Who got the props? 5ft, Evil Dee & BuckshOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely with wow, baseball is the best. Perfect for watching on lazy summer days. Although I was in Boston last year bar crawling during the Sox Yanks game where Boston hit 3 or 4 consecutive homers, and the entire city was going fucking nuts.

[quote name='lordwow']People who find baseball boring don't understanding pitching. Once you understand pitching it becomes far more entertaining because every pitch is a battle.[/quote]

I understand pitching, mostly, and I still think it's boring.
Pitching takes skill, but it doesn't change the fact that there's not enough action for my ADD-riddled brain.

:lol: Hockey is just a guy hitting a puck with a stick. Football is just a guy catching a ball. Basketball is a guy throwing a ball at a hoop.

I could never stay awake when my uncle used to take me to Dodger stadium, I'd get a hot dog a giant soda, a cap and halfway through the game I'm snoozing.

Used to play Little league for the Oakland A's and the Lil Dodgers, but I traded it in for a B-ball jersey in middle school.

I should clarify that I'm not sitting there on the edge of my seat staring at the baseball game. No one watches baseball like that. Generally I'm posting on here with the TV on and the game going.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

When is wipeout on -- I've been meaning to DVR it -- it's probably more entertaining than AG at this point, for sure.[/QUOTE]

Not sure when it's on. But the hosts make fun of the contestants so it has that MXC feel to it. Also the 'events' are for the most part pretty neat.

[quote name='lordwow']You can't really paint the Red Sox with the cheater brush... there's really no way to cheat in baseball.[/quote]

Sure there is. The Yankees pioneered it. It's called buying championships.

Put a salary cap in baseball. Then it'll be more "fair".

[quote name='lordwow']You can't really paint the Red Sox with the cheater brush... there's really no way to cheat in baseball.[/QUOTE]

Sure there is. Steal the catcher's signals with a dude planted in the center field bleachers and binoculars. Have the 1st or 3rd base coach (depending on the batter's hand) stand different ways to signal the batter what pitch should be coming.

And yet the Yankees with the largest payroll in baseball are still in 3rd place and haven't won in years.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have the lowest payroll in baseball and the best record. Wins are rarely decided by payroll. Read Moneyball.

Wubb: stealing signs are done by all teams with a player on 2nd base. That's why they change signals whenever players are on base and like daily.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']How can you not like baseball?!?!?!
Football is trash.
[/quote]

At least a large majority of football players actually EARN some of the pay they make. Manning or Brady? Probably. A-rod? :rofl: At least it's the Yankees who are overpaying for him.

And it's a hell of a lot more exciting of a game than baseball. Go watch a golf match. Then attend a chess tourney... and while you're at it, go collect some stamps.

[quote name='lordwow']
Wubb: stealing signs are done by all teams with a player on 2nd base. That's why they change signals whenever players are on base and like daily.[/QUOTE]

Stealing by a player on 2nd is different. Anyway is that allowed or technically also illegal?

Another thing about baseball is how bitch ass their players are.

Any out door sport that actually gets canceled or delayed for weather is straight bitch. Soccer players play in rain,snow,wind etc. Football played in rain,snow,wind etc. Many a sport.

If you are an outdoor sport you get your ass out there and play.

In college I played a game when it was 8 degrees in a freezing rain storm. And it hards hard and baseball players run into the dugout like kids.

[quote name='wubb']Stealing by a player on 2nd is different. Anyway is that allowed or technically also illegal?[/QUOTE]

Stealing signs is allowed. All you have to do is DVR a game and you can see all of a catcher's signals. That's why they're changed daily.

[quote name='lordwow']Stealing signs is allowed. All you have to do is DVR a game and you can see all of a catcher's signals. That's why they're changed daily.[/QUOTE]

Well whatever. I'm sure the Red Sox figured out some way to cheat and are doing it with gusto. :cool:

[quote name='wubb']Well whatever. I'm sure the Red Sox figured out some way to cheat and are doing it with gusto. :cool:[/QUOTE]

:roll:

I'd like to pick up Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii version) either buy it or trade Super Mario Galaxy for it. Any OTTers interested hit me with a PM.

[quote name='lordwow']And yet the Yankees with the largest payroll in baseball are still in 3rd place and haven't won in years.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have the lowest payroll in baseball and the best record. Wins are rarely decided by payroll. Read Moneyball.

Wubb: stealing signs are done by all teams with a player on 2nd base. That's why they change signals whenever players are on base and like daily.[/quote]

Hmmm, I dunno -- up until recently, when Steinbrenner decided he needed A-rod and Johnny Damon and whomever else and was willing to toss money out the window in the believe it would solve the problems that arose... I dunno.

Granted, if you don't have a team that plays well together? That's one thing -- but it certainly affects a sport like football more than baseball -- if your QB hates his WR or RB, or your OL hates your QB? you're fucked... if your CF doesn't get along with your closer? Who fucking cares? Winning 4 titles in 5 years? That's some chicago bulls with michael jordan and scottie pippen shit right there. Money bought that.

Baseball players make more than football players because they draw a shitload more revenue. Football players play what, up to 19 games a season? Baseball players play 162. In Boston, every game is sold out. That's huge cash.

I thoroughly enjoy baseball, golf, chess, and while I don't collect stamps, I find it quite interesting.

Football is just what meathead decided to sprint in the opposite direction so he could break that little guy's clavicle.

