Where Is _____ Hip-Hop Thread

[quote name='rapsodist']It's $10 pretty much everywhere. I might have to pay extra for it though 'cause I'm gonna try to buy it at 3rd Street's Hear Music Coffeehouse tomorrow to get it autographed. Common will be there at noon for an in-store performance and signing.[/QUOTE]is that santa monica?!?!?!

dang... all this shyt that goes down like this and comic con and stuff makes me hate working :(

I'm definitely coppin' Finding Forever today. Even if it's not his best work, I still need to just own it for collection purposes.

Anyone heard that C-Ray Walz & Sharkey album? It comes out today and I don't really want to make a blind buy. I have it on my iPod though so maybe I can listen to it while I drive home from work.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']
Anyone heard that C-Ray Walz & Sharkey album? It comes out today and I don't really want to make a blind buy. I have it on my iPod though so maybe I can listen to it while I drive home from work.[/quote]

Well, I am a big fan of both of them so you do have to take this with a grain of salt but I think its a fucking dope album. It has some of the best beats from this year, period and C-Ray is on point. Most of the songs are off the beaten path but if you come in with no reservations, its really good. I don't know if I would say its one to pick up on a blind buy though if you're not familiar with either of these two though as I can see that because its not exactly a straight up hip hop album, it could turn a few people off.

But frankly, I think the song Electric Avenue is worth the price of admission.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Well, I am a big fan of both of them so you do have to take this with a grain of salt but I think its a fucking dope album. It has some of the best beats from this year, period and C-Ray is on point. Most of the songs are off the beaten path but if you come in with no reservations, its really good. I don't know if I would say its one to pick up on a blind buy though if you're not familiar with either of these two though as I can see that because its not exactly a straight up hip hop album, it could turn a few people off.

But frankly, I think the song Electric Avenue is worth the price of admission.[/QUOTE]

Well I think at this point you have a decent idea of what kind of stuff I like, so I think from your description that I should pick it up.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Well I think at this point you have a decent idea of what kind of stuff I like, so I think from your description that I should pick it up.[/quote]

hmmm, I would honestly listen to it first since it is a concept album (plus even though I think you will like it, I honestly don't want to be wrong and have you spend money on something you don't like)

[quote name='fart_bubble']hmmm, I would honestly listen to it first since it is a concept album (plus even though I think you will like it, I honestly don't want to be wrong and have you spend money on something you don't like)[/QUOTE]

Good point. I'll give it a listen on the way home today.

[quote name='senorwoohoo'] *** Rock The Bells Memories *** [/QUOTE]
Yeah fricking awesome show but fuck all the psycho underage or 35+ rage fans starting the mosh pits. I'm not a small dude but if it wasn't for my brother and his other 6'4"+ 300+ pound friends I woulda gotten stomped. fuck! We escaped half way through Rage's set.... I could see Tom playing guitar clearly so that's all I cared about as I blindly punched back at the people trying to pull us in/push us around.

Damn it was hot that day. Blackstar was a dream come true too. Gotta love that giant, golden buddah from Cypress Hill. I felt like a smoked a carton of cigs and a pound of weed from that show. NY 4 life.

Oh also, time to player hate on me -
my girl in london, who i met up with in nyc, got my original issue Pharoahe Monch "Internal Affairs" CD and a vinyl copy of "Body Baby" signed by the man himself. Hot fiya!

[quote name='MadChedar0']Oh also, time to player hate on me -
my girl in london, who i met up with in nyc, got my original issue Pharoahe Monch "Internal Affairs" CD and a vinyl copy of "Body Baby" signed by the man himself. Hot fiya![/QUOTE]

fuck you.

But I'm glad you had a good time, too. As I said those stupid bastards in the crowd were annoying, but I still had a blast.

It's emusic time again. I hate having only 15 d/l per month cause there's so much good stuff.

I think I'm finally gonna get Emergency Rations. I want another Lif and I don't know if I'm completely down with EI-P's production on Mo' Mega. I gotta get MF Doom's Live From Planet X. Only 1 track for 40 mins. worth of Doom? I'm sold.

