the entire game world to play in, which can kinda suck.

I probably won't get to CT for a while, not until I get a Vita I'd imagine, but I tried it really quick and was disappointed to see that despite a positive outlook that the game's loading issues might be alleviated now that it is no longer a disc-based game that there are still some rather nasty load times for menus, entering new areas, going into battle, etc.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thomas96']You might have to beat the game to unlock the UGC tools, because after you complete the game the full compliment of UGC missions become available. The UGC missions continue the story after the game's ending. The game is awesome. I wish I didn't have to complete 20 UGC missions to get th trophy though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the imput on the InFamous DLC. I have been thinking about buying it and I was wondering how it was. I've played the first game and really enjoyed it. Been waiting for a cheap ass deal before picking up the second one.

I went ahead and bought Festival of Blood as well and I'm really enjoying it. (would've finished it in one sitting were it not for someone showing up with a PC to fix)

My only real gripe is that it feels a bit slap-dash or rather since we now have the same basic tools that they use it feels like a B-Team put it together in the UGC editor. Now don't get me wrong it's still great fun and more than worth the $10 but some of the placement and triggers and whatnot suffer from clunky implementation.

Also I fired it up on my nephew's SDTV and the new cutscenes were clearly never tested in 480i as the text runs off the screen.

For anyone who digs the series or maybe even skipped 2 like Cheapy this is a must buy. It's short and sweet and the powers are rad the end.:bouncy:

Once you upgrade the Vampire Vision it becomes this awesome ebb and flow of flying around collecting blood jars and I really dug that bit

Anyone know when the new Sony remote that will control TV's also so will come out? My original TV remote has the input button no longer working, my old XBox remote from the HD-DVD drive will control the TV except for input, and the new XBox remote will control the TV except for channel up/down so looking to the new Sony remote to save me.

Sony told Joystiq it comes out in late October but there's no listing for it on Amazon/Gamestop.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/30/the-drop-week-of-october-31st-2011-new-releases/

The Drop for this week:
PlayStation Network

Pinballistik (PSN Exclusive) – Start the Pinballistik experience off with Circle the Wagons. Mosey on down to the saloon or pay a visit to the can-can dancers. Make sure to finish loading that revolver before your opponent, then take aim and FIRE! Pinball has never been this intense. Pinballistik will launch with day-one DLC tables Sector X and Made of Money. This lets you pick and choose the tables you want to download. Don’t worry about the price: each additional game pack is only $2.99.

Hydrophobia Prophecy (PS Move Compatible) – Hydrophobia: Prophecy is the ultimate version of this chilling action-adventure game set onboard a floating city. The game utilizes the revolutionary HydroEngine technology to place you inside the flooding lower decks of the Queen of the World. Flowing water behaves completely realistically, creating a chaotic, dangerous and ever-changing environment. Duck behind floating cover and unleash floating oil fires, electricity and the power of the water to wipe out the enemy, Use every tool at your disposal to survive and escape the rising waters and discover the terrifying truth of the Malthusian prophecy.

Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe – For the first time ever Scorpion, Sub Zero and the warriors from Midway’s billion-dollar fighting franchise face off against Batman, Superman and other iconic and powerful DC Super Heroes, featuring signature attacks for both sides and a unique and intertwining storyline, written as a collaboration between the Mortal Kombat creative team and top comic scribes Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray. Choose your side and challenge your opponents with a new fighting system including Freefall Kombat and Klose Kombat along with dynamic multi-tiered environments. Plus, pick your favorite character from MK or DCU and pursue a fighting adventure in the new single player mode with an intertwined storyline and two unique perspectives.

Hasbro Family Game Night – Hasbro Family Game Night is an a-la-carte release — gamers can download the main Hasbro Family Game Night application and then pick which one of the many Hasbro games they wish to download and play. The initial download is free, and users can play trial versions of the digital board games to help find the ones they want to buy.

Max & The Magic Marker (Demo Available) – Max & the Magic Marker is a physics based 2D platform game, in which the player controls the boy Max and his Magic Marker. While Max enables good old platforming fun, the marker pro­vides the game’s signature feature: the ability for the player to draw directly inside the game world where everything drawn becomes physical objects. This feature is used to complete levels and overcome challenges but it also provides the player with a unique tool that in itself is fun to play around with.