[quote name='lordwow']Baseball players make more than football players because they draw a shitload more revenue. Football players play what, up to 19 games a season? Baseball players play 162. In Boston, every game is sold out. That's huge cash.[/QUOTE]

TV rights is where the real money is at. NFL has to bring in more than MLB on that front right?

footballquote.jpg

[quote name='lordwow']Baseball players make more than football players because they draw a shitload more revenue. Football players play what, up to 19 games a season? Baseball players play 162. In Boston, every game is sold out. That's huge cash.[/quote]

But the Detroit Lions sell out 95% of their games and they are by far the worst team in the NFL.

If they played more than 19 games it would make as much or more than any baseball team.

And lets not forget that beacuse you spend 98% of your time in baseball standing around not doing anything at all you can play 162 games.

Any other sport and your body would fall apart after 20 games.

[quote name='wubb']TV rights is where the real money is at. NFL has to bring in more than MLB on that front right?[/QUOTE]

In primetime maybe. Think about it though, Baseball playoffs have as many prime-time games as the entire NFL season does. The NFL makes more per game, but baseball has almost 8x as many games.

Plus in most cases, the teams OWN the television stations (NESN, YES), so it's pure profit.

[quote name='Soodmeg']But the Detroit Lions sell out 95% of their games and they are by far the worst team in the NFL.

If they played more than 19 games it would make as much or more than any baseball team.

And lets not forget that beacuse you spend 98% of your time in baseball standing around not doing anything at all you can play 162 games.

Any other sport and your body would fall apart after 20 games.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you figure that.

Boston Red Sox attendence for last year was 3,000,000 x $30 ticket = $90,000,000 in JUST attendance at minimum ticket price. Most seats are $45+. Plus concessions are where the $$ is.

[quote name='wubb']TV rights is where the real money is at. NFL has to bring in more than MLB on that front right?[/quote]

No. Baseball has to bring in more money because of the more games played.

Soodmeg confirms that he doesn't watch football. Miami's by far the worst team in the NFL. Detroit was actually decent this year, which was a huge improvement for them.

I like how we are all just gutting wow for no real reason at all other than the fact that he likes baseball. Sorry wow.

More facts. Take me out to the ball game is the worst god damn song of all time. The fact that you force random people to sing it every game is enough to make the sport crap.

Quote.
"The DH: A Professional Fat Guy – Hey, are you a tub of lard with a dream of being a professional athlete. Fear no more. You too can still be a professional athlete! The Designated Hitter role is tailor-made for you and other high level pros who don’t like to run. Just swing a bat, jog to first, get replaced by a real athlete who likes to run, and collect your millions. Don’t worry about things like diet and training. Those are for suckers. You’re a DH. You’re a professional batting cage attendee."

[quote name='lordwow']In primetime maybe. Think about it though, Baseball playoffs have as many prime-time games as the entire NFL season does. The NFL makes more per game, but baseball has almost 8x as many games.
[/QUOTE]

Again this is what's wrong with baseball. Their playoff games all run until Midnight-1AM which = no young fans. Hell that's too late for me to watch the end so I don't bother watching them at all for the most part.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Soodmeg confirms that he doesn't watch football. Miami's by far the worst team in the NFL. Detroit was actually decent this year, which was a huge improvement for them.[/quote]

Detroit, decent. HA!!! 6-2 to 0-8.

[quote name='wubb']Again this is what's wrong with baseball. Their playoff games all run until Midnight-1AM which = no young fans. Hell that's too late for me to watch the end so I don't bother watching them at all for the most part.[/QUOTE]

The only sport that doesn't is football. The Celtics games were going until well past midnight here in Boston because they started at 9 PM EST.

At least most of the playoffs the teams rotate primetime and play 1/2 their games before (at 1 or 4 PM EST).

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Soodmeg confirms that he doesn't watch football. Miami's by far the worst team in the NFL. Detroit was actually decent this year, which was a huge improvement for them.[/quote]

I am talking all time. The Lions have never done anything.....ever. Yet they still sell out games all the time.

Miami had championships, superstar QBs.....just until last year they really sucked. The lions have sucked since they have been a team.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I like how we are all just gutting wow for no real reason at all other than the fact that he likes baseball. Sorry wow.[/QUOTE]

Nah, there are lots of reasons. :D

I truly think the NFL makes more money than the other pro sport leagues in the US. I'd be interested to see any sources that indicate otherwise. (Not that I have my own sources. :lol: )

[quote name='Soodmeg']I like how we are all just gutting wow for no real reason at all other than the fact that he likes baseball. Sorry wow.

More facts. Take me out to the ball game is the worst god damn song of all time. The fact that you force random people to sing it every game is enough to make the sport crap.

Quote.
"The DH: A Professional Fat Guy – Hey, are you a tub of lard with a dream of being a professional athlete. Fear no more. You too can still be a professional athlete! The Designated Hitter role is tailor-made for you and other high level pros who don’t like to run. Just swing a bat, jog to first, get replaced by a real athlete who likes to run, and collect your millions. Don’t worry about things like diet and training. Those are for suckers. You’re a DH. You’re a professional batting cage attendee."[/quote]

You have a point. No more DH. Pitchers can and should hit.

[quote name='lordwow']The only sport that doesn't is football. The Celtics games were going until well past midnight here in Boston because they started at 9 PM EST.

At least most of the playoffs the teams rotate primetime and play 1/2 their games before (at 1 or 4 PM EST).[/QUOTE]

NBA is making the same mistake. No doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back