I'll find a sampler or EP to fill out the rest, haven't really found one yet. I hate how it's probably gonna take them forever to reset my account tomorrow though.

I hope Nas does a lot of his old stuff. It would be bad if Jay-Z stopped by for some Black Republican or Dead Presidents though.

[quote name='2poor']I hope Nas does a lot of his old stuff. It would be bad if Jay-Z stopped by for some Black Republican or Dead Presidents though.[/QUOTE]

That'd be insane.

When I saw Nas in the spring, he did a good job of mixing things up. He didn't, however, finish all his songs. He would do the first verse and chorus and then switch it up.

[quote name='primetime']It's emusic time again. I hate having only 15 d/l per month cause there's so much good stuff.

I think I'm finally gonna get Emergency Rations. I want another Lif and I don't know if I'm completely down with EI-P's production on Mo' Mega. I gotta get MF Doom's Live From Planet X. Only 1 track for 40 mins. worth of Doom? I'm sold.

I'll find a sampler or EP to fill out the rest, haven't really found one yet. I hate how it's probably gonna take them forever to reset my account tomorrow though.[/QUOTE]only 15?!?!?! I get 65!!

but yeay, Emergency Rations has this dope song on it, Phantom I think...

I dont even kno what I'ma get this month... prolly that Memo album

[quote name='JEKKI']is that santa monica?!?!?!

dang... all this shyt that goes down like this and comic con and stuff makes me hate working :([/quote]

Yeah, I meant Santa Monica's 3rd Street. I couldn't make it at the last minute though... :cry:

That's the thing about living in L.A., ain't it? There's something happening every second of every day of every week. It's just about whether you can make it to these things or not. I swear, reading L.A. Weekly and checking the listings and ads for all the free events makes me feel like I'm missing out on so much in life!

[quote name='JEKKI']only 15?!?!?! I get 65!!

but yeay, Emergency Rations has this dope song on it, Phantom I think...

I dont even kno what I'ma get this month... prolly that Memo album[/quote]

Yeah, I know 15 kills me. But it's pretty much 300 for $30 so I'm not complaining.

Phantom does sound really tight. I really wanna spin Live From Planet X too, but my account's still not reset.

lol... whaaaaat?!?!?!

slugmursfeltsr1.jpg

there's a Felt comic book!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1azVTqDlO7A[/MEDIA]

I Phantom

the best song on that album is jugular vein....

' Why dont you come back to the crib and play some videogames
(doorbell) Thanks for checkin me, sit on the couch
Pick up a controller and lets play Tekken 3
Whoop that ass 4 times now you wanna switch
You can use Eddie now I'm Dr. Barsconovich'

[quote name='JEKKI']lol... whaaaaat?!?!?!

slugmursfeltsr1.jpg

there's a Felt comic book![/quote]

Yeah I saw this when it came out but never bought it for some reason.

[quote name='DJSteel']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1azVTqDlO7A

I Phantom

the best song on that album is jugular vein....

' Why dont you come back to the crib and play some videogames
(doorbell) Thanks for checkin me, sit on the couch
Pick up a controller and lets play Tekken 3
Whoop that ass 4 times now you wanna switch
You can use Eddie now I'm Dr. Barsconovich'
[/quote]

I have to disagree because the best song on that album is the whole album. Whoever put that on youtube put the wrong info because that is off of Emergency Rations EP and the song sounds a little sped up.

[quote name='DJSteel']maybe a little.. there are songs on Emergency rations I didn't like...i love jugular vein though...[/quote]

I guess- not one track is a skip in my book though. I'm really enjoying it.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The Cool is supposed to drop on Halloween.

That's all I've heard.[/QUOTE]Is that the name of the album or does it have something to do with the song (which happens to be one of my favorites off of Food & Liquor)?

[quote name='Liquid 2']Is that the name of the album or does it have something to do with the song (which happens to be one of my favorites off of Food & Liquor)?[/QUOTE]

Album name.

Isn't someone going to one of the Paid Dues concert? If you are, can I send you some money for an album that is only being sold on the tour?

Rock the Bells next saturday has like two Paid Dues stages there, all those mainstream-underground cats will be on those stages.

they should be selling stuff, I can hook u up I guess.