Demos

Medieval Moves: Deadmunds Quest
Saints Row: The Third (Initiation Station)
Happy Feet 2

PSone Japan Imports

Arcade Hits: Magical Drop
Dezaemon Kids!

PS2 Classics

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland – Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland takes the popular series in a whole new direction, offering a deeper and more robust role-playing experience. It might be best described as a ‘Life Simulation’.

Raiden III – Raiden III for PlayStation 2 is a port of the classic arcade shooter, complete with a stage select mode that lets you replay stages once you’ve cleared them. The series has transitioned from its 2D roots to 3D, creating lush environments, devastating explosions and countless enemies, without a drop in frame-rate. Two players can play together to push back the invading forces, just like in the arcade!

Bloodrayne – As the vampiric agent BloodRayne, you’ll travel through the eerie swamps of Louisiana, to Argentina and Germany in this battle-heavy, third-person thriller. The game features non-linear gameplay in more than 40 levels and three massive worlds, the ability to suck blood for health, and to use slow-motion, zoom and aura visions to aid in death dealing. Pull off fantastic acrobatic moves to bend the environment to your will and dispatch enemies with BloodRayne’s blades and kicks for awesome in-your-face combat.

minis

Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

A good tip for Festival of Blood if you want to quickly get through the 20 UGC missions to satisfy your inner trophy whore:

Go to Search under the UGC menu and search for Assassination then just add any/all missions with that exact name to your queue.

The majority of them have you killing an enemy called The Speaker which is just a guy usually perched on top of an umbrella and can be zapped from the rooftop where all of the UGC missions start.

A couple of people have rigged their versions to be extremely difficult so if you get insta-killed while attempting it just abandon it and it'll remove it from your queue.

Each one takes about 10 seconds to complete so have fun you filthy trophy whores! ;)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']A good tip for Festival of Blood if you want to quickly get through the 20 UGC missions to satisfy your inner trophy whore:

Go to Search under the UGC menu and search for Assassination then just add any/all missions with that exact name to your queue.

The majority of them have you killing an enemy called The Speaker which is just a guy usually perched on top of an umbrella and can be zapped from the rooftop where all of the UGC missions start.

A couple of people have rigged their versions to be extremely difficult so if you get insta-killed while attempting it just abandon it and it'll remove it from your queue.

Each one takes about 10 seconds to complete so have fun you filthy trophy whores! ;)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's the same method I used to get the trophy. I honestly never liked the UGC aspect of Infamous 2 and it's not much better this time around either, most of the missions I tried weren't very good so I'd rather use the fastest method possible to get the trophy. I also thought it was kinda lazy/sloppy for them to make you play 2 (I think it was 2, could've been more?) UGC missions to advance the story.. I think you can skip them though if you decline the user agreement or if you're not connected online.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']A good tip for Festival of Blood if you want to quickly get through the 20 UGC missions to satisfy your inner trophy whore:

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did to get the trophy

I don't mind being nudged towards playing UGC and the 2 main story ones are by Sucker Punch themselves but to lock a trophy behind 20 of them is a bit much. Were it 5 or maybe even 10 then it'd be more trophy whore friendly but instead it comes off as a way for them to lock-down ability upgrades and artificially extend the length of the already short main game.

That single instance for that single trophy only caused the community to remedy the situation with short and shitty UGC missions whereas Sucker Punch could have implemented that incentive more intelligently as to actually get people using their tools in a meaningful and positively contributory way.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...neak-peek-free-hydrophobia-prophecy-and-more/

Here are the PS+ offerings for November:
It’s time once again to have a look at upcoming PlayStation Plus content! PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that gives you access to free games, discounts on new and classic titles, and access to exclusive features of the network, all for just over $4 a month. And this November, we’re rolling out access to amazing content that you’ll want to be a part of. To learn more about this, or get access to PlayStation Plus, either click here, or go the PlayStation Store on your PS3 console and go to the PlayStation Plus category.

Starting 11/1, enjoy free access to Hydrophobia Prophecy! Note that this is day and date with the release of the game. Free for the entire month for Plus subscribers, this action adventure uses the power of HydroEngine – the world’s first fluid dynamics engine for games – to engage in mind blowing flow combat and incredible physics based puzzles. This is also the definitive version of this title complete with PlayStation Move support, a redone backstory, a dramatic new ending, improved voice acting, and a ton of additional features.

