Who cares about the iPhone, the new OTT has just been released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Temporaryscars']Y:TLM is fantastic. You should also check out:

DMZ
Chew
Hack/Slash
Locke & Key
The Umbrella Academy[/QUOTE]

Add Preacher to that list.

Wow, RE6 came out today...how'd that sneak up on me?

...YIKES!!! Glad I didn't jump on that. Target Clearance pick-up, fo sho'.

Can an iPhone purchased in the US be used in Argentina? Apparently they cost over $1,000 there and my boss asked me if I knew, since his daughter lives there and doesn't want to buy an iPhone there, if he can buy it here and then ship it.

I would assume it would have to be jailbroken and then a sim card purchased there?

[quote name='Number83']Can an iPhone purchased in the US be used in Argentina? Apparently they cost over $1,000 there and my boss asked me if I knew, since his daughter lives there and doesn't want to buy an iPhone there, if he can buy it here and then ship it.

I would assume it would have to be jailbroken and then a sim card purchased there?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have to be jailbroken, you just have to buy an unlocked (unsubsidized) one. At least that is my understanding. Now, I am not sure that a US iPhone 5 is compatible with Argentina's providers. You'll have to look into that.

Here:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...-iphone-5-can-be-unlocked-with-an-easy-reset/

Looks like Verizon unsubsidized is unlocked out of the box. AT&T unsubsidized requires restoring the phone in iTunes, but then it will be unlocked.

original_zps82ba8e56.jpg

[quote name='crunchewy']It doesn't have to be jailbroken, you just have to buy an unlocked (unsubsidized) one. At least that is my understanding. Now, I am not sure that a US iPhone 5 is compatible with Argentina's providers. You'll have to look into that.

Here:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-5...-iphone-5-can-be-unlocked-with-an-easy-reset/

Looks like Verizon unsubsidized is unlocked out of the box. AT&T unsubsidized requires restoring the phone in iTunes, but then it will be unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Crunch!

[quote name='crunchewy']Actually you need to watch at least 30 minutes of at least 3 of the 4 debates, not just the first one (isn't it on Wednesday?). I guess you watch it on your Xbox somehow.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that is correct...I should have read the whole article.

Interested gamers must join Microsoft's Xbox Live Rewards program, and watch at least 30 minutes of three of the four presidential and vice-presidential debates. The debate coverage will be available live through Xbox Live's Election 2012 Hub and will air at 9 p.m. EDT on October 3, October 11, October 16, and October 22.

New Microsoft store opened at the Christiana Mall in DE and they're giving away $25 gift cards for doing the Bing/Google Challenge. One of my coworkers got three. He and his wife did the challenge on the weekend and then he did it again this afternoon.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Do you often eat things you find on your finger?[/QUOTE]

Not really. I mean, I rarely just have things hanging out on me. But yeah, I guess when there is I tend to eat them. I just assume they're food.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Not really. I mean, I rarely just have things hanging out on me. But yeah, I guess when there is I tend to eat them. I just assume they're food.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you break that habit if you do decide to have a kid. :lol: That's a mistake you never want to make, even once.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Just passed my Spanish exam. My new job is secured.[/QUOTE]

The test consisted of Music saying "I'm Mexican!"

I fucking hate Wal-Mart. I wanted to buy Goldeneye today, but they didn't have it in their fucking store. Considering they are the exclusive retailer, it sucks giant ass that they don't even carry it in the fucking store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, that game is super old. I don't think stores sell that game anymore. Try ebay.

I have to work every. single. day. for the next 10 days. FML.

The overtime will be sweet though.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm Cuban, b!

Ahh yes, Cuban B[/QUOTE]haha.
----
I rarely see movies in 3D since it doesn't really interest me but Dredd in 3D was awesome.

I was getting into the 3D trend 2 years ago when I saw Avatar and then Jackass 3D, both of which were well done. And then I saw My Soul To Take and it completely broke me of the trend. I had such a headache after about 30 minutes. I had to watch the whole rest of the movie with the glasses off.

[quote name='Maklershed']You should read his twitter. Its hilarious. It's mostly him just talking shit about 80s wrestlers.[/QUOTE]

I tend to dislike twitter, but you are right. That shit is fucking brilliant.

I've only seen like 3 movies in 3D. As much as I liked Dredd I don't see myself going to 3D movies more frequently. Some good movies out right now. I want to see Looper and End of Watch if I get a chance.
---
Ryback, ever watch ESPN?

Ever watch ESPN... in 3D!?
33fg87o.jpg

[quote name='DT778']I've only seen like 3 movies in 3D. As much as I liked Dredd I don't see myself going to 3D movies more frequently. Some good movies out right now. I want to see Looper and End of Watch if I get a chance.
---
Ryback, ever watch ESPN?

Ever watch ESPN... in 3D!?
33fg87o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

ESPN in 3D kind of stinks. They don't seem to air any content that is new. I haven't checked the channel out in a while, but everything they showed was from months ago.

The olympics were pretty cool in 3D.

[quote name='DT778']That sucks. Monday night football isn't 3d? Have you seen any football game in 3d? If so how was it?[/QUOTE]

I know MNF wasn't last year. Haven't checked this year. I watched Oregon play a game last year and part of the title game last year. It looked really good. Sports works well in 3D.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']I fucking hate Wal-Mart. I wanted to buy Goldeneye today, but they didn't have it in their fucking store. Considering they are the exclusive retailer, it sucks giant ass that they don't even carry it in the fucking store.[/QUOTE]

Same here, just went in and asked them and they said it's online only and that they dont sell it instore. :roll:

Morning, OTT.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't like seeing them in the theater, but I enjoy seeing them in my house. I'm up to like 10 3D movies.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I find myself picking up the 3D Blu packages now whenever available, instead of just the regular package. I figure since the regular Blu's come with it, why not.

28 days till Halloween. I'm actually going to get costumes early this year instead of waiting until the weekend before.

Here's hoping for another slow work day.

What is it with (some) people going all-out crazy with Halloween stuff like it is a second coming of Jesus? People trying to recapture youth I guess...

@the_ironsheik: if the #2012debate had the Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Sheikie baby the Jim duggan would lose because he only know how to say hooo hooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back