[quote name='JEKKI']Rock the Bells next saturday has like two Paid Dues stages there, all those mainstream-underground cats will be on those stages.

they should be selling stuff, I can hook u up I guess.[/quote]

Well, I am looking for Eligh's new album which happens to be a Paid Dues tour exclusive. It sucks, I totally forgot about this album.

Its called

Eligh & Magi Present: The Brothers Grime

I have no clue on what it costs though. I can paypal you some money now or I can pay you after the show if they have it?

Eligh???

ELIGH?!?!?!

nah jk... he's aiite. best dood from Living Legends next to Murs,

altho I HATE 3MGs.... prolly hate it more than Living Legends collective album...

no... actually I hate Living Legends albums more.

but yeay, I'll get back w/ u after the show, jux chill for now.

[quote name='JEKKI']Eligh???

ELIGH?!?!?!

nah jk... he's aiite. best dood from Living Legends next to Murs,

altho I HATE 3MGs.... prolly hate it more than Living Legends collective album...

no... actually I hate Living Legends albums more.

but yeay, I'll get back w/ u after the show, jux chill for now.[/quote]

I prefere him making beats (his Gandalf series to me are phenominal. Where else can you hear someone go from Nivana to the Super Mario Brothers theme in the same song?) but he is a pretty good rapper. I tend to pick up anything that he has his name on, big fan.

Hey, has anyone heard anything on Kirby Dominant's new album that is suposed to be comming out sometime this year?

lol!! gaming hip-hop mashup done wonerfully!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBHxXufqOEY[/media]

we dont wanna battle you
we jus wanna come and welcome u to shadowloo

classic verse rite there :lol:

[quote name='headpiece747']I hate living in Clarksville now it is so hard to find underground/independent Hip-Hop.[/quote]

Must be some intense deprivation for you since here in L.A. you can't go 20 feet without some "rapper" stepping to you and asking you to listen to his stuff. It gets annoying sometimes having these guys chase me halfway down the block. I'm open to burgeoning talent and I can't knock the hustle but I've come across maybe a couple out of hundreds that were decent.

But I'm sure this sounds like a first-world dilemma to you.

At least you have the internet now, whatever small consolation that may be.

other songs with video game music
Cocoa Brovaz - Super Brooklyn (Super Mario Brothers)
The Lox - All for the Love (Final Fantasy)

[quote name='rapsodist']Must be some intense deprivation for you since here in L.A. you can't go 20 feet without some "rapper" stepping to you and asking you to listen to his stuff. It gets annoying sometimes having these guys chase me halfway down the block. I'm open to burgeoning talent and I can't knock the hustle but I've come across maybe a couple out of hundreds that were decent.

But I'm sure this sounds like a first-world dilemma to you.

At least you have the internet now, whatever small consolation that may be.[/quote]

I remember when sitting in Crenshaw or Fox Hills Mall. People would walk up to me and try to give me there stuff. I have to agree most of it was garbage. I did find this guy at a free Murs concert in LA though, his name is Columbo Black:
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=wa17JHGynPA[/MEDIA]

Anyone heard Cage's album, Movies for the Blind?

Shit's hot~

[quote name='Brak']Anyone heard Cage's album, Movies for the Blind?

Shit's hot~[/quote]

Movies for the Blind is the best Cage album to get because he still sounds hungry on this one and has some great stories.

Kweli posted this on MySpace:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFVIkBrjAI[/MEDIA]

KWELI WANTS TO MAKE A NEW BLACKSTAR ALBUM :hot:.
(he says so at 1 min left)

[quote name='Supreme']Agent Orange FTW.

Seriously, what the fuck happened to Cage? He decided to go emo on us.[/quote]

He signed to Def Jux, stopped doing drugs, started to only use El-P beats and said Movies For The Blind was a drug induced mistake.

[quote name='DJSteel']btw nice avy primetime!.. Go Steelers![/quote]

Thanks man, I need to change it up soon though. Been hearing some good things from training camp ;)

I finally got a chance to listen to Live From Planet X all the way through. Good stuff. Doom's got great breath control too.

bread's done
Back