We’re also rolling out some classic Crash Bandicoot love with several Crash PSone Classics available for free downloads throughout the month. Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3, along with CTR: Crash Team Racing are all available for the better part of November starting 11/1.

Free PS minis are also on deck with Rumble Trucks and the charming Where is my Heart? free through the month. In the last half of November, look forward to grabbing Doodle Fit, the best-selling puzzle game, free as well.

Lastly, you may have seen today’s earlier note on the special Plus subscription offer in which you can sign up for Plus and receive Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) free when it released on 11/15. Subscribing already? You’re not left out! Existing subscribers are eligible to add more time to their Plus subscription and receive Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) free when it drops on 11/15; thereby extending their current subscription end date.

There will be a number of other discounts and content throughout the month, many of which will be announced via the PlayStation Store Update. Please keep in mind these are expected games and discounts for Plus. Some content outlined may be subject to change. Release dates are also subject to change. With that in mind, have a look at the expected Plus content to hit this month! Let us know your thoughts in the comments, or hit the PlayStation Forums to chat more about Plus with PlayStation Network’s Morgan Haro / mochuuu.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Purchase a 1 year subscription by clicking here. By purchasing online, you’ll receive a redemption code immediately after purchase via email.

Here is the content list for November 2011 as of 10/31.

Free PSN Games and DLC:
Hydrophobia: Prophecy (11/1)

Free PSone Classics:
Crash Bandicoot (11/1)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (11/1)
Crash Bandicoot3: Warped (11/1)
CTR: Crash Team Racing (11/1)

Free Minis:
Rumble Trucks (11/1)
Where is my Heart (11/8)
Doodle Fit (11/15)

Full Game Trials:
MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL (11/1)
MONOPOLY STREETS (11/8)
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 Full Game Trial (11/15)

Exclusive Discounts:
Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) – 20% off – (11/15)

Free Themes:
Robots Dynamic Theme (11/1)

Free Avatars
Green Hat Penguin Avatar (11/15)
Raccoon Avatar (11/15)
Red Ornament Avatar (11/15)
Snow Monster Avatar (11/15)
Turkey Leg Avatar (11/15)

Media:
Qore Episode 42 – November Early Access
Here's more info on the Jurassic Park: The Game offer for new PS+ One Year Sub purchases.

I'm actually excited for the free Crash games. I never got a chance to play them back in the day and once I got a PS2 I didn't bother. I've considered getting the Classics a few times, and now am very glad I resisted the temptation!

Question: Are PS1 Classics from a PS+ sub playable on PSP? I assume, just checking.

Stupid question, but when is the store usually updated? This is probably the first time I've been excited for a store update and had a day off, I always thought it was updated sometime early in the morning.

[quote name='Luriden']Stupid question, but when is the store usually updated? This is probably the first time I've been excited for a store update and had a day off, I always thought it was updated sometime early in the morning.[/QUOTE]
Nope, early to late evening.

Really wish Rochard had been pronounced Rock-Hard instead of Rosh-char.
so many missed oppurtunites for the character to say "Baby, I'm Rock-Hard!"

That being said, I gave up on the demo somewhere around the point where there were two platforms seperated by a descending wall and I couldnt seem to get them to lower enough to make the jump across.

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm actually excited for the free Crash games. I never got a chance to play them back in the day and once I got a PS2 I didn't bother. I've considered getting the Classics a few times, and now am very glad I resisted the temptation!
[/QUOTE]

Same exact situation here... mostly glad to see crash team racing since I played that one back in the day and loved it. Glad I didnt buy any crash games yet.

PS+ is great but man have I had really freaking bad luck with it. I already own 2 of the 3 crash games...so this is yet another bust month for me(hydrophobia looks lame).

[quote name='Luriden']Stupid question, but when is the store usually updated? This is probably the first time I've been excited for a store update and had a day off, I always thought it was updated sometime early in the morning.[/QUOTE]
Usually anywhere from 4 PM to 8 PM EST.

I already have the first Crash game on PSN, but I'll be happy to play the others with this. Anybody that wants to own one of the Crash games should check out GameStop.com, as they are selling codes for the first game for $3. There's a link in the OP of the PS Store Deals thread.

I couldnt care less about free PS1 games as I just cannot play them any more. HD has spoiled me enough that I vow to never go back to lesser video again! lol

I am excited to try Hydrophobia even if it isnt great. I wouldnt have played it had it not been free.

