Where Is _____ Hip-Hop Thread

[quote name='zewone']Yeah, did anyone see MM..Food at a retail store?[/quote]

My local store didn't get them in though they hope they will be there sometime this week

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']This will probably be my only post here ever, but just wondering, do any artists exist that are similar to Dalek?[/quote]

Not really, they are kinda in their own world (the world of shitty music)

http://www.rappersiknow.com/?p=87

Phonte Says: “Little Brother - Getback on 9/25″

1. (angry song with a creepy chorus)
2. (neckbreaking song with weird meter change)
3. (song that will make core fanbase gasp in disbelief)
4. Good Clothes
5. (song that features the same person who was on the first song)
6. (song to ride out to)
7. (song that your girl will love)
8. (song produced by the same person who produced the song that introduced you to the person on songs 1 and 5)
9. (bittersweet song)
10. (tearjerking song)
11. (the last song)

Produced by Seven Niggas and a Bad Ass Filipino
Getback 9/25
Peace,
Tigallo

[quote name='JEKKI']I always wanted to hear the Rhyme and Reason soundtrack man... never got to tho :(

still, how can u not mention this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOrDpCDHRsE

shyt is classic!!

also Dayz of our Livez is my shyt too!!

most movie soundtracks have disappointed me tho... the only two I ever liked are

Bad Boys
and
The Show

but I really wanna check those other ones out tho.

also... new Camp Lo tomorrow

51gE5r1nk0L._AA240_.jpg
[/quote]

I don't like Mack 10 that much...imo.. he is the worst rapper in the Westside Connection... I'm more of a WC fan...

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDKo7rstg4A[/MEDIA]

[quote name='fart_bubble']http://www.rappersiknow.com/?p=87

Phonte Says: “Little Brother - Getback on 9/25″

1. (angry song with a creepy chorus)
2. (neckbreaking song with weird meter change)
3. (song that will make core fanbase gasp in disbelief)
4. Good Clothes
5. (song that features the same person who was on the first song)
6. (song to ride out to)
7. (song that your girl will love)
8. (song produced by the same person who produced the song that introduced you to the person on songs 1 and 5)
9. (bittersweet song)
10. (tearjerking song)
11. (the last song)

Produced by Seven Niggas and a Bad Ass Filipino
Getback 9/25
Peace,
Tigallo

[/QUOTE]

Saw that, too. Can't wait.

[quote name='DJSteel']I don't like Mack 10 that much...imo.. he is the worst rapper in the Westside Connection... I'm more of a WC fan...[/QUOTE]lol, well yeay if you're jus thinking about westside connection then yeay obviously.

but his first cd has some hotness on it!!

I donno about anything else he's made...

also new Little Brother :drool:

EDIT:

I'ma avoid double post, and hope doods see this when it get bump again,

but here is the Little Brother tracklist I got off another site:

1. Sirens feat. Carlitta Durand
2. Can’t Win For Losing
3. Breakin My Heart feat. Lil Wayne
4. Good Clothes
5. After The Party feat. Carlitta Durand
6. ExtraHard
7. Step It Up feat. Dion
8. Two Step Blues feat. Darien Brockington
9. That Ain’t Love feat. Jozeemo
10. Dreams
11. When Everything Is New

track muhfukkin 3 man! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

but here is the Little Brother tracklist I got off another site:

1. Sirens feat. Carlitta Durand
2. Can’t Win For Losing
3. Breakin My Heart feat. Lil Wayne
4. Good Clothes
5. After The Party feat. Carlitta Durand
6. ExtraHard
7. Step It Up feat. Dion
8. Two Step Blues feat. Darien Brockington
9. That Ain’t Love feat. Jozeemo
10. Dreams
11. When Everything Is New

track muhfukkin 3 man! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Shit, what a fucking turnoff having Lil Wayne on it. If I buy it, that will be one track that I will skip everytime. I hope its good but The Minstrel Show fucking blew.

[quote name='Liquid 2']http://store.okayplayer.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=137

Preorder Finding Forever for $16 and get a free copy of DJ Soul's mixtape Time Travelin'.