Ooh, free CTR. It is my favorite cart racer ever. Much more polished than Mario Kart 64 and it oozes personality. It's very impressive for a PSOne game.

Curse your Op frisky!!!!! (So long).

Just checking in to see if the store updated; kids have the PS3 on lock down with Narnia right now. Thanks in advance frisky

Deals
Auditorium HD - $2.99 - Temporary Sale - Move Compatible
Car Jack Streets - PSP/PS3 - $2.99 - Temporary Sale
Dragon Age: Origins - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Hasbro Family Game Night - $19.99 - Temporary Sale
Mass Effect 2 - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Phantasy Star Portable 2 - PSP - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Smash Cars - $7.49 - Temporary Sale
Superstars V8 Racing - $4.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 - $39.99 - Permanent Price Drop
Under Siege - $13.99 - Permanent Price Drop

Pulse
Pulse 11/1 Edition - Free

Qore
Qore Episode 41 - October 2011 - Free

Games
DC Universe Online - Free
Hydrophobia Prophecy - $9.99
Max & The Magic Marker - $9.99
Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe - $19.99 - 5.9 GB
Pinballistik - $3.99

PS2 Classics
Bloodrayne - $9.99
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland - $9.99
Raiden III - $9.99

Minis
Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock Of Firetop Mountain - $4.99 - 28 MB

Demos
Happy Feet 2
Max & The Magic Marker
Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest
Saints Row: The Third Initiation Station

Add-ons
Batman Arkham City - Nightwing Bundle - $6.99
Cars 2 - Radiator Springs Character Bundle - $2.99
Cars 2 - Road Hazards Character Bundle - $2.99
Cars 2 - Boost - $0.99
Cars 2 - Chick Hicks - $0.99
Cars 2 - DJ - $0.99
Cars 2 - Flo - $0.99
Cars 2 - Ramone - $0.99
Cars 2 - Sheriff - $0.99
Cars 2 - Snot Rod - $0.99
Cars 2 - Wingo - $0.99
DC Universe Online - Fight For The Light - $9.99
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record - BBQ Chef Skills Pack - $1.99
EA Sports Season Ticket - 12 Months - $24.99
Everybody Dance - Pack 1 - $8.99
LittleBigPlanet 2 - Uncharted 3 Drake Costume - $1.99
MotorStorm Apocalypse - Halloween Livery - Free
Pinballistik - Made Of Money - $2.99
Pinballistik - Sector X - $2.99
Rock Band 3 - “Breath” by Breaking Benjamin - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Forever” by Papa Roach - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Until The End” by Breaking Benjamin - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Madness” by Myrath - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Scissors” by Emery - $1.99
Rock Band 3 - “Toast (Live)” by Heywood Banks - $0.99
Rock Band 3 - “You Only Live Once” by Suicide Silence - $1.99
Rocksmith - "Bodysnatchers" By Radiohead - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Free Bird" By Lynyrd Skynyrd - $2.99
Rocksmith - "Tighten Up" By The Black Keys - $4.99
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs - Evac Co-Op Pack - $7.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Online Pass - $9.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Classic Skins Pack #1 - $2.75
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Classic Skins Pack #2 - $3.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Classic Skins Pack #3 - $2.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Atoq Navarro Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Cameraman Jeff Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Chloe Frazer (Nepal) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Chloe Frazer (Winter) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Dead Explorer Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Doughnut Lazarevic Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Dragan Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Eddy Raja Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Elena Fisher (Classic) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Elena Fisher (Nepal) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Elena Fisher (Winter) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Gabriel Roman Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Harry Flynn Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Karl Schafer Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Lieutenant Draza Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Lovac Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Nathan Drake (Classic) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Nathan Drake (Nepal) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Nathan Drake (Wetsuit) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Nathan Drake (Winter) Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Prakoso Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Sark Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Tenzin Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Tetram Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Vodnik Skin - $0.49
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Zoran Lazarevic Skin - $0.49
Worms Crazy Golf - Carnival Course - Free

Videos
Xcom – Dev Diary 1: What Is Xcom
Risen 2 Dark Waters Gamescom Trailer
Risen 2: Dark Waters – Reveal Trailer
Crysis 1 Trailer
Nba Jam: On Fire Edition – Launch Sizzle
Rock Of Ages: Rolling Through The Ages Trailer
Rock Of Ages: Teaser Trailer
Driver San Francisco Launch Trailer
Motionsports Adrenaline Debut Trailer
Rayman Origins Bubble Dreamer Trailer
Rayman Origins Comic-Con Trailer
Hollywood Squares Trailer
GT Academy Behind the Scenes – Road to Le Mans

Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair Collection - $2.99
Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair (10) - $0.49 each
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (10) - $0.49 each

Themes
Sideway: New York

Premium Themes
A Is For Astronaut - $2.99 - Dynamic
Abstract Blue Distortion - $2.99 - Dynamic
Abstract Particle Dance - $2.99 - Dynamic
Aquarium 2.0 - $2.99 - Dynamic
Bikini Girl - $2.99 - Dynamic
Dark Souls Prepare To Die - $2.99 - Dynamic
Digital Blasphemy Flourescense Tropic - $2.99 - Dynamic
Digital Blasphemy Phraxis Moon - $2.99 - Dynamic
Digital Blasphemy Tears - $2.99 - Dynamic
Digital Blasphemy Thetis Tropic - $2.99 - Dynamic
Digital Blasphemy Vigil - $2.99 - Dynamic
In The Wild - $1.49
NCAA Notre Dame - $2.99 - Dynamic
NCAA Oklahoma - $2.99 - Dynamic
NCAA Texas A&M - $2.99 - Dynamic
NCAA West Virginia - $2.99 - Dynamic
Resistance 3 Survival - $3.99
Views Of The World - $1.49
Wild World - $1.49

Wallpapers
4 Elements HD

Music
Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Soundtrack - $5.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Soundtrack - $5.99
Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Soundtrack - $9.99

PSP Games
Fate/Extra - $24.99 - 1.1 GB
-------------------------------------
PlayStation Plus

Subscription
One Year Sub - $49.99 - Includes Jurassic Park: The Game (Episodes 1-4) For Free, Available at Launch (11/15)

Deals
Hasbro's Family Game Night - $10.00

Qore
Qore Episode 42 - November 2011

Games
Crash Bandicoot - PSP/PS3
Crash Bandicoot 2 - PSP/PS3
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - PSP/PS3
CTR: Crash Team Racing - PSP/PS3
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - Full Game Trial
Rumble Trucks - PSP/PS3

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Bundle - $0.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Some one said their PS3 asked for 21 gigs of free space even though dc universe's screen says 18 gig needed. Just a fyi.

[quote name='sunghost']Any idea where the Robots Dynamic Theme is at? I can't find it anywhere in the store, and I used the search feature for it.[/QUOTE]
Just came to ask the same thing. Looked and searched, no luck

[quote name='shadowkast']Some one said their PS3 asked for 21 gigs of free space even though dc universe's screen says 18 gig needed. Just a fyi.[/QUOTE]
Just a heads up, but that 18-21 GB download is going to take forever. The servers the game is hosted on must be ancient as the thing took me nearly a full day to download with my pretty awesome internet.

[quote name='shadowkast']Some one said their PS3 asked for 21 gigs of free space even though dc universe's screen says 18 gig needed. Just a fyi.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='randomdud']Just a heads up, but that 18-21 GB download is going to take forever. The servers the game is hosted on must be ancient as the thing took me nearly a full day to download with my pretty awesome internet.[/QUOTE]Total size of the installation is 25.5 GB. It says so in the UK store.

[quote name='shadowkast']Not digging the motion controls for hydrophobia yet. Maybe I'll play with the sensitivity settings a bit[/QUOTE]

I thought the motion controls were ok, my problem is with the game itself.. it seemed like garbage.

Man, tons of pretty solid free games for Plus owners. I will definitely be popping those Crash games on my PSP Go (the only way I can really enjoy PSOne titles at this point, sadly).

Looking at Gamefly's upcoming list, it looks like there are some PSN games coming to retail soon with Bejeweled 3 (bundled with Zuma and Feeding Frenzy 2), Plants vs. Zombies (bundled with Peggle and Heavy Weapon), and the 4-in-1 Action Pack of Creat Studios games (Mushroom Wars, Digger HD, Wakeboarding HD, and Smash Cars).

[quote name='eldergamer']Really wish Rochard...