Tempting. How's this DJ Soul?[/quote]

He is a okay DJ who has a strong apperciation for what he mixes/remixes. I wouldn't pay for one of his mixtapes though.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Finally listening to Finding Forever. Damn good so far.[/quote]

It's so good. The track with kanye gets annoying though.

I used to hate kanye, but now i just ignore the fact he's a crybaby whenever i listen to him.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Shit, what a fucking turnoff having Lil Wayne on it. If I buy it, that will be one track that I will skip everytime. I hope its good but The Minstrel Show fucking blew..[/QUOTE]whaaaaat?!!?!?! Minstrel Show was my shyt! I donno tho... it seems to have a love it or hate it attitude towards it.

but that Weezy track sounds dope!! it's just too random, how can u not love it?!?!?!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefC0dQ7JSI[/media]

man dont act like this shyt aint hot!! I aint lying too

[quote name='evanft']Has anyone heard the new Common yet? I have that $15 BB gift card from GH 80s, so...[/quote]

BUY IT!

Little Brother is gonna be in Cleveland this Saturday for a show I'm gonna be there for sure I hope to catch some new tracks and let ya'll know whats good.

New Common is definitely good. I also listened to that Mindstyle album today that was recommended and there were some tracks I liked and some I didn't.

too much talk about Common!!

don't forget new Keith Murray comes out tuesday also!!

I will pick them both up!

it's suppose to be like his return to the first two albums!

(pffft yeay rite, dat's what Swollen Members said... and dat shyt SUCKED)

dont matter tho, it's always worth a try!!

also Where Is Jayo Felony?!?!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSwErhiir2A[/media]

actually... he released a record with Spice 1 earlier this year I believe...

I listened to the first 2 tracks... pretty damn good actually.

I'll try to finish it today

[quote name='JEKKI']Dilated is the shyt yo.

and LOl at one hit wonder[/quote]
I wasn't saying Dilated was an one hit wonder (they have something like 4 albums) was just letting people know about that release.

That article was only good for this part:
Also in 2006, Underground terror Vakill released Worst Fears Confirmed. No Kanye on this one, but Vakill and his production team, the Molemen, brought the terror back to the music. Released in the midst of Laffy Taffies and many dance-fueled albums, Fears was constructed to put the chill in your spine. With cuts like “Cold War” and “No Mercy,” gritty narratives were in abundance along with shrill production. The underground was properly represented in a no frills format. For those of you hustlers, that’s four corners of the Hip-Hop aesthetic: The mainstream(Dropout, Registration), the conscious(Be), the backpackers/underground(F&L, Worst Fears), and the streets (Kamikaze). What’s fu***in’ with that?
The rest can be skipped.

[quote name='headpiece747']I wasn't saying Dilated was an one hit wonder (they have something like 4 albums) was just letting people know about that release.[/QUOTE]oh, haha. No I wasnt referring to Dilated at all. I dont think they're going anywhere anytime soon.

I was referring to jayo Felony as one hit wonder.

now that I'm home tho... I'ma one hit this guy:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2_Pmgd82g[/media]

I think his mixtape already came out?? June 24 according to amazon.

don't forget Steele's mixtape too! he's the other best emcee from Boot Camp

51ynqYPnM7L._AA240_.jpg
613B7xTt2vL._AA240_.jpg

these two plus new Common plus Keith Murray make me broke ass gamer once again!!

I guess it's a good way to make up for the fact that san diego comic con reached full capacity, and now I am here at home which is not san diego at all ... :(

Bigg Jus - Illustrations of Hieronymus Bosch
From the one of my favorite albums: Poor People's Day
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2bTeNNyyi4[/MEDIA]

I posted this in the OTT, but I thought it'd make more sense here. My brief rundown of Rock the Bells:

I spent most of my time, with my gf, at the Paid Dues stage because I wasn't going to get close to the main stage and I was more interested in getting up-front for Sage Francis, Brother Ali and Felt.

I caught LuckyIAm's set in the beginning and he impressed me. After that I checked out Jedi Mind Tricks and Immortal Technique, with only the latter really drawing any enthusiasm from the "dudes" before grabbing a water before Pharoahe Monch.

When Mighty Pharoahe went on, I was extremely excited, but it was annoying that no one was really diggin' him until "Simon Says." The only other person who showed similar love for him was a guy a few people away from me who seemed to know Pharoahe's stuff, new and old. And my gf, too, of course.

The gf and I headed back to Paid Dues to catch Mr. Lif, but sadly we caught the last minute of "Brothaz" before he was done. I've seen him twice already as a headliner, but I like supporting him, Ak and Therapy.

Cage was going on next and since the girl and I were closer to the front, we decided to stay and wait for Brother Ali, who was next. Cage was damn good and full of energy, but his crowd on the other hand. It's like they though Cage = Rage. Moshin' and shit for a hip-hop show, it just felt weird. That aside, he was impressive.

Brother Ali killed it, as I expected. Think he caught me singing one of the choruses-can't remember which song-and he was just cool as hell. Sage was pretty good, but he did a few less-intense songs that can hurt a short set. I was also mad that I missed Public Enemy but I didn't want to leave during Ali or Sage's set. Also, I got to see Chuck D speak at my school last year and that was damn enjoyable.

Next up was Felt and holy shit, they were amazing. Slug and Murs are both incredible onstage and kept everyone into it. The crowd was really into it, for the most part, which always helps. I really hope I can catch them again. Definitely cool to see Ant rockin' out in the back, too, while smokin' a cigarette/working the turntables.

Next we grabbed some food, which took over an hour, while Cypress Hill was on because we weren't too interested. I know their hits, which don't really move me much at all, so we just ate and chilled during their set. The same went for EPMD, who I know are legends and whatnot, but I am yet to take the time to get into them.

Wu-Tang Clan came out and they were pretty damn good. Some mic troubles for a few of them, like Ghostface at one point, was a lil' bit of a downer, but good set nonetheless. The lack of energy was aggravating and also strange, but I just enjoyed it as much as I could. The whole white thing totally made sense here when the "dude" in front of me, who did know most of each song's lyrics, was droppin' the appropriate n-bombs in each song. I don't know how other people feel about that, just ain't my thing.

Rage Against the Machine, as I expected, put on an unbelievable show. Luckily, I didn't get bothered by any drunken frat boys. I never thought I would have seen Rage after they broke up, but last night made that dream come true, haha. Off the top of my head, their set was the following, though not in order:
-Testify
-Bullet in the Head
-Bulls on Parade
-People of the Sun
-Vietnow
-Know Your Enemy
-Tire Me
-Calm Like a Bomb
-Down Rodeo(lost it for this one)
-Sleep Now in the Fire
-Guerrilla Radio
-Wake Up
Encore: Freedom and Killing in the Name

Overall, I got my money's worth, although my gf paid for our tickets. Just seeing Rage, while I was in that kinda fenced-off area behind the main part, was enough for me. Never mind the fact that Brother Ali and Felt were great as well. As said, though, the crowd was definitely lacking in the intensity department, especially for Pharoahe and Wu-Tang.

After the show was the ultimate bitch, as I expected. It was funny to see some dudes get apprehended for being dumbasses and breaking a fence to get to the other side that was guarded by plain clothes cops, who actually were wearing their badges and guns in full view. Also sucked to have to sit around for an hour in my car to get out of the lot, but that's alright.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I posted this in the OTT, but I thought it'd make more sense here. My brief rundown of Rock the Bells:

I spent most of my time, with my gf, at the Paid Dues stage because I wasn't going to get close to the main stage and I was more interested in getting up-front for Sage Francis, Brother Ali and Felt.

I caught LuckyIAm's set in the beginning and he impressed me. After that I checked out Jedi Mind Tricks and Immortal Technique, with only the latter really drawing any enthusiasm from the "dudes" before grabbing a water before Pharoahe Monch.

When Mighty Pharoahe went on, I was extremely excited, but it was annoying that no one was really diggin' him until "Simon Says." The only other person who showed similar love for him was a guy a few people away from me who seemed to know Pharoahe's stuff, new and old. And my gf, too, of course.

The gf and I headed back to Paid Dues to catch Mr. Lif, but sadly we caught the last minute of "Brothaz" before he was done. I've seen him twice already as a headliner, but I like supporting him, Ak and Therapy.