That being said, I gave up on the demo somewhere around the point where there were two platforms seperated by a descending wall and I couldnt seem to get them to lower enough to make the jump across.[/QUOTE]

Glad you mentioned that, plus it gives me a chance to do a quickie review.

Rochard:

A platformer puzzler title....well it seems every southerner journeyed into space in the future to become a asteroid miner. The gfx are nice and colorful, the play control is tight, however Rochard isn't Megaman... In some sections trying to get him to do move into a certain section constantly bring him just missing the area he needs to get to leading (to me and Elder apparently) a lot of frustration and the quickest way to exit the game and delete it from our systems. It might be to my lack of patience with puzzles that seem to obtuse to me (the one I was stuck on was the low gravity one where he had to jump from a platform and land in between two sections on top of a roof of a building after 15 failed (but oh so close) attempts to land on it, I was like to hell with this and never looked back. Don't get me wrong, if you like puzzles in your platformers (ala Portal) you'll probably love this game, I like more action (ala MM) so I wasn't sold, but you might be.

Recommendation: Buy when on sale.

inFamous Festival of Blood: (sorry it's late, been dealing with a job offer on the west coast and couldn't get back to take care of this before now)

Well to preface I've only played inFamous 1 for 20 minutes and the inFamous 2 demo, so that is my exposure to the series. I knew what to expect so we're good there. The power up system was cool by completing certain actions (stake a vamp x amount of times) you earn power ups for Cole, they kept it varied enough that it didn't get boring. There are some cheap deaths (those damned machine gun vamps) which force you to play keep away, and I never quite understood health other than if the screen was going black and white to run like hell (which led to some deaths even then) One aspect I didn't like to see missing was the choices from inFamous 1 (not sure if 2 kept those or not) to be bad or good, I was playing good not snacking on the citizens of New Marais, only to be like later, forget it and went after the trophy for 100 blood sucks. One cool thing I did like was the vamp sense, this is what Prototype's altered vision SHOULD have been. And there was a reason for it as you can hunt other vamps that are hiding as well. Flying in bat form is pretty neat too, (and essential when trying to transverse the map) speaking of the map, you're only allowed to stay in the southern part of the city (and the catacombs underneath it) with no access to the northern area. But back to flying, when you've powered up your blood meter (done by collecting containers which are found easier later by increasing your vamp sense and flying) you can fly up to 60 seconds and fly up making the city very, very small below you and free fall if you choose (which I did a few times, and isn't humanly possible to hit the ground in a 3000 ft free fall ;) ) or glide with Cole's electric power. Overall it had a nice story, told in inFamous famous panel narration (which can be duplicated in the UCG levels as well)

Gripes: The online user agreement popping up in the middle of my game locking my game up with no explanation as to what it was for....bad Sucker Punch. No choices as I mentioned before, the level of difficulty ramping up and getting killed a lot if you're trying to melee a bunch, (fast way to get yourself killed) Even though parkour (climbing) has improved in the game, I still wished it was quicker to do, but overall Cole zips around New Marais pretty quickly. And lastly as mentioned in this thread for Trophy Hunters is the required UGC missions, I decided to play a few for the heck of it, and 90% of the ones I played literally sucked, (no idea what to do, where to go, etc) makes me weep for the fan community and the arm chair game designers out there...Ouch.

Recommendation: Buy, it's $10, will last 5-6 hours (if you take the time to power up, collect everything and explore, apparently from reading someone in this thread finished it in 90 minutes...) and is fun if you like this kind of game, I enjoyed it while it lasted.

To answer some lingering questions, no you can't access the creation tools until completing the game (didn't see them in the menu until I finished the main story)

-------

So I'm playing The Fight last night and I get a message stating to collect my reward...I wasn't sure what was going on, so I finished the game and went to my inbox to see that I earned the $10 credit on my account for last month....I was like, but I didn't spend the required $60 to get it, did I? Went and looked and only spent around $30. So did this happen to anyone else? Just thought it was weird (or main a spam message trying to phish me) and wondered if anyone else had it happen to them.

Also they MUST be throwing at a dart board for these PS2 picks, man they're sure picking some oddball titles to put up.

And if anyone wants to get some of the demos we've been getting a week early be sure to check out the UK PSN, they've been getting stuff a week in advance of the US PSN on a fairly frequent basis in the last 6 weeks (approx.)

bread's done
Back