Cage was going on next and since the girl and I were closer to the front, we decided to stay and wait for Brother Ali, who was next. Cage was damn good and full of energy, but his crowd on the other hand. It's like they though Cage = Rage. Moshin' and shit for a hip-hop show, it just felt weird. That aside, he was impressive.

Brother Ali killed it, as I expected. Think he caught me singing one of the choruses-can't remember which song-and he was just cool as hell. Sage was pretty good, but he did a few less-intense songs that can hurt a short set. I was also mad that I missed Public Enemy but I didn't want to leave during Ali or Sage's set. Also, I got to see Chuck D speak at my school last year and that was damn enjoyable.

Next up was Felt and holy shit, they were amazing. Slug and Murs are both incredible onstage and kept everyone into it. The crowd was really into it, for the most part, which always helps. I really hope I can catch them again. Definitely cool to see Ant rockin' out in the back, too, while smokin' a cigarette/working the turntables.

Next we grabbed some food, which took over an hour, while Cypress Hill was on because we weren't too interested. I know their hits, which don't really move me much at all, so we just ate and chilled during their set. The same went for EPMD, who I know are legends and whatnot, but I am yet to take the time to get into them.

Wu-Tang Clan came out and they were pretty damn good. Some mic troubles for a few of them, like Ghostface at one point, was a lil' bit of a downer, but good set nonetheless. The lack of energy was aggravating and also strange, but I just enjoyed it as much as I could. The whole white thing totally made sense here when the "dude" in front of me, who did know most of each song's lyrics, was droppin' the appropriate n-bombs in each song. I don't know how other people feel about that, just ain't my thing.

Rage Against the Machine, as I expected, put on an unbelievable show. Luckily, I didn't get bothered by any drunken frat boys. I never thought I would have seen Rage after they broke up, but last night made that dream come true, haha. Off the top of my head, their set was the following, though not in order:
-Testify
-Bullet in the Head
-Bulls on Parade
-People of the Sun
-Vietnow
-Know Your Enemy
-Tire Me
-Calm Like a Bomb
-Down Rodeo(lost it for this one)
-Sleep Now in the Fire
-Guerrilla Radio
-Wake Up
Encore: Freedom and Killing in the Name

Overall, I got my money's worth, although my gf paid for our tickets. Just seeing Rage, while I was in that kinda fenced-off area behind the main part, was enough for me. Never mind the fact that Brother Ali and Felt were great as well. As said, though, the crowd was definitely lacking in the intensity department, especially for Pharoahe and Wu-Tang.

After the show was the ultimate bitch, as I expected. It was funny to see some dudes get apprehended for being dumbasses and breaking a fence to get to the other side that was guarded by plain clothes cops, who actually were wearing their badges and guns in full view. Also sucked to have to sit around for an hour in my car to get out of the lot, but that's alright.[/quote]
Glad you and the gf had a good time. I sounds like it was the same for the crowd when I went because on some performers they didn't have any energy and I was like do you know who that is onstage. Thanks for the review and I hate that I had to miss it this year.

[quote name='headpiece747']Glad you and the gf had a good time. I sounds like it was the same for the crowd when I went because on some performers they didn't have any energy and I was like do you know who that is onstage. Thanks for the review and I hate that I had to miss it this year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. That does suck that you have to miss it, but hey, maybe next year. :)

man San Bernan show is like 2 weeks away, shyt's gonna be too hot too!!!

anyway...

more where is ___ one hit wonder style!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZLq9RBUvw[/media]

new Common tomorrow! I wonder if best buy or CC has it on sale???

[quote name='JEKKI']man San Bernan show is like 2 weeks away, shyt's gonna be too hot too!!!

anyway...

more where is ___ one hit wonder style!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZLq9RBUvw

new Common tomorrow! I wonder if best buy or CC has it on sale???[/quote]
It's $10 pretty much everywhere. I might have to pay extra for it though 'cause I'm gonna try to buy it at 3rd Street's Hear Music Coffeehouse tomorrow to get it autographed. Common will be there at noon for an in-store performance and signing.

bread's done
Back